The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AEW 3 months in ...
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12748
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-11-2019 at 06:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jericho's been a shining star - I enjoy him very much on AEW. Cody doesn't get as much love around here, but I think he's been great on AEW as well. Moxley as well. Omega has been missing something, but I think he'll get there. Lucha Bros. and SCU are always fun, and I dig some other characters, too (Inner Circle, Jurassic Express, MJF). However, AEW isn't must-see television for me, and honestly part of that is that there's so much wrestling content out there (let alone streaming TV content between Disney+, Netflix and HBO) nothing outside of WWE PPVs and NXT Takeovers come close to must-see these days.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 12-11-2019 at 07:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have enjoyed the product quite a bit since it became a weekly thing, and while there are kinks that need working on, itís fun and I watch each episode from front to back.

I think we should all hope they do well and improve. It only helps the business.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3209
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 12-11-2019 at 08:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
I have enjoyed the product quite a bit since it became a weekly thing, and while there are kinks that need working on, itís fun and I watch each episode from front to back.

I think we should all hope they do well and improve. It only helps the business.

This is 100% true. I do wonder if a truly A+, groundbreaking product is even possible in 2019. Everything good gets over exposed so quick. Itís almost as if we need to start making a delineation between a great pro wrestler and a TV star.

Jericho in 2019 is a TV star. Omega is a pro wrestler. Mox is probably the closest mix AEW has to both. In WWE Reigns, Orton and most of the rest are TV stars first at this point. Many of the NXT guys - especially Cole (who is an amazing pro wrestler) are becoming less pro-wrestlers and more TV stars by the day.

I mean Ricochet isnít any worse at wrestling now than 2 years ago, but itís almost like he is failing a bit at the TV star portion of his job. There are many others like him too.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4111
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 12-12-2019 at 01:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One thing AEW has that it's unique to itself is the hot crowds while going to different cities. RAW and SD have to deal with dead crowds while Full Sail can get tiring.

Some people dislike AEW for the very same reason but I like them. They elevate the entire show.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top