GO DAYTON FLYERS!!!
Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (December 27, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4472
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-28-2019 at 12:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (December 27, 2019)

Tonight on SmackDown: with RAW limping badly, it's SD's job to try to end the decade on a high note...

A 3-way main event of Daniel Bryan vs. Miz vs. Boring Carbon certainly enhances those prospects.... add in the fact that it is a #1 Contender match for the WWEU Title, and suddenly, you've also got a good chance of Bray Wyatt showing up and doing cool things, as well...

Nothing else officially announced, and I suspect many are still in the Holiday Spirit(s) if you know what I mean.... if nothing else, *I* am, which means I've got better things to do than guess at the rest of WWE's plans for tonight... I'm sure they aren't too hateful....

That is all. End communication...

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 10pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3300
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: PeriwinkleBlue

posted on 12-28-2019 at 04:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I saw Daniel Bryan at the start of the show, and YES'd along like I haven't yessed in years.

Then I saw Boring Carbon get ambushed by Roman Reigns, and nope'd the funk right on outta there.

I realize this sounds hatey, but I really don't mean it to be. I just realized that the 'E are still programming people I don't really enjoy in Main Event Programs, soooo....

Happy Nudes Year! Wait... that's now how it goes, is it?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6444
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Peninsula del pinga

Mood: Pumpkinheaded dipshit

posted on 12-29-2019 at 07:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh Golly! For the first time in a long time I was oot and aboot and I forgot this show was even on...

Did the thing go?

“A wise man once told me, never turn your back on someone you respect, or that you’re afraid of.” - Jake The Snake

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4780
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 12-29-2019 at 03:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For the first time in at least five years, I had nothing to do and tuned in to the last part of Smackdown. It was on and here's what I saw:

- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross interview Lacey Evans, who talks about being a "mama bear" and taking offense to someone getting in her kid's face;

- That led into a tag match between Evil Bayley and $asha Banks, and Lacey Evans and Dana Brook. Evans knocks out Bayley on a Woman's Right meant for Banks, but gets tossed out of the ring. Moments later, Banks gets Brooks to tap out.

- Dolph Ziggler triesto chat up Mandy Rose and destroys a cake that one of the Heavy Machinery guys gave her.

- We come back from commercial break and the shorter stockier Heavy Machinery guy finds the cake all smashed up on the floor and he is heartbroken. Also, he's wearing a jean vest and a bikini-style banana hammock speedo. Who in the hell allowed that to happen?

- Daniel Bryan versus The Miz versus King Corbin wrestle in a triple threat match to determine who faces Bray Wyatt or The Fiend at Royal Rumble. Everyone is given the jabroni treatment as their ring entrances are all untelevised (I never thought I'd see that happen). Dolph Ziggler interferes to try to help Corbin win. Roman Reigns interferes to take Ziggler out and then brawls with Corbin into the crowd and away from the ring. Down to Bryan and The Miz, it is Bryan who wins by submission.

- Bray Wyatt implores Daniel Bryan to let him in. Bryan leads the fans in a "Yes!" chant, suggesting that he agrees to do so.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11080
Registered 1-19-2008
Location put in my place, again

Mood: dooooonnn't care!

posted on 12-29-2019 at 10:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Did the thing go?

Unfortunately Lacey's daughter, aka Li'l Waerdo, did not appear this week, which is unfortunate because a child with rabies always improves any teevee show they appear on.

[Edited on 12/29/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Y'know, families really do absolutely fucking suck. They're the true source of everything that fucks up someone's life. Would have been better off to have been born into a vat and raised by a government robot.

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1037
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 12-30-2019 at 02:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Guys - I dunno what to say other than I feel for you, really I do.

I just finished watching Smackdown for the third time, and I loved every fucking minute.

This was about as perfect a show as I can remember. Logical, well booked matches with a "one night" story arc that plays in to multiple long term storylines and some top level in ring action.

WWE may be slipping a bit on RAW (KO will save that) but NXT and especially SD are fucking nailing it.

There was no bad segment this week. Not one.

Perfection.

2020 looks bright as fuck, hopefully we have finally left the attitude era bullshit behind once and for all.

Happy Holidays!

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4780
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 12-30-2019 at 03:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You loved every minute of Otis walking around in a thong, huh?

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12897
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA
Member Is Online

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-30-2019 at 06:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You say that like it's a bad thing.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8347
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-30-2019 at 06:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Years down the road, we'll still be talking about that amazing five star classic between Carmella and Mandy Rose.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 396
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood:

posted on 12-30-2019 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Otis in a thong ticks a lot of Vince's trope checkboxes.

Hillbilly character? Check
Idiot? Check
Slovenly and disgusting to others? Check
Inappropriate clothing showing waaay too much? Check
Food item destroyed? Check

When vince dies, thats when we find out that the trailer next to him was packed with overweight cross dressing pastry chefs that modelled themselves on the Pontipee family.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3300
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: PeriwinkleBlue

posted on 12-31-2019 at 03:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
Guys - I dunno what to say other than I feel for you, really I do.

I just finished watching Smackdown for the third time, and I loved every fucking minute.

This was about as perfect a show as I can remember. Logical, well booked matches with a "one night" story arc that plays in to multiple long term storylines and some top level in ring action.

WWE may be slipping a bit on RAW (KO will save that) but NXT and especially SD are fucking nailing it.

There was no bad segment this week. Not one.

Perfection.

2020 looks bright as fuck, hopefully we have finally left the attitude era bullshit behind once and for all.

Happy Holidays!

But either way, Happy Hyperbolic BEST NEW YEAR EVER!!!!!!! to you and all the OOthers in these parts!

[Edited on 12-31-2019 by Count Zero]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top