The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Transitional Tiara *BONUS GAME!*
FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 4-8-2004 at 02:42 AM Edit Post
Transitional Tiara *BONUS GAME!*

Well, ModSquad has had to relinquish his reigh as the FFC Tiara Champion, which means his avatar is up for grabs. Since there is no PPV for another week, we shall have a transitional period where noone shall sit on the throne.

I know it's scary, but just remain calm.

If someone would like to lay claim to the Tiara for the next 10-11 odd days it is until WWE "PPV AFTER WRESTLEMANIA", then you may do so by answering the following question correctly. First one wins the prize.

During the 2004 NCAA Final Four, FFC somehow had extra money to blow on (somewhat) expensive import beer. Name that beer.

!

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 4-8-2004 at 02:50 AM Edit Post
Heineken.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

Endo
Fella

Posts 454
Registered 4-30-2002
Location Virginia Beach

Mood: hypoxic

posted on 4-8-2004 at 02:54 AM Edit Post
Harp's

"Why do you watch that? It's fake! IT'S FAKE!!" - My mother
"I know." - Me

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 4-8-2004 at 03:16 AM Edit Post
Stella Artois

phansett
And I am AWESOME

Posts 241
Registered 4-15-2003
Location Chicagoland

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-8-2004 at 03:35 AM Edit Post
Bass Ale?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   phansett 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   phansett 's Yahoo
Dynamicjt
Fella

Posts 283
Registered 9-20-2003
Location San Antonio, Texas

Mood:

posted on 4-8-2004 at 04:01 AM Edit Post
Guiness

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 4-8-2004 at 04:33 AM Edit Post
Just give me the prize on the basis that you all want the Naked Shawn Av of DOOM to go away, heehee.

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 4-8-2004 at 04:36 AM Edit Post
Well stop the guesses, Endo nailed it on the second try. Jesus, that's impressive dude. I drink all those mentioned except for whatever Niles put down, I've never heard of that shit.

Anyways, Endo, you have to ditch Strongbad and go with the FFC Tiara as your avatar now until the next PPV, where a new contestant will (hopefully) win and want the goddamn avatar for a month.

Click here for the FFC Tiara AVATAR!

Congratulations sir, you are a queen among lesser queens.

!

Endo
Fella

Posts 454
Registered 4-30-2002
Location Virginia Beach

posted on 4-8-2004 at 01:35 PM Edit Post
Yeah bitches, the tiara is mine!

"I know." - Me

GimmickMan
The Rowdy One

Posts 2476
Registered 8-14-2003
Location Republic of Woodhaven

Mood: FELLA!

posted on 4-8-2004 at 02:17 PM Edit Post
I was gonna guess Vergina.

Oh well.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 4-8-2004 at 03:58 PM Edit Post
No one slipped in a derogatory Corona reference? Must be the holiday spirit.

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 4-9-2004 at 05:51 AM Edit Post
I pick Red Dog.

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
Endo
Fella

Posts 454
Registered 4-30-2002
Location Virginia Beach

posted on 4-9-2004 at 03:41 PM Edit Post
What's in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
- Bill S.

Mr. Lund I believe we are having a disagreement that bores to the very meaning of human communication. I do not type this as a direct refute of your logic, for it is indeed sound, but rather as a justification to my claim as Transitional FFC Tiara Champion.

The original question was to "Name that beer." Now the use of the word "name" in verb form carries many definitions, one being "to mention, specify, or cite by name," another being "to specify or fix." Now when using the first exampled definition I must concede defeat, for the proper name is indeed "Harp." However, since neither given definition is the primary definition of the verb form of "name," equal consideration must be given to the second given definition, in which case I am correct in my claim, despite your correct logic to the contrary.

The reason goes back to the quote from Mr. Shakespeare above. If I go to my favorite watering hole and request either "one Harp, please" or "one Harp's, please" I receive the same lager, despite having asked for two different items. Part of this is simple ignorance on the part of the average bartender and drinker, but another part is the dismissal of the correction as unnecessary and somewhat condescending. Of course, the end result is that I receive the tasty beverage I desire, despite the misnaming of said beverage, and thus the communication has been faultless in the reaching of my goal.

In a smiliar situation, I responded "Harp's" when polled by Mr. Cutter. While I was incorrect in my specific name for the tasty beverage, my communication was complete with Mr. Cutter. Although the lager he bought was indeed called "Harp," we were both thinking of the same lager and that thought was communicated. Whether it is called "Harp" or "Harp's," the taste, effect, and bottle are all identical. Thus, through good communication rather than spelling I managed to name the correct beer.

Of course, if the explanation above does not satisfy any of our readers, I also ofer an alternate explanation, one that we can all understand. As with any title, the authority of naming a champion rests soley with the authority issuing the title. In this case, the title is owned by Mr. Cutter and is his to distribute as he pleases. This is generally done through a contest involving Mr. Cutter's alcohol consumption. In this cfase, I gave an answer that was satisfactory to Mr. Cutter, and being the first to do so was crowned as his champion. In the same way that Vince McMahon can crown whomever he wants as the WWE Champoin, Mr. Cutter can crown whomever he pleases with his tiara.

And if neither of these arguments is satisfactory, I offer my third and final argument. Wait until another established champion has to vacate the throne and vie for the coveted title of Transitional FFC Tiara Champion.

"I know." - Me

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 4-9-2004 at 11:45 PM Edit Post
Wow, such a heated argument over the Tiara, it really is becoming something that is coveted around here.

I'm sticking with Endo here Jeb, I'm more impressed with the fact he picked it on the second guess than I am disappointed with his grammar.

So the Tiara STAYS!! Remember kids, we're only 9 short days away from whatever the next PPV is, so your chance to be cool like ModSquad and Endo is near.

!

New Topic New Poll

go to top