The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Austin's face
olfuzzybastard
Waaaallllllllllllt!!!!!

Posts 708
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Pittsburgh, PA

Mood: Suave

posted on 5-27-2003 at 01:35 AM Edit Post
Austin's face

Jeebus, what the hell happened?!
mallrat
And I am AWESOME

Posts 176
Registered 2-8-2002
Location Saskatchewan

Mood: Indifferent

posted on 5-27-2003 at 03:08 AM Edit Post
This demands a WHO BEAT AUSTIN? thread.

I'm guessing it involved beer.

I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Timmy
Showstopper

Posts 751
Registered 5-22-2002
Location Eastbourne, UK

Mood: Touchy

posted on 5-27-2003 at 01:17 PM Edit Post
Money Inc attacked him before the show.........oh GOD! Wrestlemania 9 flashbacks - where is my toga.....

PSN: grovsie

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4742
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 5-27-2003 at 03:25 PM Edit Post
I know what happened to him, because I'm an attentive WWE fan. Thus I pay attention to the show when I'm watching it. I don't just stare at his injured eye. So what happened? Well, if you were listening, you would know that Austin was singing in the shower when he slipped on a bar of soap, thus causing him to smash his face on something.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

SuperRob
Showstopper

Posts 758
Registered 8-6-2002

Mood: Wreckening

posted on 5-27-2003 at 04:08 PM Edit Post
You know, I'm pretty disgusted with Austin. His parole forcing him to not drink beer was probably one of the best things that could have happened to him. Many of his interpersonal problems are likely directly related to his alcohol intake.

Not only did he start drinking again the MINUTE he found out he could, but the WWE is CELEBRATING it. They are helping the man self destruct.

Could it be coincidence that after his first two weeks "off the wagon", he's sporting a hell of a shiner? He probably got into a fight, and probably "alcohol fueled" too.

How sad.

And if you buy the "bar or soap" story, you're a fool.

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4742
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 5-27-2003 at 04:14 PM Edit Post
I completely agree with you, Rob. When I saw that shiner, I was thinking, "could this be because he's a drunk?" And I too thought it was a bad idea to have him parade out to the ring in Halifax and have a beer bash immediately following the end of his parole terms. If he was clean for several months, you'd think he'd have the sense to stay clean. Does the man not have any will power? How weak can you be? Just as you said, Rob, how sad. How sad, indeed.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood: Careworn

posted on 5-27-2003 at 04:38 PM Edit Post
You guys should get off your high horses. Preachy bastards.

The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

Mood: Meh

posted on 5-27-2003 at 04:53 PM Edit Post
Intolerant people should be beaten.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12822
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 5-27-2003 at 05:05 PM Edit Post
Shit, I'd be drinking too.

BTW, wasn't Lillian Garcia dripping with beer last night the best?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
BoerboelLVR
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1646
Registered 2-14-2003
Location Over the line!

Mood: HELP ME!!!

posted on 5-27-2003 at 05:20 PM Edit Post
"BTW, wasn't Lillian Garcia dripping with beer last night the best?"

YES!!! You all can say what you want about Austin drinking, but any segment that includes both beer drinking and Lillian Garcia getting wet is some damn fine entertainment in my book.

angstboy
cornerkicked.com

Posts 4930
Registered 12-11-2002
Location Baltimore, MD

Mood:

posted on 5-27-2003 at 05:26 PM Edit Post
A friend of mine and I have a saying: "Goddammit Lillian!" Last night was a multiple Goddammit Lilian evening... she's being too hot.

Oh and as far as the Austin black eye thing goes... the "fell on some soap" thing was obviously a joke. Who knows how he got the shiner, really. He coulda been working on something in the yard and bumped his face, or he coulda been playing with retarded kids at the park and smacked his head on the monkey bars. The point is no one knows. He could've gotten into a drunken brawl, sure, but it's none of our business, really. High horses indeed. To assume that his drinking has something to do with it is pure uninformed speculation. Besides, I don't think spilling 87 ounces on your t-shirt and getting maybe 3 ounces in your mouth can be considered a "drinking problem." Unless of course your name is Ted Striker.

fsolomon75
American Dream

Posts 8481
Registered 1-25-2002
Location SoCal

Mood: WILLIE~!

posted on 5-27-2003 at 06:11 PM Edit Post
angstboy- Great Airplane reference...I'm still chuckling. Nice work Shirley.
phansett
And I am AWESOME

Posts 241
Registered 4-15-2003
Location Chicagoland

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 5-27-2003 at 06:45 PM Edit Post
auto accident.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   phansett 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   phansett 's Yahoo
Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:00 PM Edit Post
car accident? I for one am shocked and disgusted. shame on you, steve.

cpdevine1
The Great One

Posts 3305
Registered 10-26-2002
Location nowhere fun

Mood: in utter disbel

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:22 PM Edit Post
You know, nobody knows how much he really drinks. He may only have one drink or something after the show. How much does he really drink when he is on the show? Not very much, most of it spills all over him and on the mat. He probably drinks the equivalant of 2 gulps of beer, while wasting 8+ cans. So now he can't even act like he is drinking? Give me a break.
Dr. Pivo
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 68
Registered 11-22-2002

Mood:

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:22 PM Edit Post
quote:
BTW, wasn't Lillian Garcia dripping with beer last night the best?

I almost had sex with my wife after watching that.

MysteriousDr.X
Showstopper

Posts 596
Registered 3-27-2003
Location The Great State of Wisconsin

Mood: Over it.

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:26 PM Edit Post
I almost had sex with your wife after watching that, too.

Get off Austin's back. "Self-destruct" shmelf-deshmuct! He's free and of age. What he does in his spare time, as long as he isn't hurting people, is his business. And if the Fed has no problem with his drinking on the job (which, as has been noted, he hardly even really is), neither should you. Relax. Or at least find a more worthwile cause.

Pistol Pez
I am a pathetic troll

Posts 723
Registered 5-11-2002
Location Ohio

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:37 PM Edit Post
he's free and of age, but that doesn't mean he's necessarily acting responsibly, or that we can decide that and discuss it.

But, I have to agree that nobody here knows how much steve drinks, and speculation without knowledge is wrong.

as for intolerant people . . . nobody is tolerant. we all just have different buttons.

Laner
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1835
Registered 1-8-2002
Location Uptown

Mood:

posted on 5-27-2003 at 08:45 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistol Pez
nobody is tolerant. we all just have different buttons.

Word life.

Denethor
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1661
Registered 3-27-2002

posted on 5-27-2003 at 09:11 PM Edit Post
well said, pez.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 5-27-2003 at 09:28 PM Edit Post
Yea, I have my butttons, and one of them is when people get down on spirits. Don't sweat the boozin and no one gets hurt!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   Eli 's Aim   Eli 's Yahoo
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 5-27-2003 at 10:17 PM Edit Post
Damn those ninjas!!!!
Dr. Pivo
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 68
Registered 11-22-2002

Mood:

posted on 5-28-2003 at 12:52 PM Edit Post
quote:
What did you do, get her all hot and excited, then start to try to have sex and I don't know miss?

No. Once I go to all that trouble I usually don't miss.

I did, however, almost find my own self excited enough to get my lazy ass off the couch to have three more beers so that I would be drunk enough to want to have sex with her. Instead, I figured my time would be better spent dozing off, and then falling completely asleep.

Eli
The Immortal One

Posts 4503
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 5-28-2003 at 08:45 PM Edit Post
quote:
I did, however, almost find my own self excited enough to get my lazy ass off the couch to have three more beers so that I would be drunk enough to want to have sex with her. Instead, I figured my time would be better spent dozing off, and then falling completely asleep.

That's fucking funny!

SuperRob
Showstopper

Posts 758
Registered 8-6-2002

Mood: Wreckening

posted on 5-28-2003 at 09:36 PM Edit Post
Would all of you be telling me to get off my high-horse if he were shooting up in the ring? Would you be telling me to get off my high horse if he were smoking crack in the ring?

Yes, it's not entirely an apples to apples comparison, but just because it's legal doesn't make it any more fun for me to watch a man self-destructing. His relationships with his ex-wives were largely destroyed by his drinking, and the way he acts when he's been drinking. Why do you think that part of his parole agreement was that he had to STOP DRINKING?

Much of my disappointment is that I used to be a huge fan of Austin, and I thought that with his recent personal issues, he might have a chance to turn the corner and realize what his drinking does to him and those close to him. The fact that he had a giant WWE-sponsored beer bash in the middle of the ring as soon as he found out he was allowed to drink again just disgusts me. It's a wasted opportunity, but it's the fact that the WWE is ENDORSING it, even going as far as to print a story on their website about it ... considering how active the WWE has been in trying to get wrestlers the help they need when they become addicted to drugs or pain killers, why are they HELPING Austin kill himself?

Hell, they fired Scott Hall, and most of his problem was DRINKING.

I'm sure I'll get flamed right the hell out of here again, but I'll leave you with this. We've had a lot of deaths in wrestling lately. Many of them drug related. If Austin were to get in a car accident, and killed himself or someone else ... who's mind isn't immediately going to wonder if Austin was drunk at the time?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top