Author: Subject: The "Interview The Person Below You" Thread
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12936
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-11-2003 at 08:45 PM Edit Post
Alana drank it all during Monday's chat.

Where is the love?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
BoerboelLVR
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1646
Registered 2-14-2003
Location Over the line!

Mood: HELP ME!!!

posted on 12-11-2003 at 09:48 PM Edit Post
It's in my pants.

Has this gone far enough?

Don't touch me there!

Operation Retard
Beats me, I'm gay!

Posts 3301
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 12-11-2003 at 09:49 PM Edit Post
no. it hasn't.

i'm right, aren't i?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Operation+Retard 's Aim
borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 12-11-2003 at 10:00 PM Edit Post
I always thought you were a democrat.

Why do I have a hangover, yet all my advil is gone? Who took my advil? Was it you with the shifty eyes? Or was it you, the guy drinking the beverage while looking at the keyboard? GIVE ME MY DRUGS!!

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
Attitude Adjuster
Making Mods Submit Since March, 2007

Posts 2343
Registered 8-13-2003
Location Parts Unknown

Mood: y Jack Melendez

posted on 12-11-2003 at 10:01 PM Edit Post
Yes, that would be me.

Or are you paranoid?

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Attitude Adjuster]

Sting is the dumbest man in wrestling. That's a well established fact. I'd personally find it offensive and out of character if Sting didn't volunteer to do the stupid thing.
--Lucky Lopez

BoerboelLVR
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1646
Registered 2-14-2003
Location Over the line!

posted on 12-11-2003 at 10:02 PM Edit Post
No. Just twitchy.

Breathmint?

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by BoerboelLVR]

Don't touch me there!

salmonjunkie

Posts 12936
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 12-11-2003 at 10:03 PM Edit Post
Yes, I just had some beer, and so I could use something to cover up the alcohol breath.

Back to wrestling:

How long will the Evolution stable last? Who will be the first to break from them? Will there be a replacement? And will Evolution be as big as either the Four Horsemen, DX, or NWO?

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

posted on 12-12-2003 at 01:03 AM Edit Post
I don't see evolution in its current form lasting for that long. As people have said before, I think Randy Orton is going to try to take over the group at one point or do something to Flair, which leads to Flair leaving the group and an Orton v. Flair match at WMXX. Triple H is a good leader for a faction, though, and I think a good way to really establish the group is to have a warring faction...the nWo had WCW, DX had the Nation of Domination, so a group of credible faces would be pretty nifty. So, here's to factions!

And jeers to that tinkerbell wanna-be toothfairy bitch.

Kweshton: To continue that debate, who would be part of a faction to feud with Evolution in either the short term, or perhaps the long run?

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002
Location under glass ceiling

Mood:

posted on 12-12-2003 at 02:16 AM Edit Post
Maybe 'Legends' Mick, Rock, Shawn and Jericho(who could be a tweener because of the Trish thing). Although I would like to see Nova join Hurricane and Rosie for a JLWWE.

What's your idea of a great gimmick?(make one up I mean).

THE CHAMP

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 12-12-2003 at 05:37 AM Edit Post
How about a wrestler based on a Paul Hogan movie?

Better yet, how about a character based loosely on the Clint Eastwood man with no name character? A strong silent type who is relentless. Not necessarily a western movie character, but a modern version.

Who made the best ring entrances?

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 12-12-2003 at 11:05 AM Edit Post
Without a doubt: Undertaker. But nods, as well, to Shawn for his insane stripper entrances, Hogan for the sheer, pumped-up, madness he always came out to, and Sting, for dropping down all creepy and shit on our heads.

Best single entrance EVER, though, IMO, was when Hogan was in the ring at WCW Halloween Havoc '96, and the first strains of the Rowdy One's bagpipes began to play. I say that not from logic, but from the sheer, screaming delight I took in it.

Question: Who had your favorite "guilty pleasure" entrance? In other words, a wrestler you may not have even been all that crazy about, but whose entrance made you grin, in spite of it?

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
BoerboelLVR
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1646
Registered 2-14-2003
Location Over the line!

posted on 12-12-2003 at 01:29 PM Edit Post
Honestly, The Truth Commision. Seriously, when Don Calis as the Jackal, had those goofballs marching to the ring I always had to chuckle to myself. The announcers always made a big deal about Kurgan and he sucked so bad. But that marching entrance was definitely a guilty pleasure to watch.

Have you ever thought to yourself, "I've got a decent build and I can act a little bit. Maybe I could be a professional wrestler." Have you ever thought that?

Don't touch me there!

Antelope
Fella

Posts 474
Registered 3-30-2003

Mood: Dynamic Prophet

posted on 12-12-2003 at 04:40 PM Edit Post
I most definitely have - I even went so far as to send a letter of inquiry to OVW, but never followed up on their response. Tough Enough made me realize that someone with even a very minor back problem (as I have) just can't do it. Plus, it's just changing your ENTIRE life. Big commitment.

If you were suddenly given the job of head WWE booker this afternoon what matches would you make your top 3 Main Events at WM?

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 12-12-2003 at 06:35 PM Edit Post
I'm going to answer 2 questions. Mod asked when we started watching wrestling and hwo our first favourite was. I started Sept 2002, and the guy I immediately latched to was HHH, because I recognized him from when I watched as a kid and because he was champion. I still love him now too. Wish I saw him in his prime though.

As for booking WM ME's, I'll answer that thrice:

Fantasy Booking:
Matt Hardy vs Edge for SD title
Jericho vs Shawn Michaels RAW title
Kane vs Undertaker (Kane goes over)

Realistic Booking:
Benoit vs Lesnar SD title
Triple H vs Goldberg RAW title
Kane vs Undertaker

Joke Booking
A-Train vs Bradshaw SD Title
Al Snow vs Maven vs Stevie Richards vs Tommy Dreamer RAW title
Triple H squashing Edge in 5 seconds

Who is your favourite wrestler of all time?

OOMatt
Crazy Go Nuts

Posts 1234
Registered 12-19-2002
Location St. Paul

Mood: Greatest Mood

posted on 12-13-2003 at 01:35 AM Edit Post
Well, that's a difficult question. Ask me that 15 years ago (which is about when I started watching...), and I would have said "Hulk Hogan" without even thinking. Scott Hall and Raven are two guys I've always liked no matter where they were and what they were doing. Chris Jericho has always been a guy who I liked, but I guess there's only one person who I've consistantly marked out for throughout his career and that's Shawn Michaels. I liked the Rockers, I liked Cocky Dick Heel Shawn Michaels, I liked Babyface with Heart Shawn Michaels, I liked DX Shawn Michaels. Throughout his career I think he's the guy that has entertained me the most in angles and in the ring, so I think he's the one guy who I could say is my favorite of all time.

5 years from now we'll likely have an entirely new main event scene. Assuming guys like Benoit and Booker who have entered the swan songs of their careers are out of the business, who are the top 5 guys from each brand you take to the main event of 2008?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   OOMatt 's Aim
FusionFistCutter
The Great One

Posts 3411
Registered 4-10-2003
Location Columbus, Ohio

Mood:

posted on 12-13-2003 at 01:51 AM Edit Post
RAW: Orton, RVD, Batista, HHH, and Goldberg (sorry for the Evolution heavy picks, but they all seem like they'll be around for awhile, except Flair)

Smackdown: Lesnar, Cena, Eddie, Haas, Benjamin

How many PPVs have you MISSED in the last 3 years?

!

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

posted on 12-13-2003 at 02:05 AM Edit Post
I had seen every WWF/E Pay-Per-View since Summerslam 98 until this year's Backlash...There were a lot of celebration activities to be had. I then missed whatever October's PPV was (SD brand) and I will miss Sunday's Armaggedon because of my own graduation experience. So, I've seen 61 of the last 64. Pretty good, I must say.

Who has the best wrestling "look" of all time? I'm not talking ability or skill or charisma; whose appearance just screams "fantastic professional wrestler?"

[Edited on 12-13-2003 by borntorun]

Fake McCoy Comics

Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002
Location under glass ceiling

Mood:

posted on 12-13-2003 at 07:12 AM Edit Post
I'd have to say Rock, he looks like a cartoon character but he's maybe too good looking so HHH or Brock just on muscle mass.

What's your favourite move name?.

THE CHAMP

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-13-2003 at 07:41 AM Edit Post
Three handed family credenza.

If you could stunner any one person on earth, who would it be and why?

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
salmonjunkie

Posts 12936
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 12-13-2003 at 10:53 AM Edit Post
Folby, you forgot "moss-covered"

I'd stunner Dick Cheney, and then pour a beer on his punk ass.

What did you have to drink tonight? I drank a Pacifico.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 12-13-2003 at 01:08 PM Edit Post
I drank Cherry Coke, because I am hardcore.

(for the Canadians) Do you think that having installed and essentially entirely new cabinet will hurt our new Prime Minister when it comes time to call an election in the spring?

Who wants soup?

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4788
Registered 11-10-2002
Location The Firefly Funhouse

Mood: Fiendish

posted on 12-13-2003 at 05:49 PM Edit Post
No, I don't think that installing an entirely new cabinet will hurt Paul Martin Jr. in his first campaign to be elected Prime Minister of Canada. I don't think giving people like Sheila Copps and David Collinette the ol' heavy-ho will be harmful. I do think that giving giving cabinet ministers with proven track records, such as Alan Rock and John Manley the ol' heavy-ho is a drastic mistake. But, it probably won't hurt him since he's offered them both key positions as ambassadors. However, having done that essentially kills both of their political careers. Either they take the cookie or they've been cooked by Mr. Martin. Although, I think that most people don't care if he's putting an end to the careers of Chrétien's top dogs. They're expecting change, and that is part of the process of giving the Liberal Party a completely new look.

What Paul Martin is going to have to worry about is convincing Canadians that he is not just a business Liberal. It will be a tough sell. Already, opinion polls show that the Liberals have eaten up a lot of the support that the Alliance and Progressive Conservative parties used to have, and that the NDP has seen a dramatic resurgence in support to levels that have not been seen since Ed Broadbent was at the helm. The left wing is back in Canada, and the Liberals will have to try to convince Canadians that they will steal all of the Conservative Party of Canada's and the NDP's best ideas, policies, and innitiatives. I would wager that Martin will only be able to squash the competition from the right.

My question: Which made-for-tv band do you prefer, and why: The Monkees or The Partridge Family?

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

DevoniusMaximus
I do not know the secret of avatars

Posts 971
Registered 9-30-2003
Location Hamilton, OH

Mood: Subversive

posted on 12-13-2003 at 07:46 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slade
Which made-for-tv band do you prefer, and why: The Monkees or The Partridge Family?

hands down the Monkees. The Partridges always seemed like the Brady Bunch on a bus. Plus the Monkees were just straight up fun and had 2 legit musicians in the band (Nesmith and Toole). Great show with good music.

And for those who've watch rasslin since they were kids: At what point or angle did you realize that wrestling was fake? (mine was Undertaker slamming Ultimate Warrior in the casket. His passing out and them playing like he was dead just made me say "nope, cannot be real")

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 12-13-2003 at 07:59 PM Edit Post
By the way Slade, I found out yesterday that The Green Party of Canada is set to run a full slate of candidates, This might pull from the NDP. I know it did here provincially a couple years ago resulting in no seats for the Greens and only 2 for the NDP. Food for thought...

As for your question, Monkees hands down. Susan Day was kinda hot, but the show itself was pretty awful. I mean if I wanted to watch a family prance around singing jovially, I'd watch Don Messer's Jubilee, and that way I wouldn't have to put up with Danny Bonaducci or the creepy little tamborine girl and I could be proud of my country at the same time. Besides, David Cassidy is a dumb wanker.

And I genuinely like a lot of the Monkees music. I really wish they had made a lot more. I also really wish Smash Mouth had left them the hell alone but thats another matter.

USA leaving non-coalition states ineligible for big contracts for the rebuilding of Iraq: Big pushy power trip from the cowboy who would be king?

Who wants soup?

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 12-13-2003 at 08:02 PM Edit Post
Dev slipped in before me...

The point at which I knew was when I heard a news story about Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Iron Sheik (mortal enemies in the wrestling world) busted in the back of a limosine doing coccaine together.

Please refer to my last post for my question

edetad fur spelin

[Edited on 12-13-2003 by 2HoT]

Who wants soup?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top