The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Backlash thoughts
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 4-20-2004 at 05:16 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by FusionFistCutter
quote:
And before you start in on the barbed wire, YES, IT HURTS TOO, FUCKTARDS.

Yeah, REAL barbed wire probably hurts like hell, however I don't think that plastic shit they used last night that had a few little sharp points in it for blading has that much of an impact on your survival.

And RJ, your thumbtack story made me weep, seriously. You are a single mother (I'll admit, one of the toughest species out there), but you are NOT a professional wrestler. Those tacks are nothing to these guys, and as Insider pointed out, they wouldn't be that painful in real life. It's purely a visual.

FFC, don't be a jackass.
Wait. What am I saying?

I wasn't suggesting that Foley and Orton ran home weeping.
My problem is this: When talking to non-wrestling fans, all I ever hear is how fucking fake it is, and how these guys are just pussies. That's bad enough; I don't need to hear actual fans disrespecting what the guys do by saying "aw, it prolly don't hurt that bad."
Fuck that.

And with Insider, we have this nice little thread about Backlash. Then here comes attention whore, telling us not to make a big deal of it, cause *cough cough* he's done it, by the way.

quote:
It doesn't tickle, but it isn't the be all and end all of bumps. Like I said, stiff chair shots to the head hurt far worse.

I never said it was the "be all and end all," fuckhead. I said it certainly did hurt, and shouldn't be waved off. And anyone who delivers a "stiff" chair shot to the head will very quickly have no opponents willing to wrestle them.
Gee, I bet C-4 hurts worse, too.

Dumbass.

And back to FFC: I am not an "insider." What I am, is a fan. And, from what I've seen, in the wrestlers' OWN words, like Mick's, for example, thumbtacks hurt, which is why they're rarely used.
As for the barbed wire, generally, they use real barbed wire. The trick is in the way it's used, not what it's made of. WCW, for example, used special wire with blunt tips, and apparently, from Mick's account, anyway, the "trick" wire is much worse.

And, as a redneck, I can add that nice, tightly wrapped, barbed wire is much less dangerous, hence the use of "barbie."
That came out weird, heh. I meant I've handled it building fences, not that I've been in barfights with barbed wire, lol.

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 4-20-2004 at 06:20 AM Edit Post
At the risk of bringing the apocolypse yet another step closer, I'm siding with RJ on this one.

First off, "the_insider" is, shall we say, a goofball who'll write just about anything, no matter how stupid, to try and "put himself Over". And people who try and "put themself Over" on a wrestling board are one step below people who eat paste.

Those are BIG-ASSED THUMBTACKS, and they're REAL big-assed thumbtacks. I doubt there's many people here that would willingly slam their palm on even one of them- kudos to Randy for taking a backdrop on to dozens of them.

Now, as for the barbed wire- well, I'm wasn't in the match, but I do know that Mick has stated several times that when he's taking the bump, he goes with the real thing. As I recall, they used a fake Barbwire Club for his cage match with HHH, and still ended up puncturing HHH's head in three places. Again, I wasn't there, but Mick wrote in his book that HHH stated that he wished they'd just gone with the 'real' club, since he ended up needing stitches anyway.

I dunno why some people feel the need to denigrate the accomplishments of guys like Mick and Randy in matches like this. From the look of Randy's face tonight, only one of those cuts were from blading. The rest are all legit punctures and ragged cuts.

I mean holy shit, did people expect them to use chainsaws on each other? Yes, the probably attempted to avoid death or permanent mutilation in their match- does that somehow take away from what they did? I'm pretty sure that the table Mick went through in his legendary HIAC match vs Taker was rigged- hey, guess that means 'the_insider' could have done it, probably without even losing any teeth.

Stand back! There's a HURRICANE coming through! Several, in fact!

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-20-2004 at 06:33 AM Edit Post
I simply pointed out the truth as opposed to what was incorrect. Sorry for that.

By no means should Orton's work be denigraded. But I'd hate for people to read accolades and think 'well, if all he did was bump on tacks, the he hasn't done anything' because the truth is, tacks are a very cool visual and sting like a bitch, but are not as insane as they look.

Orton worked his ass off and deserved credit for everything he did in that match. And believe me, when I worked hardcore matches, i *cough cough* got the accolades I deserved for the sick things I did.

And yes, barbed wire in wrestling is almost always real. and yes *cough cough* I have used it and *cough cough* the guys I work with have to. But then again, i'm just a fuck head.

Now go fuck yourselves.

lol

Promoter - sort of agree about Bret, but I still think they could easily write a convincing story for him, if he'll do it. Doesn't he realise we as fans all want it? We made him a star and a millionaire. All we want is one last run. I think he needs to do it.

This is not a public forum - it's a forum for ignorant fanboys who have no clue what the business is about and have no desire to know. Why don't you all start a backyard fed together - you have that mentality.

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 4-20-2004 at 06:40 AM Edit Post
To recap The Insider's last post-

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I'm a fuckhead blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Promoter- blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 4-20-2004 at 06:41 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Insider
I simply pointed out the truth as opposed to what was incorrect. Sorry for that.

God, I HATE when people do this shit.
DON'T BACK DOWN NOW; that's almost as bad as going back and editing to change an offensive post.

THIS is what you said:
quote:
for the record, thumb tacks don't really hurt, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Now don't try and tell me that wasn't denigrating Orton's efforts.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
jessie316
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 11
Registered 7-10-2003
Location between a rock and a hard place

Mood: bored

posted on 4-20-2004 at 06:49 AM Edit Post
You know, just because he has done it before doesn't mean everyone has to jump on him and treat him like crap. If that's what board vets do, let me never become one. I think it's nice to have someone who's actually in the sport around here.
Operation Pajama Pants
Showstopper

Posts 997
Registered 2-23-2004

Mood: Shmood

posted on 4-20-2004 at 07:00 AM Edit Post
obviously you dont know the insider very well.

Official Poster Of The OOForum's 100,000th Post.

borntorun: getting punched in the cock by a naked guy is pretty arousing.

Visit OOWF.com!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Pajama+Pants 's Aim
Alana
Legend Thriller

Posts 1081
Registered 1-23-2003
Location Soviet Georgia

Mood:

posted on 4-20-2004 at 07:05 AM Edit Post
A quick note on the thumbtacks, and whether or not they really hurt: anyone notice when the ref counted a near-fall and he hit his hand on just one of the tacks? You would have thought it was a rusty nail by the way he reacted.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Assaulted by The Man on two separate occasions!

Proud winner of the 2004 & 2005 BOOardie - Best Avatar. Beat that, bitches!

The Broad's Blog

AriestheRam
Showstopper

Posts 566
Registered 3-27-2003
Location Madison, WI

Mood: Cold

posted on 4-20-2004 at 07:17 AM Edit Post
I noticed that too Alana, and did you notice that ref had a bandage on his hand on RAW tonight?

Have you noticed that in every group of people there is a guy who just knows shit? He has no explanation for how he knows it or any reason to know it, he just knows shit. Be careful around that guy, he is thinking of ways to kill you.

For some odd reason I am on Twitter. You can follow me @BPF32781

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AriestheRam 's Aim   AriestheRam 's Yahoo
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 4-20-2004 at 06:20 PM Edit Post
jesse316: the difference in board "vets" is just that they (or "we" if I'm one) are more likely to snap at stupidity.

Now, just speaking for myself, one of my "sore spots" is seeing posters shit on wrestlers. Whether it's laughing at serious injuries, claiming to "hate" them because they have bad haircuts or some shite like that, or just saying "that doesn't really hurt," these are the things most likely to piss ME off, personally.

But everyone has their own pet peeves; just look at grammer nazi Jeb.

This board's a VERY friendly place, and we revel in stupidity, quite often. Stick around, and you'll get the idea.

Endo
Fella

Posts 454
Registered 4-30-2002
Location Virginia Beach

Mood: hypoxic

posted on 4-20-2004 at 07:24 PM Edit Post
My one thought during the match wasn't whether the barbed wire was real or how much the tacks hurt, but simply how gruesome it was. And a big part of that gruesomeness came from how the blood happened. Orton landed on the tacks on his bare back. There was nothing there to do anything to "break" the fall or the punctures. Unless they were using little flat disks isntead of tacks (didn't look like it, but I was watching the webcast), Orton has a lot of little pins poking into his skin. Which stuck around. And hurt like hell when they start getting wriggled around while they're in the skin, say during a throw off a stage onto a crate.

And for you science buffs, RJ's point is all based on pressure, pretty similar to a bed of nails. If you want more, here's an experiment. 1) Buy barb wire. 2) push down with palm on a single barb. 3) push down with palm on a wad o' barbs. 4) determine which went through the skin the easiest. It was a helluva match, and man this is a helluva rambling post.

"Why do you watch that? It's fake! IT'S FAKE!!" - My mother
"I know." - Me

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-20-2004 at 11:27 PM Edit Post
No, that was not denigrading Orton's performance. It was deinigrading those who think he is God for bumping on them.

Considering I put over the chair shots, then I was not denigrading him at all.

BTW, a puncture on the hand is a little different then a back bump. I'm sure the ref's hand was sore. The guy I worked got a tack in his hand when he Stroked me face first into the tacks and he complained more then I did. To each his own, I guess.

Orton deserves respect, dispite his ridiculous over-push.

This is not a public forum - it's a forum for ignorant fanboys who have no clue what the business is about and have no desire to know. Why don't you all start a backyard fed together - you have that mentality.

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 4-20-2004 at 11:31 PM Edit Post
Amen to that.

A week ago everyone was clowning on Orton non-stop, now the guy does a back drop onto some tacks and he's the fucking messiah around here. I give him NO props, and stand by my original assertation that he is indeed, still a pussy.

Until he gets a limb chopped off with an aforementioned chainsaw and THEN finishes the match. Only THEN will he get the hard to earn FFC Props.

!

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 4-20-2004 at 11:47 PM Edit Post
FFC, I've yet to hear anyone treating Orton like a god.
What I've seen has been a combination of "well I didn't expect that from Orton," and an "atta boy" sort of respect for a wrestler not a lot of people liked. I don't think anyone saw him fall on tacks and immediately changed their mind about him; if it were that easy, we could have just saved the match, and thrown tacks at him at a house show. Or after, as he runs for his car, screaming like a little girl.

Possibly would have been more fun, even.

Lay off the booze, FFC. It's making you daft.

Umm......"daft-er," perhaps.

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 4-21-2004 at 12:13 AM Edit Post
RJ, will you marry me? We'd have such lovely domestic disturbances, can't you hear the sirens now?

!

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-21-2004 at 12:16 AM Edit Post
I just had to add this thread has turned into high comedy. The back and forth Orton debate has me cracking up. I have one question for Insider. Did you ever post at Solie's Vintage Wrestling(sorry for naming other websites, but hey)? Your posts are reminding me of someone very similar from back in 97-98 when that site use to get heated.
phansett
And I am AWESOME

Posts 241
Registered 4-15-2003
Location Chicagoland

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-21-2004 at 12:17 AM Edit Post
You got stroked by a guy?

nice.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   phansett 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   phansett 's Yahoo
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 4-21-2004 at 12:23 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by FusionFistCutter
RJ, will you marry me? We'd have such lovely domestic disturbances, can't you hear the sirens now?

FFC, you, my dear, are the most delicate of flowers, tinged with the first soft blush of sociopathic rot.

But alas, I'm afraid I'd be too much man for you, sweetheart.

and phansett, that rocked.

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-21-2004 at 01:35 AM Edit Post
Never posted on that site. I only got into the business in summer 2001. Prior to that, i did not post anywhere.

This forum has it's share or morons, but it's much better then others I've seen. You should check out sites that are frequented by the boys. THOSE get nasty...lol

OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

posted on 4-21-2004 at 02:31 AM Edit Post
EDIT: In retrospect, my post may have been slightly excessive.

[Edited on 4-21-2004 by OO Kyle]

angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 4-21-2004 at 02:38 AM Edit Post
Okay, I'll bite. It's just getting so fucking irritating. What are these sites, Insider? And, what the hell... who are you? Is there any REAL reason you have to remain anonymous? I know you don't care if we respect you and I know that you're just trying to "enlighten" the unwashed heathen on this forum, but honestly, you aren't making many friends here. So why do you continue to bless us with your vast experience and knowledge? Really, I want to know.

Edit: What Kyle said... until he pussied out and deleted it.

[Edited on 4-21-2004 by angstboy]

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 4-21-2004 at 02:42 AM Edit Post
Kyle, there is NO WAY he will understand that. He's in pro wrestling... try keeping your words to 2 syllables or less.

OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

posted on 4-21-2004 at 02:45 AM Edit Post
Decided to remove it altogether, Bone. I suddenly realized that unless he was willing to look up all the big words, he'd probably think I was complimenting him.

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 4-21-2004 at 02:50 AM Edit Post
Yeah, but I'm sure he has a dictionary handy to use in all his SUPR KOOL HARD KORRE MATCHEZ!!! Nothing like a dictionary to the head... you know, it hurts WAY more than pussy thumbtacks. And if you don't believe me, ask the Insider... did you hear that he once took a STROKE, FACE-FIRST on some tacks!

He's hardcore! He's hardcore!

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 4-21-2004 at 03:38 AM Edit Post
Ya know, I was shaking with the need to spew venom after that last post -- he really WAS begging for it. I held back, thinking "nah; I've attacked him enough; let someone else have a swing at him."

Now that you guys have responded to the call of moronic splendor, here's a heavily edited version of the post not posted:

Originally not posted by RJ
quote:
#$%@!!!
Stab.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top