GO DAYTON FLYERS!!!
Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 25, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4472
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-26-2019 at 01:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 25, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: we switch back to everybody hating everybody else, rather than trying to stick together for the sake of The Brand....

Comparatively speaking, RAW has less pre-existing pissiness than NXT or SD to build upon... Brock Lesnar is now free and clear of Rey Mysterio and in need of a next challenger, although it is unlikely he'll defend again until the Royal Rumble PPV, so there's time to get around to that...

Pretty much the one thing that boiled over for RAW was Asuka causing Charlotte to get eliminated last night.... tonight, the two will face off in a singles match, but all signs would seem to point to Becky and Kairi getting involved, with the ultimate goal of both tag title matches and an extended Becky/Asuka feud for the RAW women's title...

Nothing else has been confirmed by WWE...

In terms of US Champ AJ Styles, it looks like they are setting up for Humberto Carillo to run the gauntlet... he already beat Hot Karl last week, so look for Styles to throw Gallows out there this week, with an eventual title shot coming Carillo's way....

There is absolutely no clear-cut direction in the tag division, where the Viking Raiders need fresh opponents.... seems to soon for the AoP, but if not them, then who?

With one of the Singhs still holding the 24/7 Title, I expected a perpetually-confused R-Truth to continue questing to regain it tonight...

Next PPV is TLC, so expect various feuds to sudden include a random emphasis on one (AND ONLY ONE) of those weapons, while one feud is lucky enough to be allowed to use all three....

Word on the street is that Vince was very pissed off at how things ended at last night's PPV (which is hilarious since he no doubt signed off on it), and has gotten rather handsy with regards to trying to make things "better" tonight..... so that's always quite an adventure; buckle up, kids....

[If Vince-tasticness sends the show down the shitter early, just remember, you can still play the "SEE EM PUNK" over/under game. I set the O/U at 7 on Friday, and by my count we're at 4 legit annoying/wankery/inappropriate Punk chants so far in 3 shows (1 each SD and NXT, 2 at the PPV)... and it's 5 if you count the PPV pre-show, but I don't think I will. Given this is the 4th show in a row for a lot of these fans, I expect the Insubordination to the strong in this one, and re-affirm my "over" wager.]

That is all. End communication.

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1516
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-26-2019 at 02:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So I'm late enough to miss Owens Stunnering Rollins, which would've probably been enjoyable, but make it in time for the Stunningly Stupid Bullshit of the evening. Makes sense.

Edit: I suppose if there's one plus in this situation, it's that seemingly everyone hates this fucking storyline, but the crowds should usually support Rusev instead of just shitting on all parties involved. Optimally, anyway.

[Edited on 11-26-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-26-2019 at 02:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Going from Monday Night Rollins to The Kevin Owens Show = yes please.

Id love KO to beat Brock at WrestleMania, but Im pretty sure that spot is reserved for Cain Velasquez. Maybe have Cain help KO win the belt at the Rumble?

ETA: #FreeRusev #RusevDay

[Edited on 11-26-2019 by bigfatgoalie]

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1516
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-26-2019 at 02:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was actually much more tolerable than usual. But probably because it consisted of Rusev beating up Lashley and then executing another instance of trying to murder someone on a wrestling show via falling scaffolding.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6444
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Peninsula del pinga

Mood: Pumpkinheaded dipshit

posted on 11-26-2019 at 02:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Poor, poor Matt Hardy. I sure would like to talk to his and Rey's pharmacist though.

A-Lister, finally!

Just Janny Thoughts: Chuck's lips have no creases or wrinkles in them.

A wise man once told me, never turn your back on someone you respect, or that youre afraid of. - Jake The Snake

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1516
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-26-2019 at 02:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also, seeing all that stuff now from the beginning of the show, I guess we're headed for a Rollins heel turn now? Which would be more than okay with me. Unless Vince WWEs all over this. And... you know...

Edit: What should happen now is Ricochet uses the next 1.5 hours to legally change his name to Humberto Carrillo and BAM, instant title shot.

Edit II: I was thinking this was leading to a five-way for the title, but I guess this works too. And with the added bonus of not being one of those "and we'll figure out who's gonna fight you for that title... at the next PPV event" moments.

[Edited on 11-26-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 11-26-2019 at 03:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So half way through and this has been a fairly solid RAW.

Only oddity is we are 1/2 way through and no Beck or Brock, who is suppose to be on tv tonight is he not?

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4472
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 11-26-2019 at 03:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not sure Brock is a thing we should expect.

But I admit to finding Becky's absence rather suspicious. By her boyfriend's logic, she's the worst and part of the problem after getting beat last night.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1516
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-26-2019 at 03:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't feel like it counts as a miracle when a second guy was required to secure a win.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6444
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-26-2019 at 03:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah, why the heck not? Kinda a "thanks for your longtime service" type thing. He'll probably lose it to Randall next anyway.

A wise man once told me, never turn your back on someone you respect, or that youre afraid of. - Jake The Snake

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 11-26-2019 at 03:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Miracle or not, the 4 way and title match were fun professional wrestling.

This seems life a post Mania style reset, with Seth being positioned as a heel, Orton as a face, and a bunch of guys (Murphy, Andrade, AOP) getting squash wins.

Also, Kevin Owens has....it.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1516
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-26-2019 at 04:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also find it kind of funny that Dio stays off commentary for multiple weeks to sell being attacked by Lesnar, yet Rey loses against Lesnar last night, but follows up the very next night winning a four-way match and then a U.S. Title match. WRASSLIN!

But now I can ease my tormented mind by watching Asuka beat up Charlotte. Maybe.

Hey, my jacket.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 11-26-2019 at 04:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Asuka using the green mist has been awesome. Part of me thinks they are over doing it, but fuck that...its fun, its over, and hell...its a way to have somebody like Charlotte lose while staying strong.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6444
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-26-2019 at 04:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This just in: Lana's lips also have no creases or wrinkles in them, but after hanging out with Lashley I suppose that is to be expected.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4271
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-26-2019 at 04:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kind of like the symmetry between HHH's failed babyface run in 2002 and Seth's this year. They both get the triumphant babyface WM Run with a Royal Rumble win and getting the Title at WM but by the end of year they're the biggest assholes of their brand. Seth truly is following in the footsteps of his mentor.

[Edited on 11-26-2019 by First 9]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6444
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-26-2019 at 04:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's. A. Jamokefest. Die Owens die.

[Edited on 11-26-2019 by janerd75]

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1516
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-26-2019 at 05:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was thinking maybe having the AoP ignore Rollins either meant they were working for him, or meant to make it look like they were working for him so as to make him look like a bigger dick/heel. Except then attacking Owens again makes me side with AoP working for him. Or they just had AoP beat up Owens for reasons. I dunno.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6444
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-26-2019 at 05:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I, for one, am looking forward to the return of The Architect's snotty ha ha HAAAAAAs. Dunno exactly what he's building, but I look forward to hearing it nonetheless. Turn Bex too and that's one Turbodouche heel couple ya got right there.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4472
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 11-26-2019 at 05:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Welp, whether Vince really went hands-on and messed with intended booking plans or not, this was not good TV in the grand scheme.

It was another case of a show without a discernible climax. Not as bad as last night, but still pretty bad.

"Sustainable Episodic TV" is my favorite thing, but just because you have to give viewers a reason to tune in again next week DOES NOT absolve you of giving them a satisfying package this week.

The second you slack off and go the "we'll get you next week route" without giving us SOMEthing this week? It just shows you don't know what you're doing.

The "prestige dramas" that currently dominate all the awards and popular buzz on TV? We all know that they are shot and in the can for months before they start airing, and so even if they take one week to do a massive cock-tease without a real ending, we still trust that they're gonna get us where we want to go in the end.

With WWE, I'm well within my rights to say that trust does not exist, because nobody has a plan longer than next week, and the need to pay-off every individual show is stronger. Some shows can be more HERE IT IS NOW, and some shows can be more HEY WE GOT YOU THE GOOD STUFF HAPPENS NEXT WEEK, but no viewer is watching with the same expectation that "If I just give them to the end of the season/next PPV it will all be good."

I digress. It's been a long weekend of wrestling, and I might be just cranky. [Spoiler: I'm not, WWE just messes up sometimes.]

Unexpected outcome: you are winner if you took the "under" in my Over/Under "SEE EM PUNK" game. Huh.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9491
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-26-2019 at 04:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I didn't make it through the whole show but damn that was a fun first segment and I'm glad we're finally getting heel Rollins. His line to Mysterio (something along the lines of "You were a great hope for Raw to win but you and your stupid son couldn't get it done!!" was awesome.) I would love to see him and AJ team up on occasion as a heel tag team of wrestling perfection.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1809
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 11-26-2019 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Liked the Rollins heel turn. It was a long time in coming, especially after the debacle that was HITC. He lost a lot of credibility and fans after that poor booking. A bit of hypocrisy not having Becky Lynch at ringside, she main evented SS and doesn't even show up to take her medicine as well???

K.O. was the MVP of last night's show. Adding AOP to the mix with a beat down and possibly teaming them up with Rollins, would create a formidable heel stable for RAW.

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 396
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood:

posted on 11-27-2019 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just hope the AoP do better than Noble and Mercury did.
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3354
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-27-2019 at 05:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just flipped it on. Rollins heel turn! Thank Jebus!

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2524
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-27-2019 at 09:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't think it's quite a full heel turn yet, but it's the obvious beginning of one. Rollins still thinks he's a good guy and he hasn't fully embraced evil. I imagine he'll try to 'team up' with Owens against AoP only to betray him down the road.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7833
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-28-2019 at 05:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
I don't think it's quite a full heel turn yet, but it's the obvious beginning of one. Rollins still thinks he's a good guy and he hasn't fully embraced evil.

That's why I'm digging what they're doing with Rollins' heel turn thus far. Even when he was curb-stomping Owens into the mat at the end, he was saying stuff along the lines of "we need to work together to make this place better Kevin!" I'd love to see them continue down this road with him, where instead of going the usual heel route where he just accuses the fans of turning on him and becomes an asshole, he stays a "face" who is obsessed with being the best and making RAW the best wrestling show on TV, eventually doing more and more unscrupulous shit to achieve that goal.

Plus, we've already seen him play the cocky heel before, so this would be a fresh take on heel Seth Rollins.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top