The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Buckaroo Banzai on DVD!!!!!!
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 1-5-2002 at 05:55 PM Edit Post
Buckaroo Banzai on DVD!!!!!!

yes, all you Blue Blaze Regulars can rejoice, BBAT8D is now out of DVD. I ordered mine two days ago. the Special features section on it says Deleted scenes, Oh we can only hope that that means we get to see the scenes where Jamie Lee Curtis is Buckaroos mother.

Dan (waiting by the mailbox in 5 inches of snow)

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
Cuthbert
Banned

Posts 246
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-5-2002 at 09:20 PM Edit Post
what the disk will have *spoiler*

The 411 on what is on the disk:
-Audio commentary track with the director and writer, with the writer playing the role of the real Reno through it all.
-a full subtitle track that shows "unknown facts" about the movie as it goes along... such as information about specific shots as the movie is playing, how an effect was made, etc etc.
-An alternate opening with Jamie Lee Curtis *cheers from the crowd*
-a short featurette for the movie, like you see on HBO.
-14 deleted scenes, taken from the work print (meaningg the special effects aren't done and often they have time stamps and stuff on them. usually pretty ugly, but cool to have)
-2 trailers: one new, one old
-character profiles
-details on the jet car
-photo gallery
-an archives section, which is just too cool to explain
-several easter eggs (won't tell you what or how to get them)

that is pretty much it. It also has enhancements for Nuon players, but I don't have one, so don't know what they are.

Enjoiy the disk

odessasteps
ButtViper

Posts 6
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-7-2002 at 01:10 AM Edit Post
I wish there had been two versions of the commentary -- one worked and one shoot. I really like the whole "this was real" gimmick, but I love the movie so much I'd have liked to hear more stuff about its creation.

The Jamie Lee Curtis scene is the extended film's prologue and can be blended into the film when you watch it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

posted on 1-8-2002 at 02:26 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cuthbert
that is pretty much it. It also has enhancements for Nuon players, but I don't have one, so don't know what they are.

Enjoiy the disk

Does anyone else know what a Nuon Player is?

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
Cuthbert
Banned

Posts 246
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-9-2002 at 02:05 AM Edit Post
[quoteDoes anyone else know what a Nuon Player is?

Dan

Yeah, I knwo what Nuon player is. I just said I don't have a system that is enchanced with it.

Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

posted on 1-9-2002 at 06:44 AM Edit Post
quote:

Yeah, I knwo what Nuon player is. I just said I don't have a system that is enchanced with it.

Well, what's a Nuon Player?

Dan (don't make me boot you in the head! I may pull a hamstring and it would make me cry. Have you ever seen a 6' 1" former Marine cry? it's not a pretty site, so just tell us all and spare us the horror, K?)

Cuthbert
Banned

Posts 246
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2002 at 03:49 AM Edit Post
Nuon is a technology that can be embedded in regular DVD's that allows more versatility in what it allows, in terms of applications... such as more detailed 3-D menu screens, games that you can play on your DVD player, things like that.

So in short, it is basically a technology that allows enhanced DVD's.

New Topic New Poll

go to top