Author: Subject: NWA-TNA STRIKE AGAIN!
Norm
Banned

Posts 179
Registered 5-8-2003

Mood: Retartedd

posted on 6-5-2003 at 04:03 AM Edit Post
NWA-TNA STRIKE AGAIN!

I fell asleep during the damn show twice. It is sad when two rugmuchers, a girlie-man and the no-talent son of Bill Watts is the highlight of the show.

D-Lo vs. AJ Styles as the "bringing the house down" match? Whatever. The match was a ** before the overbooked crap with Raven beating up D-Lo. The only good thing about that match was that maybe TNA will get smart and get the title on Raven after the "WWA UNIFICATION" gets to be shown on PPV this week.

Rhetorical Quetions

Why does every Main Event/Upper Midcard type match has to be overbooked nonsense?

Why does Trinity continue being abused by Kid Kash, when she weighs 100 pounds more and is 2 feet taller?

Why hasn't Russo had Sonny Sakai mock the Rock before tonight?

What is Russo's hangup on sticking six cruiserweights in a six-man tag match?

Why did TNA get rid of the TNA-tron and the tron-videos? Running out of money, Vinny-Ru?

Why am I glad I didn't pay for this shit.

As a child, I was raped by a koala. Twice. Once on Earth Day and once on Christmas. But I got my Christmas wish.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 6-5-2003 at 04:09 AM Edit Post
So many questions, so little interest...

Who wants soup?

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 6-5-2003 at 05:14 AM Edit Post
AS the self designated TNA mark on OO...

WHY THE HELL DID YOU WRITE THAT?!

You HATE TNA. You call it garbage. You said to me that you have no tolerance for indy wrestlers. You appear to HATE Russo and his writing. You know what I like to do sometimes? I like to find something that I enjoy in theory... say baseball. I go and find a level of it that I believe to be mediocre at best and completely below what would entertain me... say single A... or maybe women's college softball. Then I like to find a team that plays in a style I absolutely hate and are coached by someone I believe to be a fool. Then I sit down and see if I can watch enough of it to rant about it to people who don't even know my real name.

But tonight I watched TNA, instead. Personally I thought it was the best show since the Raven-JJ match. Both main event matches were thoroughly entertaining and pushed stories. By my count each match had one run in apiece. How is that "overbooked"? Yeah, its not clean... but both cases of interference were necessary for story progression and only Russo's directly affected the match's end. Was D'Lo-Styles what it COULD have been? Nah. But it was still damn good. JJ-Gilberti was a very well done brawl and I was personally struck by the fine production and booking as they mapped out the locker room become interested in the match. But Vince Russo appeared! And someone cheated! Well I guess it must have sucked... a heel cheated... pure nonsense...

As for the rest of the card... the 6 Man was the typical entertaining spotfest that exhibits the X-Division wrestlers well (which is why the regularly occur). Vampire Warrior-Siaki was the best "Hard 10" match to date, actually becoming a match instead of an idiotic point accumulation. Tracy/Young-Killings and AMW-Konnan/James were nothing special but both made a fairly entertaining show of a stupid gimmick. (And the AMW story was tied up in a wonderful way that sets up the continuation of their feud with XXX)

Now... if you felt like complaining... WHY DID YOU IGNORE THE CRAP!? You could have remarked on how assinine the Hard 10 tournament is. You could point out how the Assylum Alliance was doomed from the start because they used entirely inconsequential wrestlers. You could have bonded with me over how utterly annoying Goldilocks is whenever she is inserted into a story. You could have yelled about how TNA is continuing to allow The Harris Brothers to spout the racist Aryan philosophies over air. But noooooo... we decide to complain that there was a runin.

By the way... Tell me if this makes any Godly sense. You say that "two rugmuchers, a girlie-man and the no-talent son of Bill Watts" was the highlight of the show... and then bag on the Kash-Trinity story? Did you like it or not? Did you hate the segment but the mere mention of the possability of "HLA" send you giggling into the corner?

By the way... Trinity weighs 100 lbs more than Kash? According to TNA's website Kash weighs 200bs... Trinity doesn't strike me as 300. I don't know... maybe its a TV thing... I'm sure she'll weigh in at 300lbs when I get around to finding a picture...

Oh yeah... Siaki's been subtely emulating The Rock since he originally left the Flying Elvis'. Apparently you missed it... easy since he's a dead ringer for Rocky, hails from Samoa and adopted Rock's entire promo style, including the "3rd person" speak. Personally I wish he would walk away from that but the genius that is Norm feels he should be mocking another star instead of trying to build himself. I'm sure you're right...

Seriouslly, Norm. Are you drunk? Are you high? Why would you (a) watch a show which you seem to have zero interest in? (b) rant about it on a board, saying nothing halfway worthwhile besides a few typical "what is this crap" rants? (c) ignore simple reality such math, weight and time?

Jesus... and here I thought the older boys were being too rough on you... of course I haven't had the opportunity to read all of the threads you have deleted in shame or cowardice...

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

Mood: Blue and Orange

posted on 6-5-2003 at 05:19 AM Edit Post
Wow, I hope I never watch TNA and dislike it, or I shall feel the wrath of Lopez..

"I want to make this shit cool again." - CM Punk

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

posted on 6-5-2003 at 05:23 AM Edit Post
MrJustin, I welcome you to watch any time and engage me in intelligent debate about the product. Because I know that you are capable of intelligent debate (and I presume basic grasp of 3rd grade concepts) and would choose to engage in such a manner instead of ranting like a 13 year old who got ahold of a 6 pack of near bear and is really upset that he's failing math because his teacher "just doesn't like" him...

He smiled.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

posted on 6-5-2003 at 05:32 AM Edit Post
I take that as a the strongest on compliments, Lucky. Especially because I enjoy your posts so much.

BTW, speaking of Indy stuff, and along the lines of TNA, I got my first real taste of it lately. A friend of mine picked up the first 4 RoH DVDs, and RoH and TNA share a lot of talent. As well, their was an X Title defence on one of the shows. Coming from someone who has had trouble grasping what people saw in ECW (post-97ish) and to a far greater extent XPW, I really enjoyed the matches.

Ki, Styles, a whole cast of Shawn Micheals coached guys, and a absolute GEM in Englishman Doug Williams have me absolutely blown away. I'm finally starting to dig indy wrestling a lot more.

BTW, how can a D-Lo/Styles match possibly be bad?

Norm
Banned

Posts 179
Registered 5-8-2003

posted on 6-5-2003 at 05:53 AM Edit Post
I've been watching old school NWA and just finished Starcade 88. Now that was a solid card. Bam Bam vs. Windham was great, but the Bamster should have gone over! The rest of the card was solid, with the right people going over.

Even in the Main Event with the new booker, Ric Flair. Nobody talks about Flair's political power because he was always "giving back", but when Dusty Rhodes got fired in 1988, Dusty's boy Luger jobbed in one of his greatest matches with the greatest finish I have ever seen.

I seems like Luger has it all won, but Flair worked on the knee earlier and down Luger falls and Flair puts his feet on the ropes to ensure victory. FLAIR WAS THE MAN! Not the "god" like Hogan, because Hogan was superhuman -- Flair was just smart.

As a child, I was raped by a koala. Twice. Once on Earth Day and once on Christmas. But I got my Christmas wish.

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 6-5-2003 at 06:24 AM Edit Post
bored Jeb?

if you are making a point, I am missing it, but nonetheless your post made me laugh.

"The cat meows even after I feed him, but when I go to pet him, he runs away"

funny stuff

The Bad Guy
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1280
Registered 10-27-2002

Mood: About to change

posted on 6-5-2003 at 07:35 AM Edit Post
I liked the D'lo/AJ match. Nothing specific to say about why, but it kept me entertained.

Yeah, they overbook too much. It's Russo. That's his whole gimmick isn't it? Every show has to end with either a shock or clusterfuck (or preferrably both). Of course it wasn't much of a shock to me that he hit Disco instead of "Triple J" but that's Russo for you. He's not one to overestimate anyone's intelligence.

Hard 10 should be just ignored and never spoken of again. I'm not big on just dropping things and never talking of them again, but in this case I'm willing to make an exception. At least it's not anywhere near as bad as the Dupp Cup that was it's spiritual predecessor.

The crowd kept cracking me up during the 6-man. Pepsi! Pepsi! I found that one especially funny because the chant started a few minutes after I asked my dad, "hey, is that a Pepsi logo on that guy's arm?" The unibrow and dueling chants about Romeo were funny too. Beyond that it was just a typical 6-man cruiser-x match.

Liked Elix getting in the Harris's faces.

Please, keep Goldylocks out of storylines!

Yeah, I think they need to do something to explain just what hold Kid Kash has on Trinity. It can't just be the nebulous "she's under contract to him", because it's just too flimsy. Well not that it can't be, just it shouldn't be. You'd think she could just not show up (would you if that's how you were treated) or file a suit of some kind or something. Kash plays his part well, too well really, but there's just something missing from there.

Has Erik Watts ever even actually had a match since coming to TNA? Isn't it time to shit or get off the pot? And what happened to the "Eric from WCW" bit? Finally figure out it couldn't go anywhere so you just dropped it the way they should drop the Hard 10?

Russo looks like even more of a pussy now.

No Jerry Lynn? Damnit!

Why does Sandman carry a box of beer now? They used to come from his pockets or something. Not a big deal or anything, just something I've noticed the last couple of weeks.

I don't think it was a horrible show, certainly not even close to how bad it was at one point, but it's nowhere near as good as it could and should be.

Stormtrooper
The Great One

Posts 3635
Registered 1-5-2002
Location under glass ceiling

Mood:

posted on 6-5-2003 at 07:39 AM Edit Post
I really look forward to NWA more than WWE, it'd be better if they ditched Sandman, New Jack, Harriseses and all the craptastic garbage guys though.

THE CHAMP

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 6-5-2003 at 08:06 AM Edit Post
"Now, honestly, who's total irrelevance would you rather read?"

The funny one obviously. I should have caught what you were trying to say Jeb, I just wasn't thinking about it as more than a funny post.

same thing would have been accomplished by posting "uh huh"

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

posted on 6-5-2003 at 08:06 AM Edit Post
Bad Guy:

I think they need to stick it out with the Hard 10, as much as I hate it. When they get a couple of talented guys in there it seems to work out. I thought Vampire Warrior-Siaki was a good match and Slash-New Jack was bearbale. I think at this point they just need to play it out and hope that Sanders, Siaki, Sandman and New Jack can put on shows. Dropping it would look worse in the long run (unless the matches get REAL bad).

I see your point about Trinity-Kash. I would add that it has become more than "Kash has a contract" to "If Trinity violates it Kash will make her pay." I think the missing element was a "hero" since we had allready established that Trinity could not free herself. It appears we now have her emmancipator... I'm not totally sure about the choice of Watts, but still.

On the other hand, Watts has greatly improved with his outside the ring skills in the last few months. He's ditched Flair and Lawler and has a real fan following in that arena. All that being said, its fair to say that he should be given a shot and I think this is a good role for him to get it in. Kash is both a damn good wrestler and a great heel. Both should help Watts work better in the ring and get over as the face. And he's wrestled once. Watts/Flair/Lawler vs Rhodes/Jarrett/D'Lo

You noticed no Jerry Lynn too, eh? I also noticed no Red, New Church, Saturn, New Jack, Credible, Awesome and Cross. I have to wonder if their roster was hit by another tour (like it was last week with WWA's tour) or if TNA just decided they had a full card and told the guys to stay home. There seemed to be noone in that arena who was not used... seems very unTNA like.

And I'm personally ok with Russo so far. He's not taking up major screen time, he just disconnected himself from SEX... hopefully he comes in next week, gives a quick pro-JJ/anti-SEX promo and split. If he's got a 30 minute promo for the next few weeks... well...

He smiled.

Norm
Banned

Posts 179
Registered 5-8-2003

posted on 6-5-2003 at 08:51 AM Edit Post
Jeb just doesn't get it, and I'm glad he doesn't, because I am happy he is entertained by mocking me. I guess I remind him of somebody else too. Jeb reminds me of a guy in High School named Andrekio.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12926
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 6-5-2003 at 08:53 AM Edit Post
I wish you didn't post in the regular Current Events.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 6-5-2003 at 09:09 AM Edit Post
Jeb gets it. We all get it. The only one who doesn't seem to get it is you. While we may get a certain morbid pleasure out of tearing you down, we are in fact serious about what we say. Especially Bonestein. What he says may seem funny but trust me, he is dead serious. That guy has zero sense of humor.

I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

Who wants soup?

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 6-5-2003 at 09:31 AM Edit Post
I know dude! Talk about scathing! That one cut to the bone!

Who wants soup?

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

posted on 6-5-2003 at 12:35 PM Edit Post
By the way... (I am officially claiming this thread in the name of TNA markism) Norm, if you happen to still be reading... Go watch AJ Styles-D'Lo Brown again. Seriouslly. Just watched this one for the second time (this time 100% focused) and wow...

Anyone else... seriouslly, this is a match worth checking out. D'Lo pulled out moves that I never even imagined him capable of doing, including a springboard top rope asai moonsault and a Lo Down (Sky High?) off the top rope to the ramp. Styles lived up to his "phenomenol" moniker. Plus psychology! A couple of spots that weren't missed as much as a little off.

I'm gonna watch it again...

He smiled.

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

posted on 6-5-2003 at 03:57 PM Edit Post
BTW, Lucky...

I was just over at 411 and Keith is reviewing TNA from now on...

(watches as Lucky's head explodes).

....Yeah.

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 6-5-2003 at 07:11 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2HoT
Jeb gets it. We all get it. The only one who doesn't seem to get it is you. While we may get a certain morbid pleasure out of tearing you down, we are in fact serious about what we say. Especially Bonestein. What he says may seem funny but trust me, he is dead serious. That guy has zero sense of humor.

Yes, but Jeb is on a roll, in a monster flinging security guards out of his way to deliver a beating kind of way. Using sarcasm, satire, wit, and dramatic irony like Doug Piranha.

The Bad Guy
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1280
Registered 10-27-2002

Mood: About to change

posted on 6-5-2003 at 07:55 PM Edit Post
The Hard 10, I just think it's a bad concept. If you're gonna have "hardcore" matches, have "hardcore" matches, where the point is to beat the shit out of your opponent, not hit him 10 times or 5 times and put him through a table once or whatever.

Another thing about Trinity... If she's the luchadore, then why was she attacking Jerry Lynn? Maybe they should do something where the real luchadore (obviously the luchadore changed gender at one point) wants revenge or something. Or if not at least explain why "she" was helping Konan. Of course that would require too much continuity for TNA (or Russo).

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

posted on 6-6-2003 at 04:47 AM Edit Post
Justin: Why'd you tell me that? I probably never would have known as I'm content with thesmartmarks coverage of TNA... now some sadist patr of me will draw me ove rto 411 to read Keith call Jarrett "Triple J" as if it was an original thought and rant about how RUsso is the devil. Keith's really broading his horizons, huh? He's gonna watch two companies that he doesn't enjoy at all. Makes sense...

Bad Guy: I don't think too many people (except Norm) will disagree with you that the Hard 10 concept is silly. That being said, we ride it out. Only 3 more matches so hopefully they never dig it back up after that. As for the luchadore... yeah... the luchadore was also working for Konnan in the beginning (he admitted as much) so unless Trinity considers her status as a female wrestling man as qualifying for minority status... I think its best we forget that one. I'm a huge fan of continuity and logic but in a fed that's roster isn't tied down and constantly sees vast changes, some of this stuff is going to come along. Lets be glad it was this instead of a main event story.

He smiled.

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

posted on 6-6-2003 at 04:54 AM Edit Post
Actually, his rant was very fair. I'd say he was nicer to TNA than he has been to a lot of WWE product lately.

It was pretty fair.

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

posted on 6-6-2003 at 05:10 AM Edit Post
Just read it. Yeah, he was remarkably fair. Im not surprised that he was utterly unsatisfied with the midcard... My main problem is how completely unaware he is of the promotion. Is internet writing that name based? Will people read Keith simply because they know his name despite the fact that he has NO idea what is happening in the fed, thus resulting in missing a dozen things? A comparison with his report and Dames' (when he does it) will tell a different show.

But no "Triple J" comments. Whew. Hopefully he'll consider to feel TNA is below his conspiracy theories.

He smiled.

MrJustinB
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1636
Registered 1-18-2003

posted on 6-6-2003 at 05:16 AM Edit Post
As a long time fan of Keith's, I feel I have to speak up. You big bully, Lopez.

In all seriousness, Keith alwasy seems to be a little easier, and understanding on indy promotions. I could see this as being a very open area for him.

LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

posted on 6-6-2003 at 06:17 AM Edit Post
I'm not nearly as anti Kieth as most of this board. I kinda enjoy his writing and used to read all his rants. He just has this overall air of negativity that comes up everywhere in his writing. When he does indy feds, however... I think he doesn't expect much so that negativity takes a different form. There's like this "WHY AREN'T YOU BETTER!?" aspect to his WWE/WCW stuff. Indy stuff seems to say "I never expected you to be good... but I didn't fall asleep."

I still satand by the fact that he is simply uninformed of TNA and that impacts his viewing. I understand that, but he himself admits taht he "could" read up on it but chose not to. What good does reading a TNA report then become? I think that's poor work for him, as he generally strikes me as a fairly informed fella.

You know... if this wasn't the tail end of a TNA thread started by someone who was banned we'd probably have to worry about Mods moving us.

He smiled.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top