The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Run Lola Run
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 1-5-2002 at 04:51 PM Edit Post
Run Lola Run

Yesterday, after hearing over a year of good reviews and my friends constantly raving about it, I picked up the DVD of Run Lola Run.

This is an awesome movie. Think the premise of Groundhog day, only taken very seriously and in a very cool direction. My jaw dropped open in amazement 4 times during this movie. Franka Potente is my new European Dream Girl^_^

Dan (movie mark)

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
Cuthbert
Banned

Posts 246
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-5-2002 at 08:23 PM Edit Post
Run Lola Run is amazing. I heard some good stuff about it when it was in theaters so I went to see it and my mind was blown. I pre-ordered the DVD as soon as I could. Not only is the chick hot, but the movie is just amazing, with its "What if" scenarios. Higly underrated movie.

Of course, you will always get bastiches who think they are too good to watch a subtitled movie.

Ultra Magnus
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1491
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Red Sox Nation

Mood: Resigned

posted on 1-6-2002 at 06:44 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cuthbert

Of course, you will always get bastiches who think they are too good to watch a subtitled movie.

Have you *seen* the English audio version on the DVD? My Bosnian friend, of all people, refused to watch it in German wth subtitles...and it SUCKED dubbed. So a disclaimer:

subtitled: good
English-dubbed: bad

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Ultra+Magnus 's Aim
Cuthbert
Banned

Posts 246
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood:

posted on 1-6-2002 at 07:44 PM Edit Post
Hehe, while I have the DVD, I honestly have never watched the dubbed version of it. Give me the subtitles anyday. regardless of how it comes out (and I believe you that its bad), it just flows better with the original language.
odessasteps
ButtViper

Posts 6
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-7-2002 at 12:17 AM Edit Post
When one of the people at our magazine reviewed it, all he did was comment about how the subtitled were translated, different from what they were actually saying in German.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ultra Magnus
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1491
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Red Sox Nation

Mood: Resigned

posted on 1-7-2002 at 02:18 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by odessasteps

When one of the people at our magazine reviewed it, all he did was comment about how the subtitled were translated, different from what they were actually saying in German.

I view subtitles as more of an aid to figure out what's going on, like the dialogue screens in old pre-talkie movies. So long as it's close, I'm happy. Dubbing usually throws the pace of a movie off. The English dub--even if it might hae been more accurate to the German--ruined the timing of the movie, which was the kiss of death for a movie that relies on its pace. Accurate or no, I'll take the subs.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Ultra+Magnus 's Aim
odessasteps
ButtViper

Posts 6
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-8-2002 at 02:30 AM Edit Post
Yes, I prefer subtitled to dubbed. I don't think you can make it through film school without learning to love subtitled movies.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 1-8-2002 at 02:39 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by odessasteps
Yes, I prefer subtitled to dubbed. I don't think you can make it through film school without learning to love subtitled movies.

sAme thing with me, only sustitute "Film School Student" with "Anime Fan"

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status

New Topic New Poll

go to top