The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: WWF = The Harbinger of suck!
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 2-9-2002 at 03:49 AM Edit Post
WWF = The Harbinger of suck!

You know, you would have thought I would have learned by now to try and steer clear of any non wrestling product endorsed by the WWF.

Remember when Ah-nuld came down the ramp to hype "The 6th day?" Remember how the 6th day sucked?

How about when Christopher Lambert and Adrian Paul appeard to cheer on Edge because he appeared with them in Highlander: Endgame? I havn't seen that one yet, but the prevailing opinion of my friends was that I didn't miss much.

Remember when Joe C came out and cost Edge and Christian the titles? Remember how he appeared on Kid Rock's album? 'Nuff Said.

and let's not even think about getting into the XFL...

So when Chris Klein, LL Cool J, and Rebecca Romijn-Stamos showed up as the APA's running buddies, i should have known better, but hey, it's friday night, i've got $7 to burn, so why not?

That being said: Rollerball!

The good about the movie:

1. The first Rollerball sequence

2. the new Shelby Mustang in action.

3. Rebecca Romijn-Stamos nekkid.

The Bad?

Everything else. Incomprehensible plot, people doing stuff you have no idea why, and what the hell was with that 10 minute sequence using Night Vision effect?
Jean Reno is evil, and he does bad things, but you never get a glimpse as to why. RR-S and Chris Klein go to see a friend of RR-S named Sergi, and they find out he was murdered later in the film (Sergi doesn't get any screen time at all), and you are wondering, "Ok, what was the point of that?" You don't find out what
Sergi could have done for them or info he had or anything. Pink is listed on the IMDB as the narrator of the film, she appears in the background on a screen
twice, and you don't hear her talk at all.

Basicly, this movie is a mess, not worth your time.

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
DennisIsEvil
Showstopper

Posts 631
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 2-12-2002 at 08:55 PM Edit Post
Seems everything WWF shills for pretty much sucks ass. XFL, Fozzie(Chris Jericho's band), etc.

So remember kids If it's promoted by WWF, DON'T touch it!!!

Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 2-13-2002 at 12:10 AM Edit Post
actually, I kinda liked Fozzie. the album has decent novelty value, and Jericho never took the act too seriously. Besides, he does have some decent pipes on him.

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
AngryJohnny
And I am AWESOME

Posts 193
Registered 3-4-2002
Location Hawaii

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-11-2002 at 01:26 AM Edit Post
When you diss Fozzy, you make the baby Jesus cry. DON'T see Highlander 4. EVER.

Jkyle.com-the evolution starts here

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AngryJohnny 's Aim
BigBlue86
Fella

Posts 448
Registered 1-11-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 3-22-2002 at 02:20 AM Edit Post
What does Harbinger, mean?

DennisIsEvil
Showstopper

Posts 631
Registered 1-4-2002

Mood:

posted on 3-24-2002 at 02:36 AM Edit Post
It means a warning something horrible's gonna happen. Like Chyna appearing in another issue of Playboy means THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US!!!

New Topic New Poll

go to top