Screw Flanders
And I am AWESOME

Posts 125
Registered 11-27-2003

Mood: Okily Dokily

posted on 12-6-2003 at 06:57 PM Edit Post
The "Interview The Person Below You" Thread

Saw this somewhere else, could be fun.

I will ask the first question, then the next person answers it. Then that person asks a question for the next person that happens to be on this thread and so forth.

Got the general idea? Good. Here is the first question.

"Should HHH job to Goldberg again?"

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 12-6-2003 at 07:04 PM Edit Post
I have a feeling it's natural for a lot of folks around here to flame a thread such as this, but I think for the good of the boards we should to give it a try. So, here we go:

I don't think HHH will job to Goldberg again, and I honestly believe that the 3-way match at Armeggedon will not involve both HHH and Goldy in the decision. My opinion is that it will be Goldberg pinning Kane, or Kane pinning HHH.

To more directly answer your question, HHH should not job to Goldberg again in a one-on-one matchup. Personally, I'm a fan of seeing Goldberg vulnerable once in a while, and HHH could do some good stuff if he were the one to end Goldberg's reign.

Next question:

"Who should win the Royal Rumble and why?"

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 12-6-2003 at 08:41 PM Edit Post
I'll play along too.

I think the winner of the Rumble may be tied to the outcome of the RAW title scene. I think Kane may be the next RAW champion be it at Armageddon or the Rumble. The reason I believe that Kane gets the next title run is because I really believe that The Dead Man rises again to win his first Rumble and challenge Kane at WMXX for the title leading to one last title run for the Undertaker. It is rumored that this may be Undertaker's last run and could be his last chance at the Rumble and may be his last WrestleMania appearance.

Here's my question:

What would you do to revitalize the sagging tag scenes on both shows?

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 12-6-2003 at 10:04 PM Edit Post
Well, Tag Teams have lost a great deal of their mystique in recent years. As little as two years ago, temas like the Hardy's, Edge and Christian, The Acolytes and the Duds were tearing shit up and the Titles were starting to regain the allure they had back when Strike Force won them from the Hart's on Superstars.

I think giving the titles to unproven teams like The Basham's and La Res are giant steps backwards. I have nothing against either team but they never showed they were title-worthy before they were handed the belts. Even Hurricane and Rosey would have been a better choice.

Benjamin and Hass and The Guerreros should hold the belts on SD! In fact, Haas and Benjamin should be given a very long reign. Ric Flair style. Lots of cheating and always escaping with the title.

On RAW, The situation is a bit more desperate. the Fed should just keep the titles on the Duds until they can push another team to a level that is worthy of them. NOT Cade and Jindrak. That would be the equivalent of the La Resistance title change. I'd put the Duds back into a feud with Test and Steiner. At least people would care.

A title run for any combination of Ultimo/Knoble/Nunzio/Tajiri/Mysterio would help SD! as well.

Will WMXX be as special if the Vince does not manage to draw every major star of the last two decades to participate?

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 12-6-2003 at 10:41 PM Edit Post
It will absolutely be as special without every major star for the last 20 years. Hell, it will be possible to make it special without ANY major star of the last 20 years (present roster notwithstanding). Compared to the Silverdome or Safeco Field, The Garden is tiny, they are going to pack that thing to the rafters. I don't see how draging past heroes out of their senior's homes to parade them around the ring is any more special than offering well produced video packaged a la "Desire."

I think what makes Wrestlemania special is the special x-factor that sets it appart from every other big show. Every participant on the card knows how big and important this show is, and as a result, they give everything they have for it. They give 6 star ladder matches, they blow a shooting-star press and land in a way that would likely kill or at least hospitalize a mere mortal, and then get up and keep wrestling. They put on matches where both combatants are worthy of, and recieve standing ovations. They make matches that are talked about for decades to come.

How many people here reference Savage/Steamboat on a fairly regular basis? Quite a few. How many can name a match from another big card that year off the top of their head? Well, probably some cause you guys are freaky that way (which is one of the reasons I love you guys actualy). But I am pretty sure you see my point. Tributes are for retirement parties and funerals. Give me 5 star matches with bullshit-free buildups and you won't need tributes, or Fred fucking Durst or any of that. I bet an event like that could even draw in the most casual of fan.

Do "Casual Fans" really care about all the flash and extras like Vince seems to think they do? Not only at WM but in general?

Who wants soup?

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12914
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-7-2003 at 12:04 AM Edit Post
No. I honestly believe that casual fans don't care too much about celebrities or music performances at a Wrestlemania. They like it, they think it's cool (and, unless it's Fred Durst, so do I), but I don't think the extras actually helps to sell the products to the casual fans. It's just a nice extra for those who are already sold on the product, the cherry on top. I think Vince knows this too. It's to give it that "special" meaning, but I'm sure he knows that having Bob Eucker at Wrestlemania 4 wasn't going to be the clincher to get anybody to buy it.

That said, I hope and pray they don't get Limp Bizkit to play at WMXX.

If there was any musical act that had to appear and perform at WMXX (barring those that have already performed at one i.e. MOTORHEAD!!!) who should it be?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
DevoniusMaximus
I do not know the secret of avatars

Posts 971
Registered 9-30-2003
Location Hamilton, OH

Mood: Subversive

posted on 12-7-2003 at 01:56 AM Edit Post
Liberache oh wait...dead...right

Depends on if Edge will be back by then. If he is then Zombie has to play him to the ring live. If he isn't ready then Our Lady Peace to play Benoit down to the ring.

Question: If you had to pick one wrestler to be the "franchise" of your own federation, who would you pick and why?

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 12-7-2003 at 02:48 AM Edit Post
The person I would put as the "franchise" of a federation would be Brock Lesnar.

The guy has all the tools to be a great star along the line's of Hulk Hogan. IN his WWE stint, he has shown he can play the unbeatable monster, the strong face, and now achilles the monster with a weakness. He can wrestle or brawl with anyone, has a great arsenal of moves even if we haven't seen them all yet, and he is young enough that he can be the figurehead of the federation for a long time. Add all that to his improving mic skills and you have a bonafide superstar.

Is there one wrestler that the WWE can bring in that #1 will be a surprise, and #2 be effective and increase viewership?

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 12-7-2003 at 04:54 AM Edit Post
This is a long-shot, but if Sting made his WWE debut he would give the E at least a short term pop. He is the biggest name of the 90's who never hit the WWE. Story-line wise he had a lot of unfinished business in WCW (Horsemen, NWO, New Blood).

Question: How should WWE use its ownership of ECW's history productively?

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2003 at 08:55 AM Edit Post
They should do it the way they did the Ric Flair dvd: comprehensive. They should compile best of tapes, specific I cannot spell 'feud' tapes, and maybe add a little more flash to video packages (esp. from ECW's early days.) And they can market alot of it based around current WWE superstars who were in ECW at one point or another. Oh yeah, and Heyman commentaries. Lots of Heyman commentaries.

Is the WWE going to be the only major fed forever, or will another rise and compete eventually? (In other words, the business runs in cycles. Ratings go up and down, house sales go up and down, but with the WWE being the only big boy, we're seeing something that we've never seen before. Will it stay like that, or change?)

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 12-7-2003 at 10:49 AM Edit Post
I'm gonna have to say change.

The only constant is change, and wrestling, especially WWE, has shown us that. I do think the brand extension is working, and the two "brands" will continue to evolve, until they feel truly seperate.
But I don't think that will be enough. As much as I like WWE, and am glad it's risen to the top, I miss ECW. And I even miss WCW. I miss the competition, and I'm obviously not alone in that, so there IS a market. We're just waiting on some dreamer with the guts to start up a promotion, and stick it out for more than a few months.....wait a minute.

I hereby nominate the Jarretts' little dog and pony show.

They're still a looong way from giving Vince nightmares, but they ARE still here, and, with proper backing (Hello, Ted? Still holding a grudge?), they could one day challange WWE.
And let's not forget ECW, the little promotion that could. Sure, it didn't work out. But for chrissakes, look what they managed to do with next to nothing. They're still a shining example of what CAN be.

So, yeah; not only do I think it's possible WWE will again face competition, but I honestly expect to see it happen in the next couple of years.

Now. This isn't all that thought-provoking, but ah well: With all the pomp and circumstance surrounding WMXX, will he or won't he? Will Bret take part, AND, if he does, will he hang around, in some fashion or another?

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by rasslinjunkie]

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 12-7-2003 at 04:14 PM Edit Post
While it can't be answered for sure, I think all roads are pointing to Bret Hart coming back for WMXX. It's been made clear that he and Vince are on speaking terms. There has been a Stu Hart memorial on both shows when he died. References have been made to the screwjob in recent months (most notably around the Y2J / HBK rematch). And finally, someone has tapped to the sharpshooter recently.

As to what capacity he will be involved in, I say as a special guest referee. The only WMXIX rematch I see as a possibilty is Y2J / HBK. Make Bret Hart a special guest referee and it adds that much more drama. Or maybe Goldberg / HBK. Think of the storyline possibilites here with Bret Hart as a guest referee. Who is he angrier at? HBK for the screwjob or Goldberg for ending his career?

As for if he will stick around afterwards, I doubt it. Bret Hart seems to be pretty confident that his in-ring career is over. Having him do his stint at Mania and then take off would be a good enough way to tie up loose ends.

As for my question, I'll go down RJ's road by not getting to in depth. What do you think the world title matches (RAW and SD! respectibely) will be at WMXX?

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4780
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 12-7-2003 at 04:53 PM Edit Post
quote:
Depends on if Edge will be back by then. If he is then Zombie has to play him to the ring live. If he isn't ready then Our Lady Peace to play Benoit down to the ring.

For the love of (your god here), no! Our Lady Peace is like the ultimate suck band. Our Lady Peace is a good argument against CanCon regulations. Having Our Lady Peace appear at Wrestlemania XX would be even worse than having Limp Bizkit reappearing. I kid you not.

As for Rob Zombie, he is all about the stage show, and it would require losing too many seats to accommodate him, so he's out. If they were in a much larger venue, it may be a possibility, but I can't see them willing to lose a quarter of the seats in the Garden just so Rob Zombie can sing Edge's theme song.

Which means that there is only one choice, if we are not to have Motorhead reappear, and that is Monster Magnet!

Now, to answer Niles' question:

Smackdown's WMXX main event will be A-Train defending the World Title to Bradshaw. Bradshaw wins the match despite a Billy Gunn run-in.

RAW's WMXX main event will be Maven defending the World Title in a Fatal Fourway match against Al Snow, Tommy Dreamer and Stevie Richards. Al Snow will smoke Maven for vindication, because he will turn on his trainer at the Rumble, but Stevie Richards will nail Al Snow with a chairshot and hit a Stevie-T for the win.

My question is which park do you prefer: McArthur Park or Itchycoo Park?

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Slade]

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8684
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 12-7-2003 at 05:22 PM Edit Post
I don't really like parks. I prefer to have concrete fields, skyscraper trees, and clouds of smog. Therefore, industrial Detroit is my favorite place to take a date on a picnic.

What submission move do you think looks the most painful? Which one probably IS the most painful?

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3331
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2003 at 06:53 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by borntorun

What submission move do you think looks the most painful? Which one probably IS the most painful?

I'm not sure what it is called, but that submission move that Brock had on Benoit this past Thursday looks like it hurt like Hell. (The one where he had Benoit's leg wrapped around his neck and was kneeling down.) As for what IS the most painful? I think all of them are painful in their own right, and could all hurt pretty bad if they are not applied correctly. When I used to wrestle in high school, we used to screw around before practice, and a guy put me in a figure four. That hurts quite a bit when the pressure is applied the right way.

My question: Should WWE bring back jobbers on their two major shows to make the PPV match ups between major stars more meaningful? Or will the fans turn away because they are not getting big name matches every week?

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

benoitbrokemyneck
John Edwards is a faggot.

Posts 4109
Registered 3-17-2002
Location Inside The Internets

Mood: not dead yet

posted on 12-7-2003 at 09:02 PM Edit Post
My question: Should WWE bring back jobbers on their two major shows to make the PPV match ups between major stars more meaningful? Or will the fans turn away because they are not getting big name matches every week?

No, jobbers shouldn't be brought to RAW or Smackdown. Beating on a virtually unknown jobber doesn't really add any credibility to any major star. I believe fans wouldn't be to happy to see Goldberg vs. El Dandy when he could be facing so many other well respected stars. The WWE has too big of a roster to just keep ignoring the possible good matchups waiting to happen.

Will The Rock be at WM? If so, what will he be doing?

Keepin' it German

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4780
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 12-7-2003 at 10:41 PM Edit Post
Yes, The Rock will be at Wrestlemania. He will be playing the role of The Island.

My question is who will be the first two participants to enter the ring in the Royal Rumble match this year?

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

posted on 12-7-2003 at 11:03 PM Edit Post
Shot in the dark I will say Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore. The first time they will be able to see each other (on air) since Matt left Shannon to get KILLED by the monsters on SD.

Whichever two start, it will not be as good as when Ax and Smash were the first two.

my question: who will lead the next big era in the WWE? Not just saying who is on top now, but who will be the next top guy who motivates a huge surge in ratings like Austin did, or Hogan did in his time.

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 12-8-2003 at 12:00 AM Edit Post
On SmackDown! the honor goes to Brock. I think in another year or so he is going to be the dominant guy in the industry. He is just finding his character and getting comfortable being the lead guy on SmackDown! right now. He and Cena will be the Main Event feud on SmackDown! leading into WMXXI. Brock is such a unique package of size and wrestling ability.

On RAW, as much as some hate to say it, I think it will be Randy Orton. He reminds me more and more of HHH when DX was first taking off. His in ring skills are improving each month and his mic skills are light years ahead of where he was a year ago. One can see how Flair's and HHH's cockiness is rubbing off on him. I think Lesnar and Orton have been tabbed by Vince as the two young guys to be the flag bearers within the next year or so.

Question: Do you think that WMXX may mark the end of the Vince/Linda McMahon era and the beginning of the Shane/Stephanie McMahon era?

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 12-8-2003 at 12:16 AM Edit Post
No. Why? While Stephanie and Shane might be in line to take over, I think it's more possible that a retiring HHH might be put at the helm of the company. Mind you, this is years down the road I'm talking about. However, my actual knowledge of Shane and Steph's position in the company behind the scenes is limited. If somebody could fill me in on that, my view might change drastically.

Next question: What do you think is the possibility of Matt Hardy and Christian teaming up? And if they are good, how will it benefit the tag division on RAW?

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

posted on 12-8-2003 at 12:29 AM Edit Post
I believe the possibilities are good that they will team up. It sort of depends on how they go with the Lita storyline.

IF they do team up, it can only help. The tag divisions, as stated in other threads, on both shows are pretty weak, and you put Matt and Christian, who have tonnes of tag experience against each other, on the same team, and there won't be many complaints.

Just to comment on the Vince Era turning over to Shane, as long as Vince is alive, it will be the Vince/Linda era. If they have to wheel him out to the ring in a wheelchair hooked to an oxygen tank with nurses and IV's and the whole nine yards, that is what they will do.

next question: It has been debated or not Benoit will get the gold, or Cena will get the gold, I want to know, will Edge ever win the big title? He beat Angle clean, he has shown he can be there, will they give him the chance?

folby
The Great One

Posts 3399
Registered 9-11-2003
Location schmocation

Mood:

posted on 12-8-2003 at 12:56 AM Edit Post
Probably. When he comes back, the marks will go ape shit. Edge was quite over when just before he left, and a nice video package prepping his return, along with a good opponent when he comes back, and he'll be up there. However, the title scene on SD! is crowded, so it all depends. But odds are, he'll eventually hold the strap.

Who was bigger (in the ratings/popularity/what they did for the business)? Hogan? Stone Cold? The Rock? Flair? Someone else? I know we talk about 'the big guys' all the time, all lumped together, but who was the biggest ever?

Things I have written recently
3/24: On Sandwiches: The Beef on Weck
3/16: The Rage Against The Machine School of Continuing Education
3/15: On Sandwiches Presents: The Best Possible Sandwich Chain

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   folby 's Aim
Screw Flanders
And I am AWESOME

Posts 125
Registered 11-27-2003

Mood: Okily Dokily

posted on 12-8-2003 at 01:54 AM Edit Post
Screw Flanders Answers: "I'll be able to answer that. Anyway with my objective opinion I'll go with a tie between Rock and Hogan. I don't think Austin had as much crowd reaction as a face like Rock did, and I never watched WCW that often..."

Screw Flanders Asks: "Here is an easy one... Who do you think is going to fill in the Nathan Jones void?"

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by Screw Flanders]

DevoniusMaximus
I do not know the secret of avatars

Posts 971
Registered 9-30-2003
Location Hamilton, OH

Mood: Subversive

posted on 12-8-2003 at 02:02 AM Edit Post
Big Show or A-Train. Both have history with Heyman and both will soon need something to do as I think Show's gonna lose the US belt to Cena and Train's been in need of something since Benoit polished him off. What better than being the Don Harris to Morgan's Ron Harris?

Question: who desperately needs to jump to the other show and why?

whyme
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1039
Registered 2-4-2003
Location in my house

Mood: Minty Fresh

posted on 12-8-2003 at 04:45 AM Edit Post
i belive that la resistance should jump to smackdown. if they were to do this, not only would they be a much needed tag team, we would get to see the apa get put to use by taking on the french scum.

plus it would make for some interesting matches between them and wgtt

should they push the intercontinental and us titles better and who should hold it to do that?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top