The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Bret Hart's "shoot" promo on Raw
fingercuffs
And I am AWESOME

Posts 138
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Houston, TX

Mood: 5150

posted on 2-7-2002 at 08:36 AM Edit Post
Bret Hart's "shoot" promo on Raw

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions about the O.W.N. and the L.W.O.

I've read about a profanity-laced "shoot" tirade Bret Hart went off on after he had jobbed the WWF title to Sid on an episode of Raw. I believe he was directing his comments toward Vince (and I believe there's brief footage of it in Wrestling with Shadows).

Two questions:
1) Which one was the face....Bret or Sid?
2) What was the gist of Bret's tirade?

"Life ain't nuthin' but bitches and money" - Ice Cube from N.W.A.'s "Gangsta Gangsta"

master yoda
And I am AWESOME

Posts 105
Registered 1-16-2002

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 2-7-2002 at 08:56 AM Edit Post
as i recall bret was the face at that time. i think sid was a face too however but i'm not sure.
and brets comments were just about him being screwed over for the title. he was being screwed by sid, hbk austin and everyone in the back. it was a classic bret shoot where half of it was storyline and the other half true.
bret said afterwards that the only reason he swore was because he thought they were off air at the time.
again, this was awhile ago and i could be mistaken. someone else will know more about this then i for sure.

BigBlue86
Fella

Posts 448
Registered 1-11-2002

posted on 2-7-2002 at 06:46 PM Edit Post
I actually have the segment on tape. It was a live Raw, before WM 13. Bret fought Sid in a cage for the world title.

Stone Cold and Undertaker did run-ins to try and put the belt on their respective WM opponents. Bret lost and when Vince interviewed him in the ring, he snapped...

"FRUSTRATED? Frustrated isn't even the word for it, this is bullshit! You screwed me, everybody screwed me and nobody does a goddamn thing about it! Nobody in the building cares, nobody in the dressing room cares, so many injustices around here, I've had it up to here! Everybody knows it, I know it, everybod knows that I should be the World Wrestling Federation Champion! Everybody keeps turning a blind eye to it.You turn a blind eye to it, I got that Gorilla Monsoon, he turns a blind eye to it! Everybody in that goddamn dressing room knows, that I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be...and if you don't like it...TOUGH SHIT!"

sayeitan
ButtViper

Posts 9
Registered 2-9-2002

posted on 2-11-2002 at 10:08 PM Edit Post
BigBlue...you do any trading? Cuz that's some footage I wouldn't mind taking a look at.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Shastar
Showstopper

Posts 870
Registered 1-5-2002
Location VB, VA

Mood: tired

posted on 2-12-2002 at 04:45 AM Edit Post
Ditto for here. I'd love to have a copy of that.

Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   Shastar 's Aim   Shastar 's ICQ status
Kneecaps
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 87
Registered 1-4-2002

posted on 2-12-2002 at 06:11 AM Edit Post
Heh, that's a classic interview. The funniest part is that it helped usher in the Attitude era, which was an era Hart didn't particularly like.

He's also been Johnny Anti-profanity, so why was he cursin' up a storm? Just because he thought it was off TV, he thinks he can toss his "morals" out the window? Bret irks me...

rtdragon87
And I am AWESOME

Posts 164
Registered 1-5-2002

posted on 2-12-2002 at 06:56 AM Edit Post
You have a good point on the anti-profanity thing. Then again Bret wasn't in the greatest mindset around this time. In retrospect I kind of feel sorry for Bret, even though I have no business doing so, because he really was dealing with some issues behind the scene. Despite that at least we know he will remain one of the greatest ever in the wrestling business.
BigBlue86
Fella

Posts 448
Registered 1-11-2002

posted on 2-13-2002 at 03:33 AM Edit Post
I am willing to tape trade. There are three episodes of Raw that I would like to have.

1/8/2001: Main Event: Austin - Angle

7/16/2001: Austin's pseudo face return

5/??/2000: Undertaker's return to Raw

BTW: My version of the promo is NOT censored.

New Topic New Poll

go to top