The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: I LOVE WHAT SMACKDOWN DID
Smooth Gold
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 17
Registered 6-9-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:03 PM Edit Post
I LOVE WHAT SMACKDOWN DID

Smackdown gave a big F-U to all the internet critics for trying to tell them how to run their business.

JBL is now champion,he's not an awesome athlete but he is a guy that the fans will hate.
Who is Raw champion? That Benoit guy,Bradshaw would destroy his candy ass.

The new plan is to have Eddie and Taker both challenge for the title.BUSINESS HAS PICK UP FOLKS!!!!

This Bradshaw,Taker and Eddie I cannot spell 'feud' will be interesting.

Cena and Angle I cannot spell 'feud' will continue.

Rey and Chavo I cannot spell 'feud' ended with a great match.(I hope we see a Haas and Chavo I cannot spell 'feud' next).Rey and Nunzio should I cannot spell 'feud' for the CW title.

Dudleyz need new challengers. This might be the beginning of the internet favorite Paul London push. I remember reading reports months ago that WWE is planning to push the team of Kidman and London.

SMACKDOWN HAS SHOCK THE WORLD

I'm definitely paying attention to Smackdown.

I hope Raw do something surprising.Putting the World title on Jericho or Edge or Kane will be something shocking.HHH will probably win his title back.

I have not watch a full episode of Raw without turning the channel since Foley was there.I don't know why the internet love Raw so much,the show is so predictable.

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:06 PM Edit Post
I'm kinda curious.

Are you basically saying that Vince McMahon hates the IWC so much that he would book against it? But, he cares enough about the IWC to...book against it?

That doesn't seem to make any kind of sense.

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

Y2G
Showstopper

Posts 723
Registered 6-21-2004
Location Next to a PC, like, duh...

Mood: LOUD NOISES!!!

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:11 PM Edit Post
huh?

"SMACKDOWN HAS SHOCK THE WORLD" !?

To use the words of on SCSA What!?

You think they shocked anybody?

What!?

You think the IWC were shocked?

What!?

You think anyone understood what you said?

What!?

You think anybody who hasn't been watching SD! will be running back to turn the T.V on on Thursday night?

What!?

I sure as hell won't.

What!?

Plees exquse tha speling meestayks. I lernd in tha Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good.

anvilicious - That's a great one Erin

Eddie - Thanks for all the lying, cheating and stealing.

GimmickMan
The Rowdy One

Posts 2476
Registered 8-14-2003
Location Republic of Woodhaven

Mood: FELLA!

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:13 PM Edit Post
I like RAW because, generally, IT DOESN'T SUCK.

Come on...how can you put on a PPV with matches like:

Haas/Reigns
Mordecai/Holly
Torrie/Sable
Kenzo/Gunn

Charlie Haas is the only one who deserves PPV time out of those stiffs.

Seriously, what the hell is that? That should be the lineup for Velocity every week. We see matches like this when people like Kidman, Paul London, Nunzio are sitting on the sidelines participating in comedy skits. I think a Paul London/Nunzio match would've been QUALITY on the PPV after their little confrontation on SD! last week. Instead, about six people will see it on Velocity this upcoming Saturday.

A screwball finish in the WWE Title match might be a little more acceptable if the rest of the card doesn't blow more than the hooker in the middle of a big city. Just fucking ridiculous.

Ugh. THINK!

And learn to use the fucking space bar, Smooth Gold.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

Smooth Gold

Posts 17
Registered 6-9-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:24 PM Edit Post
WHO MADE JBL INTO THE MOST HATE MAN IN THE WWE? THE INTERNET

Who made a big deal about the CNBC firing? The internet,the news media did'nt make a big deal about it.People in the news reported and went to another topic.The wrestling websites talk about it to death and still is.

Who made a big deal about the Nazi salute? The internet,CNBC did fired him for it but like I said it wasn't a HUGE STORY to them.

Who made a big deal about his push? The internet,everyday you see the same thing in different columns.How many times have Rick talk about the JBL push? You have the right to complain but to do it over and over is what Vince want.

Why did people make a big deal about his WWE.com columns? Did you actually think he wrote his columns? WWE is in control of everything.

Vince loves controversy,you guys know he do.Why give him a reason to push JBL harder? When Bossman got a title shot,or even Hardcore Holly,the criticism was kept short and simple.When you guys first heard about JBL,it was World War 3.

In the long run,this JBL push will be justified.It will open the doors to new fueds.

Firebreaker Chip
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1396
Registered 1-21-2004
Location Shangri-La

Mood: Wolveriffic

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:46 PM Edit Post
I don't hate JBL at all. I actually kinda of like him. Its the fact that the morons at the WWE screwed over their own belt. They gave the belt to an unbelievable champ. He is not believeable as champ. Now the history books will say JBL as WWE Champ. Had JBL gone through the US Title then to the world title. Then maybe he would be more believable. What you said about him beating Benoit makes no sense because he couldn't beat Gunn.

Vince loves big men and people say that's why he put the title on JBL what that doesn't make sense. JBL isn't that big, Undertaker is much bigger and is a proven draw why not give to Undertaker, who is also a big man.

Riding Space Mountain: Pro Wrestling & Occasionally More Blog

Y2G
Showstopper

Posts 723
Registered 6-21-2004

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:50 PM Edit Post
WHO MADE JBL INTO THE MOST HATE MAN IN THE WWE? JBL

Who made a big deal about the CNBC firing? JBL, I didn't cut a promo on SD!,the news media did'nt make a big deal about it.People in the news reported and went to another topic. So did i...The wrestling websites talk about it to death and still is. Wrestling fans care about the business and have every right to voice their opinions

Who made a big deal about the Nazi salute? Who would you expect dude? I really can't stomach the ease with which he got by that stupid little stunt. but nevermind. See previous comment about the right to voice your opinion,CNBC did fired him for it but like I said it wasn't a HUGE STORY to them. So why the hell did they fire him if it wasn't a big deal for them?.....

Who made a big deal about his push? The internet,everyday you see the same thing in different columns.How many times have Rick talk about the JBL push? You have the right to complain but to do it over and over is what Vince want. and complain we WILL until we're tired of this or until JBL is back to Velocity where he belongs

Why did people make a big deal about his WWE.com columns? Did you actually think he wrote his columns? WWE is in control of everything. Because he's a no good piece of unworthy wrestler who at best could go at it on Velocity and because he can't take criticism. If you can't handle the press don't go work in WWE.

Vince loves controversy,you guys know he do.Why give him a reason to push JBL harder? When Bossman got a title shot,or even Hardcore Holly,the criticism was kept short and simple.When you guys first heard about JBL,it was World War 3. Just goes to show how strongly we feel about it

In the long run,this JBL push will be justified.It will open the doors to new fueds. New and JBL don't belong in the same sentence... He is yesterday's news. He is boring and it will not be justified... The doors are open and the crowd is running away through them...

Plees exquse tha speling meestayks. I lernd in tha Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good.

bemanisuperstar
rOOkie

Posts 34
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 04:58 PM Edit Post
I'm seriously tempted to take a dump in a plastic ziplock bag put it in a box Mail it to Stanford with a note reading This is what you put out every Thursday night

Am I the only one who'd do this?

[Edited on 6-28-2004 by bemanisuperstar]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   bemanisuperstar 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:00 PM Edit Post
I HATE THE IDEA OF JBL AS CHAMPIONS.

Honesty, who find this man entertains? No one. Who spend all thier time complaining about JBL? The internets. Why? Because the average fan can't give a shit about JBL.

JBL has a modicum of talent as generic power wrestler. But he need time to grow in his gimmick, let the fan get used to him, and give his gimmick depth that not limos, cowboy hats and trophy. To give JBL the title is a bad, bad, bad, bad decisions times 1000.

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:02 PM Edit Post
Is it okay NOW for me to crush "Smooth Gold" like the fuckwitted numbskull Nazi Prole I firmly believe him to be?

Yes?

Okay. Look jackoff, let me explain why you suck. It has nothing to do with Bradshaw. It has a lot to do with the fact that you mom and dad were first cousins. Every single one of your pinheaded, peabrained, insert-insult-here-implying-you're-stupid posts so far have been of the "Hooray for Vince! Sticking it to the INTERNET" variety.

Now, normally, you wouldn't think that the author of the Smarkies would have a problem with someone bashing the Internet. Except, of course, that I never just lumped all and sundry in to the giant rubric, "the internet". I picked examples. I quoted actual statements. And when I posted here, I don't recall ever implying that everyone with a computer was the philosphical brother of Scott Keith.

You sir, are a churl. I command you in the name of Allah to chew your own fingers off before posting another of these retarded "Ha ha- Vince is RUINING HIS OWN BUSINESS JUST TO PISS YOU NUMBNUTS OFF, AND I'M LOVING IT" threads.

AKS
Banned

Posts 61
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:10 PM Edit Post
Let me say I am a Bradshaw fan.

His promo on SD two weeks ago was one of the finest promos i have ever heard. He is a great mid card heel with upside.

He would make a great opponant for Cena.

He is not main event.

Smooth Gold

Posts 17
Registered 6-9-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:12 PM Edit Post
You should be banned for your comments OO KYLE.To get off topic is immature.

It's funny how alot of people on the net,think alike.

The more we pay attention to JBL,the longer he would be push.

The only way to get rid of him is to ignore him.Stop watching Smackdown is not the complete answer,you also have to stop complaining and talking about him.

I like JBL,his character is fresh and better than any character WWE has to offer. He reminds me of an old skool heel.His wrestling abilities is not a major problem.Two years ago,Hogan was WWE champ.JBL is more talented than Hogan,he prove it at Judgment Day and The Bash.

[Edited on 6-28-2004 by Smooth Gold]

Y2G
Showstopper

Posts 723
Registered 6-21-2004

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:26 PM Edit Post
Smooth Gold wrote "I like JBL,his character is fresh and better than any character WWE has to offer. He reminds me of an old skool heel.His wrestling abilities is not a major problem.Two years ago,Hogan was WWE champ.JBL is more talented than Hogan,he prove it at Judgment Day and The Bash. "

Now you see? I don't believe you'd find anyone here with too many good words to say about Hogan. However, How dare you compare between a wrestler who's considered to be a living legend (Hogan, that is) who can cut promos in his sleep and pop crowds simply by being there and an ex-red neck who was a pale shade of Austin and now is a pale shade of Debiase? They are not in the same ballpark, they're not in the same league, they are not in the same SPORT...

That's coming from an Anti Hogan guy...

and how exactly did JBL prove it on JD and GAB? By being pulled by Eddie to a decent match? Just imagine Eddie working with the likes of Benoit, HHH, HBK and you'll realize how lame of an excuse JBL is.

bemanisuperstar
rOOkie

Posts 34
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:26 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smooth Gold

It's funny how alot of people on the net,think alike.

The more we pay attention to JBL,the longer he would be push.

The only way to get rid of him is to ignore him.Stop watching Smackdown is not the complete answer,you also have to stop complaining and talking about him.

I like JBL,his character is fresh and better than any character WWE has to offer. He reminds me of an old skool heel.His wrestling abilities is not a major problem.Two years ago,Hogan was WWE champ.JBL is more talented than Hogan,he prove it at Judgment Day and The Bash.

[Edited on 6-28-2004 by Smooth Gold]

I don't agree with the delivery but I do agree with the statement.

WWE doesn't care about smackdown anymore (and probably wouldn't care if fans shit in boxes and submitted them as
storyline)

But JBL is JR Ewing 2004 and a poor imitation at that. (and I do watch Dallas on Soapnet)

Ugh.

If he were on my roster I'd have fired him long ago......Or fed him to New Jack

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   bemanisuperstar 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:30 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKS
Let me say I am a Bradshaw fan.

His promo on SD two weeks ago was one of the finest promos i have ever heard. He is a great mid card heel with upside.

He would make a great opponant for Cena.

He is not main event.

I concur! JBL could be main event with a little more work. I wanted Cena/JBL here or at Summerslam after Eddie fed JBL his hat dipped in Picante sauce.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 6-28-2004 at 05:59 PM Edit Post
I'm so confused.

So, Vince pushing JBL is brilliant because it would piss off a bunch of people so much that they'll stop watching one of the WWE's shows?

I'm misunderstanding, right?

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

G-B
G-B Classic

Posts 2198
Registered 12-26-2002
Location The Buck, AZ

Mood: Old Schooley...

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:03 PM Edit Post
Honestly, Smackdown is at throw-it-on-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks level right now. I praise them for taking chances, even if we could book it better than they could.

You never know, something good may come out of this.

AKS
Banned

Posts 61
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:08 PM Edit Post
Eddie Guerrero, Two Time Champion, has a nice ring to it.
ConspiracyVictim
Showstopper

Posts 514
Registered 2-9-2004
Location Location Location

Mood: Friggin Morose

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:16 PM Edit Post
One sign of a good heel is that people tune in hoping to see him getting his ass pounded through the mat.

JBL is, in my opinion and likely others, the flip side of this equation. I, personally, won't be tuning in until he's back in a roster position in which he fits.

Personally, I liked the APA, bar-fights, poker, cigars and beers, etc. It provided some entertaining moments. I find him unwatchable right now...

But, everybody has a choice, and the Smackdown ratings will go one way or another. I might watch it again when it's the Smackdown of last-year's quality.

Anybody remember Los Guerreros, Eddie/Benoit, WGTT, etc - all these guys putting on matches that you could love the shit out of?

JBL just doesn't cut it for me... enjoy it, though, if you can...

Attention: If anybody knows how to remove DNA from a passenger seat, please send me a u2u ASAP.

Y2G
Showstopper

Posts 723
Registered 6-21-2004

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:18 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-B
You never know, something good may come out of this.

But why randomly throw garbage at us in the process? Why not have a little get together, all them brilliant brains in creative and PLAN some god damn plot? and more importantly, If you see that plan A is not working, Frikin' go to plan B!

Smooth Gold

Posts 17
Registered 6-9-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:19 PM Edit Post
You see,there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

If the internet guys booked the WWE,it would become so predictable.Wrestlers would change titles every month or two.Guys will go up and down the card everyweek.

Y2G
Showstopper

Posts 723
Registered 6-21-2004

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:20 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by ConspiracyVictim
Anybody remember Los Guerreros, Eddie/Benoit, WGTT, etc - all these guys putting on matches that you could love the shit out of?

JBL just doesn't cut it for me... enjoy it, though, if you can...

Oh, The happy days of pre-draft lottery

Why oh Whay did they have to go through all this crap?

ConspiracyVictim
Showstopper

Posts 514
Registered 2-9-2004
Location Location Location

Mood: Friggin Morose

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:23 PM Edit Post
SG - I disagree...

Most of the folks who post here regularily have their favourites. But they also have the gift of long-term thinking - read some of the ideas in the BIY board for examples.

When Y2J moved over, one reason he did so is because WCW told him he'd stay in the midcard. The then WWF, on the other hand, showed him a six-month character progression. They had the gift back then for thinking ahead, yet they SEEMED to be dynamic enough to make subtle changes to their plans, based on crowd reactions, etc.

Lately it just looks like they had a bunch of bookers sit in a dark room and come up with some nasty-ass ideas - and come hell or high water, they're sticking to them, like shit to a wall, in my opinion.

Attention: If anybody knows how to remove DNA from a passenger seat, please send me a u2u ASAP.

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:25 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-B
Honestly, Smackdown is at throw-it-on-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks level right now.
I disagree. They're throwing shit at a wall, watching it not stick, picking it back up, and throwing it again. Repeat ad nauseum.

/still pissed.

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3331
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 07:43 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smooth Gold

You might want to watch what you say to the established pOOsters there, rOOkie. Personally, I think Kyle took it easy on you. I have seen him be much worse on the newbies for much less.

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top