The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: The Official OOJukebox
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 9-11-2003 at 05:40 AM Edit Post
The Official OOJukebox

I thought it might be cool if we started a Jukebox here at Online Onslaught.

Basically how it works is this; Drop a (virtual) quarter in the machine and tell us what you are listening to.

If there is a story to go with your pick then please, by all means, share.

Also, I don't really intend for this to be a place to bash the picks of others. Even though I despise Danko Jones, I would not bash Slade (in this thread at least) if he wanted to toss in a quarter to hear that um.. uh.. music. *cough*

So please, let the quarters flow.

I will start us off and toss in a quarter for Minerva by Deftones because I have it running in my head right now.

Who wants soup?

ModSquad
Hello, future girlfriend

Posts 3472
Registered 1-30-2003

Mood: Trumpy

posted on 9-11-2003 at 05:50 AM Edit Post
A quarter for Ozzy Osbourne's "Mr. Crowley." Don't know how that got stuck in the head, but it did.

In a year, we might have enough quarters for a virtual keg. But we have too many virtual people here, so I think we'd only get one virtual cup each. Unless we don't serve the underage kids. Then we each get two cups before the thing is killed.

Edit:

Virtually.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by ModSquad]

"The moment that The Rick tells me that I am in the wrong then I will stop. And since I have 10 years of reading his work under my belt I feel fairly confident that he won't since he is a proponent of thinking differently. Save the threats."

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 9-11-2003 at 05:56 AM Edit Post
Because it is THE anthem of OO (in my mind at least), I'll drop a quarter in and play "Joyride" by Roxette.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12740
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 9-11-2003 at 06:04 AM Edit Post
I can't find my CD for Groove Armada's Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub. So my first quarter goes to "Superstylin'", because I want to hear it right now.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Ando
Showstopper

Posts 665
Registered 12-24-2002
Location Kingscote, South Australia

Mood:

posted on 9-11-2003 at 06:23 AM Edit Post
Well, first of all I'll try and hit the thing like Fonzie would, but then if that didn't work I'd drop some dough in and select 'Joyride' again baby!!!!!!!

What the f##k is a hashtag?

Ando
Showstopper

Posts 665
Registered 12-24-2002
Location Kingscote, South Australia

Mood:

posted on 9-11-2003 at 08:18 AM Edit Post
Actually now I'm playing A Perfect Circle's 'Weak And Powerless' in aticipation of their new album being released here tomorrow

What the f##k is a hashtag?

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4709
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 9-11-2003 at 01:46 PM Edit Post
Dear 2HoT,

Thanks, brother.

This morning, my quarter will be used to play The Who's "Baba O'Riley". I have a jones for some of that teenage wasteland right now.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 9-11-2003 at 01:57 PM Edit Post
I'll follow up Slade's 70's style, melodic music choice, with the sweet sounds of Coldplay's "Scientist". The CD has been on constant play this past week in my Jeep.

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 9-11-2003 at 05:49 PM Edit Post
In goes a coin for "Paper Shoes" by Hawksley Workman. Damn this man is a genuis.

Who wants soup?

angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 9-11-2003 at 06:02 PM Edit Post
A dime and 3 nickels... ching ching ching ca-plink... damn. Ca-plink. Not taking my last nickel, it's got shmutz on it. Oh, here I've got another. Ching.

I'm punchin' up "Mama" from Genesis. It just came up on here on my iTunes and I love that damn song.

The Mc
And I am AWESOME

Posts 123
Registered 6-30-2003
Location Queens

Mood: ACO 4 Life!

posted on 9-11-2003 at 08:05 PM Edit Post
I throw in a quarter and change up the style with a little hip to the hop. Iim gonna snap into a slim jim and and listen to Randy Savage "Be A Man".

AntiCulture.Org - Say Nothing, Hear Nothing, See Nothing

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 9-12-2003 at 12:32 PM Edit Post
I have to drop double shot in honor of Johnny Cash and John RItter. So I'm picking 'Man in Black' in honor of the Man in Black, and the 'Three's Company' theme song in honor of John Ritter. Truly a sad day for the entertainment world.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by doublee]

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4709
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 9-12-2003 at 01:07 PM Edit Post
Well, my first pick for the morning was to go with "Johnny Appleseed" by Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros, but now I want to listen to more cash. So after I get my Joe Strummer fixin', I think I'll throw a quarter down for the "Ring of Fire".

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 9-12-2003 at 02:18 PM Edit Post
Warren Zevon, Johnny Cash, and John Ritter all in the same week? Well that highly sucks.

I am sure Johnny Cash will be well represented today so I am gonna toss in a quarter for "Life'll Kill Ya" by Warren Zevon. It just seems appropriate...

Who wants soup?

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 9-12-2003 at 03:55 PM Edit Post
I'll slap down a quarter for Cash's version of "Hurt". Just when you didn't think someone could put more angst into the song than Reznor, the Man in Black comes and puts us all on our asses. He'll be sorely missed.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

metallikid
The Immortal One

Posts 4898
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Orlando, Florida

Mood: Super

posted on 9-12-2003 at 09:53 PM Edit Post
I'll put a quarter in, for who else, Metallica. Here is Seek and Destroy because I've been singing it for a few days now.

It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Ultra Magnus
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1491
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Red Sox Nation

Mood: Resigned

posted on 9-12-2003 at 11:12 PM Edit Post
I'll put quarters in for "Folsom Prison Blues," "Man in Black," "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner," "Lawyers, Guns, and Money," and then a shitload of songs by Nsync. Then I'll listen to the first four and leave when the Nsync starts.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Ultra+Magnus 's Aim
LillyX
And I am AWESOME

Posts 242
Registered 2-2-2003

Mood: hmm

posted on 9-13-2003 at 01:03 AM Edit Post
I'm plunking down fifty cents for Sineing Star by the Manhattins because it's stuck in my head. I'm also plyaing Tribe Call Quest Hot Sex on a Platter because they mention John Ritter's name.

Just like beauty, negativity is in the eye of the beholder

Alana
Legend Thriller

Posts 1081
Registered 1-23-2003
Location Soviet Georgia

Mood:

posted on 9-14-2003 at 05:12 AM Edit Post
I'll toss in a quarter for Blind Melon's "Dear Old Dad." I've had the song stuck in my head all day.

Assaulted by The Man on two separate occasions!

Proud winner of the 2004 & 2005 BOOardie - Best Avatar. Beat that, bitches!

The Broad's Blog

AriestheRam
Showstopper

Posts 566
Registered 3-27-2003
Location Madison, WI

Mood: Cold

posted on 9-14-2003 at 06:11 AM Edit Post
I'll throw in a quarter for Hank, Jr's "A Country Boy Can Survive" because I'm listening to it right now and then another for Warren Zevon's version of "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me"

Have you noticed that in every group of people there is a guy who just knows shit? He has no explanation for how he knows it or any reason to know it, he just knows shit. Be careful around that guy, he is thinking of ways to kill you.

For some odd reason I am on Twitter. You can follow me @BPF32781

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AriestheRam 's Aim   AriestheRam 's Yahoo
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4709
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 9-14-2003 at 05:01 PM Edit Post
No wat, Jeb. You aren't the onyl Mescaleros fan in these parts. I love the Mescaleros. I love all things Joe Strummer. In fact, I was never too big on The Pogues, but after I learned that Strummer thought so highly of them that he even joined the band and took over as the frontman on tours after Shane MacGowan was fired, I decided to reevaluate my opinion of The Pogues. My opinion of the band is much more favourable now, although I still don't own any of their records. That is a problem I need to rectify. But I have the two Mescaleros albums and all of The Clash albums, including Cut The Crap (and let us never talk of it ever again).

I agree that London Calling is easily one of the 10 best albums ever recorded. In fact, for me, it is a strong contender for the best album ever recorded. At any rate, I can safely say that it is the best double-album ever recorded.

So, for right now I'm going to throw a quarter down to play "Train In Vain" by The Clash, because Jeb didn't play it, and it is my favourite song from London Calling.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 9-14-2003 at 11:57 PM Edit Post
Because I have come to the conclusion that Slades taste in music is not in fact as bad as I previously thought, I am gonna toss in a quarter for "Heavy Metal Drummer" by Wilco.

Their album "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" was one of the best albums of 2002 and it was Slade who put me on to it.

... looks like I am having crow for dinner tonight.

Who wants soup?

markout
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1300
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Elsewhere

Mood: Zen-tastic

posted on 9-15-2003 at 04:23 AM Edit Post
I can dig the Wilco. I'll put some change down for "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" and "Reservations" off YHF as well.

Do NOT fuck with my chi.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12740
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 9-15-2003 at 05:21 AM Edit Post
just bought the Junior Senior album today, and I love it!

A quarter for "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior. Go check out their music video for that song, it's a trip!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4709
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 9-15-2003 at 08:37 PM Edit Post
I'll drop 50 cents in the jukebox so that I can listen to both the opening and closing tracks form the Tricky Woo album Les Sables Magique. Those songs are "Ring Sweet Mercy" and "Winter". This band is wicked to the max, my friends.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top