The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: MORE OLD PPVS ONDVD!!!
Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2004 at 01:27 PM Edit Post
MORE OLD PPVS ONDVD!!!

Silvervision Are releasing two more sets of 'Tagged Classics' - WrestleMania's 3 & 4, and King Of The Ring 1993 / 94!!!

Now, if only they could add some freakin bonus material!!!

I mean, come on, WWE (Or Silvervision). £15 for a two disk boxset is sweet, and I would happily pay that for each PPV if you'd throw on some old footage and interviews. I know the boxes have to change, but please!!!!

So England is first to get the Old PPVs on DVD, First to get WCW re-runs on Sky Sports, AND we have our own wrestling Channel. Jealous?

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2004 at 01:29 PM Edit Post
BTW, Silvervision have the Wrestlemania Special Features listed as 'The mania of Wrestlemania' and the 'Ten greatest matches', along with some stills and results. Cant Wait.

fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 3-31-2004 at 03:47 PM Edit Post
WM 4 is a classic?

3 yes, 10 yes, 17 yes but not 4...Dibiase should have gone over Savage.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 3-31-2004 at 05:07 PM Edit Post
Your crazy! Savage winning the tourney was one of my biggest mark-out moments ever!

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-31-2004 at 05:12 PM Edit Post
Savage winning was awesome. I must say that by the time fall came everyone knew he was carrying Hulk's belt though.
microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 3-31-2004 at 05:29 PM Edit Post
As far as Iím concerned, wrestlemania 4 was historical for Savage winning his first world title.

The guy freakin made the show.

Savage is one of the greatest of all time, and wrestlemania 4 certainly establishes that.

It was definitely a historic show for Savageís world title win alone, if anything.

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 3-31-2004 at 11:22 PM Edit Post
Agreed...Savage winning was great but a true classic is one where most of or the entire card is great, not just the last match.
Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004

Mood:

posted on 4-1-2004 at 01:14 PM Edit Post
Why was ten a classic? Crush vs Savage? Doink and Bam Bam? I dont know whether its because they were hyped too much, but both anniversary shows seemed a little weak. They both ended perfectly, but overall, .... just an average ppv.

What about the King Of The Ring dvd? Hart winning the 1st Tourney, Owen the 2nd? That's cool.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Gobshite]

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 4-2-2004 at 04:00 PM Edit Post
So where can us yanks purchase these DVDs?

Hoodle
rOOkie

Posts 30
Registered 1-1-2004

Mood: Chipper

posted on 4-2-2004 at 07:15 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gobshite
Why was ten a classic? Crush vs Savage? Doink and Bam Bam? I dont know whether its because they were hyped too much, but both anniversary shows seemed a little weak. They both ended perfectly, but overall, .... just an average ppv.
[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Gobshite]

This is sarcasm, right? Ten gave birth to The Heartbreak Kid's rise to the top and Bret Hart: WWE Main Event mainstay. Bret vs. Owen?

I don't agree that a card has to be great top-to-bottom to be a classic. It just needs to be memorable, that's all.

Froggie
Showstopper

Posts 518
Registered 10-25-2002
Location Bizarro Land, Ontario

Mood: Stylin'

posted on 4-2-2004 at 08:16 PM Edit Post
Wow...I might be interested in buying WrestleMania 4 on DVD. The one I have (on VHS) is falling apart. The tape is sixteen years old!! My Dad rented it on two Colliseum home videos back in the day and put them both on one six hour VHS tape.

Savage winning it was DEFINITELY the highlight, but its too bad You Know You had to spoil it in the end by being in every one of Savages glory shots...he made it painfully obvious that he was the reason Savage won the match (by laying out DiBiase with the chair). But then again, I'd expect nothing less from the Orange Goblin

-Froggie

"...Best There Ever Will Be!!"
-When WWE jobbed first time WWE World Heavyweight Champion Christian out to Randy Orton and turned him heel when he (Christian) was arguably the most over babyface on the roster and having great matches with everyone on the card, it was at that exact moment that WWE jumped the shark!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Froggie 's ICQ status
Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2293
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 4-4-2004 at 01:48 AM Edit Post
That sounds pretty cool; however I had my heart set on a complete WM box set, featuring all 20.

The fact that I could never afford such a luxury hasnít changed my mind.

And besides I prefer to place my event DVDís in chronological order. Place Rumble before and KOTR after WM, etc. So now Iíll have to reorganise my DVDís.

microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 12:27 AM Edit Post
Wrestlemana 20 should have a release date by April 27, so maybe a full wrestlemania box-set featuring all 20 may not be far off.

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 07:31 AM Edit Post
Laner - You can check out the dvd's from www.silvervision.co.uk - its about $25 per dvd (3 and 4 come in one box-set).

Yes, it was sarcasm. I remember the tears when hart was on everyone's shoulders - that was THE moment I went from being 'casual fan' to 'die-hard fan'.

Wrestlemania 20 is not out in the UK untill June, which means the states should have it in May. I dont think they'll ever release a box set of all twenty wrestlemania's, it would cost WAY too much - I remember the VHS Wrestlemania: The Legacy boxset, 1- 14 on video was over £100, and no-one bought it. Its a cool idea, but they'll be released seperately.

AriestheRam
Showstopper

Posts 566
Registered 3-27-2003
Location Madison, WI

Mood: Cold

posted on 4-5-2004 at 08:43 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Laner

Good question. Does anyone know if these are some different format that won't work in American DVD players? I'm basically ignorant as to the specifics of the technology involved, but if they'll work over here I might think about ordering some of those sets.

Have you noticed that in every group of people there is a guy who just knows shit? He has no explanation for how he knows it or any reason to know it, he just knows shit. Be careful around that guy, he is thinking of ways to kill you.

For some odd reason I am on Twitter. You can follow me @BPF32781

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AriestheRam 's Aim   AriestheRam 's Yahoo
shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 4-5-2004 at 02:48 PM Edit Post
I have the old KOR 1993 Video Cassette, I got a pirated edition even before it was officially launched.

Those who have not seen KOR 1993 must buy it. There are some good matches in there - Hart versus Razor, Hogan versus Yokozuna (For the Drama), Shawn versus Crush, Bret versus Bigelow.

But the best is Perfect versus Bret - 21 minutes of some of the best inring action you will ever see.

I am glad this will be out on DVD.

Stuck in the 1980s.

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 03:02 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by AriestheRam
quote:
Originally posted by Laner

Good question. Does anyone know if these are some different format that won't work in American DVD players? I'm basically ignorant as to the specifics of the technology involved, but if they'll work over here I might think about ordering some of those sets.

They may be Region 2 encoded (as most UK discs are), which don't generally work on Region 1 (i.e. North America) players. But you can buy region-free DVD players, copy and re-encode the DVD (which I intend to do), or hack your existing player to be region-free. Check dvdrhelp.com for more info.

The_Insider
Banned

Posts 78
Registered 3-30-2004
Location Idiotville

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 03:08 PM Edit Post
Dibiase was supposed to win WMIV and go into a program with Hogan. Things changed because Honky refused to drop the IC title to Savage (I remember their long feud seemed rather pointless).

Honky told me once that he didn't refuse to job to Savage but at that time Vince knew he wanted to push Warrior and wanted Honky to stay strong for the evental put over of the Warrior.

Don't know what to believe...but Dibiase was scheduled to be world champion at WMIV

This is not a public forum - it's a forum for ignorant fanboys who have no clue what the business is about and have no desire to know. Why don't you all start a backyard fed together - you have that mentality.

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 4-5-2004 at 03:39 PM Edit Post
I don't know about that Name Dropper M.D.

Does anyone else believe that Honky had the kind of pull to veto a Savage win? Savage was fairly tight with Hogan at that time. The story I have heard (from people more reliable than a fake wrestling promoter) is that Hogan didn't think it was right for a heel to win the main event of Wrestlemania.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-24-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 4-5-2004 at 05:37 PM Edit Post
Well, Jack Tunney use to leak info to the Toronto Sun and that sports section did have Dibase pencilled in to win the tourney. Something happened because Tunney also released info that NBC would broadcast the Hogan/Andre rematch months before it was announced on tv. The sports writer also vieled things by saying "wouldn't it be historic if Hulk's reign came to an end on national tv?". I still have article. The only thing however, is that Savage's win was also sloppily leaked in the wwf mag. So who knows?

New Topic New Poll

go to top