GO DAYTON FLYERS!!!
Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPV DISCUSSION: WWE TLC (December 15, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4476
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-15-2019 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPV DISCUSSION: WWE TLC (December 15, 2019)

As part of an apparently-on-purpose change in philosophy by Stable Genius Vince McMahon, PPV details/line-ups no longer need to be set in stone and communicated to the audience before the show itself.

So if you're wondering why you're not super-fired-up for TLC happening in a few hours, there's your answer. Because you either (1) already have the Network and can just flip over to it like any other TV channel or (2) can sign up for said Network for free ina matter of seconds, making the barrier to entry very low, you don't need convincing!

Official line-up as of this writing:

BRAY WYATT vs. THE MIZ ("Not the Fiend, Probably Not for the WWEU Title, Maybe Not Even a Real Match?" Match)
ASUKA/KAIRI SANE vs. BECKY LYNCH/CHARLOTTE (TLC Match for Women's Tag Titles)
THE NEW DAY vs. THE REVIVAL (Ladder Match for the SD Tag Titles)
ROMAN REIGNS vs. BORING CARBON (TLC Match)
ALEISTER BLACK vs. BUDDY MURPHEY
VIKING RAIDERS vs. TBA (Open Challenge for RAW Tag Titles)
RUSEV vs. BOBBY LASHLEY (Tables Match)

A pre-show match of Andrade vs. Humberto Carillo is apparently on the docket, as well.

Notable absences:

(1) Any details about the Bray/Miz match. Because WWE has indicated it will be "Funhouse" Bray, I stand by my theory that they will probably turn this into something other than a straight wrestling match. "Funhouse" Bray has never left backstage, so we'll see, but it seems to set up for a "Boiler Room Brawl" type thing, if they want. Bryan's whereabouts are another open issue that adds plenty of vagueness.

(2) Any involvment of RAW's top story, Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins, which sure as hell would have added some oomph to an otherwise mighty thin card. Owens showing up and instigating a brawl seems likely, but it's not the same as actually setting up a match and stakes.

(3) Any involvement from US Champ Rey Mysterio, or his primary nemesis(nemeses?) AJ Styles and The Club, despite there being a ready-made multi-way ladder match for the title right there for the taking. And again with the much needed oomph for an anemic line-up.

(4) Any involvement from IC Champ Shinsuke Nakamura and cross-brand heat-magnet Sami Zayn, despite afforementioned "oomph" and "anemia."

(5) A SD Women's Title Match. Did I mention oomph and anemia yet?

(6) Hell, after last Wednesday, you put a Cruiserweight Title rematch out there, and it's a huge upgrade!

So that's all stuff we'd like, but aren't getting.

Meantime, the stuff we are getting includes Rusev/Lana/Lashley WrestleCrap, and Chapter 58 of Roman Reigns vs. Nobody Cares. How thrilling.

Of course, it all adds up to one incontrovertible conclusion: somehow, this show -- which looks like a snoozefest on paper -- turns out to be chockful of great matches and a lot of fun. Every now and again, WWE pulls this shit where they set the bar so low that we forget there WILL be all kinds of tables, ladders, and chairs involved, and they always make everything better.

Or maybe not, and a riot-inducingly stupid finish to Bray/Miz makes it 3 PPVs in a row where WWE shits the bed and leaves fans chanting for refunds.

Fingers crossed.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1042
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 12-15-2019 at 11:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm both looking forward to Miz/Wyatt and dreading it.

As others have said, it would be great if funhouse Bray was a clean cut wrestler, as we know he can pull that off, and Miz would more than hold his own both wrestling and acting-wise.

However, we have seen funhouse Bray do some fucked up stuff too, so I dunno. I hope there is a big enough difference from the Fiend for it to be obvious, if not then what a waste.

Bryan turning up is very possible, but I'm also half expecting the Fiend too. Dallas?

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7485
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-15-2019 at 11:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I expect WWE to “reveal” that the Fiend and Funhouse host Bray Wyatt are actually two separate beings. Like, they’re both Bray Wyatt, but they also both exist independently of each other, which we’ll find out when Miz beats regular Bray within an inch of his, I dunno, health bar?, and I Ben is miraculously saved by the Fiend. Which WWE will have the announce team go overboard stating the Fiend is helping Bray somehow because Bray now has POWERS, even though the camera angle will accidentally reveal something about the Fiend not being anything close to Bray, like having no tattoos or being a 5’4 Asian man.

I’m forced-obligated into watching this because I have been given a late work start tomorrow and Survivor Series didn’t work

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 12-15-2019 at 11:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When I remembered there was a PPV about 20 minutes ago I couldn’t really think of any matches and then, just like Rick said, I joked that it will probably be a great show cause just when you think WWE can’t WWE any more they out WWE themselves inexplicably.

We gotta have a US title ladder match, right?

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Booker T is a national treasure.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7485
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 12-16-2019 at 12:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That Andrade/Humberto match was probably way better than it should have been. Not in the sense that those two can't have a good match (I don't know about Humberto but I'm positive Andrade is capable of those), but that the opening pre-show match for THIS particular PPV was that good and getting "This is Awesome" chants. That's a pretty high bar for the rest of the show to match, and they already were going to have problems clearing a low bar.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7846
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I do think Bray/Miz is intriguing, just because there's so many directions they can go. Does "normal" Bray show up? Does he turn into the Fiend during the match? Do Bray and the Fiend show up as two separate entities (as nOOb suggested)? Does Daniel Bryan come back and get involved?

And my late predictions/thoughts:

Bray Wyatt vs The Miz: I don't think there's any way in fuck Bray loses unless Bryan somehow gets involved, so I'm picking Bray to retain.

Roman Reigns vs Baron Corbin: I really hope this isn't going to be the main event, but I kind of feel like it's going to be. Give me Reigns to win, though I never count anything out with Corbin and his never-ending push.

New Day vs Revival: This has MOTN written all over it, so hopefully it delivers. I'll pick New Day to retain, even though them being tag champs is kind of redundant at this point.

The Kabuki Warriors vs Becky/Charlotte: It's kind of hard to see Becky and Charlotte as tag team champs, but the WWE does love their mega-baby face champion teams having short runs with the belts, so I'll pick them to win.

Aleister Black vs Buddy Murphy: This is one of the matches I'm most looking forward to and I hope these two just kick the shit out of each other for ten minutes. Give me Black for the win.

Rusev vs Bobby Lashley: Say what you want to about this batshit ridiculous feud, but it's at least gotten Rusev back over with the fans. I'll take Lashley to win so that this nightmare can continue.

The Viking Raiders Open Challenge: I saw some comments over on 411 about the Usos answering the challenge and that would be fucking awesome. I'll take the Vikings to retain though regardless of who they face.

EDIT: New Day are great and all, but dear god they've been doing the exact same gimmick for roughly five years now. I'm over it.

[Edited on 12-16-2019 by the goon]

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7485
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You forgive them for that though when Kofi springboards from the ladder tipping over into a DDT into a Trouble in Paradise.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6445
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Peninsula del pinga

Mood: Pumpkinheaded dipshit

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Helpful Reminder: Dash is the Bret Assailant Tune-up Guy and Dawson is the Bald One. Also, the larger blek fellow is not Kofi.

Also2, I don't mind these two groups perpetu-fighting at all. Unlike Roman/Cabron stuff, Revival/Nude Ay have The Chemistry.

“A wise man once told me, never turn your back on someone you respect, or that you’re afraid of.” - Jake The Snake

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If I have to keep hearing Roman’s unchained all night ...

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Somebody tell the King you can determine with a Google search who Andrade is dating and it’s not his manager.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7846
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
You forgive them for that though when Kofi springboards from the ladder tipping over into a DDT into a Trouble in Paradise.

Oh yeah, they're great in the ring and that match was fantastic. But if I never have to hear "Awwwwww (insert city name here) don't you dare be sour!" again, I won't complain.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If Black and Murphy main evented AEW Dynamite Meltzer would give them 137.6 stars.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6445
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A-Lister's choice of attire makes it look like he greased his trunks.

“A wise man once told me, never turn your back on someone you respect, or that you’re afraid of.” - Jake The Snake

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did they hand out pot brownies to the first 15 rows?

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
That Andrade/Humberto match was probably way better than it should have been. Not in the sense that those two can't have a good match (I don't know about Humberto but I'm positive Andrade is capable of those), but that the opening pre-show match for THIS particular PPV was that good and getting "This is Awesome" chants. That's a pretty high bar for the rest of the show to match, and they already were going to have problems clearing a low bar.

Having Andrade job to Humberto is mind boggling dumb. Humberto’s upside is possibly the US title. Andrade has world champion potential.

Dude deserves better.

Also New Day is like if the NAO were above average workers, with a side of social media know how. They deliver in the ring at too high a level, and have too strong of a connection with the fans.

But yeah...they’ve reached the “good but tiresome” level. I’m not sure how you refresh them. Have Big E get drafted to RAW by himself maybe? Maybe have all of them start feuds with separate people? Have Xavier get in to a UpUpDownDown feud with Lio Rush? Kofi with Nakamura, and Big E with Corbin?

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7846
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
A-Lister's choice of attire makes it look like he greased his trunks.

Agreed, not a great wardrobe choice by Black. But goddam was that a great match.

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Did they hand out pot brownies to the first 15 rows?

Yeah, it kind of sucked that they were dead for a good portion of that match. But this might be one of the best first/second match combos in the WWE in a long time and I kind of retroactively want to nominate Black/Murphy for MOTY over in the bOOardies thread.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What happens first? Someone gets power bombed through the KFC table or a plant at the table shits their pants from eating KFC?

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7485
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 12-16-2019 at 02:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not only are those fake fans distracting (and stupid), but they’re also amateurs if it takes four of them to finish one $20 Fill Up.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-16-2019 at 02:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Those seats are not worth eating KFC.
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7846
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-16-2019 at 02:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Gallows/Anderson answering the Viking Raiders' open challenge is slightly underwhelming. Pretty good match so far though.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 02:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How the fuck do you remove the gravy! This is a travesty.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7485
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 12-16-2019 at 02:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And much like KFC, this show only goes downhill from here.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6445
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-16-2019 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know you done fucked up when the VIKING Warriors get little to no response in freaking Minnesota dere Vince.

L.O.FUGGIN'L, this match was brOOught to us by the fine folks at KFC.

When is the next NXTstravaganza, please?

#FuckTheColonel

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-16-2019 at 02:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In their defense, the Viking experience in Minnesota generally involves heart breaking defeat in the most ridiculous way possible. So I guess teasing a gravy power bomb only to be given what we got makes sense.

I WWE. Do you?

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top