The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: best movie of 2001
Cobra
Turd Generation Superstar

Posts 24
Registered 1-8-2002
Location The Middle of Nowhere

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-8-2002 at 11:52 PM Edit Post
Lord of the Rings gets my vote.

Although I heard that Momento is awesome, but I haven't seen it yet.

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed catepillar does a raw blink with the tuning fork at Hari-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

scottiecool
rOOkie

Posts 32
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 1-10-2002 at 08:07 PM Edit Post
Have to go with American Pie 2. I thought it was better than the original and I loved that one.

Didn't like LOTR at all.

Chris Is Good517
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12571
Registered 1-10-2002
Location Little Rock, AR

Mood:

posted on 1-11-2002 at 06:48 PM Edit Post
When you look back on it, 2001 was a pretty crusty year for movies anyway... about the only jaw-dropping movie I saw all year was Shrek. I didn't like LotR at all... I think Elijah Wood is a stiff, wooden actor, and I thought that about an hour and a half could've been cut out of that movie and the point still would've gotten across. Sure, the scenery was nice, but I can go hiking and see pretty trees. The high point of LotR for me was seeing the agent from the Matrix playing the leader of the Elves or whatever he was supposed to be in that movie. I also thought Hannibal was way overhyped, and like LotR, it was overlong, boring tripe. I haven't seen Memento or Battle Royale yet, but I've heard good things about both. And I thought Shallow Hal was one of the better comedies of 2001.
Here's hoping that 2002 will be a better year for movies than the last...

USMarshal
ButtViper

Posts 2
Registered 1-11-2002
Location Cleveland, OH

posted on 1-11-2002 at 10:44 PM Edit Post
I felt that Memento and Moulin Rouge were the two best movies of the year. I am wholly sick of blow-em up action types and paint by the numbers comedies. Moulin Rouge was something a little different and the music that was bastardized wasn't half bad and fit the mood. The sets and color were fantastic and were enough to keep me involved in the parts of the movie that would have normally lost me. Memento was simply a great piece of story telling. With an ending that wasn't advertised from miles away and plot twists that within the context of the story were not outlandish nor foolish. Heartily recommmended. Honorable mention to Shrek for making me laugh out loud at the "not just for kids" animated flick. Huge Giant Hot poker up the ass to Universal for one really god awful sequel in JP:3. Just garbage. I guess they needed Spielberg to direct after all.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   USMarshal 's Aim
CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss
Banned

Posts 219
Registered 1-5-2002
Location Pittsburgh,PA Home of the Steelers

posted on 1-24-2002 at 08:03 PM Edit Post
In Retailiation of Twisty's bitching I can only reply by saying, that you meaningless stat means as much to me as your half assed opinion. All that 9.2 means is that there are more butt-poking nerds like you out there watching LOTR. Let me assume that as soon as a new Willow movie breaks you you and your ass grabbing buddies will go watch it.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   CaseyDiabloShotJimRoss 's Yahoo
Jacklove
rOOkie

Posts 42
Registered 2-1-2002

posted on 2-1-2002 at 04:43 PM Edit Post
Best was LOR but Black Hawk Down comes a close second. It is the most intense war movie ever made and that is saying something.

As far as the LOR and Dark Towers discussion the Dark Towers series owes a debt of gratitude to LOR as does just about every fantasy ever written after LOR. Including RPG's. Besides Dark Tower fans tell me you weren't thinking about Jake in The Gunslinger when Gandolf fell to his death in LOR.

P.S. My favorite King book is It. The best thing he's ever written is probably the Stand. His scariest book is Pet Semetary.

Ankle Lock
rOOkie

Posts 48
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Brisbane, Australia

Mood: Yeah not bad

posted on 2-4-2002 at 01:06 AM Edit Post
LOTR - The Fellowship of the Ring

Hands down it gets my vote. It's an absolute cracker

NoneSoVile
Banned

Posts 219
Registered 1-18-2002
Location NYC

posted on 2-6-2002 at 07:59 PM Edit Post
Lord of the Rings was an amazing movie. People like to bash it because all they want to see these days is a guy eating food w/ his brain exposed. Its such an intricate story that people just don't have the brain capacity to appreciate anymore. I read the books for the first time when I was 21 and was ashamed I didn't read them earlier because they are great.

Hannibal was a good movie but was kind of a let down.

The Skrek karokee thing is hilarious... my 3 yr old niece watches it on DVD over and over and sings along to it. Great kids movie.

mallrat
And I am AWESOME

Posts 176
Registered 2-8-2002
Location Saskatchewan

Mood: Indifferent

posted on 2-8-2002 at 05:46 PM Edit Post
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back gets my vote, Battle Royale was an awsome movie though, if you want to see it for free just grab a prog like Direct Connect and join a room, there should be a copy of it on a few people.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top