The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Olympic Gold: It Feels So Good
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4741
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 6-27-2003 at 12:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Olympic Gold: It Feels So Good

Today I have become the 9th member of the 1000 Posts Club, and only the 11th person to accomplish this feat at OO (if you do not know who the other two are, they are Ryan O'Reily and #tcb/Bud Ellock/Goose/Norm).

Anyhow, first and foremost, I'd like to thank God, my record company, and my producers.

Next I'd like to thank the following people for giving me plenty of reasons to make it to 1000, none of which, I would like to point out, thanked me in any of their acceptance speeches when they made it to 500, 1000 or 2000 posts:

Salmonjunkie, 2HoT, Big Fat Goalie, Metallikid, Ando and Lucky Lopez. You all get lumped together and thanked specially for being the people who engage in the musical debates the most. Without your support and without that forum I would probably be doing my 500 Posts Club acceptance speech (since it wouldn't have been amended to 850 Posts because I wouldn't have had the clout to make that amendment).

Bonestein, CP Devine, Eli, Denethor and Jeb, for inspiring me to shoot for the stars and to follow in your foot steps.

I'd also like to thank Doublee, OO Mike, OO Kyle, Laner, Timmy, Shastar, Pistol Pez, Milky, Krydor, Eoghann, Mr. Justin B, and Angles Gold Medals for being all-star members of the OO Forums.

Furthermore, I'd like to thank Alana for being a hot chick.

Next, I shall thank the follow people, none of which have made any of the exclusive OO Post Clubs, but all of whom are cool people who no doubt would thank me if they made it to 500, 850, 1000, or 2000 posts:

The Mods for being super administrators.

Stormtrooper, D-Rock, Ultra Magnus, Beaten Like A Government Mule, Mr. Mysterious 2, Mallrat, Markout, BoerboelLVR, BC, Promoter 2003, Thom, Sharshooter, Angstboy, eViL, Outback Jack, Mooseheadjack, Dr. Pivo and OO Rick, for no particular reason.

I'd also like to thank Rasslinjunkie for being a hot chick.

And finally, I'd like to thank the fans. Without you, none of this would've been possible.

Thank you.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 6-27-2003 at 12:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I got my Gold
Now you got gold too

(I didn't want to Haiku )

congrats and welcome.

btw, did you bring the beer?

[Edited on 6-27-2003 by cpdevine1]

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 6-27-2003 at 01:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no, I am not disturbed by it at all. I just have alot of time to be online. I go on at work, and I can basically be online for almost the full eight hours (it's a good job). As far as number of posts, the majority of them are worthwhile posts I would like to think, even if they are not page long essays. I stay out of flame wars, and for the most part until the Six Degrees of Wrestling thread (something to do...) started, I stayed pretty much away from the Graveyard. So no, I am not disturbed at all by how many posts I have.

It is also easier to rack up posts since I started then it was in the early days of the site I am sure as well. Not as many posters, not as many discussions.

oh, and he only registered about 2 weeks after I did, so it appears even worse

[Edited on 6-27-2003 by cpdevine1]

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12817
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 6-27-2003 at 02:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is for you slade:

salmonjunkie has attached this image:
Image could not be shown

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 6-27-2003 at 03:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Guy in the 4th row's saying something nasty about you...

jus' lookin' out for ya...

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
salmonjunkie

Posts 12817
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 6-27-2003 at 05:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Guy in the 4th row: "That Slade is a dumb wanker."

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Ando
Showstopper

Posts 665
Registered 12-24-2002
Location Kingscote, South Australia

Mood:

posted on 6-27-2003 at 05:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congrats bro, I thought I might just beat you there in the end, but no, you laid the smacketh down on my candyass. Prepare for my award acceptance speech this weekend, and I WILL bring the beer!

What the f##k is a hashtag?

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 6-27-2003 at 05:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congrats, Slade. I will try my very best to antagonize you on up to 2000 posts.

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 6-27-2003 at 01:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congratulations Slade. We've all decided to throw a party in your honor. I booked Radiohead to play. You like them, right?

AnglesGoldMedals
Showstopper

Posts 686
Registered 2-13-2003
Location From wherever he damn well pleases (Newcastle, UK)

Mood: "Break it!

posted on 6-27-2003 at 07:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good job Slade... Here's to the next 1k.

"all-star member". Heh, heh - He said member. Yuk.

Now with 20% less Kellett...

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   AnglesGoldMedals 's Yahoo
Krydor
The Man

Posts 5425
Registered 10-28-2002
Location In

Mood: Going to Maiden

posted on 6-27-2003 at 08:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What can one say to a fellow who is humble in his moment of supreme glory? Only "way to go".

I'm just waiting until AnglesGoldMedals becomes an Olympic Gold Medalist. That could be the coolest acceptance speech of all time.

Wait a second, I should have 1000 posts by now. Christ, I'm a slacker. I registered on 10-26-2002!

[Edited on 6-27-2003 by Krydor]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   Krydor 's Aim   Krydor 's Yahoo
AnglesGoldMedals
Showstopper

Posts 686
Registered 2-13-2003
Location From wherever he damn well pleases (Newcastle, UK)

Mood: "Break it!

posted on 6-27-2003 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Krydor - Erm, no... It won't be that good.

I'll probably just do a celeration jig, and then start crying - just like everybody's favourite gold medalist did back in Atlanta '96.

Now with 20% less Kellett...

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   AnglesGoldMedals 's Yahoo
Krydor
The Man

Posts 5425
Registered 10-28-2002
Location In

Mood: Going to Maiden

posted on 6-27-2003 at 10:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fine, 10-28-2002. Jeesh!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   Krydor 's Aim   Krydor 's Yahoo
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4741
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 6-27-2003 at 11:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I see the guy in the fourth row saying bad things about me to the guy to his right. He's an ass clown!

On the contrary, my dear Rasslinjunkie. If either one of us will be antagonizing the other to a milestone, I'll be the one taking you to the top. Count on it, babe.

Hey, that sounds good Angstboy. I enjoy sucking on a good lemon every now and then.

Hey, check out the hardware!

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 6-28-2003 at 03:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
*twitch*

You just don't learn, do you, Slade?

Very well, we will drive each other on to the top. But by that point, we may have become Bones and Goalie.

Dibs on Bones. Hehheh, I can't believe I just called "dibs" on a person. But, "dibs" just the same.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4741
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 6-28-2003 at 03:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can't call dibs on Bonestein. I've been a BF'er for a hell of a lot longer than you have. Look, if you get Bones, I'm gonna go all Jeb on your ass, sucka!

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 6-28-2003 at 04:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I ain't ascared of Jeb; bring it on, artist formerly known as Slade. Thy posts shall rise to new heights.

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 6-28-2003 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Don't threaten me, you boymeat-lovin' old man; I'll take that silly hat of yours and stick it up your ass!

[Edited on 6-28-2003 by rasslinjunkie]

salmonjunkie

Posts 12817
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 6-28-2003 at 07:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There is so much sexual innuendo in the above posts...

Slade: "I'll be the one taking you to the top. Count on it, babe. "

RJ: "Very well, we will drive each other on to the top." "Dibs on Bones."

Slade: "I've been a BF'er for a hell of a lot longer than you have. Look, if you get Bones, I'm gonna go all Jeb on your ass, sucka!" (that one has so many, I don't know where to start)

RJ: "Thy posts shall rise to new heights."

Jeb: "You will be." (Ok, there's none in there, but I didn't want to leave the pope out of this)

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 6-28-2003 at 08:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone else noticed that there is a trend developing for a substantial percentage of threads to break down into rasslinjunkie vs Jeb?

It happens more often that HHH is brought up...

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 6-28-2003 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually, Lucky, I can explain it very easily. The Pope is psychotic. He craves attention from you guys, as he secretly longs for your gentle caresses, and uses the foolish attacks on me as a way of expressing his jealousy and rage. You see how he just pops up uninvited into fights to attack me once more? That is his way of saying "love ME, you guys, love ME!" He's probably crying in his room right now, muttering "I hate her! It's not fair! Why are they always paying attention to her?"

Hehheh. Fuck off, you silly bastard.

Oh and Sal, very cool. Yes, there is just sexual tension aplenty here, isn't there?

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4741
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 6-28-2003 at 02:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, there is a lot of sexual tension in here and somehow it always finds its way back to me.

Thanks, Sal. I'm proud that you would vote for my statement as the one with the most sexual inuendo. If I cannot out-sleeze everybody with my posts, then I haven't been doing my job properly.

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 6-28-2003 at 06:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congrats to Slade on reaching the milestone. My Canuckian bro on the other side, you do nice work.

And yes, it's funny that there are more rj vs. Jeb threads going now than me vs. bfg ones. Maybe me and him are growing up. Hah.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 6-28-2003 at 07:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
somehow I doubt it...

Who wants soup?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top