The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Angle's getting screwed.
fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 2-22-2002 at 09:02 PM Edit Post
Angle's getting screwed.

I totally echo Rick's take in OO today. For the past year, no one besides Austin has been a better worker than Angle. With his promos, amazing heat and in-ring work, there's no reason why Angle shouldn't be in the main event in some capacity. Besides, with Jericho in Canada, who would be the heel?

Thoughts?

Puritan
And I am AWESOME

Posts 142
Registered 1-18-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 2-22-2002 at 09:23 PM Edit Post
I totally agree.

Although one could argue that Kane's been getting screwed for a long time... after all, the reason why he doesn't look plausible is because the writers haven't done anything interesting with him in a long time.

But that aside, given the current situation as it is, Angle definitely should be doing something more than fighting Kane at Wrestlemania. Unless Chris Benoit makes a miraculous month-early return for Wrestlemania to feud with Angle again, Angle should be in the main event.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 2-22-2002 at 09:24 PM Edit Post
Sometimes a guy's gotta do what's god for business and that is exactly what Angle should do. The fed gave him four major titles and a KoR victory in his first year. That should be reward enouigh for him. Triple threat matches littered the card at WM2000 and look how ridiculus that was.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Puritan
And I am AWESOME

Posts 142
Registered 1-18-2002

posted on 2-22-2002 at 09:27 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Sometimes a guy's gotta do what's god for business and that is exactly what Angle should do. The fed gave him four major titles and a KoR victory in his first year. That should be reward enouigh for him. Triple threat matches littered the card at WM2000 and look how ridiculus that was.

Yeah, but I don't think Angle/Kane would be "good for business", so to speak. It smacks more of a tag team turmoil match (thrown together at the last minute) than a real Wrestlemania-worthy match (i.e. long buildup, good history, building up to a final showdown). I've got nothing against Kane per se, but his character hasn't gone anywhere as of yet, and I'm only slightly interested in the match because I'm a die-hard Angle fan. It's not a match that will hype Wrestlemania and ramp up the buyrate, I wouldn't think...

dw1
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 99
Registered 1-5-2002
Location nyc

posted on 2-22-2002 at 10:08 PM Edit Post
It just seem like a waste to have Angle against an opponent whom he cant have verbal confrontations with.Thats one part of what makes Angle so great to watch.I do think Kane should be at Mania but I really think there has got to be a better option than sticking Angle with Kane. WHat about Angle vs RVD,Lance Storm, or Edge.What about Angle vs. Flair,and give Taker to Nash.
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 2-22-2002 at 11:06 PM Edit Post
It's just a state of the complacency of the WWF booking team. The days of WM being the blow-off to months long feuds is over, I'm sorry to say. So are the days of long title reigns and turns being a big deal.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
master yoda
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 1-16-2002

posted on 2-22-2002 at 11:47 PM Edit Post
One way to turn HHH heel would be to have him win the title as a face. But during the Rock Hogan match, assuming that match goes last, is have HHH run in and help hogan win. Then join the NWO.
But I don't see him turning heel. The WWF has a good balance between faces and heels right now. if anything there's to many heels and turning HHH really isn't needed right now. I think anyway.

Milky
And I am AWESOME

Posts 239
Registered 1-24-2002
Location Victoria, BC, Canada

posted on 2-25-2002 at 08:14 PM Edit Post
Why not have a 3-way match at Wrestlemania?

Angle should be injected into the main-event at WM. Here's why:

Although by and large most three way or four corner matches are not as good as a solid one and one contest, they aren't doomed to always fail. I can remeber a few good ones on my own.

How about the Rock vs HHH vs Angle at Summerslam 00? This was actually proof that with the right booking, the right talent, and a surprise (in Angle's minor concussion) a three way can work. How about Jericho vs Angle vs Benoit for the IC and Euro Titles? Great match. ECW used this gimmick quite well in their 3-way dances. Anyone remeber Justin Credible coming from nowhere to win his first title. Heyman can book this shit well.

Anyway, the talent is there. Angle and Triple H have already had a good three way as mentionned. So have Jericho and Angle. This can be a belt swapping match to cause the split as already mentionned. Steph can add some drama and surprises. Have Angle and HHH repeat the table spot from Summerslam or something to please the real wrestling fans. Or have some other high spot followed by an injury. Have it be an elimination match or have someone kicked out by Flair for cheating.

Both Kane and especially Angle deserve better. All this needs to work is some care from the bookers. So I ask: Why not?

Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 2-28-2002 at 06:17 AM Edit Post
While I agree that Angle is one of the best guys in the roster (he's also my favorite wrestler and has been since his debut), I'm not too upset that he's not super main event boy right now. You can't just stick every talented wrestler right into the main event. You have to even out the card so it doesn't become even more top-heavy. Angle's in the same boat as RVD. They could have pushed RVD to the moon if they wanted to, but they backed off on it, because they know there will be plenty of room for him in the future.
BigBlue86
Fella

Posts 448
Registered 1-11-2002

posted on 3-1-2002 at 04:57 PM Edit Post
Oh...I dunno if I want to see that. Ewww!

Waldorf
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 66
Registered 3-1-2002
Location Virginia

Mood: Indigo

posted on 3-1-2002 at 05:35 PM Edit Post
Is Kurt still contemplating a return to the Olympics in 2004? If so, he said he needed 2 years to get in shape, which would put him at about, any day now. I got to thinking: What would I do if I were booking WrestleMainia and I had a guy as talented as Angle but I knew he may be leaving for an extended hiatus soon. I think I would put him in match against someone who needs some help getting over. Is that what is happening? Maybe.

New Topic New Poll

go to top