The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So, this Iran thing doesn’t sound good.
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2495
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 1-3-2020 at 11:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So, this Iran thing doesn’t sound good.

Basically, we just drone-struck and killed their leading military general.

People are worried, all that good stuff.

Discuss.

Is this something to worry about?

[Edited on 1-3-2020 by CamstunPWG187]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6283
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 1-4-2020 at 01:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IMO, in the realm of Mid-East geopolitical cuntery, unless the Saudis ghouls are at the top of any rational kill list, then this is kinda a damned if you do, damned if you don't maneuver. But, them being inextricably linked to the PetroDollar prevents any Pres-O-Dent, R or D, from doing fuck all about them. However, the Iranian people, to my knowledge, are relative decent and don't deserve the awful Mullahs any more than they do Amer-Israeli rockets eventually raining down on them in the name of fighting... well, whatever the fuck we're fighting over there.

Certainly, the Mullahs are rotten fuckers to their core, but this shit over there has become an intractable mess since the Bush Clan, Clintons, and Obama went full extrajudicial going back now decades ago... and of course going back even longer than that. I vaguely give T-Dawg credit for not starting shit for the past few years, but that's likely because it just took that long to put all those missing TRILLIONS to work funding new armaments.

Sure Iran was supposedly fucking about with our embassy, but goddamn why the fuck to we still gotta be dicking around over there anyway? Yes yes, Oil and The Muslim Menace. Uh huh. Though I take more issue with hyper-religionists in our own government making progress near impossible with research on genetic/stem cell research into heinous shit like Parkinson's, but maybe that's just me.

As an aside, wars have usually been used to paper over problems on the domestic front and our insane levels of debt coming home to roost as the Chinks and Ruskies look to drop the dollar as their primary means of exchange on international markets, a nonsense stock market injected with fake 1s and 0s on heroin-oids, and hyperinflationary asset bubbles (housing, student loans, credit) getting ready to pop pop POP all over the gotdayum place could potentially use a distraction or two.

I'd advise y'alls to drop the utter waste of time R vs. D fake news impeachment hullabalooza from your list of important things to worry about, realize .gov is a rudderless and philosophically bankrupt on both sides of the aisle as it's ever been, and prepare accordingly. Shit is fixin' to be bumpy.

U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

STUDY THIS AND ITS IMPLICATIONS AS HARD AS YOU CAN

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10890
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 1-4-2020 at 07:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
I'd advise y'alls to drop the utter waste of time R vs. D fake news impeachment hullabalooza from your list of important things to worry about, realize .gov is a rudderless and philosophically bankrupt on both sides of the aisle as it's ever been, and prepare accordingly. Shit is fixin' to be bumpy.

How the election should go if the world were sane. But it's not. Never was, never will be.

And, as per our illustriOOus alumni Jeb:

[Edited on 1-6-2020 by Paddlefoot]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6283
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 1-8-2020 at 01:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 1-8-2020 at 02:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I’m following this on a few different sites and....wow. This does not look good at all. Iran says it’ll stop if it’s not retaliated against but there is zero fucking chance Trump backs down.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10890
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 1-8-2020 at 03:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 1-8-2020 at 04:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Part of me thinks that since Trump didn’t go berserker tonight he might actually slow this down and say enough is enough and everyone needs to calm down and come to the table for peace talks. There’s the president, there’s guys that help run everything (that Trump has either told to fuck off or he filled those positions with sycohants) and there’s you know, the next level guys. Not some conspiracy theorist but I’m wondering if someone actually does have some pull with this nutbag.

Why was there plane travel out of Tehran today and of course, it just had to be Ukrainian.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 1-8-2020 at 05:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Man, we're one week into 2020 and all I can think is: hoping my buddy in Quebec is willing to let me crash on her couch.

That's not a joke either. I'm done with this shit.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6283
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 1-8-2020 at 10:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 1-8-2020 at 11:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
^^^^^Heh.

Hopefully Trump learns a lesson from this. I’m glad he backed down but next time the other country might not give us the heads up or go lightly but still hard enough to show that they’ll push back. He was in a personal no-win situation because of his earlier actions.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6283
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 1-9-2020 at 03:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Memes. Memes are all we have left to explain the world now.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3951
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 1-9-2020 at 12:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
While I am glad that Trump did not escalate the situation, I just can't get over the fact that he made shit worse to begin with and now wants credit for it not going tits up.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2020 at 09:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike
While I am glad that Trump did not escalate the situation, I just can't get over the fact that he made shit worse to begin with and now wants credit for it not going tits up.

Exactly.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2495
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 1-10-2020 at 03:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Then that plane carrying 170+ people got “accidentally” shot down in Tehran, depending on who you trust.
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 813
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 1-10-2020 at 08:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
Then that plane carrying 170+ people got “accidentally” shot down in Tehran, depending on who you trust.

Honestly, I don’t trust anybody with any of this stuff.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top