GO DAYTON FLYERS!!!
Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Brock gone along with Goldberg after Mania?
promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-25-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-9-2004 at 02:18 AM Edit Post
Oh, I would not say today's stars have it harder then 10-15 years ago. Yes, there is perhaps more stiff work with chairs and whatnot, but that is not done to the extent of the ppv shows on a weekly basis. I clearly remember Hogan coming to Maple Leaf Gardens on a MONTHLY basis. In fact, there would be 2-3 shows a night every day of the week including the Christmas schedule. I think some are forgetting these guys get the Christmas holidays. In the 80's I remember Tunney would hold special tourneys on boxing day. These guys had to actually wrestle on boxing day. I don't think they do that nowadays. An off season would do wonders for both the talent and the creative team, but I also see why they don't do it. As we know when wrestling is hot it's hot and when it's cold it's cold. Taking a break during its hot periods could cost them some serious cash. I think Taker should get a nice run this year under his old school guise, but why not feud him with people we haven't seen with. You got Orton as an example. The legend killer against the legend. If Hogan had to help out in 2002, I think Taker should to. It makes no sense for Lesnar to job back to Taker. What for? They are pushing that there is a new beginning upon us and jobbing the future stars to Taker is counterproductive and I am a mark for old school Taker.
microplay_24
The Great One

Posts 3193
Registered 1-10-2004
Location Toronto, Ontario

Mood:

posted on 3-9-2004 at 02:22 AM Edit Post
I think the fed could do one of 3 things to lighten the touring schedules:

a) ACTUALLY cut down on the touring dates, and give the roster a lesser load to deal with.

b) Give each brand an alternate week to do house shows (ie: have the RAW roster do tours one week, and the SD! roster do tours the next, and just have them alternate every other week).

c) Maybe have 2 weeks off at exactly the 6-month mark of the year, in which case there can be recaps of each brand and their respective show on all the actual storylines that went down leading up to the half-way mark of the year.

Just some ideas, as the touring schedules really do seem to be a little too much for the roster…after all, they have NO off season.

Microplay - first ever OOWF World Heavyweight Champion

Owner of The "Reggie IC" #002
2004 bOOardies - Breakthrough Poster of The Year

chucky_13
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 13
Registered 2-3-2004
Location MN

Mood: bLa

posted on 3-9-2004 at 06:22 AM Edit Post
Brock sucks and he's a little baby boy who has to have everything handed to him. Now he thinks he is better and he should get whatever he wants. Yeah IMO he sucks. He used to be ok but now he sucks.

Signature

promoter2003
The Rowdy One

Posts 2215
Registered 1-25-2003

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-9-2004 at 06:41 AM Edit Post
I wonder if this is the new work again? This info comes out the week of Mania when a group of fans know Goldberg is in the same kind of situation. Kudos, to the company if it is as it sure would help lower the chances of Lesnar getting cheered on sunday.
fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 3-9-2004 at 07:22 AM Edit Post
I also wonder if this was floated around so it actually adds suspense to the Brock-Goldberg match? Just a thought...
Drunknow
Banned

Posts 99
Registered 7-4-2003

Mood:

posted on 3-9-2004 at 01:32 PM Edit Post
[Edited on 3-9-2004 by ModSquad]
ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 3-9-2004 at 01:59 PM Edit Post
Look! It's the asshole who wrote:

quote:
99% of people on OnlineOnslaught are idiots. And that's just the columnists!

10,000% of message board posters on OnlineOnslaught are fucking retards. 10,000%.

There are a few cool people on OnlineOnslaught, but even they are retards because they have very annoying signatures.

I'm not saying you should get a social life so much as I'm saying you're fucking retarded idiots. You pieces of shit.

Why did you come back? You were one of the few people who was told to go away and actually DID it, without being banned. Obviously I overestimated you.

And now you're back with a signature that might fall on either side of "Completely Fucking Moronic" and "Making Fun of Rick and OnlineOnslaught." Either way, fuck off.

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

madiq
Crusader for Pure Truth

Posts 2131
Registered 7-5-2002
Location Brooklyn, New York, the capital of the Universe

Mood:

posted on 3-9-2004 at 03:08 PM Edit Post
The topic at hand...

I knew this would happen. The depleted Smackdown roster, the cycling through main eventers as champ, without building up new rivalries along the way has kind of caught up to Brock. Like it or not, he is the new Hogan. And while I think that he is charismatic enough to play running scared, (after all, he did it for Holly) he needs a program where neither guy completely dominates the other. Undertaker, in my opinion, isn't a good fit for Smackdown anymore. RAW has a slew of "damaged goods" performers who have jobbed enough to not have their characters hurt by being squashed by the Dead Man, and Taker should go there. A HHH-Taker feud at some point would be TONS more interesting than Lesnar-Taker AGAIN.

That said, Brock might be burned out, and might need a break. And here's an important point: With more main eventers, guys should be able to take a month off, refreshed, revitalized, and ready to work, with someone else filling in. Let's remember, it was during the Undertaker layabout that Guerrero got his spot to shine.

And a part of me does wonder about The New Work. Most of us assume that Goldberg will lose, but now, with this controversy, the result isn't so clear. And that's how they like it...

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   madiq 's Aim
OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 3-9-2004 at 08:13 PM Edit Post
I almost feel silly telling you folks to consider the source, but really-

Consider the source.

Stand back! There's a HURRICANE coming through! Several, in fact!

metallikid
The Immortal One

Posts 4898
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Orlando, Florida

Mood: Super

posted on 3-10-2004 at 12:59 AM Edit Post
Don't believe everything you read. Maybe its just me but this sounds like horse shit to me.

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

maclen
Showstopper

Posts 666
Registered 9-10-2003
Location 22 Acacia Ave

Mood: for a day

posted on 3-10-2004 at 06:17 PM Edit Post
Brock screwed Brock and Goldberg, and Goldberg screwed... (ah! forget it...)

So now that Brock said he wants to be a football player, how will the lame duck main event be handled? It would be funny if Austin stunnered both, and then Bob Holly came to beat up on both, then have Edge clean house.

I suck at this....

maclen

Rising From Darkness where hell hath no mercy and the screams of vengeance echo on forever, only those who keep the faith shall escape the wrath of The Metallian...
Master of all Metal

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
StratDweller
Banned

Posts 71
Registered 2-2-2004

Mood:

posted on 3-10-2004 at 07:49 PM Edit Post
They get two weeks off at christmas.

I am sure if Brock needed a couple of weeks off to recharge, WWE would have happily granted him the time.

They should sue him for breach.

Shaggy
The Great One

Posts 3225
Registered 12-21-2002

Mood:

posted on 3-10-2004 at 09:16 PM Edit Post
This sounds too outlandish to be fake, under the truth is stranger than fiction category. That being said - I'll believe it when I see it.

As far as any breach of contract - people retire from their contracts all of the time. Broch Lesnar is retirning from Pro-Wrestling, no harm - no foul.

With Bill Goldbergs string of absences and now this - if at all true, the WWE would be better off making it a retirement match and have the end come when Austin stunners both and thus reitres both. Or they could just cancel the match.

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 3-10-2004 at 09:31 PM Edit Post
I havea question for the doubters, namely Kyle. What source would you believe? If ByteThis said that Brock was considering football, would that be enough? Do you actually need Brock to come to your house and tell you?

I'm not one that beleives the sheets generally. But, my senses aren't being spiked on this one. There's a lot of sources picking it, and saying the same thing.

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 3-10-2004 at 09:35 PM Edit Post
A lot of sources may be picking the same source. You know how the sheets work...one site reports something and ten others copy it without giving credit. Suddenly everyone has this supposed information from different sources so it seems credible.

Like Kyle said...consider the source. Consider it closely.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 3-10-2004 at 10:37 PM Edit Post
So, if the source was WWE, you'd buy it?

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

OOMatt
Crazy Go Nuts

Posts 1234
Registered 12-19-2002
Location St. Paul

Mood: Greatest Mood

posted on 3-11-2004 at 01:26 AM Edit Post
SABLE?!

Oh, Brock, nonononoNO! Your wife was even kind of attractive!

Ugh.

Didn't she give you any useful career advice?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   OOMatt 's Aim
ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 3-11-2004 at 02:49 AM Edit Post
People seem to be posting the same things in this thread and the other "WTF?--New Lesnar Rumors" thread. So to save folks some time from having to hold the same argument in two places, I'm closing this thread.

If people REALLY need it to be open (and I don't know why you would), I can reopen it.

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top