The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (December 9, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4405
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-9-2019 at 10:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (December 9, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: there's a PPV in 6 days, and RAW has a grand total of ZERO ready-to-go matches on the docket, which is apparently part of WWE's new "Vince's Random Brainstorm of the Month" in which you no longer need to build up PPV matches, since people can just sign up for the Network for free (or re-sign-up for a mere ten bucks) rather than having to be convinced to spend $50+...

If I had to guess, RAW's biggest story on Sunday will probably be Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens.... outside chance it ends up as Rollins/Owens vs. AoP at the PPV, but I think it more likely you have Seth and KO talked into a tag team of convenience on RAW, manage to implode, and arrive at the singles match for Sunday... either way, these 4 should be a centerpiece tonight...

Only two items have been officially announced for tonight's show as of this writing:

(1) a US Title rematch, with Rey Mysterio defending against AJ Styles... if I had to guess, based on last week's ending to RAW, this probably ends inconclusively, and sets up a 4-way Ladder Match at the PPV (Rey/Styles/Ricochet/Orton)...actually, it might turn out to be a 6-way, since McIntyre also has a standing issue with Orton, and Humberto Carillo has been a thorn in AJ's side for months...

And (2) we're all invited to bear witness to the signing of divorce papers between Rusev and Lana, and become stupider for having done so... this probably sets up another RAW match for Sunday's PPV, after which, hopefully we will be done with Rusev vs. Lashley...

Some combination of Becky Lynch (women's champ), Charlotte, and Asuka/Kairi (tag champs) should provide an outstanding women's match at TLC... at this point, all signs point to Becky and Charlotte teaming up for a tag title shot, but Becky was outspoken about wanting singles matches with Asuka just last month, so there are certainly ways to get to that outcome, as well...

Things are even foggier for tag champs, the Viking Raiders.... I guess if AoP don't force Rollins and Owens to team up, they'd be top of the list of heel challengers.... but otherwise, you'd have to insta-re-push Gallows and Anderson as their own thing and not just AJ's hired goons (they DO have that Best In The World trophy to make things easier), methinks...

Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy is definitely a going concern, but I'm not sure WWE has it pegged as PPV-worthy (it'll rate a segment tonight, regardless).... Erick Rowan's Mystery Pet will continue to intrigue no one.... and Samoa Joe is essentially healed up and ready to go if they have an opening for him, but he's also killing it on commentary, so let's all enjoy it while we can; the day is coming soon enough when they'll figure out a good reason for him to leave the desk and inflict ultra-violence on someone...

That is all. End communication...

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
Member Is Online

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On one hand, The Cans. On the other...

Also, poor poor RuRu looks like he's legit gone insane.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know how they can salvage this whole Rusev thing? By bringing back Rusev Day. Lashley gets help, Rusev is outnumbered, Aiden English arrives to help, and boom, Rusev Day.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8007
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was up there with the worst 20 minute segments in the history of wrestling.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yet the crowd was cheering wildly and I'll bet that comes up as one of the highest rated if not the highest rated segment on the show. Guaranteed Vince was a full mast for that one too.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3331
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This Lana/Russev shit is going to put me BACK in the hospital!

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Announcer dude: "Never insult a man's family."

Samoa Joe: "Absolutely not."

Uhm.....wasn't that the whole gist of your feud with Mysterio?? Continuity not so good right now.

ETA: I did not detect any hit of irony/wink-wink-nudge-nudge in his delivery either.

[Edited on 12-10-2019 by G-Spot]

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7899
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If nothing else, the WWE can now claim Rusev day as their own doing, so let them see this as a win and push Rusev.

Also...I was half expecting Lana talking about Rusev never finding another woman like her to result in a way too soon debut of Scarlett Bordeaux.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 01:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G-Spot

Uhm.....wasn't that the whole gist of your feud with Mysterio?? Continuity not so good right now.

AJ Styles, too.

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8007
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 02:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G-Spot

Don't forget he tried to kidnap/murder/fuck AJ's wife or something.

ETA: I should absolutely read the entire thread before posting or else I wouldn't have duplicated a comment made 30 minutes ago. But I'm keeping this here anyway.

[Edited on 12-10-2019 by DevilSoprano]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7899
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-10-2019 at 02:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Humberto should not be beating Andrade. I mean, you might as well push Apollo over Ricochet while you are at it.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 12-10-2019 at 02:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
But Zelinanigans!

Aw man not the sweet van Kev, eh?

ETA: Lamest. Subterfuge reveal. Ever.

[Edited on 12-10-2019 by janerd75]

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So where were AOP while Kevin Owens was walking around that SUV? Because they came at him from the back, but his back was to those steel shutters. Did he just ... not notice them standing like 10 feet away from the rear doors? Does he have T-rex vision, and he couldn't see them because they were standing completely still?
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4405
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 12-10-2019 at 02:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So, ummm, 2006 called, and it wants its "24" bad guys and SHOCKING!!! swerve back?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 02:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
So, ummm, 2006 called, and it wants its "24" bad guys and SHOCKING!!! swerve back?

I thought "24" was more about reveals that were shocking, but made no logically consistent sense, as opposed to reveals that made sense, but were painfully obvious to anyone paying even a minimum of attention.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 12-10-2019 at 02:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
He couldn't put his tape-wrapped hand in his pocket and do the hoodie reveal with the other hand?

Do the cackle or it doesn't count, Seth. DO THE LAUGH!!!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 12-10-2019 at 03:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
(reveal - aww, son of a bitch!)

"It was me, Kev! It was me all along!"

"What do you want from me?!?!?!?"

A sloppy handjob from your hot fiancé? Just askin'. [/innerdiceman]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 12-10-2019 at 03:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Slop jalop FTW!

Agayn, and I can't agayn this enough, but why the FUCK do they keep 2-on-1'ing the individually capable Kairi and Asuka as TAG TEAM CHAMPEENS into being equal to either 1 Cherlette and/or 1 Bex?!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 12-10-2019 at 03:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
See, now this is the kind of whacko heelery that everyone should enjoy.

EDIT: hey, it's still alive!

http://www.wowefa.com/stories/updates.php

EDIT: they really need to advertise Rowan as being from northern Florida, just so they can make the thing in the cage a possum with a recurring prolapse issue - or it's Matt Gaetz in the cage, which is essentially the same thing as a prolapse possum

[Edited on 12/10/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 12-10-2019 at 03:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Okay...Charly's line about needing to learn more languages was fucking funny!!!!

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4405
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 12-10-2019 at 04:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G. Jonah Jameson
quote:
Originally posted by OORick

I thought "24" was more about reveals that were shocking, but made no logically consistent sense, as opposed to reveals that made sense, but were painfully obvious to anyone paying even a minimum of attention.

The all-caps and 3 exclamation points were intended to convey my issues with the "shockingness," but yeah, you more or less hit on some of the reasons it wasn't a great reveal.

They followed it up with Becky's match against Asuka/Kairi. For the second week in a row, I don't care that they made the "1" in "1-on-2" look fairly strong, because it still ended the right way.

That said, putting Becky on RIGHT AFTER Seth made his giant "I am I dickhead" speech just underscores that Becky still hasn't chimed in on her boyfriend's assholitude, when it really feels like she should. If the ultimate endgame is that Becky is evil, too, well, that might be worth it. Otherwise, it seems like a mighty mighty amount of sweepingundertheruggery.

Glad we're getting the women's tag title match on Sunday, TLC rules no less. Should be awesome on its own merits, and it has the chance to jump start so much more goodness, since the tag titles are on the line, but Becky's title is a delightful bit of subtext.

Main event was more or less what I expected. I just expected Ricochet also. So instead of a 4-way at the PPV, it's now a 3-way? BOOK IT~! Do we make it a ladder match still, or no?

And yeah, Chuck is definitely stepping up as a rare "value-added" interviewer.... this is rarified air (Mean Gene was the original, Renee is the most recent), but given her recent (last 2 weeks) issues, the acknowledgement of language short-comings tonight with Asuka/Kairi actually forced me into an involuntary snort-giggle. So well played.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top