The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Negative: Too Many McMahons?
Clint Johnson
Banned

Posts 29
Registered 7-8-2003

Mood:

posted on 7-13-2003 at 06:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Negative: Too Many McMahons?

In light of the Hulk Hogan departure from the WWE, I have noticed that both Steph and Vince have started to do more Hogan mannerisms and book themselves deeper into the major/upper-midcard storylines.

I mean they wanted to book him as a goofy old man, and *NOT* as the monster he used to be, but Vince McMahon gets to be booked as a monster and even Steph seems to possesed by the ghost of Hogan when she speared Sable in the dressing room on Smackdown. Typical double standard from the WWE that made it okay for Shawn Michaels to "relinquish" a title because "he lost his smile," but it was okay to "screw" Bret Hart because he wouldn't job to Shawn Michaels in Canada. Which is why I'm happy Hogan did quit, but if Vince/Steph think that Hogan was the major problem for wanting to hog the spotlight, they are wrong.

Vince and Steph should both think about taking a bow out too, and quickly and maybe we'll at least see Vince bow out by the end of this month. I mean, if we believe the rumors it was to be Vince vs. Mr. America in a Hair/Mask match. Yawn! More Vince/Hogan feud, instead of allowing one of the top Main Eventers to job to the man that made the WWF.

Now he's gone and instead of Vince just bowing out, he books himself against Zach Gawlon. A 58-yr old non-wrestler and a one-legged guy that has a few decent moves. I don't mind seeing Zach wrestle, but to me any "wrestler" should be able to squash McMahon like a bug in 20 seconds, including Zach and should have been Hogan at Mania too.

Steph also seems to think more of her is the answer, as she once again books herself to wrestle Sable, the female Kevin Nash. The only good thing about Sable was she had a powerbomb and a great ass. Now she looks 50 and unless Steph has actually done some training (outside of 'wrestling' Triple H), this is going to be ugly.

The rest of the Smackdown writing, as of late, has been stuff I don't care about, but the other fans love (cruiserweights, Benoit, Rhyno), and the stuff I really love (Big Show Main Eventing again, Angle, Brock's Hulk Hogan gimmick which is working, and John Cena). However, it would be much better if the Vince stuff was closed and that time was given to the other "established guys" and the guys that need to be established in their field.

Instead we get the opposite. Hogan quits, but we keep the exact formula with Zach now in the lead. Vince McMahon must not realize that the Wrestlemania buyrate was half of his fault too.

[Edited on 7-13-2003 by Clint Johnson]

"One voice, many faces," The alien of Shaka-Ri.

nilesanderson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1643
Registered 5-2-2003
Location Halifax, Nova Scotia

Mood: Superior

posted on 7-13-2003 at 03:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't like you.

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 7-14-2003 at 10:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, I'm gonna miss this guy. Jesus, that post was actually a little scary in its utter stupidity.

And btw, niles, your reply was just too fucking cute --- lmao.

[Edited on 7-14-2003 by rasslinjunkie]

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 7-14-2003 at 02:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"I don't like you."

F'n beautiful.

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

madiq
Crusader for Pure Truth

Posts 2131
Registered 7-5-2002
Location Brooklyn, New York, the capital of the Universe

Mood:

posted on 7-14-2003 at 03:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You guys are BRUTAL....
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   madiq 's Aim
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 7-14-2003 at 07:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Heh...

Just wait till we turn on YOU...

Who wants soup?

angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 7-14-2003 at 07:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"You guys are BRUTAL..."

I've found that if you're smart, you should lurk a LOT before you start posting on these, or ANY boards. If a person finds out the way we do things before they start posting dumb bullshit, they won't get run outta Dodge. Lots of the 411ers come here to see what is going on at Rick's little site and then expect the rules/attitudes of the other boards to apply here. Oops. Other people are just stupid.

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 7-15-2003 at 01:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Lots of the 411ers come here to see what is going on at Rick's little site and then expect the rules/attitudes of the other boards to apply here.

Exactly. That's probably the only advice I'd give to newbies... take everything you've seen on other wrestling message boards/newsgroups, and do the exact opposite.

You'll be one of the regulars in no time

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top