The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Apologies...
OOLee
This Space For Rent

Posts 48
Registered 2-6-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 2-19-2002 at 06:09 PM Edit Post
Apologies...

I just want to apologize to the readers for missing Monday night. But when duty calls...well, you know the rest.

I did manage to check out portions of it and decided that I should give a quick opinion or two on the show.

First off - overall - it was a good show. It was a lot of the stuff that worked with the NWO in the old days - when they did exactly opposite of what you thought they would. I thought they were going to rush Austin in the ring, but tey turned around. I knew Austin was going to be arrested - he always is.

The Rock-Hogan thing was a riot...Dwayne is at his best when he actually has something to say against his opponent, and sticking him with Hogan will make the creative juices flow for him. The NWO attack was also well played out - but I hate the carnage and destruction of the ambulance sequence. It wont make any sense when he comes back from being run over my a semi truck.

Also, as a reporter from the Chicagoland area, seeing the Rosemont Police being used in the vignette makes me want to FOI the police department to determine if the village was paid for the use of the squads - both police and ambulance - for the sequence. It makes you wonder...

As for the rest of the program, I was fairly happy. Overall I would have given it a seven out of 10.

Again, sorry I missed out on the S-CJ this week, but duty called.

Later

etee
Fella

Posts 316
Registered 1-5-2002
Location in front of my PC.

Mood: Radio-active.

posted on 2-20-2002 at 01:40 AM Edit Post
No apology necessary... that type of things happens, sometimes.
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 2-20-2002 at 04:06 AM Edit Post
Ok, I hesitated to post this because I didn't want it to appear as if I was disagreeing with Lee on principle. I realize that I have been critical of him in the past and understand that it may appear as if I am arguing for the sake of arguing. Please believe me, I'm not.

That being said, I have to admit that I really dug the "semi-truck smashing the ambulance" thing last night. I think it served a good purpose in establishing the NWO as monster heels (because they were still popping the crowd even after the No Way Out Austin attack and subsequent "livertailing" on RAW). It also harkened back to the days of beer trucks and zambonis. I know that the in-ring product is a good thing to focus on but sometimes little diversion is neccesary. Just my own opinion of course.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
master yoda
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 1-16-2002

posted on 2-20-2002 at 08:41 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Ok, I hesitated to post this because I didn't want it to appear as if I was disagreeing with Lee on principle. I realize that I have been critical of him in the past and understand that it may appear as if I am arguing for the sake of arguing. Please believe me, I'm not.

That being said, I have to admit that I really dug the "semi-truck smashing the ambulance" thing last night. I think it served a good purpose in establishing the NWO as monster heels (because they were still popping the crowd even after the No Way Out Austin attack and subsequent "livertailing" on RAW). It also harkened back to the days of beer trucks and zambonis. I know that the in-ring product is a good thing to focus on but sometimes little diversion is neccesary. Just my own opinion of course.

yeah i dug it too. the nwo had to do something LARGE to set themselves up as heels. show why they should be feared. the smart fan may not care for the logic behind it but alot of people were talking about it at work the other day so i say mission accomplished.

OOLee
This Space For Rent

Posts 48
Registered 2-6-2002

posted on 2-21-2002 at 12:03 AM Edit Post
First off - Eli - always feel free to express you opinions and I will never say that you are arguing with me just for the sake of arguing. Believe me, I never take anything in this business to a point where it pisses me off, so always feel free add your impressions to anything I write.

As for the NWO thing...I can see your point. It did spark the bad heel thing in a lot of people and was well played out for what it was, but I also see the "Let's drop Triple H from a car off a crane and not explain why he's back in a week" situation kicking in.

To me - when a wrestler takes a big bump like that - and JR and the King sell it like it's the end of the world - then the guy shows up in a week, then it's friggin stupid. The zamboni and beer truck - as well as Angle's milk truck - didn't result in people being led off "near-death" in an ambulance. This did..and I know the storyline will not explain the Rocks return to television in 10 days.

However, I say the WWF should pull out all the stops and bring in the big hardware. I say throw cars off 50 story skyscrapers - go ahead and use bombs -hell throw a car off a skyscraper with a bomb attached to it!!! Hell, go all out - but don't bring the wrestler back in a week with a cut on his forehead.

When Dwayne comes back from his 2 week vacation, he better be carrying his spleen around in a baggy on his waist or else I'm going to look back at Monday and bitch about the whole semi-truck accident.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 2-21-2002 at 05:24 AM Edit Post
I agree with you on that. Rock should probably wear a neck brace or sling or cast or something until his match at WM. Hell, he'd HAVE to sell an injury to get the fans (smart or mark) to believe Hogan stands even a remote chance of beating him at WM. We shall see.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 2-21-2002 at 07:44 AM Edit Post
I'll bet 20 bucks Rocky will be back in two weeks with taped up ribs.

New Topic New Poll

go to top