folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2004 at 01:15 AM Edit Post
the randy orton board

I know there are other OOites out there having fun on the Randy Orton board. I think we ought to keep it up. We've dealt with trolls, maybe we ought to hand some out this time. Besides, we're simply making logical points. What fun.

-"yermom"

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 1-10-2004 at 01:37 AM Edit Post
Logical points?! Shit! I'm jsut screwing with them!

JustinBMarking

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-9-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2004 at 01:59 AM Edit Post
heh - it's definitely entertaining, though trolling/flaming those folks is like shooting fish in a barrell. They're like O'Riley, only dumber.

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 1-10-2004 at 05:24 AM Edit Post
OK, where is this Randy Orton board?

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2004 at 05:26 AM Edit Post
Niles, there are links in the Comments About Other Sites forum, under the "My Friends at Randy Orton.net" thread.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 1-10-2004 at 06:19 AM Edit Post
After I posted that, I read Jeb's article and found it. All I can say is... wow. It's like a combination of everyone who was ever banned from here joined up on one board. I love the people on there who says things like "u shuld tak n english clas ur sumthin". That cracked me up.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 1-10-2004 at 10:08 AM Edit Post
I am all for an OOwO but personally, I would rather we pointed our aggressions at 411. I mean, from what I have seen, this board is comprised mostly of young girls with crushes. I know I have a history of tearing in to people but there is something about this that just feels wrong to me. Perhaps it's the whole "shooting fish in a barrel" but I prefer a reasonably fair fight. This whole thing, to use a wrestling metaphor, is like a match between Shannon Moore and the Big Show. Ultimately it's going to be a squash.

Aww fuck it. I am already going to hell anyway. VIVE LA OOwO!!!

[Edited on 1-10-2004 by 2HoT]

Who wants soup?

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2004 at 10:15 AM Edit Post
The thing about going to war with 411: being about 80x smarter than the 13 year-old squad, the posters over there will be on this board, and do you REALLY want 40 or 50 people on here extolling the virtues of Hyatte? Me either.

Monday Night Flaw, a podcast about professional wrestling starring OO's own Figure Foreskin as Andy the Smarmy Host and Chris Is Good517 as Cousin Balki.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 1-10-2004 at 10:24 AM Edit Post
Ok well lets invade kayfaybe classics or something then!!

I don't know if you were around for Portalesman, CiG. He was a first class troll that was around here a few months ago. And after I owned him a few dozen times, he kept saying "come join MY board so I can BAN ur azz"

He was pathetic and his board was equally so. The point I am trying to make here is that he would be more deserving of such a barrage. Anyway, its moot now because I came out in support of the OOwOvolution in my last post.

[Edited on 1-10-2004 by 2HoT]

Who wants soup?

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 1-10-2004 at 06:02 PM Edit Post
Really great work, guys. But who is Benji Mack? Or is there someone who really would have Mark Henry and Rico as a "dream team"?

OO Kyle
The Rowdy One

Posts 2364
Registered 11-21-2002

Mood: McIan-tastic

posted on 1-10-2004 at 07:27 PM Edit Post
I once went on a rampage on the Jeff Hardy fan board. Sure, it felt good for about ten minutes, but then I realized that all I'd REALLY done was insult a bunch of pudgy teenaged girls. Not really worth it. Hell, they're as entitled to their opinion as we are.

Stand back! There's a HURRICANE coming through! Several, in fact!

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2004 at 08:17 PM Edit Post
I have learned the board is not as much fun as I had hoped, as these cretins are incapable of responding to points, they just stumble through page after page of inane posts. Oh well, at least I still have my signiture pic to stand by. http://randyorton.suddenlaunch2.com/index.cgi?board=news&num=1071383851&action=display&start=45 Scroll all the way down.

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 1-10-2004 at 08:23 PM Edit Post
Actually, I'm done too.

As much fun as it was last night portraying a newly babyface "BorntoRandy" and otherwise having a good laugh with some fellow pOOsters, overnight and this morning my feelings have changed. Really, what's the point?

Most of the people on the boards are kids, but that didn't really hit me until I opened the "pictures of me w/ Randy" thread. It was an adorable little girl (I didn't even have the heart to check how old she was) who met one of her role models, and she was sharing her joy with others. She was beaming, sporting one of those smile that makes me melt, because you know it's coming from a place of pure happiness.. 5 or 6 people responded by saying "cool pics" or "that's really neat." Sure, that kind of analysis might not be always welcome here, but this is a different board with different goals. Let these kids talk about what they want, and they could be doing worse things than this. Plus, there are dozens of thread and only one of them originally had anything to do with Jeb's columns. Are they really hurting anyone?

Yes, I do wish that internet/chat/email lingo was more frowned upon overall...I dislike the rampant use of acronyms, shortening words, misspelling common words, and elementary vocabulary. But mocking them with their own material isn't going to help anything. Nobody is going to learn proper grammar and syntax from an attack like that. I know nobody has the goal of teaching them here, but their way of writing is one of, if not the, main things about which we're crucifying them. I also find it disheartening that most of them couldn't understand/comprehend/see the sarcasm or follow the structure of Jeb's columns, but that's a different story altogether.

Another crack in my breaking point was one of my posts last night, where the original heel of the board, "DeEvolutionX" or something like that, chastised me and others for our opinions because I was a 14 year-old girl, and don't know anything. As stupid as it sounds, today I felt empathy for both the accuser and the accused. Stripped down to the very basics, I was DeEvolutionX--my technique was different and my strategy was more subtle, but I was still making fun of kids. I don't know how old he is, but I don't want to be like him.

So, sorry about the bleeding-heart speech, but that's why you won't see BTR appear on the Randyboards, in any fashion. I'm not going to lay moral judgment on any of you, but I think I'll spend my time making this board a bit better rather than making another board essentially worse. I'm sure this is a novelty thing anyway, so in time it probably won't even matter.

All I can ask is for you guys to not be the ones to get their board shut down. If you keep the invasion going, be tasteful and clever and not stupid about it.

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2004 at 09:03 PM Edit Post
Personally, I went over to tell my joke and split. When I popped in today and saw that that thread had blossomed into a 10 page epic I was TOTALLY surprised. Yeah, it's time to pull our troops out. Mission accomplished.

Oh, and do we really need like 17 threads over here about the subject?

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-9-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2004 at 10:43 PM Edit Post
At the very least we got Angstboy's killer sig image If that board proves one thing, it's that if a little Photoshop knowledge is a dangerous thing, those people are freakin' ninjas.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by Laner]

Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1890
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

Mood: EVER!!!

posted on 1-11-2004 at 02:55 PM Edit Post
Fellow OOwO-ites;

I just started reading the threads here this morning, and I too, guess enough is enough (and it's time for a change. Wooo!).

I left one last message this morning (before I went here) and think it's time to hang up the boots.

The only reason I started flaming them in the first place was because they attacked one of our own -- and gave him tons of material to boot. Jeb discouraged the practice, but I felt motivated nonetheless.

Plus, I'm hopelessly immature.

Anyways, I guess we know what we can do know as an OOwO "family" and it probably should be a dead issue.

Hanging my head in shame,
Bulldog

The book... IS... HERE!!!
The Official Inside The Ropes website
BulldogZone : Official Inside The Ropes Merchandise
The Ridiculously Expensive Canadian BullBLOG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
luvinRKO
ButtViper

Posts 4
Registered 1-14-2004

Mood:

posted on 1-14-2004 at 05:08 AM Edit Post
Hey I am not here to start shit with you guys but just to say I hope that this "invasion" is over with. I know the younger members of Randy's board can be a little overprotective of him but they are harmless. As far as Jeb's articles, although rather tasteless, they were good for a laugh. In another setting I would probably have a hell of a time fucking with people because thats how I am. Anyway, hope you guys have fun invading other boards but don't pick on too many little girls, it'll make them cry

Marci

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4484
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 1-14-2004 at 07:11 AM Edit Post
Alright, who shot Jeb, and replaced him with a lifelike robot programmed by the General of France's assembled armies?

There is something cosmically wrong with Jeb Tennyson Lund, the renowned Bastard of South Beach, extending good tidings and olive branches to strangers.

Strangers who appreciate the finer points of Randy Orton, no less.

LuvinRKO, either you have accomplished a very remarkable feat, or Jeb here is feeling really bad about that ooWo Invasion thing (which was not sanctioned by OO, by the way, although after reviewing the footage, I'm not exactly sorry to have had my site's fine name attached to the cause, either) and is in search of karmic retribution.

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1890
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

posted on 1-14-2004 at 04:22 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by OORick

LuvinRKO, either you have accomplished a very remarkable feat, or Jeb here is feeling really bad about that ooWo Invasion thing (which was not sanctioned by OO, by the way, although after reviewing the footage, I'm not exactly sorry to have had my site's fine name attached to the cause, either) and is in search of karmic retribution.

The hell it wasn't! This has your fingerprints all over it, Scaia! Remember, who ended up being the figurehead leader of the nWo after several months of existence? That's right: Bischoff. The boss. And if Jeb is our Hulk and markout our Scott Hall, you've got to be our Bischoff.

I'm not sure what that makes me, though. Buff Bagwell? Awwww crap.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Canadian+Bulldog 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 1-14-2004 at 04:57 PM Edit Post
Can I be Nash? I am quite tall and I have well conditioned hair.

Who wants soup?

Operation Retard
Beats me, I'm gay!

Posts 3301
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-14-2004 at 06:03 PM Edit Post
hey bulldog, if its any consolation, you could be bagwell when he had the broken neck. sure he couldn't wrestle, but he was killer on the stick, and thats a fact.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Retard 's Aim
Canadian Bulldog
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1890
Registered 7-28-2003
Location Yes.

posted on 1-14-2004 at 06:13 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Operation Retard
hey bulldog, if its any consolation, you could be bagwell when he had the broken neck. sure he couldn't wrestle, but he was killer on the stick, and thats a fact.

I'll have to check with my mom first.

luvinRKO
ButtViper

Posts 4
Registered 1-14-2004

Mood:

posted on 1-14-2004 at 08:42 PM Edit Post
I might stick around and check you guys out. I am not going to try and persuade any of you to like Randy just as I wouldn't expect you to try and make me like Goldberg's work. You guys do seem like you can be pretty cool and I do appreciate a good rib here and there. Well, I'm out and maybe talk to you later.
Later,
Marci

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 1-14-2004 at 09:28 PM Edit Post
lRKO and Christina posted nice, sensible, polite comments about the situation. They did not gratuitously insult anyone. Therefore they would stick out here like sore thumbs, but so it goes.

From my perspective, the funniest thing about the whole "invasion" was the inability of their resident "heels" to tell who the fake Randy fans were. Given how overtly hostile those guys are to the 12 year old girls on that board, it was great to see them make asses of themselves.

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 1-15-2004 at 05:20 PM Edit Post
quote:
...just as I wouldn't expect you to try and make me like Goldberg's work

Honestly, you'd be hard-pressed to find a fan of Goldberg's work here, too.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top