The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: OO Lineage
etee
Fella

Posts 316
Registered 1-5-2002
Location in front of my PC.

Mood: Radio-active.

posted on 2-18-2002 at 09:24 PM Edit Post
OO Lineage

If my memory serves me correct...

Back when I started reading OO, it and MiCasa had joined to form WrestleManiacs. Which was bought out by Sportsline and became Wrestleline. After awhile, Wretlemaniacs faded off, but has since come back aliased to something called "Wrestlewire".

What actually happened to "Wrestlemaniacs" after Sportsline bought it? Did SL sell the domain name, or did The Rick sell it, or did it just lapse and a new group pick it up? Is there any lineage between OO and Wrestlewire?

Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 2-19-2002 at 06:34 AM Edit Post
I think I remember reading somewhere that Sportsline forgot to renew the WM domain and someone else picked it up.

Of course, I could be wrong, which begs the question of why I try to answer questions here in the first place

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4380
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 2-19-2002 at 10:12 PM Edit Post
When Mike and I did our deal with SportsLine, we handed over control of "WrestleManiacs.com" to them, so that they could have it re-direct to Wrestline.com...

About 6 months into our 2 year deal, SportsLine decided not to renew the domain name, and also not to tell us what was going on. I finally realize this about 2 months after the fact, only to find out that some guy out in California had already re-registered the name.

I don't know what value the domain has today, but I'm sure right after he bought it up, he siphoned off a bunch of unwittingly readers to his little newsboard.

Other than an brief cyber-squating case brought against the Wrestlewire guys by Mike (which we lost because we never actually did the trademark paperwork for the WrestleManiacs name), there has been no contact or relationship between them and OO/WM.

Later....

Rick
rick@onlineonslaught.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
etee
Fella

Posts 316
Registered 1-5-2002
Location in front of my PC.

Mood: Radio-active.

posted on 2-20-2002 at 01:35 AM Edit Post
Speaking of Mike...

Speaking of Mike...

... I know that after he graduated from law school, he has pretty well dropped off (no more MiCasa). Do you keep in touch with him? Does he still follow pro wrestling at all? Is he considering a comeback (a la nWo)?

He was another one who put out good info without being full of himself - and that type is sorely missed.

master yoda
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 1-16-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 2-20-2002 at 07:19 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by etee
Speaking of Mike...

He was another one who put out good info without being full of himself - and that type is sorely missed.

tell me about it. what is it with the vast majority of internet writers that think theirs is the ony opinion that matters? its gotten way to tiresome and is the reason why this is the only wrestling site i visit.

Bastitch
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 79
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Vallejo, California

Mood: ::oblivious::

posted on 2-25-2002 at 08:11 PM Edit Post
Mike, Rick ad Al

I've always considered Mike Samuda, Rick Scaia and Al Issacs (Of scoopscentral/scoopswrestling.com fame) the only 3 Internet wrestling writers who's opinions I truely respected....

Okay, I'll get off their nuts now....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NNCW Paul Douglas
Showstopper

Posts 575
Registered 1-28-2002
Location The Hallway

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2002 at 07:10 PM Edit Post
Hell, I always thought that "Downtown" Dave had a great opinion. But maybe that was because we share the same anti-Schiavone brain chemmicals. By the way, does anyone know why he ended his columns with "Soup"?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Aim   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger   NNCW+Paul+Douglas 's Yahoo
Jyri Erik
Fella

Posts 259
Registered 1-3-2002

Mood: Ring

posted on 3-4-2002 at 10:33 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by NNCW Paul Douglas
Hell, I always thought that "Downtown" Dave had a great opinion. But maybe that was because we share the same anti-Schiavone brain chemmicals. By the way, does anyone know why he ended his columns with "Soup"?

Because he's ready for soup? Seriously, I did know at one point but forget. But there's a simple answer. Just email him & he'll probably tell you.

Jyri

New Topic New Poll

go to top