The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jiminy Cricket was not a restling fan! Stop wishing on a star
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 12-6-2003 at 02:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
First off, Bones:
"Unacceptable? Fuck you. You make it sound like there's 40 mental patients running around here humping legs and throwing cups of piss at each other."

Perfection.

And now, Eoghann. I haven't stepped in here, because I was hoping it would blow over, but that seems ever more increasingly unlikely. I do want to speak up, because I'd hate to see you go.
I respect you, and I've enjoyed your posts since I came here. In fact, I do believe I talked to you in chat that first night, if I'm not mistaken. At any rate, you've been a cool breeze of reason and sanity on these boards, and I commend you.

Which is why I hesitated to tell you that you're overreacting, in this case. I've watched you post your increasing displeasure on this and other threads, and honestly, kindly, I must again state: you are overreacting.
I can only speculate as to why you're feeling the way you are; perhaps it's something personal in your life, perhaps you're just getting old and cranky. But, looking at the big picture, I really think your perception has been skewed by a combination of: a.) extra sensitivity on your part, and b.) a particularly flamey period on OO. It's just the wrong combination, at the wrong time.
Have all of us (including me) been a bit riled up? Yes. Have all the flames thrown been ABSOLUTELY deserved? No. But most of the newbies who've been flamed, have been so with good reason, even if a few of us have taken a bit too much pleasure in it.
Yes, there have been many, many silly threads, full of juvenille banter and crude jokes. But, over the past couple months, I've also seen some of the best genuine discussions -- wrestling and non-wrestling related -- take place. So, it hasn't all been evil stupidity, and I think you'd admit that.

When I first came here, I was impressed by two things: intelligent debate (on virtually any subject), and uproariously funny posts with absolutely no value. It was that combination that made me stick around.
To be quite honest, I enjoy the flames. It's less of an attack on ignorant posters, and more of a competition to see who can make the others choke on their coffee. It's harmless, and I've seen many newbies pop up with silly posts, get flamed extra-crispy, then go on to become respected. In fact, there should be a "best turnaround" award, just for niles.

Eoghann, as I've said, I've enjoyed your posts greatly, and do hope you choose to stay. My advice is to give it some thought, and some time, before you decide that these boards aren't for you. And if you do decide to leave, much love, and come back to see us sometime. I'll save a leg humping and a cup of piss for ya.

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 12-6-2003 at 09:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Army, you are just reading a small part of my post and mentioning it as the whole. I said nothing against having your own views and expressing them. Its just that depending on what you say, where you say it, and who you say it to, you have to expect a response in kind.

"bite your tongue" was perhaps not my best choice of words, but surely he should have went about expressing his views in not so foolish a manner. Differences in opinions spark debate, but pissing people off in the way you state your opinions, just asks for trouble.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top