The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Seeds of dissention?
madiq
Crusader for Pure Truth

Posts 2131
Registered 7-5-2002
Location Brooklyn, New York, the capital of the Universe

Mood:

posted on 6-29-2004 at 12:05 PM Edit Post
Seeds of dissention?

What was behind Randy and Dave flipping out when Triple H made Eugene an honorary member of Evolution? It didn't seem like they were on the same page, and was the first indication of Randy showing some degree of unwillingness to defer to the authority of Flair and HHH. Interesting...

What do you guys think?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   madiq 's Aim
ConspiracyVictim
Showstopper

Posts 514
Registered 2-9-2004
Location Location Location

Mood: Friggin Morose

posted on 6-29-2004 at 12:25 PM Edit Post
Normally, I'd suspect that they were simply acting out the same sentiments as voiced by JR and Lawler. But what I found most interesting was how Flair showed the same worries, but not until he had HHH alone - and of Orton and Batista, it seemed almost that Batista was trying to calm Orton down a bit...

So, either it's seeds, or it's nothing. Evolution WILL break apart one day, but I'm not sure that now is the right time - they're the only real stable out there, and they're effective right now... hard to say...

Attention: If anybody knows how to remove DNA from a passenger seat, please send me a u2u ASAP.

Attitude Adjuster
Making Mods Submit Since March, 2007

Posts 2343
Registered 8-13-2003
Location Parts Unknown

Mood: y Jack Melendez

posted on 6-29-2004 at 11:56 PM Edit Post
Or they're working on Orton's character of "dumb pretty boy" who isn't in on the joke, while even the musclehead Batista understands what Triple H is up to.

Now that's the kind of funny that could make a split good. Orton, pissed at Triple H because he doesn't get the joke, becomes the self-centered egotistical jerk and has everyone in Evolution turn on him.

Sting is the dumbest man in wrestling. That's a well established fact. I'd personally find it offensive and out of character if Sting didn't volunteer to do the stupid thing.
--Lucky Lopez

madiq
Crusader for Pure Truth

Posts 2131
Registered 7-5-2002

Mood:

posted on 7-6-2004 at 11:34 AM Edit Post
The saga continues.

I think it's becoming clear that a rift is developing between Triple H and the troops over Eugene. They managed to kiss and make up last night, but it remains to be seen how long the unity will last...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   madiq 's Aim
promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 7-6-2004 at 11:49 AM Edit Post
I didn't really think anything of it because I can't see any real break up happening anytime soon. The seeds could be planted, but I am still suspicious of Eugene staying face for long. I am still expecting the swerve of him joining Evolution which might cause the rift down the line.
G-B
G-B Classic

Posts 2198
Registered 12-26-2002
Location The Buck, AZ

Mood: Old Schooley...

posted on 7-6-2004 at 04:23 PM Edit Post
I think Evolution's break will be a slow burn, maybe culminating at No Way Out to set up a WM match between Orton and HHH.

Would HHH give him the rub???

AKS
Banned

Posts 61
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 7-6-2004 at 05:44 PM Edit Post
Obvious seed. Problem - who will be face and who will be heel?

The cynic in me says HHH uses this thing with Eugene to turn himself baby. Orton takes over Evolution. I would hope, in that situation, that FLair turns face as well. He'd be the perfect and ultimate legend for Orton to take down on his way to HHH.

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 7-6-2004 at 07:49 PM Edit Post
This is the way I see it going down.

Orton will hold onto the belt indefinitely, turning back challenges from the current roster, and maybe a few "legends" thrown in here and there. There may be a few arguments between him and HHH for control of the group, but nothing will happen - yet.

Later on this year, or January 2005 at the latest, Orton finally convinces Evolution to dump Triple H. The ONLY way this would work would be HHH as the face and Orton as the heel....

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 7-6-2004 at 08:11 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canadian Bulldog
The ONLY way this would work would be HHH as the face and Orton as the heel....

No it isn't.

Who wants soup?

AKS
Banned

Posts 61
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 7-6-2004 at 08:19 PM Edit Post
I could see Orton turning face quite easily, but it is more logical to keep him heel and turn HHH. But HHH will eventually have to turn again because he's more likely to be a heel.

Plus, Flair will be a face before all is said and done. He has to. Not just for nastalgic 'we all love him' sake, but a Ric Flair retirment tour would draw everywhere he goes. Therefor, orton heel, Flair face. Flair is THE legend, the final legend for Orton to beat before going on to HHH.

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

posted on 7-6-2004 at 09:14 PM Edit Post
I know I'm still wondering what would be the best scenario in terms of heel and face in all of this. I suppose Triple H by default if Flair is turned on too. Maybe Eugene is in on it with Orton? It would Eugene evolving from simpleton to mastermind, Batista=taking over the physical specimen that Trips once was, Orton=new leader of Evolution. One thing I thought they could do was crown Orton as WWE Champ and have Trips finally try to regain the title he lost at WM XX at WM 21, but Orton aint ready for that world title imo at all. I think a face Trips would work in that scenario with Flair of course behind him just to make sure.
promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

posted on 7-12-2004 at 03:24 PM Edit Post
This is just something I felt to throw out there, but suppose Orton dropping the I-C title is used to open him up to the main event scene with Benoit. He defeats Benoit for the world heavyweight title and that would cause dissention for sure. That goes right to the core of Evolution.

[Edited on 7-12-2004 by promoter2003]

madiq
Crusader for Pure Truth

Posts 2131
Registered 7-5-2002

Mood:

posted on 7-12-2004 at 11:37 PM Edit Post
That makes sense, but isn't that more of a "Survivor Series" or "Royal Rumble" turn of events? I mean, giving Randy the World Title soon can't mean that he's going to hold it until the new year, and without time off for HHH, he'd need to register his frustration at a far earlier point.

However, if Triple H loses at Summerslam, and goes on hiatus, then Randy returns Evolution to glory, (Imagine Flair taking the IC title from Edge, Batista defeating and defending the tag team titles by himself, and Orton winning the World Title.) Triple H will return to see that his team might not need him after all. And if they start making him feel obsolete, then Trips can enter the Royal Rumble to attempt to get his shot. Maybe he wins, or maybe Randy costs him the win. And maybe HHH costs Orton the title, setting up the Final Legend left for Orton to kill. (We'll assume that he defeated Rock at some point before in a high-profile match, allowing the People's Champion to relocate his unscheduled appearances to Smackdown.)

This is obviously a long term feud, but it is doable...

New Topic New Poll

go to top