The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (December 2, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 12-2-2019 at 11:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (December 2, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: with WWE Champ Brock Lesnar likely absent until the 1/5/20 edition of RAW, it looks like our central storyline will be "RAW's locker room leader".... last week, Seth Rollins told everybody they suck, as he tried to give a pep talk and claim that role as his own...

[Noticeably absent: his girlfriend, who very much lost at Survivor Series, just like the rest of 'em, but who for some reason opted not to chime in with regards to who may or may not suck.]

Kevin Owens stood up to Rollins, but when push came to shove -- in a main event singles match -- the two wound up partnering up after they were attacked by the Authors of Pain.... there's no reason to suspect KO and Seth are really best of buddies, but for whatever it's worth, Rollins is slated to make an "apology" tonight...

The only other segment WWE has announced as of this writing is a 2-on-1 handicap match, with Asuka and Kairi Sane facing Charlotte.... Asuka used the Green Mist to beat Charlotte last week, so there's reallly no logical reason to expect Charlotte to get a different result with the odds even more stacked against her.... however, the afore-alluded-to Becky Lynch is supposedly on a collision course with Asuka where she'll defend her Women's Title... along the way, women's tag title matches would make plenty of sense, too....

Though not pre-announced, expect new US Champ Rey Mysterio to be featured... not only will former champ AJ Styles (and Gallows/Anderson) have something to say about that, it seems like we are seeing a ramp-up in terms of Rey's son's involvement, too...

The rest? Uhhhhh, let's see.... Rusev/Lashley/Lana will continue stupiding up the joint.... the prospects for Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy are MUCH more promising... the Viking Warriors need fresh tag challengers (assuming it isn't just going to be AoP getting strapped to a rocket)... Singh Brothers + R-Truth = 24/7 Hijinx.... Erick Rowan's new pet will continue to intrigue exactly no one... other than that, no real pre-existing issues, but plenty of useful pieces to move around the board (Ricochet, McIntyre, Andrade, Carillo, Orton, and possibly a now-healthy Samoa Joe)...

That is all. No, wait.

ALL HAIL YOUR 19th RANKED UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON FLYERS~!

THAT is all. End communication...

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 12-3-2019 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is Dio down the hall from Mauro at WWEArkham too?

ETA: CANADIENNES AREN'T SUPPOSED TO SWEAR, EH!

Lol, Generic Ethnic Villains FTW! Never change, WWE.

ETA2: Y'know, I'd take this Lana nonsense more seriously if she wore cornrows, long red fangernails, n' big-assed gold hoop earrings to complete her Dating-A-Brother Motif.

Y'know2, literally all they had to do to resurrect Rusev Day was have him come back out with Aiden. Bobby could have paired up with any given cruiser that could talk and do a Big Guy/Little Guy tag team ala Enzo/Cass.

ETA3: I'm assuming Akam and Razar are going to tie Kev up and put ice picks in his balls now? International Ethnic Mafia FTW!

[Edited on 12-3-2019 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-3-2019 at 01:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kevin Owens talking over Lana was great. A voice of the voiceless kind of thing. Same with him not pulling a Sting and declining the tag match.

Also...performer of the night is the double sided tape keeping Lana’s assets in her dress.

Oh and Joe at the announce desk is great. I kind of hope he goes full time. His body seems to fail whenever he gets a mini push, and I’d love him to be entertaining without risk of longer term damage.

ETA: Rusev at least seems to be having fun.

[Edited on 12-3-2019 by bigfatgoalie]

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 12-3-2019 at 01:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aw man, I missed....... that stuff. SAY IT AIN'T SOAP.

Edit: It's going to be really awkward when it turns out those guys weren't actual cops, or even WWE Fake Cops, and Lana and Lashley are never seen again.

[Edited on 12-3-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 12-3-2019 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So, ummmmm... that cut away to Truth and the Street Profits giggling makes it okay that cops just arrested a black man for no reason? /thinkingtoohard
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-3-2019 at 01:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
So, ummmmm... that cut away to Truth and the Street Profits giggling makes it okay that cops just arrested a black man for no reason? /thinkingtoohard

And one of the arresting officers was a black cop too! Even in kayfabe the brothas can't escape the hoooooite supermacy. #SMH #ThisIs'Murica

ETA: I welcome this upcoming #Hossfest betwixt Randall and Drew.

ETA2: Since they're apparently allowed to swear now, I think Buddy Murphy's new tagline should be something along the lines of, "Oi cunt, oim comin' fer ya!". #RespectAussieCulture

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 12-3-2019 at 02:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
With that said, this means Murphy's going to easily beat Black at a future PPV after drugging him with a cup of chamomile tea.

Hey, my jacket.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1669
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 12-3-2019 at 02:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So WWE did an angle where the police stood around scratching their balls while a white man walked right through a restraining order, then arrested a black man for questioning them. And people complain the company can't book realistic storylines.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-3-2019 at 02:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More proof The System™ works.

ETA: Bald n' beardless Eric Young is more unsettling than anything he ever did with Sanity.

ETA2: Rowan's got Captain Stubing in that cage there, don't he?

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 12-3-2019 at 02:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like how tonight has had a strong "here's someone who hasn't been seen in a match in some time or is new to the roster, so enjoy them being squashed" vibe.

Hey, my jacket.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 12-3-2019 at 02:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
They’ve also done a decent job of “here’s what’s coming after the break” tonight.

And really, nothing tonight has been bad, but it’s been kind of a forgettable show.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 12-3-2019 at 02:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Okay, I think tonight's Best Moment is now seeing that one person seated along the entrance path with the Charlotte Chair sign.

Edit: Oh right, forgot they finally got a new team theme. Hooray!

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-3-2019 at 03:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dunno what y'alls are talkin' aboat but his has been a pretty decent episode of Dynamite thusfar.

Also, and as always and forever... The Cans.

Also2, uhhhhh, as the resident racesexogynist I'm not sure how to bring this up, but did Asuka/Kairi just do a really obvious chingchonglanguage promo? When Old Man Uncle Janny's uncomfortable, then you know something might be amiss.

Also3, King with the Old Skool Flair vs. Lawler reference in regards to the current Cherlette match!

ETA: Also4, there's literally there's no reason Asuka shouldn't be able to cool hoo-ip the dogshit outta Cherlette on her own. Why they gotta do the Kabuki Warriors like that? Oh. Ohhhhhhhhh. Right. The Cans™.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 12-3-2019 at 03:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd also assume because they're in Heel Mode now. But it does seem like for being tag champs, they spend more time in singles matches or losing things. Also kind of funny that being heels seems to make it so two women that should be able to compete easily against Charlotte are having a hard time putting her down together. The magic of wrestling, I guess!

Edit: I appreciate that they got a win there because Charlotte didn't know who was legal.

Edit II: Oh nice, actual jobbers this time.

Edit III: And a small but audible NO MORE SQUASH MATCHES chant. Heh. But seriously, could no one come up with a script for the night that went beyond 75%+ squashes?

Hey, my jacket.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 12-3-2019 at 03:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I mean this is the same company who knows replica masks sell, and yet have guys like Humberto (who wore a mask as Ultimo Ninja) just be bland Latino number 5.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-3-2019 at 04:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Couldn't just let AJ and the OC have that final moment, huh?

And we are on the Road to Wednesdaymania, folks! Join us there whens't the importanter shows happen! Wrasslin' Fever! Catch it!

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 12-3-2019 at 04:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not a great effort tonight, or anything, but seemingly free from unforced errors.

Viva la small victories?

RE: Humberto Carillo, I'm of a different mind than goalie. That kid is the opposite of generic meat ground into luchasausage. He needs to be all happy and smiley and impishly handsome to sell his character, which I assure you, will work out in the end, if Ricky Steamboat taught us anything.

RE: women's tag match, I liked all of it. Asuka and Kairi having an actual theme song of their own is worth 27 wins by itself. Long overdue. The logic of the match? Eh, I said it was logically stupid. Then, Joe said the EXACT SAME THING. So WWE isn't hiding from it. But in a way, the green mist was Asuka's illegal partner last week. This week, Kairi was merely her LEGAL partner, so we got the same result. There's some wiggle room there, just so long as it wasn't Asuka + Kairi + Mist > Charlotte. Which it wasn't. It still only took two of the three.

Specifically RE: Asuka's prematch promo, I don't think anything racist happened there. Then again, I'm not sure, because I only last week found out that Asuka started a new youtube channel, and more or less, she splits her time between two types of videos: (1) cooking segments, and (2) stuff I assume you have to be Japanese to get.

As a home cook (and a self-identified fan of pan-asian cuisine who legit cooked bulgogi for dinner tonight), the former just makes me an even bigger Asuka fan. One of her catchphrases seems to be "EZ-PZ" (think the one episode of "Better Call Saul" focused on Mike), and I know that was part of tonight's promo, probably alongside other cultural appropriations.

Now you know what it feels like, 'Muricans.

In other news: who were the Viking Raiders taunting? It seemed like they were specifically calling somebody out....

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4107
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 12-3-2019 at 04:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What's up with the lack of Becky Lynch? On one hand I guess the RAW's women roster is kind of lacking in contender,especially with Charlotte and Asuka busy with each other but is keeping her off tv really any better than hotshotting Liv Morgan or someone else into a feud with her?
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-3-2019 at 04:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah Bex being MIA is kinda A Thing. My fantasy booking is her y Seth eventually being THE WWE heel couple ala HHH/Steph.

Still reeling that noted polite and kind Canadienne KO was clearly legit allowed to bust oot a fully aired on USA "bullshit" agaynst Seth and yet the crowd didn't turn it into a chant. Fookin' 'el, CM Punk and WHAT get chanted into oblivion yet the most obvious and gratuitous use of a swear mostly gets ignored?!?! FU, The WWE Universe. F. Fucking. U.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 12-3-2019 at 04:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The lack of Becky has to be related to the fact that WWE made her relationship with Rollins public, and now, if they want to do a hotshot angle with Seth (maybe he's a heel? maybe not?), they have to work her into it, logically.

And they've had two weeks, and still haven't figured that out, because the aren't that clever and/or their Stable Genius Boss hasn't signed off on how to work it out.

I mean, this is a serious rib on various aspects of WWE creative (especially all the parts that are Vince), but at the same time: you actually don't want to rope Becky into some hot garbage without some thought, so I approve of holding her out for a minute.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 12-3-2019 at 07:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As Otto once said to Homer, is anything from tonight's RAW going to be on the test because I wasn't paying attention.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 12-3-2019 at 08:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I happened to catch the Charlotte vs Asuka/Kairi match.

The idea of a handicap match is demeaning for The Kabuki Warriors unless WWE portrayed Charlotte as somewhat delusional (which it did not). Both Asuka and Kairi are on her level 1 vs 1. And I think most of the audience knows that. Vince has to clear his head.

Still, he gave everyone the right result.

Charlotte should be in a Wrestlemania feud with Rhea Ripley.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 12-3-2019 at 08:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shashwat mishra

Charlotte should be in a Wrestlemania feud with Rhea Ripley.

Shadrach my man, always with your fingers on the pulse. I support this booking 100%. That and give me Bex vs. Rhonnie and Bayley/Sasha vs. Bliss/Cross vs. Kabuki Warriors and I'm happy.

Agayn, weird show with lots of potential (Randall vs. Drew, Seth vs. Errbody) but, y'know, the three hours vs. two is still murderous. Plus all the other bullshit (KO approved!) like the hyperbright lighting, wacky Chuck-based interview transitions that Renee was so much better at, The Continuing Adventures of LEO-Involved Lana/Lashley/Rusev miscegifest shenaniggans, Chubby Andrade, shaved EY, etc.

My golly!, for all the complaints that Vince is some thoughtless eeeeeevil biznessmunn, he sure is stomping the brakes whiles't hittin' the gas at the same time. Sure, chairshots to the head are out butt fuckin' give 'er and Liveleak the motherfuck old man, I ain't gettin' any younger!

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 12-3-2019 at 10:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Janerd,

Becky vs Baszler
Make a splash
Tap the Man
Rematch at SummerSlam

I see Lady Ronnie Lesnar vs Man Killer somewhere later and Vince fulfilling all his MMA > Wrestling fantasies

Sadly, Gina Carano is making bad movies. She could be WWE Champ forever.

Stuck in the 1980s.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 12-3-2019 at 02:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75

The Cans™.

Whoever invented the push-up bra should win all the Nobel Prizes for the rest of forever.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top