The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Starrcade Should Be Put on DVD (1987 rant)
Norm
Banned

Posts 179
Registered 5-8-2003

Mood: Retartedd

posted on 5-23-2003 at 09:45 AM Edit Post
Starrcade Should Be Put on DVD (1987 rant)

I just edited this message because I think people might talk about it more

I watched the Turner Video version in the last few days, and I enjoyed the show. It wasn't top grade stuff, but I really loved the Nikita Koloff/Terry Taylor match. As I said in another post, I loved the Skywalker match with the Midnight and Rock N Roll Express going at it. Even the OLD had a kick-a$$ match with Tully Blanchard/Arn Anderson.

Dusty/Luger isn't as bad as some think, but it would never make "Match of the Year". Flair/Garvin was a wierd site to behold as Flair came in with heel heat, and Garvin had X-Pac heat. Flair slowly turned face (in the match, as he stayed heel until 1989) and when he won the title back, Chi-town exploded in a face pop for Flair.

Wierd thing about Garvin. He was always getting a good midcard push, and yet he was always being booed. If you own the Bash 86 tape, Garvin gets booed out of the building on his intro. Almost louder, than Tully Blanchard did (his opponent on that tape).

I might visit John McAdam and get the complete Starrcade set from 83-90; 92. I have 1991, and 1993-2001 from my own copies. The only full Starrcade that doesn't exist is Starrcade 1985: The Gathering.

If Vince wasn't such a ****, he'd box set Starrcade on DVD. Of course, don't expect that to EVER happen.

As a child, I was raped by a koala. Twice. Once on Earth Day and once on Christmas. But I got my Christmas wish.

G-B
G-B Classic

Posts 2198
Registered 12-26-2002
Location The Buck, AZ

Mood: Old Schooley...

posted on 5-28-2003 at 04:49 AM Edit Post
I agree...Vince is missing the boat on selling DVDs of old WCW footage. Problem is, he knows fans that have been around a while would eat it up, and start to wonder why no one yearns for tapes of the current product.

It wouldn't surprise me if wrestling enters the "next great era" within the next 5 or 6 years.

New Topic New Poll

go to top