The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Top 10 Promos of all time.
Parvini
Banned

Posts 145
Registered 4-24-2004
Location UK

Mood: Chilled

posted on 6-16-2004 at 03:02 AM Edit Post
Top 10 Promos of all time.

A really tough task this one for two reasons:

1. Obviously I don't know/ can't remember all the promos that have ever been cut.

2. My personal preference will come into play - so expect lots of arrogant heels and not much Hogan!

For this reason I encourage you to come up with your own top tens in response - not only because I want to know your opinion but because it will jog my memory because I know there are some big ones I've missed (Jericho circa 2001 comes to mind). Ok here goes, from ten down to one....

10. Sensational Sherri on the Brother Love Show (vs. Saphirre, Royal Rumble 90) - an unusual choice I know but Brother Love and Sherri systematically destroy Saphirre and I LOVE IT, ha ha ha. I also loved it when Jesse would dispute the weight that Saphirre was announced at.

9. Jesse Ventura w/ Randy Savage (after the final match at 2nd Survivor Series) - this is very funny and Ventura at his most heelish. The glee in Venutra's face as he tries to sniff out some tension between the Mega Powers is awesome. You can see him sort of mouthing the Savage's words to himself as he can barely contain his delight at the intrigue.

8. Ric Flair w/ Tony Schavonie, "There are champions and there are challengers" (Easter Egg on "The Ultimate Ric Flair") - Flair has so many from this era but this is the pick for me, he doesn't overdo the Woos and he comes across like a man who really knows his own worth. Gold.

7. Steve Austin, "What" (Raw sometime in 2000/1) - I'm talking about the first ever time he did it, before the crowd took it on. I believe it was when he was a heel trying to out compete Kurt Angle for Vince's affections (one of THE best angles in my view), you'll have to remind me what jobber he was dissecting but I really thought Austin was the bomb that night.

6. Jake Roberts w/ Mene Gene (prior to Dibiase match, Wrestlemania VI) - this is vintage Jake and it's the promo they feature on Beyond the Mat. It might just be the creepiest promo ever.

5. Mick Foley (promo video prior to Randy Orton Hardcore match at No Way Out 2004) - speaking of creepy. This is the best of Mick's in my opinion, the pacing is superb, the intensity incomparable.

4. Ric Flair w/ Bobby Heenan and Paul Bearer (Funeral Palour on "The Ultimate Ric Flair") - this is intense and so real. I love the delivery of "Listen up thunderlips: When you were in Hollywood making movies, I was winning titles". The stuff of legend.

3. Steve Austin, 3:16 (a Raw, can be seen on the "Austin vs. McMahon" tape) - well what needs to be said.

2. Ric Flair w/ Mr. Perfect, Bobby Heenan and Mene Gene, "One time means nothing to my career" (post-match vs. Savage, Wrestlemania VIII) - this is probably the best Flair interview ever and technically much better than what I've chosen as number one here.

1. Hulk Hogan w/ Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Mene Gene, heel turn (Bash at the Beach '96) - oh I hate to see Hogan on this list but in terms of impact, the "holy shit!" factor and performance it can't be beaten.

So there we have it: no place for The Rock, Kurt Angle, Arn Anderson, Chris Jericho, Ted Dibiase or HHH who've all delivered great promos in their time. But looking at what has etched itself in my memory these stand out a mile. Flair, understandably I think, is in there 3 times, Austin twice. Does that make those two the best ever on the mic? Well I guess it does...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n" - John Milton

ConcreteTG
The Great One

Posts 3613
Registered 10-6-2002
Location sitting on a guardrail

Mood: Heroic

posted on 6-16-2004 at 03:00 PM Edit Post
This is my top ten, in reasonable order....
please note that many of my choices came from crappy angles, but that doesn't mean I liked the angle....read on....

10. Arn Anderson, "Wedding advice". When David Flair was planning to wed Stacy Keibler back in WCW, Arn spoke to the young man about the possibilities. Hilarious bachelor advice given the best until I heard "Quit - give up & go fishin" on "Red Green".

9. Jeff Jarrett, "The shopping bag". Same angle, funny story. Stacy was preggers and Jeff claimed to be the father, spinning a wondrous tale of her romping in the sack with him after the GAB. He lowered the boom with "That shopping bag is fulla crap - just like this story". Hey, he got me, too.

8. HHH, "We are Through", Raw 2/02: again, crap angle, but his utter ripping of Steph and his simple aside "I admit it, I'm an asshole" cements his heeldom despite his being a face at the time.

7. Kurt Angle, "Men and Boys": Kurt Angle wanted to tell off Rey Mysterio before their match on SD in the summer of 02. The threats came out rather.... ambiguous

6. Rock, "5 impersonations": one of my personal faves of the Rock, I "heard" it before I "saw" it, which the visuals to it made it even funnier.

5. Mick Foley and Cactus Jack, "Barby": Watching Foley slowly descend into Cactus was a wild ride. "Kicking your ass is a cliche"

4. Hurricane and the Rock, "Brendon Frasier beat the Scorpion King": how rare is it that someone gets the better of the Rock? Too bad it didn't do Hero any favors

3. Y2J, "The Y2J problem is here". THIS is how a wrestler should debut, making a statement before a main eventer. Too bad WWE has been burned a few times by doing this.

2. Paul Heyman, "Savor the moment": The "holy Shit" of all "Holy Shit" moments! Paul E finally got to say what he wanted to say on a show that is still one of my all-time favorite Raw shows - the night the Alliance was formed, where ECW and WCW were willing to put their heads together and slay the giant that took them down just over a year ago. It's sad that the Invasion storyline was botched up so badly.

1. Mick Foley, "1, 2, 3". The only reason I put this promo over "Uncle Paul" is for the "Holy shit" that hit me AFTER the promo was over. His point - no matter how beat up he'd get as a referee, he will still count a winner or loser. For some reason, it didn't sink in completely for me til commercial, and that gave me huge chills.

That's my OOpinion and I'm stickin to it

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   ConcreteTG 's Aim
Antelope
Fella

Posts 474
Registered 3-30-2003

Mood: Dynamic Prophet

posted on 6-16-2004 at 03:28 PM Edit Post
Concrete I too love that Heyman promo, but I think one that may be even better is the amazing promo he gives just prior to Survivor Series 2001 and the death of the Alliance. It's on SD and Heyman just comes out and rips into Vince for stealing hsi ideas and "making wrestling a dirty word". Only bummer is that the ending is very sad as Tazz chokes Heyman out - totally crappy and way off base as Heyman spoke the truth.

Still, absolute must-see stuff, and one of Heyman's finest moments.

ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3331
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-17-2004 at 01:21 AM Edit Post
I don't really have a Top 10, but I think the Arn Anderson retirement was fucking awesome. The whole thing was a shoot, and it showed so much emotion between Flair and Anderson. You could just tell that their friendship was genuine. Flair even broke down crying during Arn's speech.

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4427
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 6-17-2004 at 03:57 AM Edit Post
[Misposted. I've moved myself to the proper thread.]

[Edited on 6-17-2004 by OORick]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 6-17-2004 at 01:35 PM Edit Post
Most of my faves have already been posted here, but what the hell....

(In reverse order)

10. Hulk Hogan's locker room victory speech in January 1984, after winning his first world title. It was unpolished as hell, but Hogan REALLY put over what the belt meant to him. He sounded so excited, it's a shame that more champions (okay, maybe Eddie Guerrero) can't show similar enthusiasm when the finally win the big one.
9. Ric Flair's return to WCW, the reformation of the Four Horsemen for one final run, and his "crazy man" confrontation with Eric Bischoff.
8. Austin 3:16, for obvious reasons.
7. I don't know why, but the Ken Patera and Bobby Heenan debate from 1987 (I still have on tape somewhere) still gives me goosebumps. Patera was trying to be calm, as he had just been released from prison, but Heenan kept egging him on until Patera tried to snap Heenan's neck with a belt. Classic segment.
6. Mick Foley's anti-hardcore promos in ECW (any one of them will do). See the ECW "Best of Cactus Jack" DVD for what I think is the entire collection.
5. Vince McMahon's (final) promo the night he announced the WCW purchase. It was just such a surreal event, that McMahon deserves full credit for playing the whole thing up in his own unique character.
4. The February 9th Raw of this year (Thanks to our BOTB feature for having that info handy), when HHH had a face-to-face with Benoit and after an intense monologue, he banged the table and said "WAKE UP, CHRIS! THIS IS MY REALITY!".
3. The debut of Y2J on Raw, and his confrontation with The Rock in that very same segment. If for nothing else than the debut of "IT DOESN'T MATTER what your name is!"
2. The aforementioned Paul Heyman promo on the SmackDown before Survivor Series 2001, knocking Vince McMahon and everything he stands for. While its true I'm a Heyman mark, I truly believe the whole InVasion angle could have turned out differently had he been the sole mouthpiece for "The Alliance" from the get-go, and not just one of many voices.
1. Hulk Hogan's Bash at the Beach promo, 1996. It really was as good as it gets, and still holds up some eight years later. It was so NOT Hulk to be telling the fans to "go stick it", that it was an instant classic.

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 6-17-2004 at 04:27 PM Edit Post
Not my top 10, nor in any particular order, but a few that I remember:

a) Mr. Perfect's pre-match interview at SumerSlam 91’ – Though it was brief, it was Perfect’s last interview as a champion in the WWF, and I happened to enjoy his interviews mostly, this one also, where he mocks Bret Hart that he’s too ‘perfect’ to be beaten for the IC title.

b) Hogan’s pre-match promo at WM5. This interview recapped the year long feud between the Mega Powers, and I for one believe Hogan gave this promo to near perfection. This saw the rebirth of the Hogan era, as Savage was later put down into midcard level, while Hogan enjoyed a good year as being champion again. An interview that summed up the feud in brilliant Hogan fashion.

c) Hogan’s BATB 96’ interview forming the NWO – Though it’s been mentioned more than once in this thread, I’ll give my two cents on it. To me, as important an interview as the post-match title win for Hogan in 84’. It signified the beginning of an era, and it was up to Hogan to lead it. I was shocked when I first saw this angle, as it was like hell freezing over, as Hogan turns heel, and the NWO forms all in the same night. A historic interview, with some serious shoot material as the basis of most of it, and you had a memorable promo.

d) Undertaker pre-match promo against Jake Roberts, WM8 – I always thought the Undertaker character was played right by Calloway from the beginning, but if he were to creep down even further into character mode with his interviews, it made his character even more unique. Though I don’t remember this interview to its fullest, it was a short promo signifying the end for Jake Roberts and began Undertaker’s initial face run in the WWF. If anything, the only Undertaker promo that I remember being anything memorable.

Though these promos are at random, the truth is I don’t remember very many promos, significant ones anyway, and that’s why I came up with what I only remember, memorable or not. I’m sure the post Flair match promo at WM8 was as good as if I remembered it, but I’d have to watch it again. His pose at the beginning of the interview where he's all bloodied, yet calm in starting his post match speech signified him as an ultimate heel, and absolutely signified his heel character at its best.

There could have been many different choices here, but I wrote down only what I could remember, and what I could come up with at the moment.

[Edited on 6-17-2004 by microplay_24]

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 6-17-2004 at 05:45 PM Edit Post
It's kind of hard to do this, but I'll try to mention some things that haven't been said. I'll put down ten wrestlers off my head(mentioned above) and a memorable interview.

Hulk Hogan
The ones chosen already are obviously great picks. I will add another and that is the night Hogan lost the title to Andre the Giant. It's been stated in another thread that the title change was the biggest and most controversial until the Montreal Screwjob and it's true. Hogan crying because he lost his title? That is putting over a championship people. "How much for the plastic surgery man? They looked Identical. IDENTICAL". You know it did its job when I can remember it off my head like it happened on raw this week without going into video searching.

Randy Savage
ANY of those video recap promos going over the Mega-Powers leading up to WM 5. The intensity and video "proof" in those promos were off the chains. Again, remember this off my head...."Hulkamania is a disease, sick of envy, sick of jealousy, sick of lust, and at WM 5 you talk about you always having a pool of sweat from doing all the work in the Mega-Powers, but at Trump Plaza there will be another pool...a pool of tears cuz Hulkamania's finally gonna die" and he flicks his sunglasses at the camera. Again, memorable til this day on my mind.

Ric Flair
Til this day I love that post Rumble victory speech that goes something like this..."To be on top of the mountain of the wwf means your are #1 and I am #1(yadda yadda) with the finish of "I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT" WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Roddy Piper
This is a forgotten gem, but it was the match he had with Adonis on SNME. His pre-match promo went along the lines of...."You prostituted my sport, you make a mockery out of it and for that I got to beat you down. For that I will have no mercy. Adonis you make me sick".

There are two more promos from WCW. The night he returned at Halloween Havoc where he called out Hogan and the reason he was so loved was because the fans hated him so bad. The other classic was the night he "outed" Eric Bischoff by stating which road led to his house and if it was a crooked one.

Steve Austin
An Austin promo where told Bret Hart he pissed on the grave of the Hitmen and Bret responded he was going to to go to hell. Austin responded with "If I'm going to hell, I'm bringing you down with me".

Vince Mcmahon
Bret screwed Bret says it all. The post screwjob interview with Jim Ross.

Mankind
Again, that whole series of promos with JR in the summer of 1997.

Bret Hart
The night he cussed up a storm after losing the steel cage match. The post Mania 13 promo where he tells America to kiss his Canadian ass.

Andre the Giant/Dibase
The night he won the title he had a pre-match taped segment where Dibase said he had a million reasons why Andre should be champion. The interview in hindsight gave away the finish, but at the time wa gold.

ModSquad004
Cop Dawg

Posts 2324
Registered 5-10-2003
Location on the ATV

Mood: no mood 4 poop

posted on 6-17-2004 at 05:57 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoter2003
Andre the Giant/Dibase
The night he won the title he had a pre-match taped segment where Dibase said he had a million reasons why Andre should be champion. The interview in hindsight gave away the finish, but at the time wa gold.

No, no, no. I would prefer to call it a clever bit of foreshadowing, rather then just giving the finish away.

WOOF!

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

posted on 6-17-2004 at 07:57 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by ModSquad004
quote:
Originally posted by promoter2003
Andre the Giant/Dibase

No, no, no. I would prefer to call it a clever bit of foreshadowing, rather then just giving the finish away.

True, I stand corrected especially as Hogan was unbeatable in those days.

Parvini
Banned

Posts 145
Registered 4-24-2004
Location UK

posted on 6-17-2004 at 10:01 PM Edit Post
Concrete TG - The Heyman before Survivor Series 2001 was a big miss by me and is clearly a shoo in. I wanted to put Rock's "5 impersonations" in but I couldn't remember where it was from and who it was to. On the whole I like your choices but I've always thought that Jarret sucks ass.

The Punisher - Arn Anderson was awesome on the mic and had some great promos around the time of the Dangerous Alliance, and a bit after in his singles run (sadly I can't remember them too well).

Canadian Bulldog - Y2J's debut was something and I wanted to put it on but just go back and look at Jesse Ventura's face in that locker room segement with Randy Savage (after 2nd Survivor Series), I've got serious love for that moment and what's more what great writing to start easing in a bit of tension four months before the blow off. I was also trying to sneak Vince onto the list but none stood out - I'd probably go with the divorce speech to Linda over the WCW take over night but it's a strong pick none-the-less.

Microplay - I too think the pre-match Hogan promo at WM 5 was great, probably his best as a face (although I haven't seen the 84 one). Due to my heel-loving nature it didn't make my final 10 however. I love all the talk of the rafters falling in... which got multiplied by ten once he started feuding with the insane Ultimate Warrior.

Promoter - I like your picks on the whole. I don't like Flair's post-rumble promo for three reasons: 1. He's just spent the past few months claiming he's the "Real World Champion" and now that doesn't seem to count anymore. 2. Mr. Perfect's "Woo" is just plain awful, bless Hennig he just couldn't "Woo" to save his life. 3. I believe I'm right in thinking that there is odd instance of Mene Gene telling someone to put a cigerette out which kind of spoils the illusion a bit.

For the record my favourite Dibiase promo is just a two second clip on the 4th (?? check that) Survivor Series when he says "I'm thankful because I'm rich and you're not" and then he laughs... he got over the character in eight words! Genius.

Speaking of the Genius, he must have had some of the WORST promos ever, especially when he managed the Beverly Brothers!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n" - John Milton

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

posted on 6-17-2004 at 10:23 PM Edit Post
Parvini, I see your point on the Flair promo, but look at it from a historical perspective. I kind of buy that Flair is giving some real emotion. I guess there is a bias since on the sunday of the ppv, Flair was interviewed by one of our sports writers and he claimed that for all the success he had the big question was always if he could become the champ of the big bubble known as the wwf. Lo and behold hours later he gave that speech after capturing the title. I agreee Bobby Heenan's cigarette thing hindered the interview in terms of a press conference illusion.

Damn, how could I forget Rock's impersonations? That was a classic, but I suppose it didn't really serve any purpose towards a match which I always feel Rock is horrible at for the most part. As for the Genius isn't he sort of the old school Cena with his flowmo?

Jodrell
Samoa who???

Posts 407
Registered 7-29-2002
Location Cambridge, UK

Mood: Booyakasha!!

posted on 6-17-2004 at 11:22 PM Edit Post
For totally different reasns than the other awsome promos mentioned in this thread I still can tofget the segment with Booket T, Goldust and (someone I forget sorry) when they're talking about the whole Kiate Vick debarcle and Booket T says something about 'who he hell screws dead people anyway' . . . . in the background and very sheepishly you see Goldust raise his hand and say 'It was a long ime ago. I was young and impressionable!!!!' The facial expressions from all concerned were just genius . . . (and it was about the only goof thing to come out of the whole Katie Vick thing as well)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Jodrell 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
TarheelMike
The Immortal One

Posts 4845
Registered 3-6-2003
Location DFW

Mood: Medium Rare

posted on 6-19-2004 at 06:34 PM Edit Post
I'll toss my two cents in...in no particular order mind you.

Flair's return to WCW on September 14, 1998. That's probably #1 on my list. Just awesome. Arn's retirement, as well. Both are classics.

The Heyman promo from SmackDown before Survivor Series. Probably the best promo ever to blatantly blur the line between work and shoot.

Jericho's debut. August 9, 1999. I just happened to pop that tape in last night and hearing the crowd explode when the word "Jericho" popped up on the TitanTron gives me chills to this day.

Hulk's monologue after officially forming the NWO on July 7, 1996 at Bash at the Beach.

The Rock's pre-match promo at WM2000. "Twelve months ago..." If you liked it, you'll remember it.

"The following announcement has been paid for by the New World Order." The first few of these, with only Hall and Nash were awesome. Just blatant propoganda that worked perfectly for the angle.

Heyman's promo when ECW reunited in Atlanta on July 9, 2001. When he called JR a fat pig.

Paul E. Dangerously introducing the Halloween Phantom as Rick Rude at Halloween Havoc 1991.

Just about any Steve Austin promo from June 1996 to March of 1997.

And definitely the Bret Hart promo after WM13 where he denounced the U.S. and the next week when he reformed the Hart Foundation.

“Pinson, with five. Looks up, drivin’ in. Maye, for the win... NORTH CAROLINA!! With point three seconds to go! An incredible shot!” - Jim Nantz, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky.

“FBIGORJAHSJDHFJGOGPDJSHCH!!!!!” - Mikey, calling Carolina’s South Regional Final victory over Kentucky

olfuzzybastard
Waaaallllllllllllt!!!!!

Posts 708
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Pittsburgh, PA

Mood: Suave

posted on 6-22-2004 at 12:07 AM Edit Post
More Foley promo goodness:

*"Goodbye Cactus" - Two weeks after Wrestlemania XIV, Cactus Jack brings a chair into the ring, sits down and pours his heart out to the ungrateful fans who chanted for Austin while DX laid him and Terry Funk out in a steel cage the week before. Absolutely chilling, with a slow burn that goes from hurt to a profanity-laced tirade.

*"Corporate Dude Love" - A few weeks later, Mick Foley as Dude Love in a suit with neatly-combed hair and even false teeth alongside Vince McMahon explaining why he would be the ideal corporate WWF Champion. ("And I dance quite well for a big man")

*"Rock N Sock Implosion" - Holy fuck, did I mark out for this. This was right after Mick Foley's first book was released - the show where he was signing copies and passing them out to the entire roster for most of the show. He gave one to The Rock, which Al Snow later found in the trash. (We find out about a month later that *Snow* threw the book away because he was jealous of Mick's new friend, but we didn't know this at the time.)

Foley goes to confront Rock about the book, and really sells the hurt. Rocky starts up with that "The Rock says this, The Rock says that" bullshit and Mick just snaps, *cuts him off* (which no one ever did) and really tears into him. It's not about the Rock'n'Sock Connection, it's about the fact that I give, I give, I give, and you keep on taking. And so I say to you, DUANE - I say you piss on everything I believe in, I say PISS on you, you self-centered, egotistical, self-righteous son of a bitch!"

I was *so* sick of face Rock at this point, so unable to cheer for anyone who played such an egomaniacal asshole that when someone finally stood up to him - let alone my favorite wrestler who had been pissed on week after week by the character and that I was *sure* was going to turn heel just because he didn't like being treated like dirt - well, it was the moment of the year for me.

Parvini
Banned

Posts 145
Registered 4-24-2004
Location UK

posted on 6-24-2004 at 10:50 PM Edit Post
Not really one of the best promos of all time as such but OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Rowdy Roddy Piper at Summerslam '89 is so manic that he HAD to be coked up to his eyeballs.

His pupils are tiny, he's constantly sniffing and talking about *sniff* "getting rude" and Gene Okerland doesn't really know what to do. Oh you can just tell, please somebody confirm this for me.

Attitude Adjuster
Making Mods Submit Since March, 2007

Posts 2343
Registered 8-13-2003
Location Parts Unknown

Mood: y Jack Melendez

posted on 6-24-2004 at 11:53 PM Edit Post
This isn't one particular promo, but Steve Austin and Brian Pillman as the Hollywood Blondes gave some great promos for about three or four months in (I think) 1993. They had so much fun with them, egotistical yet funloving at the same time.

Sting is the dumbest man in wrestling. That's a well established fact. I'd personally find it offensive and out of character if Sting didn't volunteer to do the stupid thing.
--Lucky Lopez

benoitbrokemyneck
John Edwards is a faggot.

Posts 4109
Registered 3-17-2002
Location Inside The Internets

Mood: not dead yet

posted on 6-25-2004 at 05:18 AM Edit Post
Roddy Piper
This is a forgotten gem, but it was the match he had with Adonis on SNME. His pre-match promo went along the lines of...."You prostituted my sport, you make a mockery out of it and for that I got to beat you down. For that I will have no mercy. Adonis you make me sick".

Anyone have this on tape?! Anyone have a best of Piper tape or comp? I never saw much of him, but I can just see him screaming while delivering this promo, and now I must find it

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

posted on 6-25-2004 at 02:35 PM Edit Post
I got it on tape and that's why I remembered it. An even better one is the one where Piper returned from hollywood on the Flower Shop to tear it down with a baseball bat. "The war has just begun".
AKS
Banned

Posts 61
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 03:19 PM Edit Post
How about when Rock won his first WWE title. One of the best angles ever because it was when WWE had balls and continuity mattered.

Recap: Rocky, so entertaining and cutting edge was turned babyface by the fans.

Vince, dieing to find a corporate champion (rumoured to be Ric Flair) to unseat Austin.

Shane O'mac, working against his father to ensure Austin regained the gold.

Mick, the nutcase, trying desperately to impress Vince and be the corporate champ he wanted.

Survivor Series tourney. Shane shows his true colours with an incredible swerve on Austin, eliminating him.

Mick, the heel vs Rocky the MASSIVE babyface. Rock looks at Vince, raises the people's eyebrow and slaps on the sharpshooter. "Ring the bell!" Vince yells and he has his corporate champion.

But why? And here is the promo:

"You want to know why? 'Die Rocky Die' 'Rocky Sucks?' The Rock never forgives and he never forgets!"

And he stuck it to the fans who heeled on him years earlier. Classic!!!

bemanisuperstar
rOOkie

Posts 34
Registered 6-28-2004

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:44 PM Edit Post
DX Nation promo when they all dressed up and made fun of the Nation.

Back when HHH and the Rock had Good matches.

Those were the days

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   bemanisuperstar 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger

New Topic New Poll

go to top