The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Stupid Canadian Money !!!
mcian
Banned

Posts 744
Registered 4-30-2002

Mood: Tactless

posted on 3-17-2004 at 07:47 PM Edit Post
Stupid Canadian Money !!!

I think that it is time to bring back both the $1 and $2 bills. We have tried these coins and frankly they are just stupid. I just spent a week in the US and it was so much better not carrying around 3 pounds of change after paying for something with a $5. While the coinage may last longer and save the country a few bucks it is such as pain in the ass. If the government is looking to save money they can do it elsewhere.

"you are just a piece of shit who probably has no fucking life and no fucking friends so you spend all your time online thinking you are cool."

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 3-17-2004 at 08:30 PM Edit Post
Yeah, what do you guys do at strip clubs? Plunk a $1 coin in her ass crack or what?

Personally, I'd chuck it at her head, hoping to leave a nasty welt.

!

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 3-17-2004 at 09:15 PM Edit Post
FFC: You know that game "Quarters" where you try to flip a quarter into a shot glass? Well use your imagination.

mcian: I am really getting sick of your bitching and moaning so I will say this again. If you hate Canada so much and think America is so much better, fucking get off your pissy ass and MOVE THERE.

You won't be missed.

[Edited on 3-17-2004 by 2HoT]

Who wants soup?

Operation Pajama Pants
Showstopper

Posts 997
Registered 2-23-2004

Mood: Shmood

posted on 3-17-2004 at 09:23 PM Edit Post
the only problem i have with your stupid coins is their names.

loonies and toonies??? come on man. what were you thinking?

Official Poster Of The OOForum's 100,000th Post.

borntorun: getting punched in the cock by a naked guy is pretty arousing.

Visit OOWF.com!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Pajama+Pants 's Aim
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 3-17-2004 at 09:27 PM Edit Post
A loonie is called a loonie because it has a picture of a loon on one side. A toonie is called a toonie because toonie rhymes with loonie and it is worth two dollars. It has a picture of a polar bear on one side so what would you have us call it? A bearie? That's just stupid.

Who wants soup?

mcian
Banned

Posts 744
Registered 4-30-2002

posted on 3-17-2004 at 09:45 PM Edit Post
The whole concept of the $1 and $2 coins is stupid.

2Hot - i am offering an opinion on some aspects of Canada which I do not like. This is what people are supposed to do in a democratic nation and you tell me to get out, FUCK YOU.

"you are just a piece of shit who probably has no fucking life and no fucking friends so you spend all your time online thinking you are cool."

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 3-17-2004 at 09:58 PM Edit Post
No mcian, FUCK YOU.

There is a difference between offering an opinion and bashing. Pretty much every thread you have started in here that even remotely relates to Canada expresses terrible you feel it is. Show me one post you have made about what is good about Canada.

Maybe you are content to stand on your soap box and make caluminous expressions of distain but guess what? I also live in a democratic country. As such, I am entitled to call you to task for the bullshit that comes out of your fingers.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just say whatever we liked with out fear of reprecussion?

Who wants soup?

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 3-17-2004 at 10:23 PM Edit Post
Or perhaps if your opinions consisted of anything more than "I know that this makes sense, helps our country and/our saves money... but it just pisses me off" you'd get a little bit less hostility.

Really. YOU said so yourself that the coins save money and are more durable... so why exactly are they "stupid"? Because you don't like carrying change? Maybe you should actually present an intelligent and fully thought out opinion before declaring your right to do so.

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 3-17-2004 at 10:27 PM Edit Post
quote:

Lucky said
Maybe you should actually present an intelligent and fully thought out opinion before declaring your right to do so.

THANK YOU.

This guy has bugged the shit out of me since he started here for the very reason you stated above.

!

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 3-17-2004 at 10:31 PM Edit Post
Yea, Mcian, with all due respect you just have a case of the "bad delivery" disease. Many of your posts are filled with it. There are things you could do to diffuse some of your comments. Make them sound more like a discussion than a condemnation.

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1889
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 3-17-2004 at 10:44 PM Edit Post
To paraphrase Bret Hart, only substitute 'America' for 'Canada':

"I was told in America that you should love it or leave it. I left."

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 3-18-2004 at 03:07 AM Edit Post
Here's the thing...it's harder to make a fake coin then bill.Work in retail too long and you'll see afreaking fake fiver (missing the brail, no golden print, and a couple of other problems)...

Also, keep in mind that on average most transactions in Canada are debit or credit...so the coins are only an evil if you don't carry plastic.

Really the big issue is Tim Hortons not having debit. Carrying change around so you can get a double double is a pain!!

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 3-18-2004 at 03:24 AM Edit Post
Remember a few years ago in the USA they came out with those Sacajawea gold dollar coins or whatever and said they were gonna phase out dollar bills? HA! I've seen exactly TWO of those coins in my life, and both times they were given to me as change and I promptly told them to give me a bill instead of this goofy Chucky Cheese token.

I heard somewhere that everyone basically horded the coins when they came out, expecting them to be some big collectors items one day and that's why you don't see them anymore. Can anyone follow up on this?

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 3-18-2004 at 03:39 AM Edit Post
I've got 20 of them sitting in front of me. No real "hoarding" reason. Its just that whenever I got one (I gather it might be more common to get them as change in New York City than Columbus) I just tossed them in my change cup rather than my wallet (where the rest of my singles went). I've also got a roll of $2 bills my father did the same with.

I do believe that they are still being printed (pressed?) today... its just that everyone did what you or I said and ended up tossing them in a coffee tin (either intentionally or not). But this guy blames the banks and vending companies for not adapting to help the $67 million marketing effort.

[Edited on 3-18-2004 by LuckyLopez]

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 3-18-2004 at 06:17 AM Edit Post
I personally like coins over bills actually, because they are more compact, and you can carry a lot of them around…

just my two cents..

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

Operation Pajama Pants
Showstopper

Posts 997
Registered 2-23-2004

Mood: Shmood

posted on 3-18-2004 at 07:15 AM Edit Post
you think you can carry more coins that bills? do you walk around with a satchel or something?

personally, i hate coins. but i also hate mcian. so i'm a little torn in this thread.

Official Poster Of The OOForum's 100,000th Post.

borntorun: getting punched in the cock by a naked guy is pretty arousing.

Visit OOWF.com!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Pajama+Pants 's Aim
Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-18-2004 at 07:32 AM Edit Post
You know what I don't hate? Beer. Especially on St. Patty's Day. Especially when a hot chick with no drama wants to do you. Scott knows what I mean. Hooray for hot chicks with no drama, hooray for beer, hooray for the USA and Canada. HUZZAH!!!!

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 3-18-2004 at 07:59 AM Edit Post
Good to see your night turned around there Chris.

Perhaps Microplay carries his loonies around in a sporran. If so, his theory would hold true.

And as you and I both know, the world judges a man by the size of his sporran.

Who wants soup?

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12821
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 3-18-2004 at 09:24 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Is Good517
Hooray for hot chicks with no drama,

That's just an urban legend. They don't exist.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
mcian
Banned

Posts 744
Registered 4-30-2002

posted on 3-18-2004 at 02:31 PM Edit Post
Ok yes I bring up problems that I have with my country cause frankly it is in the shitter. We have a crumbling infrastructure, health-care that, while free, sucks cause you spend so long on a wait list for diagnosis or surgery. Out government waste billions ever year on programs to make Quebecers feel good about being a part of Canada (and $100 million goes to friends of the government). So when I insult the government (any level) I have a good fucking reason too.

I brought up the fact that we have moved to a coinage system because I think that it was a stupid idea. While coins may last longer they cost more to produce. I believe that moving to coins instead of the $1 and $2 bill was a stupid move by the government and should be re-considered. I brought this up because I spent a week on holiday in the US recently and realized that carrying around a bunch of extra change is a pain in the ass the Canadians should have to do without.

Quote from 2Hot

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just say whatever we liked with out fear of reprecussion?

Actually that is the society that we do live in. Our Charter of Rights and Freedoms allow us to say whatever the fuck we want (with the exception of threats). So Yes 2Hot I will stand on my soapbox and say whatever the fuck I want. If you do not like it you are free to disagree but do not say that I can speak my mind.

In response to the forgery point that was brought up. I do not think that many people have bothered to fake a $1 or $2 bill. They are not worth the effort. Most forgeries are done with the $50 or $100 (and that is why no stores in Canada take the $100 anymore). Sometimes $20’s.

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 3-18-2004 at 02:58 PM Edit Post
Yes, freedom of speech grants us the right to say what we want. And yes, you can do so without legal reprecussions. But as far as getting chewed out by a message board full of people goes, I'm sorry my friend, you are in no safe haven. Honestly, the people who quote freedom of speech the most are the people who are the least willing to grant it.

MCIAN: Canada sucks because I hate it.

2Hot: Shut the fuck up and leave

MCIAN: THIS IS DEMOCRACY!!! I DEMAND SPEECH FREEDOMS!!! YOU CANNOT TELL ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!

Do you see how mundane this gets? If you say stupid things, people will criticize. Freedom of speech afterall.

mcian
Banned

Posts 744
Registered 4-30-2002

posted on 3-18-2004 at 03:05 PM Edit Post
I agree he can tell me to shut the fuck up all he wants to. But he states that we can say whatever we want without fear ot reprecussions and that is what I am doing.

His reaction is to tell me to shut the fuck up and leave canada. I think that a healthy discussion of the problems facing our nations will present solutions not everyone who hates one aspect of it leaving because someone tells them too.

I do not give two shits if everyone on this board chews me out, I am a little upset that OPP says he hates me, as in personally rather than just my opinions but hey that is life right.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 3-18-2004 at 04:53 PM Edit Post
"I think that a healthy discussion of the problems facing our nations will present solutions"

First off, you started a rant, not a discussion. And it was a rant on an issue that really isn't a problem. Seriously Canadian's don't pay in cash as much as we once did, and most people aren't walking around withh 20 bucks of change in their pockets. And really, if you get 3lbs of change from buying something with a fiver...then somebody messed up.

But just for an argumnet, could we get all the fellow Canadian poster to say how much loose change they have on them...and if it's really that annoying to them?

I have $4.18 right now...and it's no more annoying then having to carry a set of keys is.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 3-18-2004 at 05:10 PM Edit Post
3 points:

First, not once did I tell you to shut up. I told you that if you were going to spout a bunch of defamitory bullshit, then I was going to call you on the carpet for it. That is what I meant by reprecussion. Have I mentioned that I fucking hate it when people feel they can get away with making whatever innane viputerative statements they like and then indignantly cry "opinion!" "opinion!" when called to task? It's cowardly. If you are going to make a statement, you should be prepared to back it up without having to run and hide behind the Constitution. Doing so just leads me to believe that you don't really feel very strongly about your own position.

Second, I have heard you mention this [booming voice] Vacation In America [/booming voice] a few times now and from every account you have made, America seems like paradise to you. I could care less if you move there or not but it seems to me that you would sure be a lot happier if you did. It doesn't make sense that you would stay somewhere you clearly hate when (in your view) there is somewhere so much better. Also, I refuse to sit idly by and let you run down the place that I love.

Third, On a message board, your posts are you personally. Learn the difference.

Who wants soup?

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 3-18-2004 at 05:20 PM Edit Post
Just to respond to BFG's request, currently I have $9.42 in my pocket and you know what? It's mosly quarters. Would you have us create a 25 cent bill? It would sure make MY pocket lighter.

Fuck payphones, buskers, parking meters, and vending machines. It's really all about light pockets.

Seriously mcian, if your pockets are really too heavy, support your local busking community. If you don't have one where you live, try dropping some change in the charity of the week can at your local grocery store or Tim Hortons. I am sure the children would appreciate it.

Who wants soup?

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top