The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Are these forums Homophobic???
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7779
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 4-11-2002 at 08:48 PM Edit Post
Are these forums Homophobic???

This is something that really bothers me. It seems more often then not that these message boards are being used to spread garbage and disgracefull comments about people who are gay.

When you can call something or somebody gay or a fag or anything you want to use for a person sexually prefering their own gender it is wrong.

I wonder what people would say if AngryJohnny posted a thread and there was a reply that said "Fuck off you stupid "n----r!!!"??? If this is wrong, then why do we tolerate people using the terms fag or gay as an insult???

People shouldn't use the colour of a person's skin or sexual preference as an insult against another person. If you want to insult somebody, use that person's own damn stupidity and ignorance against them!!!

You can call me a gender bender or gay if you want, and seeing as I have several friends who are gay, that won't insult me as they are some great people. But I think if you disagree then you have some serious fucked up issues.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 4-11-2002 at 11:54 PM Edit Post
I second the motion.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
AngryJohnny
And I am AWESOME

Posts 193
Registered 3-4-2002
Location Hawaii

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-12-2002 at 11:12 AM Edit Post
A lot of wrestling fans are homophobic. And even if they are not the best insult they have is to call you a faggot. Not EVERY one of them or even half but a good number of them. You aren't going to change anyone's beliefs about things like this VIA message boards. Personally it's the homosapiens and not the homosexuals that annoy me.

Jkyle.com-the evolution starts here

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AngryJohnny 's Aim
brianfigliola
Banned

Posts 172
Registered 2-12-2002
Location Clinton County, Pennsylvania

posted on 4-12-2002 at 02:57 PM Edit Post
All faggots annoy me,
homosexuality sicking ad degrading and its evil, i hate them.

"Please email me pictures of feces and male sodomy."

NoNameRequired
Banned

Posts 190
Registered 2-5-2002

posted on 4-12-2002 at 03:37 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by brianfigliola
All faggots annoy me,
homosexuality sicking ad degrading and its evil, i hate them.

I think a far bigger problem in this world is stupidity. This idiot can't even form a complete sentence and he is worried about homos?

brianfigliola
Banned

Posts 172
Registered 2-12-2002
Location Clinton County, Pennsylvania

posted on 4-12-2002 at 06:55 PM Edit Post
Noname, you must have a lot of homos in the City cause yous defending them, in my town, we don't take kind of them.

"Please email me pictures of feces and male sodomy."

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3946
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 4-12-2002 at 07:01 PM Edit Post
I lived in that area for a few years, Brian (notice the capitalization) and I know what few things you do take kindly too, sisters, cousins, farm animals....
NoNameRequired
Banned

Posts 190
Registered 2-5-2002

posted on 4-12-2002 at 07:45 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by brianfigliola
Noname, you must have a lot of homos in the City cause yous defending them, in my town, we don't take kind of them.

Seriously, this has to be a joke. No one can be as stupid as you are making yourself out to be.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 4-12-2002 at 10:09 PM Edit Post
NoName,
You figured it out. Brian is trying to behave like a "heel." At some point in the past (I'm guessing about two weeks ago), he and Casey got together and decided they were going to try and start flame wars with people and stuff here on the OO boards. I guess they considered themselves a "stable."
Brian seems to go to great lengths to perpetuate the fact that he is a redneck (it's part of his "character" I suppose) and even types as such. It's all quite humorous (though not in the manner that he thinks it is).
Evidence of this pact between Jackass and Asshole can be found in Casey's recent signature, "Heel heat. That's what were after," which pretty much spells out the notion that these two are living in some sort of fantasy world here in the boards. In this world they are the killer heels and I suppose we would be the faces.
It's all very sordid and a tad frightening.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
NoNameRequired
Banned

Posts 190
Registered 2-5-2002

posted on 4-12-2002 at 10:58 PM Edit Post
You are kidding right? No one can be that queer. Two modern day Walty Mitty's. Sad, quite sad.
CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss
Banned

Posts 219
Registered 1-5-2002
Location Pittsburgh,PA Home of the Steelers

posted on 4-13-2002 at 12:07 AM Edit Post
God ELI that was some funny shit, I almost fell out mf my seat here,

Here's the news, if people got in trouble every time myself, Brian, Angry Johnny and Bigblue called Bigfatgoalie, Noname, Eli faggots, dorks, retarded gender bender, rimjobs, cocksuckers, fairies- (sorry got away from the point). If people got in trouble everytime we made fun of you "Special" members, then there wouldn't be a foruym at all would there?

I mean Bigfat goalie if we all made fun of your queer music preference, I would not earn heat. thus making the forum more interesting.

ELI if it wasn't for the flame wars we had no one would stick around toi read the arguement that was presented before us?

Noname? Im still trying to figure out why you're here and not in a special home.

You guys obviously must have been upset by these posts me and the Posse'
maybe you stay up late at night wonderingif your intternet rep is ruined for life, but I don't,
I dont care, seeing you guys pout and cry brings joy and excitemnt to my life, this is like a big cartoon to me, and you are the little coyote falling off the cliff.
If you like the board stay here, but if you hate the vews of others, maybe you should go.

Look at yourselves, you dedicated a whole column to whining about our behavior now that's funny. Guys it's only a forum get a life.

I get of the forum laughing my ass off everytime because of the frail attempts of insults I receive. Noname has started calling me old lmfao. What makes me old?

Bigfatgoalie whines about my choice of music? Maybe I don't like mall music or MTV shit.

Anyway guys, I know you will all bitch and cry about my post here so go to it, see if I care

We're a stable now?

Mr. Popularity: only on the Online Onslaught Network

Heel Heat.... and that's what we're after.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Yahoo
AngryJohnny
And I am AWESOME

Posts 193
Registered 3-4-2002
Location Hawaii

posted on 4-13-2002 at 04:02 AM Edit Post
Wow, apparently I'm down with the redneck stable and I don't know it... I really don't REMEMBER calling anyone a faggot here. But I might have, I just follow the policy to strike as low a blow as possible, which faggot works for wrestling fans since a lot are homophobic... to sum up:I have no problems with anybody even if you think I am a racist bastard, I don't remember insulting goalie, and I was born in the south but I can READ dammit! I'm special.

Jkyle.com-the evolution starts here

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AngryJohnny 's Aim
etee
Fella

Posts 316
Registered 1-5-2002
Location in front of my PC.

Mood: Radio-active.

posted on 4-14-2002 at 04:16 PM Edit Post
To try and answer bigfatgoalie's original question:

No, I don't think the board is homophobic, any more than I think it is racist, anti-Semitic, or even anti-redneck, for that matter. However, the board is based on pro wrestling, whose "target demo" is the youngish-male crowd. The activity itself is full of homo-erotic overtones. It is my experience that youngish males are simultaneously attracted to and repulsed by things of this nature, which is part of the reason teenage and early-20s males tend to be "insecure" about their own sexuality. Unfortunately, in this environment they feel the need to "prove" themselves, and gay-bashing is one of the means they employ.

Of course, as someone else pointed out, there are several who inhabit this board who are seeking "heel heat". And, somehow they have gotten it into their head that making lots of references to (homo)sexual activities is a good way to insult others (to "push their buttons", so to speak.) The anonymity provided by the 'Net allows them to launch their barrages with impunity. Though if they knew just how "anonymous" the 'Net really is, and just how things they put on the 'Net can come back to haunt them, they might think twice (or at least ONCE) before spewing their stuff out.

Hint to Those About Who I Am Speaking: prospective employers DO perform searches of the Internet, looking for information on prospective employees. Most major companies will NOT hire people who exhibit racist, sexist, homophobic, or other bahaviors considered "hate mongering", or those who do illegal things. Don't believe me? Check out a real-life story (based on an email I actually received) at The Spicey Chicken Cartel: "It Really Works!"

Anyway, I have simply decided to ignore the ignorant, and concentrate on the threads that talk about wrestling (ot other topics I am interested in).

CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss
Banned

Posts 219
Registered 1-5-2002
Location Pittsburgh,PA Home of the Steelers

posted on 4-14-2002 at 11:05 PM Edit Post
To sum up my last post, I don't care about any-one here, I find alot of fun in making people frustrated.
Bigfatgoalie one day was ripping his hair out form the roots because he disagreed with one of my posts, and started this thread in hopes that others feel the same we he does. Sorta to build an alliance with the other picked on members of the Online Onslaught network. I say that's fine and dandy but you are not making me lose any sleep at night.
The views of members with such cool names like "BigFatGoalie" and "Nonamerequired" never really aretaken seriously no matter what they say.
But Hey look at it this way guys. If you like to whine and vry about my behavior together then more power to you, but frankly my views remain the same. so cry all you want, get your mothers to email me about picking on you if you want and they'll get the same. Laters,

Mr. Popularity: only on the Online Onslaught Network

Heel Heat.... and that's what we're after.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Yahoo
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 4-15-2002 at 06:09 AM Edit Post
quote:
I find alot of fun in making people frustrated.

This is the most ignorant shit I have ever seen posted in an message board.

New Topic New Poll

go to top