The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: A change in Triple H's attitude, or not?
SuperRob
Showstopper

Posts 758
Registered 8-6-2002

Mood: Wreckening

posted on 4-4-2004 at 04:47 PM Edit Post
A change in Triple H's attitude, or not?

I've long been loathe to believe the stories of Triple H wielding power backstage, and that the guy is clearly holding others down and keeping the belt on himself to the detriment of the business.

I've always beleived that while Triple H might have input, Vince calls the shots, and wouldn't knowingly let Trip get away with that, whether he's married to Steph or not. Especially now that Trip is part of the family, his focus would naturally be on keeping that business healthy.

So lets take a look at recent events. Trip drops the strap to Benoit in a triple-threat. By all appearances, Benoit pinned Trip clean, but Michaels was a factor. Booked that way to make Trip drop the belt, but not actually lose? Could be.

Trip is traded to SmackDown at the draft lottery, then immediately traded back to RAW. Conventional wisdom suggests that With Steph running Smackdown, Trip would be unstoppable, and that it was a natural trade. Did Vince pull the plug on that idea because of grumbling from the locker room, or was the whole thing just a way to put more heat on Hunter? Was he ever _really_ going to be traded?

Then Hunter puts over Shelton Benjamin ... CLEAN. No one had any idea that Shelton even had a chance to win, but Trip puts him over in very convincing fashion. There's really no other way to spin this.

So, is what we're looking at a shift in HHH's attitude towards himself and the business, or is he simply continuing to do what he's always done ... take his cues from the booking sheets and doing what he's told?

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-4-2004 at 05:00 PM Edit Post
HHH is a master politician. Business usually shoots up leading into WM and gets soft following. He made sure the strap was on himself going in. It is no big thing to have the strap on someone else during a historically soft period of time.

Here is a perfect example of the HHH effect: He was slated to drop the title to Booker last WM. The lead up to WM painted Booker as a loser, whci hwas bad enough (Booker actually losing was even worse). Right before WM, HHH endorses the move to sign Goldberg telling Vince that he will happily lay down for the guy. He did (in a horrible, horrible, horrible match). I don't care how 'injured' he was, he dogged it in that match. And then promptly regained the title a month later, while staying off TV to make movies.

The 'trade' was meant to showcase how huge of a star he is and pop a rating on both shows. If I was Vince, I would honestly do the same thing. Vince never has to worry about losing HHH. He can build the entire company around him (and he will). But since HHH is WWE for life, it is time for him to help elevate other guys. He did a masterful job of it with Shelton. Let's see if he lays down clean for Benoit in a one on one match.

This is not a public forum - it's a forum for ignorant fanboys who have no clue what the business is about and have no desire to know. Why don't you all start a backyard fed together - you have that mentality.

Venomhawk
And I am AWESOME

Posts 191
Registered 9-9-2003
Location Syracuse, NY

Mood: free at last!

posted on 4-4-2004 at 06:25 PM Edit Post
I would say a lot of it has to do with him being married to Steph now. Before all he had to do was look out for himself and promote himself anyway possible. Now his future income depends on the success of the company in general so I think he working to make sure there is a good product out there. The Insider said it really well by saying HHH is the master politician, because now doing what is best for the business is doing what's best for HHH in the long run.

Long live long time lurking and minimal posting!

SuperRob
Showstopper

Posts 758
Registered 8-6-2002

Mood: Wreckening

posted on 4-4-2004 at 09:47 PM Edit Post
"I would say a lot of it has to do with him being married to Steph now."

But don't you think that this change in attitude would have happened a LONG time ago if this were the case? Trip and Steph have been an item for quite some time. Best way to get into Dad's good graces would be to make that shift earlier. I don't think the act of getting married was an epiphany for him. He would have come to this realization a LOT sooner.

"HHH is a master politician. Business usually shoots up leading into WM and gets soft following. He made sure the strap was on himself going in. It is no big thing to have the strap on someone else during a historically soft period of time. "

Except that RAW is now spiking much bigger ratings two weeks in a row, and that's not something anyone could have predicted. The "historically soft period of time" is starting off rocket-hot, and that's without putting the strap on HHH. In fact one could argue (and I will) that just as many others have said, HHH holding the belt as long as he did made it a much bigger deal when he finally dropped it (Goldberg notwithstanding).

Let me suppose this to you all. HHH has been in this game a LONG time. He's one of few with a solid grasp of how the business really works. Just about every wrestler out there knows that your star rises and falls with your TV exposure. Even more know that the belt is incidental, and that there are many great wrestlers out there that achieved greatness without ever holding the big belt. Consider this year's Hall of Fame inductees ... how many of them NEVER held the top title?

Again, I think all of this hullaballoo over Hunter's political power is just fanboy BS. Trip knows that he needs to keep himself on TV, and tell compelling stories, but the rest is pretty meaningless. Fighting for the title is one of the stories that you tell, but ultimately, the BATTLE itself is more important than the outcome. That's fundamental to the business ... the more compelling the stories, the more you hook the audience. That's what made the HHH/Benjamin match so off-the-hook ... it was a classic "underdog defying the odds" story.

I think that it's more likely that HHH has just been playing the "classic heel" role, updated for the Internet age, and has been waiting for the perfect babyface to come along. That babyface, surprisingly enough to probably even himself ... appears to be Shelton Benjamin. Portraying Benjamin as one of Kurt Angle's proteges early on may have been a harbinger of the future, because I see a lot of Angle's traits in Benjamin. A few more matches against top-tier opponents (Michaels, Flair, etc.) and he could break out.

metallikid
The Immortal One

Posts 4898
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Orlando, Florida

Mood: Super

posted on 4-4-2004 at 09:51 PM Edit Post
Triple H hasn't changed a bit. The booking has changed and he is following the script....like always. You conspiracy people are fucking hilarious.

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 4-4-2004 at 10:38 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by SuperRob
So, is what we're looking at a shift in HHH's attitude towards himself and the business, or is he simply continuing to do what he's always done ... take his cues from the booking sheets and doing what he's told?

Again, I think all of this hullaballoo over Hunter's political power is just fanboy BS. Trip knows that he needs to keep himself on TV, and tell compelling stories, but the rest is pretty meaningless.

Somewhere in there, I think you answered your own question.
So now I must ask, in all kindness, what is the point of this thread?
HHH is a smart wrestler who knows how to keep himself in the spotlight, but still elevates worthy opponents, at the same time.
Well, no shit.

I second Metallikid; nothing has changed here but the storylines.
But I DO believe HHH is secretly running a shadow government that watches our every move and plays us like the helpless puppets we are.
I mean, EVERYBODY knows THAT, right?

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 4-4-2004 at 10:49 PM Edit Post
I might rail against the conspiracy theorists (because I am indeed a Triple H fan), but correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe Triple H is one of the bookers. So wouldn't that mean some degree of "change of attitude" on Hunter's part?

microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 12:25 AM Edit Post
The reason this thread exists is because someone believes that Triple H very rarely put people over, and midcarders too for that matter.

Well, Iím not a fucking booker of course, but I will see the side of Superob. I personally have never seen Triple H put people over consistently, and seeing Benjamin beat him was the biggest surprise in some time.

Now, of course Triple H is a big time player, so for him to put over Benjamin would have been like a heel Ric Flair back in his heyday putting over someone like say Shawn Michaels, back in 1991. One was a former world champion, and the other a tag team wrestler at the time.

But my point about Triple H is this: He tapped clean at wrestlemania, put Benjamin over, all within 2 weeks time, and that is a big thing.

If those of you who believe all this is taking place for storyline sake, you may be right, but that would mean Shelten would have to get a proper push, not a crappy one-time deal.

Or else why would it make sense for Triple H to put him over for no reason??

I donít know, I sort of see Triple H with a change of attitude, but it may be slight, and may be in conjunction with regards to storylines also.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by microplay_24]

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 02:10 AM Edit Post
Saying HHH is following the script and has nothing to do with his own actions is ridiculous. HHH is the only worker who sits in on production meetings for both RAW and SD. He goes home with the head of creative every night. So, yeah, maybe HHH follows the script but that script is heavily influenced by him. No one else has the stroke he does.

And that is all good with Vince.

RAW numbers did not shoot up until the draft. HHH could easily look at the numbers and say it was draft interest or even his 'trade' and his work with Shelton that have kept the numbers solid.

This is not a public forum - it's a forum for ignorant fanboys who have no clue what the business is about and have no desire to know. Why don't you all start a backyard fed together - you have that mentality.

Operation Pajama Pants
Showstopper

Posts 997
Registered 2-23-2004

Mood: Shmood

posted on 4-5-2004 at 02:57 AM Edit Post
the trade obviously wasn't of interest as when we all thought he was traded to smackdown their numbers didn't jump

Official Poster Of The OOForum's 100,000th Post.

borntorun: getting punched in the cock by a naked guy is pretty arousing.

Visit OOWF.com!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Pajama+Pants 's Aim
madiq
Crusader for Pure Truth

Posts 2131
Registered 7-5-2002
Location Brooklyn, New York, the capital of the Universe

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 04:29 AM Edit Post
Except we all knew he got traded back...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   madiq 's Aim
Vaidin
rOOkie

Posts 37
Registered 3-31-2004
Location Glendale, California

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 12:31 PM Edit Post
"Saying HHH is following the script and has nothing to do with his own actions is ridiculous. HHH is the only worker who sits in on production meetings for both RAW and SD. He goes home with the head of creative every night. So, yeah, maybe HHH follows the script but that script is heavily influenced by him. No one else has the stroke he does."

No, that is ridiculous. Making statements like those is pointless because there is no good reason to believe you about any of them. There is essentially no way we could independently check up on almost any of that and therefore what you said does not count as evidence. It's just hearsay and rumor.

I don't think anyone is saying is that Triple H has nothing to do with what his character does. However, the same could be said about everyone else. I'm sure even the lowest card wrestler has opportunities to provide creative input on a character they use. That certainly seems to be the case considering the WWE based off what the wrestlers currently employed have said. Whether or not those suggestions will get used or not is another matter and can depend on many other factors involving the wrestler (like if the ideas they presented were even any good).

I think the point is that there's usually no way to determine whether or not Triple H uses (or abuses for that matter) any power he does have just like any other wrestler on the roster. The fact that he is a position where he could theoretically abuse his power does not mean he does or that he could get away with doing it. So the most reasonable position to take is that Triple H is innocent until proven guilty.

OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 4-5-2004 at 02:20 PM Edit Post
See, now some people think that "the_insider" is a pinhead. Not me. That would be insulting to actual pinheads.

Stand back! There's a HURRICANE coming through! Several, in fact!

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 02:21 PM Edit Post
Isn't it common knowledge that HHH sits in on production meetings? This was somethign Austin was hot about years ago and lobbied to have HHH stop attending meetings. When Austin left WWE a couple of years ago, HHH began attending the meetings again.

Its certainly common knowledge that HHH is married to the head of creative. He is a McMahon. He is office.

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 4-5-2004 at 02:31 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by The_Insider
Isn't it common knowledge that HHH sits in on production meetings?

No. Next topic.

I think one thing that many people are overlooking is that Trips is actually fully or near-fully healthy for the first time in a while. It's a lot easier to put people over and make them look good when you're healthy.

quote:
I don't care how 'injured' he was, he dogged it in that match.

You try wrestling with a deep thigh bruise. Or even walking. Better yet, ask one of your "boys in the back" what that feels like. Sheesh.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by markout]

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 02:48 PM Edit Post
Working a match when you can't is just as much 'dogging' it as working a shitty match when healthy.

The made the Elimination Chamber match for the sole purpose of hiding HHH's injury. And then what? A month later he works a one on one match that is so horrible the crowd turns on Goldberg by the end. You can't tell me that the veteran HHH didn't think that might happen.

That was terrible booking on everyones part and terribly unfair to Goldberg who was victimized from the day he signed with WWE.

And by the way, it is common knowledge that HHH sits in on production meetings as reported by people with a hell of a lot better sources then me.

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 4-5-2004 at 03:19 PM Edit Post
quote:
Working a match when you can't is just as much 'dogging' it as working a shitty match when healthy.

The made the Elimination Chamber match for the sole purpose of hiding HHH's injury. And then what? A month later he works a one on one match that is so horrible the crowd turns on Goldberg by the end. You can't tell me that the veteran HHH didn't think that might happen.

That was terrible booking on everyones part and terribly unfair to Goldberg who was victimized from the day he signed with WWE.

And by the way, it is common knowledge that HHH sits in on production meetings as reported by people with a hell of a lot better sources then me.

How is it "unfair booking" when the champion gets injured? That's unfortunate circumstance, not booking.

Combine a deep thigh bruise, a groin pull and the fact that Goldberg ain't exaclty a workrate machine and you get a shitty match.

The only other option than a shitty match would have been to have Trips hotshot the belt on to somebody else to toss it to Goldberg. Then all the conspiracy theorists would have claimed that he didn't want to lay down to Goldberg. Not to mention that Goldberg's reign would have been tainted from the get-go.

I'm sorry, but I at least respect HHH for going out there and at least attempting to make the match seem big time and lend Goldberg a bit of legitmacy. While the bad match certainly didn't help him, Goldberg could have done more to run with his title reign to be successful. If he couldn't stay over, it has everything to do with him and nothing to do with HHH.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 4-5-2004 at 03:25 PM Edit Post
quote:

I've been kinda hoping that you'd just get the hint and drop it, but since you haven't:

No, HHH does NOT sit on production meetings, for the simple reason that production meetings take place at Titan Towers, and even Triple H hasn't mastered the art of Instantaneous Matter Teleportation yet.

There are pre-show meetings where the wrestlers go over what's been planned for the night, and HHH sits in on those, just like every other wrestler, but those aren't the actual writing sessions.

Now, as for your "better sources": quote them. Because, see, my entire gimmick is that I read all the wrestling news sites and then write about them, so I've read way more concerning HHH than anyone should really want to know, and this is what I've read:

HHH occasionally makes suggestions for matches, just like every other wrestler. During his injury period, he occasionally sat in on production meetings, but since he wasn't actively wrestling, he in no way affected his own matches.

There's only a handful of matches where HHH has been acknowledge as contributing to the outcome, and they usually ended with him doing the JOB. (For example, it was widely acknowledged that HHH helped book the match where Benoit and Jericho went over HHH and Austin -- the match that put HHH out for a year.)

Now, I'm not saying the guy is Mother Teresa -- and there's no reason why he SHOULD be. He's a pro wrestler. Believe it or not, they're not in it to get other people Over.

Every single wrestler that's ever stepped in the ring has wanted the same thing: to be the top guy. I don't care if it's Spike Dudley or Hulk Hogan. If Spike thought for a split second that he could Main Event by holding down RVD, you can bet your ass that he'd do it-- because that's what competitive athletes do. Sure, wrestling is scripted, but expecting HHH to care more about Booker T's career than he cares about his own is like expecting Karl Malone to miss baskets so that his opponents won't look bad.

Stand back! There's a HURRICANE coming through! Several, in fact!

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 04:04 PM Edit Post
With all due respect, you;'re wrong.

Production meetings take many forms

The meeting you're speaking off is the pre-show crew meeting when creative goes over then entire show for the entire crew.

What happens is, a large board is posted with the worker's name, his opponant and the name of an agent who is in charge of the match. Usually this is posted by the time the boys get to the venue (unless they are very, very early). They then seek out their agent who has already gone over a management-only production meeting.

It's these management-only production meetings that HHH attends. It's these meetings that Austin spoke out against a couple of years ago. The reason being, that these meetings is where creative and management discuss in candid detail matches, angles and workers and Austin felt it was putting HHH in a position to learn what management thought of specific guys and that it was not right for any workers to sit in on this meeting.

These meetings are held prior to every televised event and are for the purpose of detailing future angles, not just what appears on TV that night.

It's very similar in every promotion, from the largest to the smallest. My partner and I would often be critical of guys in our private meetings as we discussed angles and outlines for the future. The crew meetign prior to the show is for going over the show only, not for critiques of the boys.

Antelope
Fella

Posts 474
Registered 3-30-2003

Mood: Dynamic Prophet

posted on 4-5-2004 at 04:48 PM Edit Post
EDIT - I'll just delete this post because the mods moved the post I was bitching about in the first place. I feel so sheepish.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Antelope]

ModSquad004
Cop Dawg

Posts 2324
Registered 5-10-2003
Location on the ATV

Mood: no mood 4 poop

posted on 4-5-2004 at 04:50 PM Edit Post
Way ahead of ya, Antelope.

BACK TO THE SUBJECT LADIES!

WOOF!

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-5-2004 at 05:20 PM Edit Post
You know Trips DOES sit on the meetings. He said so on Off the Record in 2002. The current muscle mag(can't remember the name), Trips also says he gives ideas to the writing crew. He does have influence and I can't see how people can deny this when the man has said so in public. What we don't know is the extent of what he does to influence the product, but there are some signs that the rumours might actually hint to.

I also think Insider's last post makes sense in the way Trips saw Jericho as champion. What he said about Jericho was that he was missing something the other stars had. That "it" factor. Take this interview and then analyze how Jericho's reign went. Trips probably knew the staff also saw Jericho in the same light or maybe he even told the staff. We don't know, but put some pieces of the puzzle together to paint a picture. About scripts and so on that does not disqualify people not doing things in matches to not put the other guy over. Bret use to accuse HBK of this in matches with Diesel in 1995 when he was heel and Nash was face. HBK is notorious for going move for move with the script like Randy Savage, but HBK would still improvise certain asethetics to put himself over. I think the interview Bret did was RF Shoot.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by promoter2003]

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 4-5-2004 at 06:51 PM Edit Post
Oh for GOD'S SAKE!

YES, HHH sits in on production meetings, on occasion. You know what else? He also DOES contribute ideas towards the storyline. In fact, I'm, willing to bet HHH also knows how to put the fucking ring together, how the lighting is set up, and how to run the goddam popcorn machines.

Wanna know WHY, cats and kittens? Because, as he has SAID, time and again, HE LOVES THE BUSINESS. This is not a man scheming to over-promote himself; this is a man who's planning on RUNNING THE GODDAM SHOW when his career as an active wrestler is over.

Now, I've pointed this out before, but by all means, let me be redundant, for those who persist in tilting against the windmills of logic and common fucking sense.
Vince is the boss.
Vince has overcome ego-driven wrestlers, lawsuits from damn near every direction, and the fucking federal government, just to name a few.
He has shown, TIME AND AGAIN, that this business will have to be pried from his cold dead hand, and even then, a return from the grave would not really surprise me. This man is a genius (albeit a mad one), and will literally chew through the intestines of anyone who seeks to harm his baby, WWE.

And yet HHH, mastermind that he is, is actually running the show.
Yeah. That makes sense.

"HHH doesn't job."
Bullshit. He jobs cleanly and rather merrily, WHEN IT COUNTS. He is playing the role of a VERY dominant heel; although he may cheat his way to victory, or use the help of Evolution, it's very very clear that his character HAS THE SHIT to get the job done on his own, and so.....he is rather hard to beat. If he were to lie down at the slightest provocation, his lengthy title run would not have been so effective, eh?
Morons.

"HHH uses his pull to get the best storylines."
Katy Vick. The infamous "pumpitude" competitions with Steiner. Being fucking pantsed on national tv.
Shut the fuck up.
Morons.

"HHH gets the belt because he's (fucking Steph, in on the meetings, has absolute magical power, etc, etc)"

HHH got, retained, and did a fucking fantastic job with the belt....say it with me....BECAUSE HE'S THAT DAMN GOOD. They obviously wanted an extended title run, so that it would mean something when the belt was handed off: HBK=feel good moment, and nod to one of the best in the business. Goldberg=dramatic moment, and nod to the huge fan appeal he garnered.
Benoit=one of the most dramatic WM victories EVER.

No one else could achieve this, plain and simple. Name me ONE other superstar on the RAW roster who could have made that run look convincing -- again, HHH is that rare combination of ACTUAL WRESTLING SKILL, formidable size, and brains enough to cheat when he cannot win.
This man made the longest convincing title run in YEARS, and managed to be pretty entertaining with it. And he did this injured.
Shut the fuck up.
Morons.

So YES, children, HHH DOES INFLUENCE THE PRODUCT. Aha, you've found him out! In interviews, HHH admits that he has a hand in almost every aspect of the business. His fellow wrestlers have frequently commented on his involvement/interest with the product, from start to finish. In fact, they have commended him for it.
But for God's sake, don't flaunt your ignorance so proudly; HHH is not a dark overlord of wrestling, and Vince McMahon is not in the grips of a magical enchantment. Grow the fuck up. If you don't like the product, blame VINCE.
Because you can goddam bet he's the one calling the shots at the end of every day, not the Great and Powerful HHH.

May I now direct you back to my earlier point of shut the fuck up.

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-5-2004 at 08:48 PM Edit Post
Rasslinjunkie, as long as that tirade wasn't against me it's all fine because quite frankly no one knows unless they are sitting in the rooms. I'm just stating the fact people deny the man has been in creative meetings when he has publicly stated otherwise. When other wrestlers state that he has and actually see it as a problem(Austin for one). Those are the facts in pertaining to Triple H and his stroke. Everything else is conjecture on the part of insiders and fans.

As for Vince not allowing his family to interfere and detriment his product I think we all know otherwise from the product we have been getting over the years. This is not gossip, but fact that Vince will keep his family entrenched with the product because quite frankly they are the only ones he can trust. Personally, I see the logic, but if people like Stephanie Mcmahon were not his kin do you honestly think Vince would have kept her this long as creative head when things have dipped in ratings and interest since she took over the book?

I mean let's get in the real world here. Vince likes to hear what he wants to hear and his former employees have said this time and time again. The organization hired a continuity guy only to fire him weeks later because he ridiculed how much inconsistencies the product has. Now if one of his family members told him this would he fire them? No! This would also get me flamed, but when Vince brought back Russo who did better business than his daughter from a business standpoint he got demoted to the role of Heyman(watch at home and critique) because his daugther and her boyfriend didn't want him over her. Look at this from a strictly business standpoint for a second. There is serious nepotism in the company and former workers and employees have stated this(writers/bookers and wrestlers). Are they ALL lying?

I'm not one to jump down on Trips either, but how it can be denied that nepotism isn't going on is funny(Shane/Kane?).
The thing is I understand WHY it's happening. Vince was on the damn ropes when all his talent jumped in the 90's and for better or worse Vince himself helped bring things back in his character. Keep it in the family because the family will always be there. The stars won't and when they leave or quit in bitterness the family has to pick up the pieces and that's why I see Trips would obviously have the ear of his father in law. However, it does not make anyone knowing for sure how much influence he is giving. Maybe he is giving none and maybe he is giving all. I don't think anyone can say for sure and that's the only thing that's for sure.

I don't think Trips will be running the company either with Vince's SON Shane around). We saw the opening montage at WM XX. I think the only way Shane does not run things is if he doesn't want to. There is a reason he put the company public without putting the Mcmahon lineage on the line for running the show.

I actually like Triple H, but I would be ignorant to the product to say he has NOTHING to do with how he is portrayed on television when this is all a show. With all this said Triple H is basically the only top star from the boom of the 90's that isn't part time unless HBK goes full-time like he recently has, so obviously Vince would listen to them over a new guy with suggestions and there's nothing wrong that. I understand Trips being defended as this monster trying to make the promotion into a single entity of Triple H standing in the ring as champion with no other wrestlers just to justify his ego. However, I think it's also fair to say nepotism is strong within company. I don't think there is extremes when it comes to Triple H, but somewhere in the middle. Telling people to shut the fuck up about their opinions on a message board is stupid. I don't see anyone forcing anyone else to see their viewpoint, but they are just making statements on how they see things. Chill out!

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by promoter2003]

Operation Pajama Pants
Showstopper

Posts 997
Registered 2-23-2004

Mood: Shmood

posted on 4-5-2004 at 09:00 PM Edit Post
quote:
Now if one of his family members told him this would he fire them?

i dont have a problem with putting your family on top instead of outside people in a company. that's what having "family business" is all about. whether it's a wrestling promotion or a hardware store, people are always gonna give their children a bit a preference.

[fixed tags.]

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Operation Pajama Pants]

Official Poster Of The OOForum's 100,000th Post.

borntorun: getting punched in the cock by a naked guy is pretty arousing.

Visit OOWF.com!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Pajama+Pants 's Aim
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top