Author: Subject: The "Interview The Person Below You" Thread
nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 12-8-2003 at 04:53 AM Edit Post
They are pushing the IC and US titles. Pretty soon, John Cena and Randy Orton will be holding them. These 2 guys are potentially the future of the company and the E knows it. Giving them these titles is the first stepping stone in that. I see that as a push for each of the titles. As for who should hold them for their respective pushes? Cena DEFINITELY for the US. The guy hasn't held a title yet and this might be a good time to see if he can add prestige to one. As for the IC, Randy Orton is as good a pick as any, for the same reasons. I think the E is on the right track here.

That said, we've discussed who will be the first ones in the Rumble, but who's winning it this year? Someone from RAW or SD? And how will the show that doesn't have the winner pick the #1 contender?

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 12-8-2003 at 05:51 AM Edit Post
Hey, I asked this question earlier, so I guess I'll answer it.

You've all probably heard this from me, but my fantasy booking scenario goes like this: At the Royal Rumble, Jericho becomes champ for the RAW brand by beating Goldberg (via Kane interferance, lengthening their feud to WM). The man to win the Royal Rumble, though? It'll be Stone Cold Steve Austin, returning to action. That'll set up the SCSA/Jericho feud, which I think would make a great WM main event and that is why it should be for the title.

Brock is holding the belt until WM, where he will lose in a 2 out of 3 falls match to Kurt Angle. Angle will get the #1 contendership in some sort of hard fought match with either Benoit or Cena, whoever doesn't have the title match at the February PPV. So, your WM championship matches are Jericho/Austin and Brock/Angle IV (and last for a while).

Q: What is Goldberg's outlook for 2004?

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
Antelope
Fella

Posts 474
Registered 3-30-2003

Mood: Dynamic Prophet

posted on 12-8-2003 at 07:20 PM Edit Post
While I don't like to be negative, I think Goldberg's outlook is bad. He won't hold the belt for that much longer (not past WM I don't think) and I don't think he can survive outside of the title scene. There's just something about him that does not work when he's feuding over anything other then the World Title IMO. Once he loses that and leaves that picture, interest in him will fade and he'll be where he was around May of 03. He's not yet the star he was in WCW and even there after losing the belt interest in him faded to the point that damn Lex and Buff ended his career.

Will Flair and Steamboat fight at WM? SHOULD Flair and Steamboat fight at WM?

ModSquad004
Cop Dawg

Posts 2324
Registered 5-10-2003
Location on the ATV

Mood: no mood 4 poop

posted on 12-8-2003 at 07:32 PM Edit Post
No they won't. Yes they should, and I think it would be a big seller if they did. Those two have fought each other all over the world, but never at MSG. But maybe that's just the smark in me.

Do you think Booker T will ever have be a world title contender again? Do you think he'll win the title? Please explain the reason behind your answer.

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by ModSquad004]

WOOF!

OOMatt
Crazy Go Nuts

Posts 1234
Registered 12-19-2002
Location St. Paul

Mood: Greatest Mood

posted on 12-8-2003 at 10:42 PM Edit Post
Yes, I think he'll be a World Title Contender again, no, I don't think he'll ever win it. He's one of the guys in the WWE that can get an inexplicable push out of nowhere for no other reason than BECAUSE he's a former 5-Time, 5-Time....World Champion. So, it makes sense that in one of the lull periods after Wrestlemania, Booker would get another run at a top level spot. However, I think his career doesn't have much left in it (back near the end of WCW, he was already talking retirement, and while I imagine his views have shifted pretty dramatically since then, I don't think he's going to stay around that much longer). He'll get a couple filler main events, maybe even another run as a "top contender", but his time with the belt is over.

You can be Vince for 15 minutes what one decision/change do you make to the WWE and why?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   OOMatt 's Aim
DevoniusMaximus
I do not know the secret of avatars

Posts 971
Registered 9-30-2003
Location Hamilton, OH

Mood: Subversive

posted on 12-9-2003 at 12:10 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by OOMattYou can be Vince for 15 minutes what one decision/change do you make to the WWE and why?

Dang, good question

I'd do whatever I could to lure Jeff Jarrett away from TNA and give him whatever money he wanted. Firstly, I think it'd be the end of TNA and since I'm Vince, I get my jollies from running enemies into the ground. Secondly, he could be the key top performer needed to make RAW title scene on par with Smackdown's.

You'd have Jarrett, HHH, Goldberg, Kane, Jericho, RVD, and Booker, with Christian, Hardy, and Orton pushing the top.

On Smackdown you'd have Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, Big Show, and Taker, with Cena and Guerrero pushing.

Makes for a very interesting title scene on both shows.

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 12-9-2003 at 12:37 AM Edit Post
You forgot to ask a question Devon. Hit is up lest this thread dies.

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2003 at 12:53 AM Edit Post
I'll step in.

quote:
Originally posted by nilesanderson who's winning it this year? Someone from RAW or SD? And how will the show that doesn't have the winner pick the #1 contender?
Undertaker. It gives him an oppertunity to return as the dead man, whomp on everyone in sight, and then go after Kane (who is now RAW champ.)

Question: If the IWC had a title belt, who would hold it, and who would they I cannot spell 'feud' with? (my money's on shockmaster and gobledy gooker. natch.)

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12936
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-9-2003 at 01:30 AM Edit Post
La Parka would be champ, Chris Benoit would be the #1 contender, and they would trade the titles between the two often. Occasionally, Eddie Guerrero will have a shot.

I have a question: What is your opinion of the current WWE Cruiserweight division? Is it better or worse then the WCW Cruiserwieght division? Was the peak of the WWE Cruiserweight division (whenever that was) higher or lower then the peak of the WCW Cruiserwieght division (whenever that was - I say it was when Eddie/Jericho/Rey/Malenko/Ultimo were the ME of the CW division). Do you think it needs to be better then it is now, and what would you do to improve it?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
benoitbrokemyneck
John Edwards is a faggot.

Posts 4109
Registered 3-17-2002
Location Inside The Internets

Mood: not dead yet

posted on 12-9-2003 at 04:37 AM Edit Post
The current CW division is improving greatly from what it was a year ago, however it needs alot of work if it wants to be as good as wcw's old CW division. Its not really anywhere near what wcw had a few years ago.

1)For starters wcw had many more names in theirs than the handfull that the wwe currently has. In addition to Malenko/Rey/Ultimo/Jericho/Eddie, it had Psycosis (most underated CW ever), Juvi (he was great too), Silver King (although not wwe material, this guy could go) Kidman (back when he was very healthy and not shelved half the time), and finally Jushin Liger (he wasn't alwasy around, but at least wcw knew he was worth getting occasionally). To make the CW division better they need more people, plain and simple. Juvi could be hired as could Psychosis for an immediate impact in both the CW and tag divisions, just a simple example of what would kickass, but we will never get to enjoy.

2)Hiring on top stars from other companies is another concept the wwe has never seemed to grasp. There's tons of men in Japan/Mexico/Indies that could be used for occasional matches to give fans a pleasant surprise from time to time. Liger, or any of Ultimo's students pop to mind.

3)They must showcase these guys better. 4 minutes on a show that airs on Saturday night doesn't give the younger guys enough presence in the company. An occasional match on SD would benefit greatly these guys. Perhaps even old wcw style mini-battle royals could be used to showcase the less known talent like Spanky or Ultimo. Having these guys and not using them on SD is weak.

4)The most important thing that needs changed is the level of importance of the CW belt itself. Last month we saw the CW Championship match between Noble/Tajiri just get cut from the card right before Survivor Series. How does that make the crowd care about a belt? It doesn't, it just degrades it totally.

What is Booker T going to do in '04, seeing that he has stated its likely to be his last in-ring year?
Get the title belt? Go after the IC again? Fade away?

DevoniusMaximus

Posts 971
Registered 9-30-2003
Location Hamilton, OH

posted on 12-9-2003 at 04:51 AM Edit Post
If it is his last year he'll get the Foley run with the belt before he leaves for a month or two. Even if it isn't his last year I think he'll end up with the belt around late summer, early fall.

If you could have one retired wrestler come into the company in a non-wrestling compacity who would it be and why? (Personaly I'd pick Dibiasi to be an announcer or a manager).

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2003 at 05:59 AM Edit Post
Shit, that's easy; Foley. Everything he does has the potential to become gold. His commisioner skits were priceless.

Which belt is in a better place right now, the US, or IC? (I mean in general, not "well, show has the US, which sucks, so the IC." )

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 12-9-2003 at 03:56 PM Edit Post
Dude, Foley is back, or have you not seen RAW the last two weeks? Has Foley ever really retired from wrestling? I keep hearing that he is willing to work another match or two.

Right now the IC belt is in a better place as it is acutally being defended and has an actual storyline around it. Show hasn't even defended the title since he got it. I wonder how many people even know who the US champ is.

Although it should be interesting to see how things unfold in the next couple of months as I see Cena and Orton winning those titles either on or before the Rumble.

Which WWE Superstar has no business being inside the ring?

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
BoerboelLVR
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1646
Registered 2-14-2003
Location Over the line!

Mood: HELP ME!!!

posted on 12-9-2003 at 04:32 PM Edit Post
It is a heads up tie between both Linda McMahon and Stephanie Whateverthehellherlastnameisnow.

I don't care what anyone else thinks about this. Linda and Steph are the rock solid main reason that I don't watch anymore. I don't care if they are not on television right now or not involved in current story lines. I also don't care if Steph has improved over the past year. I can't stand to see either one of them and they have no business being on my TV let alone getting in a wrestling ring. Don't like 'em, don't need 'em, don't want 'em, enough said.

Now for my question: Does anybody have a clue where I left my car keys?!?!?!? I've been using the spare set for a week and a half now and I've looked everywhere I can think. Where the hell are my keys?!?!?

Don't touch me there!

Antelope
Fella

Posts 474
Registered 3-30-2003

posted on 12-9-2003 at 05:03 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by BoerboelLVR
Now for my question: Does anybody have a clue where I left my car keys?!?!?!? I've been using the spare set for a week and a half now and I've looked everywhere I can think. Where the hell are my keys?!?!?

They were taken by the Hummer driver. Find him and you find your keys.

My question: Is it possible to actually "work" the fans anymore? Russo tried a ton of works, but they were all pretty transparent and a bad idea. ROH tries weird work/shoots a lot as well, but I don't know how well they go over. Do you think it is possible for fans to be worked anymore and do you think this is a good or bad thing?

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2003 at 11:01 PM Edit Post
I think it's possible. Andy Kaufman made a career out of works, and everyone expected them from him. The key is to not make them obvious, really really stick to them, never admit or even hint at the gimmick, and give them time to pay off. That, and be creative. Work the fans with something they've never seen before. At least, I'd like to think it's possible.

Doublee, i meant see foley back forever. And ever and ever and ever.

Question: Who main events WM 22?

Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002
Location under glass ceiling

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2003 at 11:26 PM Edit Post
Cena vs Brock

Although it'll probably be HHH vs Orton or something.

PUNISHER: I think the move was called the 'Stretch Muffler' or something.

What do you think was the angle/event that was handled the worst in the last three years BESIDES the WCW buyout?.(Mine would have to be Jericho's title run).

THE CHAMP

DevoniusMaximus

Posts 971
Registered 9-30-2003
Location Hamilton, OH

posted on 12-10-2003 at 12:13 AM Edit Post
edited cause I didn't read the directions*

I think Kane's handling versus HHH is the biggest disappointment of all time. in the future, the words Katie Vick will come to mean a screwed up angle.

what was your biggest markout moment?

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by DevoniusMaximus]

angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2003 at 12:22 AM Edit Post
Like ever?

I think I have two. My first, and I almost hate to admit it around here, was when Goldberg won the title from Hogan at the Georgia Dome Nitro. I used to be a big Goldberg mark. The second was when Jericho showed up on RAW for the first time. Classic stuff. A great build up was followed by a great promo with the Rock.

Who's WWE's most valuable Diva? Either show.

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2003 at 12:24 AM Edit Post
Trish. Guys love her, she can wrestle, nuff said.

[i answered this while angstboy posted.]

Foley's retirement. I grew to love that man so much, it was incredibly touching/sad when he finally said goodbye. When he turned his back, threw his hand up, and JR said "goodbye mick. We'll miss you." I was just like, "awwww, shit." Just a great moment.

If you could spend a week with any wrestler, who would it be, and why? (for the guys, assume the divas won't sleep with you. For rj, assume michaels won't.)

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by folby]

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 12-10-2003 at 12:39 AM Edit Post
Can I presume Michaels will sleep with me?

Er... I'm going to have to go with HHH. He's got money and power. He's clearly intelligent. His friends and him used to know how to party. His wife shares his interest. He seems like he might result in a few fun days. And I'd slip him my demo reel. Plus, who better to introduce you to the Divas?

What do you think is the best use for WWE's second tier shows, Velocity and Heat? Recaps primarily? Elevation matches? Featuring a select style or group of wrestler? A good combination?

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 12-10-2003 at 07:36 AM Edit Post
DAMMIT!!!! I miss the best questions! I'm still gonna answer it: Either Foley or Shawn ("assume Michaels won't sleep with me" -- bah. That was really hurtful.)
Both for the same reason: I respect the hell out of them, and they have similar wacky, insane senses of humor. It would be a fun week. And I'd be very, very gentle with Shawn, I promise.

But as for the question I'm supposed to answer, I'd say NO RECAPS. Recaps belong on their own shows. Velocity and Heat should be mini-Smackdown and Raw. The names aren't as big, or possibly even known, but you should see the same basic formats -- a more story-driven Heat, and a more wrestling-driven Velocity. It just lends more validity to the shows, so they feel less like "here's some crap that's not good enough for the big leagues, until the next recap of a better show." Let the wrestlers on both shows OWN their shows; all the action should be focused on them, not what HHH was doing last Monday. Edited to make this more clear after rereading Lucky's question: So, I guess that would mean using them to elevate wrestlers, and as a post OVW training ground for new faces.

As for the question, Will Mick Foley be back for good (meaning more than a few weeks), and if so, will he chance wrestling again?

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by rasslinjunkie]

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12936
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-10-2003 at 09:49 AM Edit Post
No. Foley will be around for a few weeks, maybe about two or three months, and Evil Eric will dispatch of him, as well. This is when Steve Austin returns (or maybe it'll be on the last show we see Foley during this run)

Foley will be back for Wrestlemania, but not in a wrestling capacity.

Besides Rey Mysterio Jr, who is the next cruiserweight who will be booked to be able to stand toe to toe with the big boys?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Screw Flanders
And I am AWESOME

Posts 125
Registered 11-27-2003

Mood: Okily Dokily

posted on 12-10-2003 at 09:37 PM Edit Post
Screw Flanders Answers: "Maybe Tajiri or Nunzio if he returns to Smackdown."

Screw Flanders Asks: "Should Rhyno stay or go?"

Antelope
Fella

Posts 474
Registered 3-30-2003

posted on 12-10-2003 at 09:43 PM Edit Post
Rhyno should go. I just don't think his style can work in the WWE. He's not a convincing enough face and as a heel his offense is "monster heel" but his size eliminates that as a possibility. I just can't see him ever getting past that same sort of Raven and D'Lo level. Whereas on the indies he could be a big player in TNA (hell he could win the title in TNA), could be big in ROH (since guys there are lots smaller his monster offense is do-able, plus he does have mat skills) and would be very well served to spend some time in Japan.

Q: When will Vince hand the reigns of the WWE over to someone else and what will happen to the Fed when he does?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top