The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Movie Star Battle 1
Ankle Lock
rOOkie

Posts 48
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Brisbane, Australia

Mood: Yeah not bad

posted on 1-7-2002 at 09:45 AM Edit Post
Movie Star Battle 1

Really Pathetic poll this one but i was just interested on who you guys reckon would win in a fight between these 2. I reckon Van Damme but my mates believe Segal would Destroy him.

Your thoughts?

RhynoesRUs
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 79
Registered 1-7-2002
Location Berkeley, Ca.

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-7-2002 at 10:31 AM Edit Post
I had this same thing come up at work. You realize of course that Van Damme doesn't know any form of martial arts don't you? Segal has openly remarked about this very thing before and said how Van damme is a nothing.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   RhynoesRUs 's Aim
Cuthbert
Banned

Posts 246
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-7-2002 at 07:52 PM Edit Post
My vote was for Jean Claude. But that is partially because I hate how Segal turned his career into being so pro-enviroment. "Lets fight toxic waste with bad acting and martial arts!"

I wouldn't mind if the fight ended up in a tie as both people died in the ring...

Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 1-8-2002 at 02:29 AM Edit Post
Yeah, Segal became an embarrassment after Under Seige. I don't care how good a martial artist you are, if you got 8 guys going after you in a bar, you are A) going to take a shot or two and B) get your hair messed up.

My vote is for JCVD

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
RhynoesRUs
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 79
Registered 1-7-2002
Location Berkeley, Ca.

posted on 1-28-2002 at 09:57 PM Edit Post
I just want to say that I disagree with your votes for Van Damme. First of all, sure Segal's movies all suck, but shame on him for having a message, eh? And it isn't like anything Van damme has done is any better. Secondly, while Segal may take a shot or two, maybe he wouldn't... he actually is highly skilled in his martial art. At any rate it's more believable again than anything Van Damme does.

"Blond eyebrows are ALWAYS a bad idea."

"Chickens don't have nuggets."

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   RhynoesRUs 's Aim
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

posted on 1-31-2002 at 06:06 AM Edit Post
Oh no, i don't doubt that Steven Segal is a bad mother fucker. but all i'm saying is that the way he portrays his fights is unrealistic. I've seen Martial Arts Experts in bar fights before. They take shots to the head and body just liek joe nobody who has never had a formal fighting class in his life.

And as for his messages? again I agree with you that there isn't anything wrong with having a message, but I'd find them a bit more palatable if they weren't wrapped around movies that sucked ass.

I voted for JCVD because I can at least laugh at his more comical style.

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
mallrat
And I am AWESOME

Posts 176
Registered 2-8-2002
Location Saskatchewan

Mood: Indifferent

posted on 2-8-2002 at 05:57 PM Edit Post
Segal is only dangerous to a buffet table, seriously though I think Segal would kick Van Dams ass.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NoneSoVile
Banned

Posts 219
Registered 1-18-2002
Location NYC

posted on 2-12-2002 at 02:02 PM Edit Post
Yeah Segal would just start breaking his bones.

beatenlikeagovernmentmule
Fella

Posts 294
Registered 1-7-2002
Location Worcester, MA

Mood: malcontent

posted on 2-12-2002 at 09:26 PM Edit Post
I heard a story about some guy kicking Seagal's ass in a bar or something a few years ago. Anyone else heard the same story?
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

posted on 2-13-2002 at 01:08 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by beatenlikeagovernmentmule
I heard a story about some guy kicking Seagal's ass in a bar or something a few years ago. Anyone else heard the same story?

I know that Chuck Zito (the Dude that hung around with Hulk Hogan for a couple weeks back when the nWo was 'stalking' David Flair) Beat the crap out of JCVD in a strip club when he said that Chuck "Had no heart"

As for Segal, I havn't heard of any bar confrontations with him. I dont' think he's really the type to go club hopping (being a practitioner of Budda and married)

Dan

beatenlikeagovernmentmule
Fella

Posts 294
Registered 1-7-2002
Location Worcester, MA

Mood: malcontent

posted on 2-13-2002 at 05:36 PM Edit Post
Maybe it was JCVD then... Now I remember hearing the story about Chuck Zito kicking his ass. But I swear I think I heard a similar story about Seagal from someone who was arguing with a friend of mine who was studying Aikido at the time.

New Topic New Poll

go to top