The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Last Gasp of the NWO
deuce
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 61
Registered 2-18-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 2-19-2002 at 02:09 PM Edit Post
Last Gasp of the NWO

Okay, I can't remember for the life of me, and it's starting to bug me. The LAST inception of the NWO, the Russo-NWO, had:

Jeff Jarett
Bret Hart
Kevin Nash

...and who else? There was a fourth that I just can't remember.

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 2-19-2002 at 02:48 PM Edit Post
scott steiner?
AboveAverage1
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 22
Registered 2-3-2002
Location Canada

posted on 2-19-2002 at 08:40 PM Edit Post
Vince Russo
Bret Hart
Kevin Nash
Jeff Jarret
Scott Steiner
Scott Hall
Heavy-D
Big Ron

Hart got injured, Hall got drunk or injured or both, Nash got injured remeber he had amnisa(sp?) so that left Jeff Jarret and he Harris Brothers to do all the work and it ended VERY quickly.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Jyri Erik
Fella

Posts 259
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood: Ring

posted on 2-20-2002 at 02:11 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by AboveAverage1

Nash got injured remember he had amnesia

And who can forget when he thought he was Batman? Boy, that amnesia bit was PURE "genius".

Jyri

AboveAverage1

Posts 22
Registered 2-3-2002
Location Canada

posted on 2-20-2002 at 08:56 PM Edit Post
I remember on Thunder Nash tried calling Comissinor Gordan only to get Ralphus's cell phone.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 2-21-2002 at 07:42 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jyri Erik
quote:

Nash got injured remember he had amnesia

And who can forget when he thought he was Batman? Boy, that amnesia bit was PURE "genius".

I didn't watch much WCW in the final days, but I REALLY hope you're pullin' my leg here... But I'm not gonna be suprised if that angle actually happened..

Jyri Erik
Fella

Posts 259
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood: Ring

posted on 2-22-2002 at 04:49 PM Edit Post
I wish I was kidding about that too, but I'm not. Amazing the level of craptitude that was WCW in the last few months (although Leia Meow jumping on a trampoline was at least fun). Only thing that made it even bearable was seeing the few guys left who cared (mostly cruiserweights) try and put on ***+ matches despite the crappy angles and non-existant heat from the crowd.

Jyri

estragand
And I am AWESOME

Posts 200
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Denver

posted on 2-22-2002 at 10:41 PM Edit Post
Actually..I think he believed he was Commissioner Gordon, of Batman fame. In some convoluted story, Nash became comissioner of WCW, got ammnesia, and then thought he was Commissioner Gordon. But it's the same thing..I knew whatcha meant

When this version of the NWO first debutted at the tail end of 1999, they all had titles. Jarrett was the US Champ, Nash and Hall the tag champs, and Bret Hart was the World Champ.

Steiner was added about two weeks later, after a bogus "retirement" angle. Harris Boys were added around late January of 2000...seems to me the only reaosn the Harris boys were added was because the NWO needed warm bodies. Everyone else was injured and Jarret was the only full time performer left.

Injuries killed what little momentum this angle had. Not just to the NWO, but to their opponents as well- remember Goldberg slicing his arm while attacking the NWO limo? After that, it looked liked Benoit might become their main opponent..but we all know what happened there.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   estragand 's Aim
NNCW Paul Douglas
Showstopper

Posts 575
Registered 1-28-2002
Location The Hallway

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2002 at 07:16 PM Edit Post
quote:
I remember on Thunder Nash tried calling Comissinor Gordan only to get Ralphus's cell phone.

Oh God. The one TV taping that came to Reno and it was at the height of the Sullivan blundering. How the hell could he mistake Reno for Gotham. I mean, this is nothing like New York.
And by the way, when the hell did the Harris' become nWo members? I remember them just being goons that Double J hired when the nWo went to shit (agayne).

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Aim   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Yahoo
Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 3-4-2002 at 07:20 PM Edit Post
I'm positive they were full-fledged members. They also had the worst name for a tag-team ever: Creative Control.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
NNCW Paul Douglas
Showstopper

Posts 575
Registered 1-28-2002
Location The Hallway

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2002 at 07:29 PM Edit Post
Creative Control was the name they used while working with "The Powers That Be". After that, they were just "The Harris Brothers". Of course now this whoel thing with them is going to send me into months of previous crappy WCW PPVs until I find out the truth.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Aim   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Yahoo
AboveAverage1

Posts 22
Registered 2-3-2002
Location Canada

posted on 3-4-2002 at 08:10 PM Edit Post
They were Creative Control for the Powers That Be until the Powers That Be started up the nWo the Harris boys were goons for them until everyone got injured then they became members I remember they actually said "you're members now" or something like that, anyways they were members. Until the nWo just died, I don't remember if it was killed or everybody just used the out of sight out of mind style.

New Topic New Poll

go to top