The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Insider: Version 6
GimmickMan
The Rowdy One

Posts 2476
Registered 8-14-2003
Location Republic of Woodhaven

Mood: FELLA!

posted on 7-15-2004 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Please see the LAWS of The OO Forums:

quote:

1. What can get you banned:
GENERAL STUPIDITY.

quote:

If you get banned outright, you were too stupid or offensive to be helped.

quote:

The more irritating and rude you are, the more likely you'll be permanently banned just to make you shut up.

quote:

If all else fails, just put up with how stupid we are. Okay, so we've banned you, and it turns out that we're really wrong, but we don't see it that way. If it comes to this, be the better person. Just put up with it, because we're obviously too stupid to see it.

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by GimmickMan]

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

AKSII
Banned

Posts 3
Registered 7-15-2004

Mood:

posted on 7-15-2004 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry, I did not realise responding when someone accuses me of mis-using a word is a bannable offense.

Then again, the fact that someone would go to the effort of posting for that reason (especially when they were wrong) would sort of demonstrate that maybe they are too stupid to be on here? no?

GimmickMan
The Rowdy One

Posts 2476
Registered 8-14-2003
Location Republic of Woodhaven

Mood: FELLA!

posted on 7-15-2004 at 02:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No, but basically saying

"FUCK THE MODS"

can do that to you, hoss. That's a no-no, you should know that.

EDIT: Mah grammer iz nott two gOOd.

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by GimmickMan]

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 7-15-2004 at 02:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You make it sound like you were gracious and cordial with your responses. You were not. You threw a temper tantrum and started throwing insults and profanities.

For the record, I did not attack you. I called you on what I still believe to be a gramatical error and you went balistic, all the while refusing to defend your stance.

You need to realize that sometimes things like that are like blood to pirahnas. Once people smell it, it turns in to a feeding frenzy.

For crying out loud, if it had have been against someone else, you might have even chuckled a little.

It was not some sort of personal attack or vendetta against you. All we were doing was having fun and amusing ourselves. Teasing is a very common occurance around here and if you cannot handle that then this is definitely the wrong place for you.

Get over yourself, seriously.

Who wants soup?

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 7-15-2004 at 02:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
edited because I'm getting flamed on AIM for my grammar. GM is in a mood.

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by FusionFistCutter]

!

ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 7-15-2004 at 02:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For the record, I was banned for what?
Being a fucking asshole. Going ballistic on posters for only about the 5th time.

Never once did I claim to be 'inside'. For Mod to reveal that is a shocking invasion of my privacy and to reveal the fact that I may have been banned in the past?
Fine, sue the moderators. I won't even get a lawyer. Because I won't need one to watch you get laughed out of court. "AKS was revealed as 'The Insider' your honor. This has caused people to look up my name, 'The Insider,' in the phone book and burn my house down. Also, I can no longer run my business 'The Insider Corp.' Clearly 'The Insider' has suffered significant damages."

In case you didn't notice, 2Hot outed you as "The Insider." Sue him. And another thing, I don't think he or anyone else would've known who you are if you could have shut the fuck up about how "AWESOME WINNIPEG IS D00DZ"!!! Maybe not dropping your super cool "INSIDER" terms like "heeling on him" would've helped you stay anonymous. I don't actually think you give a shit about staying anonymous. If you did, you'd post differently. I just think you'll mention anything if it makes you seem like the victim of the mean mods.

I have seen other people complain about him on here and they get banned. Terrible.
You mean like 3 previous versions of you?

Does the fact you have been posting longer then me mean its okay to do that and Mod will always take your side?
The fact that none of them have ever repeatedly done the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER and personally insulted me makes me inclined to take their side.

Because it makes you feel good to attack the new guy?
NEW GUY? Do you ever fucking leave?

Rick - you need to do something. This is beyond a joke, where I cannot not even come here and post on-topic posts without being attacked and if I dare defend myself, the ModGOD bans me. Is he some sort of Nazi?
DADDY! DADDY! HELP ME!!! I BROKE GODWIN'S LAW AND THE OTHER KIDS ARE LAUGHING AT ME!!!

Thank you.

Die soon.

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 7-15-2004 at 02:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ModSquadDie soon.

And don't forget to take a stroke on some tacks on the way out!

!

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4431
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 7-15-2004 at 02:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AKS
Actually I used 'heel' in the correct context. You've just learned somthing new.

You know, not to try to bring this back to some semblance of the pointless argument that started this mess, but...

Actually, I'm on the fringes of the sports entertainment industry, and that's a new one on me. I would have been entirely comfortable with saying the crowd "turned" on Lita. In no context, in no discussion with anyone, ever, have I heard anyone blame a crowd for "heeling" on a babyface.

Now, keeping in mind that it's news to me if you can say "The crowd at Vengeance HEELED on Edge," MY understanding of the wrestling verb "to heel," as learned in various interviews/discussions WOULD make it perfectly acceptable to say "I wonder if Edge was HEELING by grabbing the rope to beat Batista on RAW, or if that was just a red herring?"...

I've also been known to opine that Triple H HEELS like a motherfucker, if you need another forinstance.

The crowd doesn't turn heel by booing Lita, because the crowd is not a character. They turn ON Lita, they might even turn Lita heel, but they, themselves, do not turn and thus do not heel.

Twas always my understanding, anyway....

The rest of this: that's the Mods mess. And god bless them for knowing what the fuck this is all about, cuz I sure don't get it....

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 7-15-2004 at 02:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
re-posted here as requested....

=====

verb

1: a word that serves as the predicate of a sentence

2: a content word that denotes an action or a state

Heel

1: A bad guy

2: A rule-breaker

OK, so to be a verb, a word should probably be an action? Fair enough? So how does heel become a verb? If say a person is being a bad guy or breaking rules, then sure, they are heeling it up big time bay-bee!!!

BUT....

If a crowd is booing somebody and heeling it up how do you explain this?

quote:
Originally posted by AKS
She slept with Kane because she's an idiot. And no birth control...c'mon. She's a skanky moron. THAT makes her a heel.

If we look at the quote, you clearly accept that the word "heel" in "wrestling terms" means that the wrestler is "the bad guy" in the conflict. So why are the fans breaking a rule or being bad themselves by booing a heel? How are they "heeling on her" if she is the bad guy? Aren't wrestling fans suppose to boo crap?

Can't we all agree on that? i mean we can all agree on some things right? RIGHT? How about this...we can all agree that in order for me to enjoy the crap this thread has become it needs a little more of something.

More silence from AKNeeedsADictionary? Sure...but no what this thread needs is...

MORE TRISH!!!

So back onto RAW, does anybody besides me find it odd that Trish is the top heel after Evolution and Kane?

whyme
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1039
Registered 2-4-2003
Location in my house

Mood: Minty Fresh

posted on 7-15-2004 at 03:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i like pie

Two Penguins sitting in a bathtub, one says pass the radio.

ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 7-15-2004 at 03:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One more thing I need to add, since The_Insider can't add it for you, because he's been banned. But he just sent me an email that read:

"The New ECW is coming. No, seriously this time. It's a mortal lock! BANK ON IT!!!"

Just thought you should all know that.

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 7-15-2004 at 03:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sweet, I can get my Roadkill the Amish Warrior shirt out of storage!

!

AriestheRam
Showstopper

Posts 566
Registered 3-27-2003
Location Madison, WI

Mood: Cold

posted on 7-15-2004 at 04:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hide the chickens

Have you noticed that in every group of people there is a guy who just knows shit? He has no explanation for how he knows it or any reason to know it, he just knows shit. Be careful around that guy, he is thinking of ways to kill you.

For some odd reason I am on Twitter. You can follow me @BPF32781

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AriestheRam 's Aim   AriestheRam 's Yahoo
OffIceman
And I am AWESOME

Posts 127
Registered 3-12-2004
Location Eerie, PA

Mood: Hello, is it me ur l

posted on 7-15-2004 at 06:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
sigh...Just when I thought I'd found a website with intelligent wrestling discourse. Oh well, what are you gonna do???

It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!!!

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 7-15-2004 at 12:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ModSquad
One more thing I need to add, since The_Insider can't add it for you, because he's been banned. But he just sent me an email that read:

"The New ECW is coming. No, seriously this time. It's a mortal lock! BANK ON IT!!!"

Just thought you should all know that.

Okay....

I can take someone trying to fuck up this board.

I can take someone reinventing himself numerous times, only to be outed.

I can take someone sending threatening e-mails to the Mods.

But stealing MY patented catchphrase BANK ON IT (!!!) ?

You just crossed a line, PAL. Now you have the Canadian Bulldog to answer to, bee-yotch!!!

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3331
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-15-2004 at 08:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OffIceman
sigh...Just when I thought I'd found a website with intelligent wrestling discourse. Oh well, what are you gonna do???

Don't worry. This is not the norm around here. Just be sure to take note and not get on any of these guys' bad sides.

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by ThePunisher]

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 7-16-2004 at 07:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Insider never emailed me any inside scoops. I'm jealous, Prime!

TheImmortalMarkHogan
Fella

Posts 434
Registered 5-4-2002
Location P-burg, WV

Mood: Spastic

posted on 7-17-2004 at 05:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not to re-derail this wonderful topic, but, THANK YOU Figure Foreskin for making me laugh out loud after reading your name.
TIMH
Edited for errors...

[Edited on 7-17-2004 by TheImmortalMarkHogan]

Top 5 Things BTR Does With Billy's Thong

5. Puts in on....realizes he has it on backwards...and sadly realize everything is still covered.
- BFG

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   TheImmortalMarkHogan 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   TheImmortalMarkHogan 's Yahoo
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top