The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: WW..E?!
masterofpigeons
And I am AWESOME

Posts 130
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Montreal

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 5-4-2002 at 08:54 PM Edit Post
WW..E?!

World Wrestling... Entertainment? Is it true? I've been reading that the WWFE trademarked that name.. and JR referred to "WWE" twice in the latest Ross Report.. AH.. is there anymore info on this?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   masterofpigeons 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
gregtdj
And I am AWESOME

Posts 198
Registered 3-27-2002
Location Tennessee

Mood: Saucy.

posted on 5-4-2002 at 10:10 PM Edit Post
From the Ross Report..."I spoke to Rock this week and we discussed his future schedule and he will be working WWE events around his next movie schedule. The Rock made it clear he wanted to get back in the ring as he loves the opportunity to perform before a live, WWE crowd."

Looks like you picked up on something alright, but whether it's the direction they're headed, only time will tell.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

pinkertonmafia
ButtViper

Posts 4
Registered 4-30-2002

posted on 5-5-2002 at 03:46 PM Edit Post
yeah...

its all over the friggin website now! what pisses me off is the they are treating it as it ALWAYS been WWE!!!

"If only the late Gorilla Monsoon were here to see this. As the legendary WWE commentator would have said, fans were hanging from the rafters and history was made."

http://www.wwf.com/news/headlines/1134200TextAs the lengenday WWE commentator??!!

Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 5-5-2002 at 07:02 PM Edit Post
We can thank the World Wildlife Fund and their retard lawsuit for this - has anyone EVER gotten the two companies mixed up?

Pinker, they HAVE to replace all "WWF" references or they'll be fined (or something to that extent).... And, man that logo is going to take a WHILE to get used to.

masterofpigeons
And I am AWESOME

Posts 130
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Montreal

posted on 5-5-2002 at 07:34 PM Edit Post
Wow

lol.. WW..E..

I can't get used to that.. E..

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   masterofpigeons 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
BDP
And I am AWESOME

Posts 154
Registered 4-29-2002
Location WCW Special Forces

Mood: WHAT?

posted on 5-5-2002 at 08:12 PM Edit Post
Yeah, I hate it too...in fact, if you go to www.wwf.com it'll forward you over to www.wwe.com It's just sickening...they've removed the F from the end of the logo & now it's just a WW logo.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   BDP 's Yahoo
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7848
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 5-5-2002 at 08:38 PM Edit Post
Well...to me..this makes me puke..WWE sounds stupid...seriously, say it to yourself. How this is better then WCW is beyond me...

Think about it, the WWf had the right to just swap the name at Survivor Series, and didn't. THIS WAS A HUGE MISTAKE!!! We could have the WCW name, Raw could be Nitro, and we'd still have the kick ass belt.

People will eventually get use to WWE...but this is a huge blow to the Federation...er, DAMN IT!!! We can't even call it the Federation anymore can we??? Are they entertainment superstars now???

Ugh...this entire mess reeks of stupidness...

etee
Fella

Posts 316
Registered 1-5-2002
Location in front of my PC.

Mood: Radio-active.

posted on 5-5-2002 at 09:35 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
[snip]..WWE sounds stupid...seriously, say it to yourself. How this is better then WCW is beyond me...[snip]

Whoooo! WWE!

What?!?

Yep... sounds pretty stupid to me...

dw1
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 99
Registered 1-5-2002
Location nyc

posted on 5-5-2002 at 10:02 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Well...to me..this makes me puke..WWE sounds stupid...seriously, say it to yourself.

I couldnt agree more.Names like WCW.NWA.ECW even XPW sound like wrestling/sports entertainment products. WWE sounds like a playschool center. I think they could have thought of something much stronger than this..

Operation Retard
Beats me, I'm gay!

Posts 3301
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 5-6-2002 at 01:15 AM Edit Post
yeah, doing a storyline that changes the company to WCW would be the way to go i think. or even go one step further and make raw "nWo RAW" and smackdown "WCW Smackdown!" (or nitro, or whatever) to really help give the impression of 2 seperate feds.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Retard 's Aim
BDP
And I am AWESOME

Posts 154
Registered 4-29-2002

posted on 5-6-2002 at 04:03 AM Edit Post
nWo Raw? WCW Smackdown? Ok, I can understand your thinking....I feel your pain, but seriously....how would the nWo take over Raw? Hall, Xpac, Big Show & an injured Nash....who the hell is gonna believe that THESE GUYS could possibly take over Raw? And who is on Smackdown who has ties to the old WCW who actually would be able to pull it off?

Like I said, I can understand your thinking...but you have to think seriously about who you're talking about here. The pieces just aren't in place to make these switches.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   BDP 's Yahoo
Operation Retard
Beats me, I'm gay!

Posts 3301
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 5-6-2002 at 05:36 AM Edit Post
ok, how about this. wcw raw and nwo smackdown. i wont get into details about this bit of fantasy booking, just brief plot. breaks down like this...

on raw, something (like i said, i'm not getting into details, so for now we'll just say "something") get flair pissed off at the wwf and finally in the end comes out and says something along the lines of "i'm in charge of raw. i can do what i want with it. the WWF is a disgrace to wrestling. now WCW was a true wrestling organization, and from now on it will live again. welcome to WCW RAW"

now, the nWo bring on their "we do what we want" attitude and head over to smackdown. the realiegn themselves vince, who makes himself a full fledged member of the nWo. he finally goes back to the idea that the nWo were brought in to destroy the WWF and in the end, lead by vince, smackdown becomes an nWo organization.

there, hows that for something that makes a little more sense. though honestly, rather than any of this happening, or them becoming WWE, i woulda prefered they just go back to their original name of WWWF. i think it just woulda worked out better.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Retard 's Aim
Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

Mood: Meh

posted on 5-6-2002 at 05:10 PM Edit Post
I can't believe how non-chalant they are being about this so far. Re-branding a billion dollar company is a MAJOR big deal, and they're acting like nothing has changed. maybe tonight on raw i suppose.
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 5-6-2002 at 07:10 PM Edit Post
Perhaps they are just "testing the water" so to speak. Though I must say that WWFE is much better than WWE. That's just me talking.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Raw Dawg
rOOkie

Posts 37
Registered 1-8-2002
Location York Beach

Mood: confuzzled

posted on 5-6-2002 at 08:32 PM Edit Post
I agree with masterofpigeons. WWFE sounds so much better than WWE. Saying "THE World Wrestling Entertainment" just sounds like improper grammer. Maybe they should switch the logo to something with a panda bear just to piss off the World Wildlife Fund! LOL

--Refusing to grow up is what I do best!
--Can you hear me now?
--Good.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Raw+Dawg 's Aim
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 5-6-2002 at 09:22 PM Edit Post
It is Official. the fed just released a statement saying they have changed their name to WWE. Check it out...

www.wwe.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Ryan O Reily
Banned

Posts 613
Registered 1-11-2004

Mood:

posted on 5-6-2002 at 09:35 PM Edit Post
According to WWE.com it sounds like Linda McMahon is just covering her ass, It mentions The World Wildlife Fund and the shit that went on with them. Personally I can't undestand why a non-profit organization like the World Wildlife Fund would cry and over the fucking logo and name of WWE. But it thats the only way they know to get attention then I think their Fund's principles and values are all fucked up.

For 18 years now I been callingh WWE WWF and no one ever mistook it for the Wildlife fund.

Look in the next few months for www.wwf.com to be the offical home page of the World Wildlife Fund

I can't even say WWE.

BDP
And I am AWESOME

Posts 154
Registered 4-29-2002

posted on 5-6-2002 at 09:59 PM Edit Post
I can't wait to see the new opening of Raw tonite....

One world leader... Attitude

Or how about for you fans from the 90s...
The World Wrestling Entertainment....for over 50 years, the revolutionary force...in sports entertainment.

Just something to ponder. Oh, and while we're at it....umm, they changed ALL the logos on ALL their pages, including ALL the PPV pages too....so apparently what we were watching back on March 23 wasn't WWF WrestleMania X8, it was WWE WrestleMania X8, same goes for Vengeance, No Mercy, Backlash, King Of The Ring, SummerSlam & all the rest. Even WrestleManiaHistory.com has the damn new logo....fortunately, they haven't yet gone & changed the logos in each of the past WrestleManias. The only thing they've done is removed the logo completely from the X8 logo on the page.

Ryan O Reily
Banned

Posts 613
Registered 1-11-2004

Mood:

posted on 5-6-2002 at 10:03 PM Edit Post
Actually it's gonna be the same just without those dashes they use to make the F. Im waiting to count How many times they still Say "WWF" on TV though

Red Dwarf
rOOkie

Posts 38
Registered 1-9-2002

posted on 5-7-2002 at 01:50 AM Edit Post
I found that going from hearing the WWWF to the WWF was wierd, and I'm back to that wierd feeling again with the switch to the WWE. I thin that the biggest losers in this whole thing will be the World Wildlife Fund. I think that what they were hoping for was for Titan to offer them a large amount of money to avoid a court case and to keep the name, but it back-fired on them. Hmmmmm, I wonder if they also got the rights to UWF when they bought WCW? Send a couple of the guys up into space for the Championship match.....
master yoda
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 1-16-2002

posted on 5-7-2002 at 10:27 AM Edit Post
DAMN TREE HUGGING HIPPIES!!!
shithousepoet
Banned

Posts 216
Registered 5-28-2003

Mood: Being Good

posted on 5-7-2002 at 01:34 PM Edit Post
Its True, Its True, Damn Tree Huggers that want to drive the price of gasoline by asking for restrictions for cleaner gas.

Is Goning to be a good Boy Now.

master yoda
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 1-16-2002

posted on 5-7-2002 at 07:36 PM Edit Post
I say we all start eating Pandas for breakfast! Who's With me?
DennisIsEvil
Showstopper

Posts 631
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 5-8-2002 at 03:17 AM Edit Post
MMMM,MMMM Dem's eats. Tree frogs for dessert.

New Topic New Poll

go to top