Krydor
The Man

Posts 5425
Registered 10-28-2002
Location In

Mood: Going to Maiden

posted on 6-3-2003 at 10:42 AM Edit Post
My Raw Thoughts

The Good- Naitch and HBK cutting cool promos, Y2J throwing paint on Goldberg's car, Mick Foley teased as a ref, Kane getting stunned.

The Bad- Test/Steiner feud escalates to a PPV match to posess Stacy. I think that's the match where people go for a pee. The Highlight Reel went on way too long. Evil Rock is dead, and Booker is the defacto new Rock? The Hurricane is now buddies with HBK and Nash? Redneck Triathalon? Oh lord, I hope it isn't a game of quarters, homemade hotrod racing (my primer Camaro versus your rusty Pickup truck)and picking up trashy chicks. I hope they don't read this and use any ideas I presented.

The Ugly- What the hell was that finish in the main event? Goldberg kills little Naich. No, I'm pretty sure Charles Robinson is dead. Christ, that was ugly. If he walks away with only bruised ribs and a dislocated shoulder, he's a lucky SOB. What does Mr. Bill think? Everyone under 150 pounds is an automatic bump machine?

A good show, but I have no idea why there was a 6 chick tag match or 2 polls. Next time they put something dumb up like "do you think JR's book will flop?" I'm going to bombard that website with the "wrong" answer. There are nifty utilities that can let you vote a jillion times a second.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   Krydor 's Aim   Krydor 's Yahoo
Norm
Banned

Posts 179
Registered 5-8-2003

Mood: Retartedd

posted on 6-3-2003 at 11:07 AM Edit Post
Flair's interview was actually haunting, until he prayed to almight Allah -- I mean Triple H, but Shawn saved it with his promo.

Unless Kane is turning heel to I cannot spell 'feud' with RVD, I saw no point there. I enjoy Kane, but they should have him feud with Kevin Nash in the battle of the Diesels.

By the way, I think it will be Terry Funk because JR said "middle aged and crazy" during the Main Event, and I really doubt Foley wants anything to do with WWE right now.

Steiner is stuck in midcard hell, and Test is nothing without Stacy. Otherwise, it would be a good match for the limited talent in the ring.

Is Evil Rock really dead? This was a Rock cameo, because the ratings have been flip-flopping. Just because he turned face for this crowd, doesn't me when he returns in 10 months that he couldn't become the heel prick he was, again. Good entertainment, nevertheless.

The Redneck Triathalon should be a beer drinking, pie eating, and belching contest. Throw in a arm-wrestling contest for fun.

I bet Charles Robinson wishes it was 1999 again, so Randy Savage could just break his ribs again with his all-elbow, flying elbow. That Goldberg spear was nasty.

I thought it was a great show tonight. Well, as great as Raw can be right now.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by Norm]

As a child, I was raped by a koala. Twice. Once on Earth Day and once on Christmas. But I got my Christmas wish.

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 6-3-2003 at 11:59 AM Edit Post
I think it's Foley, Austin doesn't have any pull with Funk as far as storyline goes. FOley is the only person who fits the description that Austin can get with one phone call.

I LOVE Goldbergs car (big mopar fan here), it almost hurt me to watch Jericho dump paint on his car (I am assuming not real paint, and it could just wash off)

Two Time! Two Time! MLB Survivor winner

myspace

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 6-3-2003 at 01:48 PM Edit Post
I thought it was a pretty good show as well.

Good old school promo between HBK and Flair I loved it. Made me excited for their match at Bad Blood, I only hope they deliver on the hype now.

I have a few questions though:

What was the Austin abusing Kane thing last night? That seemed out of the blue and had no general point to it. It is not like Austin is going to feud with Kane and it is not like he has a flunky like Chief Morley around to do his dirty work for him. So, what gives? That seemed like a waste of a segment to me. It didn't seem to be setting up anything for the future nor did it even foreshadow anything.

What was up with the finish of the main event? Does anyone know who actually won? Hebner had a look on his face like wait a minute this isn't how the match is supposed to end.

How did Flair get that nasty cut on the back of his head? Was it from HBK when he wacked with a kick? I did not notice anything else that would have caused a nasty cut like that.

This Redneck Triathalon thing could be a recipe for disaster. I understand they want Austin to get segments on the PPVs, but the bits he and Bischoff did on the last one were stupid. Besides, I want to watch wrestling on PPVs not a bunch of skits that could just as easilty be done on RAW. I bet this gets more airtime than half the matches.

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
Krydor
The Man

Posts 5425
Registered 10-28-2002
Location In

Mood: Going to Maiden

posted on 6-3-2003 at 01:51 PM Edit Post
Anything less than Foley means "craptacular", as far as I'm concerned. I mean, HitC? There's only one guy associated with that match, and it isn't the Big Bossman.

Steiner is in midcard hell because that's where he belongs until they can build him up as a viable contender.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   Krydor 's Aim   Krydor 's Yahoo
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

Mood: Deservedly Smug

posted on 6-3-2003 at 04:10 PM Edit Post
God, I'm glad I'm not the only one fool enough to hope for Foley. I can't believe he's ready to associate with WWE again, but the way Austin put it, it sounds like it could only be him. Funk occurred to me, too, but he is a bit past middle-aged, isn't he? And I just cannot picture him standing between HHH and Nash. I swear, if this is a tease and they pull out someone stupid, I'll....well, I'll probably just get pissed and yell at the tv, but still...

Same with the Flair/HBK match, it looks golden, so much so that it would take real effort on the part of WWE to screw it up. I've been waiting years to see them together---has match of the year candidate written all over it.

I for one enjoyed seeing Austin abuse Kane; somebody needs to. Kane's "thing" is getting really old. What is he? He's not scary, and he's not funny enough, either. Anything that lights a fire under his ass is fine by me---saw the pun halfway through, and said what the hell, lol. But what was up with that odd moment when Kane trailed his hand down Austin's chest? That nearly ruined it for me, and set off wild laughter among all of us watching. He did it twice, but the first was the worst---anyone else catch that?

The main event finish was fucked up, but it didn't spoil the show for me---hey, shit happens. I always try to sift out the good in RAW, but lately, that job has been much easier. If they keep this up they could manage a slow burn back to where they ought to be, ratings and earnings wise.

Stop posting. Kill yourself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
LuckyLopez
Reeks of WCW

Posts 12562
Registered 2-13-2003

Mood: Grieving

posted on 6-3-2003 at 04:12 PM Edit Post
doublee, as far as the Kane-Austin segment. I believe the subtext was supposed to be that Kane's last 6 months have been a sad departure from his past. The teaming with RVD has mellowed a wrestler who's main weapon was his intensity. I can only imagine that this leads to Kane getting back his intensity and either (a) turning heel or (b) finding his tag partner upset at him and turning heel. Seems like a good way to play what we've all been expecting for a long time.

And am I the ONLY one who things Test-Steiner will be ok? Maybe I'm just an unevolved fool who thinks two brutes slugging it out of over the honor of a woman is a suitable story, but... I dunno. Seems like a suitable 1st or 2nd match on the card. An Orton-Hurricane bout might be better wrestling, but at least this has some good ole' fashioned wrestling story...

And yes, junkie... I too was a bit unnerved by Kane's gentle caress of the GM. Chyna... Tori... Katie Vick... See what happens when he gets spurned too many times?

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by LuckyLopez]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   LuckyLopez 's Aim
rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 6-3-2003 at 04:19 PM Edit Post
Laughing my ass off, Lucky. Yeah, I pulled out quite a few Katie Vick jokes last night. Maybe Austin should leave Kane's...uh...intensity alone. Man I bet the boys in the back were all over that. Damn, Kane.

"The fire still burns..."

ROFLMFAO

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   rasslinjunkie 's Aim   rasslinjunkie 's Yahoo
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4788
Registered 11-10-2002
Location The Firefly Funhouse

Mood: Fiendish

posted on 6-3-2003 at 04:23 PM Edit Post
Middle-aged and crazy, eh? I don't think it's Foley. The thought never ever crossed my mind. Besides, he's not even 40 yet. Funk was my first idea, but I'm not sure now. If everybody thinks it's too obvious, the I think middle-aged and crazy could only mean one thing: Goerge "The Animal" Steele, baby!

RAW rocked last night. The only thing that bothered me was the shitty ending to the main event. It made no sense. JR was tried to suggest that Hebner didn't feel safe and called the match off. If they wanted to do that ending, shouldn't he have done it after he lost control of the match without a wrestler pinning another wrestler 12 inches away from his face? What the hell! The fans hated that ending, and for good reason. The better ending would've been if he'd just counted to three really quickly and then got the hell out there and let them continue to brawl. That would've made more sense, the fans in the arena wouldn't have felt cheated by the ending. And why did Hebner check Huricane's shoulders and then call for the bell? Good lord, I don't get it. I really don't get it.

That aside, the whole show could've been a piece of shit, and yet I would've still would've liked it because of Ric Flair alone. The man's been on fire for the last 3 weeks. And that promo was fuckin' A!

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

outback jack
The Great One

Posts 3811
Registered 3-10-2003
Location not Australia

Mood: old

posted on 6-3-2003 at 05:45 PM Edit Post
Remember when HBK tried to snap Jeff Hardy out of his slump with the sweet chin music? Maybe the next crossover book after JR's cookbook will be a new business book touting knocking out co-workers as a motivational tool.

"7 Finishers of Highly Effective Managers" or "Who Stunnered My Cheese?"

Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 6-3-2003 at 06:06 PM Edit Post
As far as the Hurricane-Nash-HBK thing goes, its just a somewhat continued storyline from last week. Orton comes in and helps with the beatdown of HBK, so hes in Michaels and Nashs doghouse. Then Orton jumps Hurricane earlier this week, which sets up the 6-man. Not that big of a deal. And besides, Hurricane has been in a semi-war of words with HHH and Flair for a while now (see my signature). It all actually comes together pretty nicely.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

doublee
The Immortal One

Posts 4014
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Raleigh, NC

Mood: Mr. Jiggy-Fly

posted on 6-3-2003 at 07:41 PM Edit Post
If they are indeed setting up a Kane and RVD split the timing of Austin's tirade seems a bit odd to me. I understand the whole bit about trying to fire Kane up and all that. But, if they are sowing the seeds for a split would it not maybe make more sense to have Kane blow the PPV match where they lose the belts to La Resistance?

I would have liked a little more closure to the segment, they seemed to leave it pretty open ended as to what it was all about. But, I will put my faith in the RAW writing team as they have been on a pretty good roll since the weeks leading up to WrestleMania.

<-- If 'ya ain't down with that Bart's got two words for 'ya...

http://www.myspace.com/doubleenc
Doublee's Sports Blog

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   doublee 's Yahoo
Blown Spot
The Rowdy One

Posts 2399
Registered 1-22-2003
Location Silver Spring, MD

Mood: Mauve

posted on 6-3-2003 at 08:21 PM Edit Post
Who said Kane and RVD are splitting up?
Thom
The Immortal One

Posts 4890
Registered 1-14-2003
Location At the gym

Mood: Rather be lifting

posted on 6-3-2003 at 08:43 PM Edit Post
Spot- Lucky alluded to Kane and RVD splitting.

#GLENNSURVIVESLOL - Cherokee Jack, from TWD Season 6 thread

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

Mood: partypartyparty

posted on 6-3-2003 at 10:48 PM Edit Post
I just want to give Norm full credit for brushing up on his "smart knowledge", and bringing out the Rock's real name. By calling him "Dwayne", you have earned my eternal respect and admiration. I would like to present you with a gift...

A nice big basket of fuck off. Do whatever you want with it. I'm just hoping it occupies your time for awhile so you stay the fuck away from these boards. Bye for now, buttercup.

That's racism man! I love to racism bro!

rasslinjunkie
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1245
Registered 4-29-2003
Location louisiana

posted on 6-3-2003 at 10:50 PM Edit Post
Damn, Bones. let me know if I ever start to piss you off, alright?

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 6-3-2003 at 11:01 PM Edit Post
Hey, I would DEFINITELY pray to a dude who smells like green peppers. That is, until that wrestling encyclopedia known as Norm came around. Heh... Norm. Great name, Bud.

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

Mood: Cock-sure

posted on 6-4-2003 at 12:12 AM Edit Post
quote:
and unless Kane is turning heel to feud with RVD, I saw no point there

Of course there was a point. It put Kane on our screen.

quote:
Otherwise, it would be a good match for the limited talent in the ring.

This would be a good thread if not for the limited talent on the board.

quote:
He was probably going to do it as a Dark Match, but WWE decided to put him back on TV.

You got Gerwitz on speed-dial?

quote:
Beer drinking, pie eating, and belching contests.

Sounds like party time at the Ellock house.

quote:
Earl Hebner screws up again. Don't ask.

We didn't. If we did, we wouldn't ask you.

quote:
beating up helpless guys like David Crock . . . uh . . . Charles Robinson.

Speaking of beating the helpless...

quote:
I thought it was a great show tonight. Well, as great as Raw can be with the people on the show and who is being puished.

Perhaps you should get Gerwits back on the line and see if he will give you a job. Then you can fix it for the good of us all.

P.S. Excessive quoting is stupid.

Who wants soup?

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 6-4-2003 at 02:12 AM Edit Post
Compromise? I think we can work one out without wasting U2Us. Here's the deal...

You go back to the gutter like a good little dog, and I will go back to ignoring you. Fuck off.

Norm
Banned

Posts 179
Registered 5-8-2003

Mood: Retartedd

posted on 6-4-2003 at 02:53 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2HoT

Excessive quoting is stupid.

Whatever.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by Norm]

As a child, I was raped by a koala. Twice. Once on Earth Day and once on Christmas. But I got my Christmas wish.

Bonestein
The Rowdy One

Posts 2712
Registered 7-24-2002

posted on 6-4-2003 at 03:56 AM Edit Post
How fucking dumb are you that you have to edit a post where all you type is "Whatever."?

Rot.

Pistol Pez
I am a pathetic troll

Posts 723
Registered 5-11-2002
Location Ohio

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 6-4-2003 at 04:19 AM Edit Post
Am I the only one who thought Austin was talking about Jack Nicholson?

2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 6-4-2003 at 05:05 AM Edit Post
quote:
Whatever.

Whatever? Whatever yourself. At least have the courage to stand by what you say. The fact that you went and edited your post to take all the quotes out just makes you look spineless.

Conviction, tho it may not be immediate, can garner respect. Going back on what you say to save face is just weak.

What would Freddie Blassie think of that?

Who wants soup?

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12931
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 6-4-2003 at 05:27 AM Edit Post
2Hot: Blassie would simply call him a pencil-necked geek.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
2HoT
The Immortal One

Posts 4818
Registered 3-23-2002
Location Yermomsbox PA

posted on 6-4-2003 at 06:01 AM Edit Post
quote:
Why not? It works for the French.

If only you could show this much poise in your u2u's...

Who wants soup?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top