The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Top ECW Moments
hfalk28
rOOkie

Posts 38
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-31-2002 at 04:37 PM Edit Post
Top ECW Moments

1. Shane Douglas taking one of the Pitbulls and shaking them around by that neckbrace mechanism he was wearing. Joey Styles' reaction made it more memorable.
2. Sandman whipping Tommy Dreamer with his belt ten times after a match and Woman telling Dreamer that all he had to do to avoid further whippings was to kiss her feet. "Thank you sir, may I have another!"
3. The Jerry Lawler angle when him, RVD, and Sabu had beaten up the entire babyface side of the ECW locker room....until Taz came out.
4. The night the Sandman came back from WCW. Hack my a_s! They had announced that a former champion would be returning and Mikey Whipwreck wrestled early in the night. Everybody assumed it was him....and then the lights went out...and Enter Sandman blared through the sound system.
5. When Rick Rude's mystery opponent for Shane Douglas was his own triple threat partner Bam Bam Bigelow.

I know I'm missing a bunch....feel free to add your own. Text

Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 4-1-2002 at 07:35 AM Edit Post
I never followed ECW too closely, but I was a fan of the product, if that makes any sense. I just couldn't stand sitting there and watching those looooong-ass interviews and the thousand commercials in exchange for two matches. I really can only stand the PPVs.

But, either way, the highlight that sticks with me is the one where Cactus calls for a chair and everyone chucks their chair into the ring... What was even cooler was when this was re-done at the last PPV they had.... My other big memory was also at that PPV, when Rhino ended the night with both titles. Ph34r!!1

ponyslayer
And I am AWESOME

Posts 115
Registered 1-29-2002

posted on 4-2-2002 at 09:47 PM Edit Post
Steve-omania!!! it still kills me today to see one of The Public Enemy guy's reaction when he walked by!

Brian Pillman wanting to whip out his Johnson was another fav of mine

And I can't help but have a guilty pleasure is a lot of New Jack's promos. I didn't know if I should be scared or to laugh.

DennisIsEvil
Showstopper

Posts 631
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 4-2-2002 at 11:53 PM Edit Post
I still remember when Taz and Bam Bam Bigelow went through that ring it was too awesome. I also remember a houseshow in Pittsburgh I went to where Tommy dreamer and Raven had a street fight. In the section I was sitting in somebody left a tray of nachos. It got used and everybody in the section got hit with cheese. Nobody but Nobody does houseshows like ECW did. What else was cool about that show was outside the David L. Lawrence convention center ECW left a garbage can outside for fans to leave weapons. God I miss ECW.

Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 4-3-2002 at 08:01 AM Edit Post
Which show was it that had the ***** Raven/Stevie vs the Pitbulls match? I've been wanting to get that tape from a trader for a while, but I can't remember which show it was.

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
dw1
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 99
Registered 1-5-2002
Location nyc

posted on 4-3-2002 at 07:37 PM Edit Post
I went to a show at the ECW Arena and New Jack jumped off the 2nd floor balcony and bearly hit his opponent and his head hit the concrete floor.It was really brutal.
Then i was at a show in a ice hocky rink in Warrington Pa. and Bubba Ray Dudley had been hit with a chair in the nose by RVD. He was bleeding pretty bad from it and the crowd had been giving him a ton of crap. So he looked out at them and blew a snot/blodd luger in their direction.Nasty..ohh yeah a few min later a fan (who ironically was screaming fat ass at Bubba all night, when he himself was bastion booger size) got STUPID and decided to push and scream at Bubba as he faught out in the crowd...Bad move cause Bubba crushed the guy with a forearm and and sent him tumbling to the ground and into a bunch of chairs as his friends all laughed.The best part was that it wasnt a plant. I went to school with the guy and he was really mortified because of the entire ordeal.

NoNameRequired
Banned

Posts 190
Registered 2-5-2002

posted on 4-3-2002 at 09:13 PM Edit Post
My all time favorite ECW moment had to be when they decided to shut down that worthless promotion once and for all.
hfalk28
rOOkie

Posts 38
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 4-4-2002 at 01:21 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoNameRequired
My all time favorite ECW moment had to be when they decided to shut down that worthless promotion once and for all.

I guess it's people like you that are the reason behind Vince McMahon's millions. Keep on enjoying the Undertaker and Hulk Hogan, okay?

NoNameRequired
Banned

Posts 190
Registered 2-5-2002

posted on 4-4-2002 at 12:51 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by hfalk28
quote:

I guess it's people like you that are the reason behind Vince McMahon's millions. Keep on enjoying the Undertaker and Hulk Hogan, okay?

The guys that have been doing it for 15 years and 25 years respectively? Thanks I do believe I will.

CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss
Banned

Posts 219
Registered 1-5-2002
Location Pittsburgh,PA Home of the Steelers

posted on 4-4-2002 at 11:40 PM Edit Post
you must forgive NoNameRequired guys he isn't allowed to watch anything that involves violence. His problem is being born, let that be an example to use birth control you get pud slappers like him and Eli in here making flaming fags of themselves on our forums.

Imagine 12 years ago if ELIs mom just said "NO!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Yahoo
hfalk28
rOOkie

Posts 38
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 4-5-2002 at 01:10 AM Edit Post
NoNamerequired, no disrespect intended. I just like wresters that.... you know actually wrestle....and ECW really brought "wrestling" to the forefront. If you like....well, basically big guys that can talk reasonably well....that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I might be wrong here, but for the most part people that frequent this sight would prefer half hour matches between Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn or Taz and Shane Douglas as opposed to a 15 minute flexing session with the Hulkster.
One last comment....I've been to live WWF cards and live ECW cards and I base what I'm saying more so on "live" product moreso then tv. One question, when ECW was around, did you ever go see it live?

NoNameRequired
Banned

Posts 190
Registered 2-5-2002

posted on 4-5-2002 at 12:51 PM Edit Post
quote:
NoNamerequired, no disrespect intended. I just like wresters that.... you know actually wrestle....and ECW really brought "wrestling" to the forefront. If you like....well, basically big guys that can talk reasonably well....that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I might be wrong here, but for the most part people
that frequent this sight would prefer half hour matches between Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn or Taz and Shane Douglas as opposed to a 15 minute flexing session with the Hulkster.
One last comment....I've been to live WWF cards and live ECW cards and I base what I'm saying more so on "live" product moreso then tv. One question, when ECW was around, did you ever go see it live?

Sure did. In 1998 I saw a show at high school gym just outside of Pittsburgh. It is quite remarkable how short those guys really are. That was the problem with the promotion. Read the idiot's article on the main page. In a not so eloquent way he says it all. Size sells. No matter what the internet "smarts" think, they are in the minority. 9 out of 10 people (including myself) would rather see Hogan, Undertaker, or the Rock. I would rather see these guys because they have size and personality. Tazz has the personality of a sidewalk and is built like a firehydrant for god's sake. That is why he is an announcer and not a headliner. Look guys, the marquis says "Sports Entertainment", not rasslin'. If it were still rasslin' there would be no Monday Night Raw or Smackdown. You can thank guys like Hogan, Undertaker, Austin, Rock and HHH for that.

By the way, none of those guys ever performed a corkscrew moonsault.

NoNameRequired
Banned

Posts 190
Registered 2-5-2002

posted on 4-5-2002 at 12:54 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss
you must forgive NoNameRequired guys he isn't allowed to watch anything that involves violence. His problem is being born, let that be an example to use birth control you get pud slappers like him and Eli in here making flaming fags of themselves on our forums.

Imagine 12 years ago if ELIs mom just said "NO!"

Wow, quite eloquent. Pud slapper? Flaming Fag? Surely a bone-smuggling, rectum-recking, mud-shark like yourself could think of something more original.

CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss
Banned

Posts 219
Registered 1-5-2002
Location Pittsburgh,PA Home of the Steelers

posted on 4-5-2002 at 10:29 PM Edit Post
okay Noname put the SouthPark insult book away you hurt my feelings now. If I made a dork of myself like you do I wouldn't want to state my name either
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Yahoo
hfalk28
rOOkie

Posts 38
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 4-5-2002 at 11:33 PM Edit Post
quote:
quote:
NoNamerequired, no disrespect intended. I just like wresters that.... you know actually wrestle....and ECW really brought "wrestling" to the forefront. If you like....well, basically big guys that can talk reasonably well....that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I might be wrong here, but for the most part people
that frequent this sight would prefer half hour matches between Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn or Taz and Shane Douglas as opposed to a 15 minute flexing session with the Hulkster.

Sure did. In 1998 I saw a show at high school gym just outside of Pittsburgh. It is quite remarkable how short those guys really are. That was the problem with the promotion. Read the idiot's article on the main page. In a not so eloquent way he says it all. Size sells. No matter what the internet "smarts" think, they are in the minority. 9 out of 10 people (including myself) would rather see Hogan, Undertaker, or the Rock. I would rather see these guys because they have size and personality. Tazz has the personality of a sidewalk and is built like a firehydrant for god's sake. That is why he is an announcer and not a headliner. Look guys, the marquis says "Sports Entertainment", not rasslin'. If it were still rasslin' there would be no Monday Night Raw or Smackdown. You can thank guys like Hogan, Undertaker, Austin, Rock and HHH for that.

By the way, none of those guys ever performed a corkscrew moonsault.

Made some good points, but there are two things you said that interest me.

1. You saw a card in Pittsburgh. I don't know how to say this properly but in the dozen or so cards I saw, there was a huge difference between taking the drive to Philly as opposed to going to a local house show. Part of what it made it special was how much the fans were a part of the action. I don't mean by handing the wrestlers weapons or anything like that, I just felt that going to a ECW show in Philly (or Queens, NY for that matter) that as fans we were part of the show, you just don't get that going to a WWF event. An example of this would be any of the times a wrestler (let's use the Sandman as an example here) would leave and then come back, it was as if they were coming.....home.
2. You made a comment about the height of the wrestlers in ECW was small for the most part. (remember 911? Brian Lee?) You are right.....if you go to ten people and show them a match between the Rock against let's say the Undertaker, nine of them would enjoy it more then a match between let's say Chris Benoit and Jeff Jarrett. It's those people who started watching when Hulkamania was in vogue in 84, and really thought it was cool when Mr. T and other celebrities became involved. My point is that if you ask ten "wrestling fans" which is the better match, you'd get the opposite result. They would recognize that height has nothing to do with how good a match is or more appropriately how good a wrestler is. It's moreso based on wrestling ability. As far as Taz goes, he cut some of the better promos I have ever seen in ECW (the one where he introduced the FTW belt stands out), just because the WWF doesn't realy know how to promote him shouldn't be held against him.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

ponyslayer
And I am AWESOME

Posts 115
Registered 1-29-2002

posted on 4-5-2002 at 11:36 PM Edit Post
I could probalby right a 3 page rant about this topic but it's not worth the effort. Facts are facts, Vince McMahon is a smart business man obviously since he's been around all this time. He got the WWF to be #1 by stealing other companies ideas and talent plain and simple. WWF Attitude was nothing more than ECW on a higher scale and higher budget. Paul E used violence and vulgarity to get publicity for their company noticed and it worked. If they didn't let New Jack do his balcony dives and staple guns and let Raven use the stop signs and barbed wire, do u think no one would've paid attention to the company especially when the majority of the undercard is busting 200% of their asses for a few hundred fans (at most) live....and coincidentally a lot of that undercard went on to bigger and better things in their career such as Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio Jr.

And if ECW was just another promotion that specalized in violence, how come other companies like CZW and XPW which do even more fucked up deathmatches and put their bodies in stupid predicaments that should never take place fail to rise up as a contender to the big boys? Cuz they don't have the chemistry that Heyman brought out and mixed together for his shows and I can't ever recall an ECW wrestler that just flat out did not wanna work. If there was he would've gotten his ass booed and laughed out of the building

then again i could be wrong

ponyslayer
And I am AWESOME

Posts 115
Registered 1-29-2002

posted on 4-5-2002 at 11:38 PM Edit Post
and sorry for the grammer errors in the previous rant...
snakeman99
ButtViper

Posts 5
Registered 1-10-2002

posted on 4-6-2002 at 12:12 AM Edit Post
Stairway to hell match

Sandman, Sabu, a ladder, a spool of barbed wire, and about 15 pints of spilt blood on the canvas. This thing was brutal. In an interview a year later, Joey Styles said that was probably the match that crossed the line (not the Mass Transit incident).

But it was amazing to watch.

DennisIsEvil
Showstopper

Posts 631
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 5-2-2002 at 07:49 PM Edit Post
Another funny moment at the ECW house show where me and the entire section got cheesed. Big Vito wrestled in ECW as Skull von Krush and all through out the match everybody chanted "PURPLE FAGGOT" at him about his purple tights.That was the last I saw of him in ECW. Also during the night one of the matches fans ripped the door off one of the stalls in the men's room. Man ECW shows were craziness. I said it before and I'll say it again God I miss ECW.

dw1
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 99
Registered 1-5-2002
Location nyc

posted on 5-2-2002 at 08:24 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisIsEvil
Also during the night one of the matches fans ripped the door off one of the stalls in the men's room. Man ECW shows were craziness. I said it before and I'll say it again God I miss ECW.

Hell yeah! The thing about ECW was that it was so much fun to be there live. You could get really close to the action, sometimes too close!It was great to be able to feel like you were part of the show. Thats what is missing from the WWF. If you ever go to a WWF live event the most rabid fans are in the cheap seats way up top.In ECW they were everywhere. Dont get me wrong I have a blast anytime I see WWF live, its all huge and circus like but ECW was nice cause it was more unpredictable and rowdy.

2ndtuenon_220
ButtViper

Posts 9
Registered 5-3-2002

posted on 5-9-2002 at 10:26 PM Edit Post
Kumona doing her strip routine .
Ok you want something a bit more meaty i got to say those blood battles of days gone by are the ones i think of when i think of ECW
The likes of the two barbed wire matches between Cactus and the Sandman

The various blood letting that went on between the Rottens

Sabu takeing the title from Funk in a barbed wire match

The Raven/ Dreamer fued

Other thing of note the Guerrero/Malenko classics

TPE/Gangstas fued

Oh damn im getting tearie eyed WHYWHYWHYWHY did my beloved E C DUB have to leave us .....

2ndtuenon_220
ButtViper

Posts 9
Registered 5-3-2002

posted on 5-9-2002 at 10:32 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by ponyslayer[/i

Brian Pillman wanting to whip out his Johnson was another fav of mine

Yeah Cyberslam 96 was a must see for me as well purly for the Pillman promo that guy sure could work a room and to think for many years before his loose cannon persona i thought he lack what it took to get over ... RIP Brian

cookie32723
ButtViper

Posts 7
Registered 5-12-2002

posted on 5-12-2002 at 07:10 AM Edit Post
Which show was it that had the ***** Raven/Stevie vs the Pitbulls match? I've been wanting to get that tape from a trader for a while, but I can't remember which show it was.
cookie32723
ButtViper

Posts 7
Registered 5-12-2002

posted on 5-12-2002 at 07:13 AM Edit Post

The show that you're talking about was Gangsta's Paradise on 9/16/95. That was an incredible match and an even better card. There are a lot of places you can get the tape, I have it too if you want to trade/buy it from me.

ThreepMe
ButtViper

Posts 3
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Dallas

posted on 5-13-2002 at 05:13 PM Edit Post
Best Tag Team match. Ever.

I thought the best Tag Team Match I've seen was Sabu/RVD vs. Jinsai Jinzaki and Hyabusa (pardon my spelling).

Granted, it was a big spot fest, but eventually Sabu pulled out the Hardcore psychology that made ECW great.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top