The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Marge Schott dies
Pistol Pez
I am a pathetic troll

Posts 723
Registered 5-11-2002
Location Ohio

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-2-2004 at 10:41 PM Edit Post
Marge Schott dies

She had faults that were well publicized, and I'll not dwell on them today. She was an owner who loved baseball and who you always felt was trying to put a good product on the field for the fans. The games I went to, she sat right behind the dugout and spent as much time signing autographs for kids as she did watching the game and it wasn't uncommon for her to spend an hour or so on WLW taking calls from the fans. Overall, I'd say we need more sports owners like her in that respect.

FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 3-2-2004 at 10:53 PM Edit Post
RIP Marge, you made your mark.

!

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 3-3-2004 at 12:23 AM Edit Post
Yeah, the sport definitely needs more owners who were suspended three times for racial and ethnic slurs and who thought Hitler was not such a bad guy he just went a little overboard in the end.

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 3-3-2004 at 01:36 AM Edit Post
C'mon, be fair, EE. Pez DID say "in that respect." He's right. Schott genuinely cared about her team and franchise and about winning. And if you put aside the moral/ethnical side of things and compare Cincinatti's current ownership to hers its pretty weighted in her favor.

But there were a world of things wrong with her, all of which we already know and the game is most assuredly better off without her. But it serves no purpose to recount them on the day she died.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by LuckyLopez]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

posted on 3-3-2004 at 01:42 AM Edit Post
Fair enough.

Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
Pistol Pez
I am a pathetic troll

Posts 723
Registered 5-11-2002
Location Ohio

posted on 3-3-2004 at 02:47 AM Edit Post
doublee - I am perfectly overjoyed to have your hateful ramblings on my thread. Thank you for your input. You rock. I hear your mother is a lovely person, also.

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

posted on 3-3-2004 at 03:10 AM Edit Post
Yeah, thanks. Why don't you bite me. Where in my post did I say anything directed towards you personally. So you did not like the post say so, but you did not have to throw in the little dig about my mother at the end.

Since when is posting the truth a hateful rambling? I was more than willing to back off.

Doublee's Sports Blog

Pistol Pez
I am a pathetic troll

Posts 723
Registered 5-11-2002
Location Ohio

posted on 3-3-2004 at 01:56 PM Edit Post
Your hate and anger are perfectly welcome in this otherwise friendly thread. I am sincerely sorry for mentioning your dear mother. You are a great person.

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

posted on 3-3-2004 at 05:28 PM Edit Post
Whatever dude, I don't know what bug crawled up your butt.

Doublee's Sports Blog

Pistol Pez
I am a pathetic troll

Posts 723
Registered 5-11-2002
Location Ohio

posted on 3-3-2004 at 06:11 PM Edit Post
ee - I began a thread with full acknowledgement of Marge's mistakes. But as an imperfect person myself, who would like to be remembered for more than my faults, I thought I'd try honoring Marge for all the good she was. She got pub for certain events, but I'd like to think we are more than the sum of all our bad publicity. Apparently, you were hurt by Marge in some way, and I'm terribly sorry she damaged you so much that you need to dwell on the negative. Since You need to vent that venom somewhere, it will do no harm on this thread of peace and joy. I'm glad to be here so to draw your abuse, so you will have less anger and more love to give to those close to you.

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

posted on 3-3-2004 at 06:38 PM Edit Post
Well, personally I think you are overreacting just a bit and you are the one who escalated into making personal towards me where I did not. I merely pointed out a foibale of the person. Did I say she was the most horrible person in the world and deserved to die? No, I don't think so. A lot worse could have been said to classify my post as hatred, anger, and venom seems a bit excessive. I understand that you did not like the post. But, whereas Lucky responded in a civilized manner you chose to be a jerk-off about in your initial response and take it to a personal level rather than just attacking the post itself.

Doublee's Sports Blog

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 3-3-2004 at 07:40 PM Edit Post
Ah, Marge Schott... dead and STILL bringing out the class in people

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

Pistol Pez
I am a pathetic troll

Posts 723
Registered 5-11-2002
Location Ohio

posted on 3-3-2004 at 08:43 PM Edit Post
I've said nothing but nice things about you. I'm sorry that you find that disagreeable. If being nice offends you, then I shall stop.

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 3-3-2004 at 08:55 PM Edit Post
You know, Pez... in my eyes you've done about 5 times as much damage to the nature of this thread as doublee ever did. EE stepped off long before you turned this into a juvenile exchange with your disingenuous routine. You're trolling in a thread designed to mourn a loss... a thread which you started. I don't even know how to interpret that.

And really, it was almost cute the first few times... now you sound like a scolded teenager pouting about because he thinks everyone else is so unfair.

Chris, I must admit that even though it made me feel very insensitive and crude I couldn't help but laugh out loud at that one.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 3-3-2004 at 10:01 PM Edit Post
Good thinking, Pez. You got temp banned for being a troll. Now you've come back to do nothing but be a "turn the other cheek troll"--making fun of someone, then "forgiving" them when they get mad at you.

12 out of your 16 posts have fallen into that category. That's a real bang-up job.

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 3-4-2004 at 05:35 PM Edit Post
TTP/STD/GWB/whatever didn't hijack Pez's ID, too, did he?

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

New Topic New Poll

go to top