The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PPV DISCUSSION: WWE Survivor Series (November 24, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-23-2019 at 11:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PPV DISCUSSION: WWE Survivor Series (November 24, 2019)

The whole notion of "brand supremacy" sometimes rings hollow, since the same company signs all the checks.... but this year, there's at least a little bit more sizzle, as NXT is getting in on the fun.

And boy howdy, are they ever making the most of it. And we have Saudi Arabia and their dirrrty dirrrty money to thank! While NXT was always scheduled to be a part of the PPV, all signs point to them being slowly worked in starting the week of November 4.... instead, the entire RAW and SD rosters had their flight delayed, and NXT basically dominated the November 1 edition of SmackDown on a night where they were making stuff up on the fly (hell, the NXT charter didn't even land until 20 minutes before showtime).

Crazy.

But now the black and gold brand are well positioned to contribute mightily and spruce up the traditional battle between red and blue. Here's the line-up:

TEAM RAW (Rollins/Owens/Ricochet/Orton/McIntyre) vs. TEAM NXT (all to be determined, though I would wager Ciampa and Lee will be 2 of the 5) vs. TEAM SMACKDOWN (Reigns/Strowman/Ali/Gable/Corbin) (Elimination Match)
TEAM RAW (Charlotte/Natalya/Asuka/Kairi/Logan) vs. TEAM NXT (all to be determined, though I would wager on Ripley being part of the team) vs. TEAM SMACKDOWN (Banks/Cross/Carmella/Evans/Dana) (Elimination Match)
BRAY WYATT vs. DANIEL BRYAN (WWEU Title Match)
BROCK LESNAR vs. REY MYSTERIO (No Holds Barred Match for the WWE Title)
ADAM COLE vs. TO BE DETERMINED (NXT Title Match)
BECKY LYNCH vs. SHAYNA BASZLER vs. BAYLEY (Champ v. Champ v. Champ)
AJ STYLES vs. RODERICK STRONG vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA (Champ v. Champ v. Champ)
VIKING RAIDERS vs. UNDISPUTED ERA vs. THE NEW DAY (Champ v. Champ v. Champ)

Easiest call of the night is that all 3 male champs seem like mortal locks to retain. It's too soon to blow up the Wyatt Mystique (especially on a "feud" that materialized out of thin air 2 weeks ago). Heyman's kick-ass "Massacre or Miracle" promo on Monday notwithstanding, absolutely nobody is asking for one last Mysterio title reign; plus, Brock has way more big money options as we move into WrestleMania Season. And as much as I love Pete Dunne, there's no guarantee he's the one to face Cole, and even if he does, I can't see the "unProphecying" coming in such a random match.

The 3 tri-champ matches are a bit tougher to figure. Styles seems a nominal favorite over Strong/Shin, but with the OC, UE and Sami providing extra-curriculars, who knows? I like the New Day's chances, but by no means is that a slam dunk. And simply by addressing the fact that Bayley is the underdog and making that part of the storyline, WWE has made Bayley into a very compelling potential winner, who might figure out a way to steal the match after Becky and Baszler beat the snot out of each other. We'll see.

No real point talking about the 5-on-5 matches, simply because of how much mystery there is surrounding NXT's teams. Other than saying that there exists no sane universe in which the women's SD team should win (Sasha and Nikki plus 3 mostly-afterthoughts does not bode well considering that Sasha and Nikki hate each other), I think things are pretty wide open in both matches.

Lots of good stuff here. Plenty of in-ring awesomeness, plenty of drama, a little something for everyone.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 03:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just watched the Facebook Live with Rhea Ripley choosing her team for Survivor Series....

Rhea, Candice LeRae, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, and Toni Storm.

Shawn Michaels & Chiampa are going to announce Men's NXT team during the Kick Off Show.

[Edited on 11-24-2019 by G-Spot]

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 11-24-2019 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My impression is that Michaels and Regal will announce the men's team. HHH admitted to misspeaking in a post-show media avail.

Regardless, Ciampa's gotta be part of the team. His name just wasn't supposed to be mentioned last night.

In addition to there being all sorts of wacky speculation and drama over NXT's team -- and if Kevin Owens defects from RAW to join NXT, then there is fresh speculation and drama for RAW's final mystery member -- HHH also said part of the reason for not revealing the NXT teams ahead of time was simple pragmatism: WarGames is brutal, and he didn't want to announce teams only to have injuries happen and not be able to deliver their announced line-ups.

That said, Hunter also says everybody came out of TakeOver without much more than some bumps and bruises, so all hands on deck, basically.

Re: Owens.... as nonsensical as that segment was on Monday, with HHH bending over backwards to recruit him to NXT, only to have Undisputed Era show up to kick the shit out of him while HHH did nothing, I would not automatically assume KO is jumping to NXT. It's certainly possible, but they narrative last night was that Owens was more pissed off at UE, and accepted a chance to take out his frustrations on them in a brutal once-a-year setting, which is way different from him showing up because he was accepting HHH's invitation to switch brands entirely.

We shall see.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 10:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kick Off Show will now feature....

The Undisputed Era vs The Viking Raider vs The New Day

Lio Rush defending the NXT Cruiserweight Championship against Akira Tozawa and Kalisto

A Tag Team Battle Royal

EDITED TO ADD...

Just announced by HBK...Team NXT is Ciampa, Riddle, Priest, Lee, and Walter.

[Edited on 11-24-2019 by G-Spot]

**Ghandi (Clone High)**

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7685
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 11:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G-Spot
Just announced by HBK...Team NXT is Ciampa, Riddle, Priest, Lee, and Walter.

Holy shit, that's quite the badass team for NXT.

And have they said how the triple threat team matches are going to work? I can't recall them ever doing that before, so I assume it's going to be one member from each team in the ring at the same time?

As for tonight's show, I'm looking forward to it just because on paper there's not a bad match on the card (plus there's always a chance for some wacky screwiness at Survivor Series).

My picks/thoughts:

Brock Lesnar vs Rey Mysterio: I wasn't aware this is no DQ, so I think Mysterio actually has a shot to win here (as unfathomable as that seems). I'll still pick Lesnar to retain, but I'm not as 100% sure about it as I was when the match was first announced. Also, Lesnar is 2/2 in great Survivor Series matches the past two years, so hopefully that continues tonight.

Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan: Hopefully they do away with the red light here and have a normal match. And I see absolutely no scenario where Bray drops the title, so he's my pick to win.

Team RAW vs Team Smackdown vs Team NXT, Men's Edition: Flip a coin here, but I'll go with Team NXT just because they have the backing of Triple H/HBK.

Team RAW vs Team Smackdown vs Team NXT, Women's Edition: Since I picked NXT to win the men's match, I'll go with Team RAW to win the women's match for the hell of it.

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Roderick Strong: This has MOTN, if not MOTY, potential written all over it. I'll go with AJ to win, though it wouldn't shock me if Nakamura comes out on top since he just got that shiny new IC title belt.

Becky Lynch vs Bayley vs Shayna Baszler: Bayley is my dark horse pick to sneak out a win, but I'm going with Shayna here.

Adam Cole vs Pete Dunne: Pretty awesome to see this happening on one of the WWE's "Big Four" PPVs. I don't know that I see Adam Cole dropping the belt on a non-NXT PPV though (especially when you consider Cole/Ciampa has to happen at some point), so I'm going with him to retain.

New Day vs The Viking Raiders vs The Undisputed Era: I'll go with the Viking Raiders just because they've been booked pretty dominant, but no outcome here would surprise me.

derfsucks
Fella

Posts 376
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Taylor, MI

Mood: phoenetical

posted on 11-24-2019 at 11:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sami Zayn is a goddamned international treasure.

Nine Pound Hammer. Kinda like my genitals.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The WWE Network is already doing poorly with tonight, as the preshow didn’t want to load until the tag match (which I caught the announcement of the winner for) and now the sound doesn’t work. This just all seems like it’s going to be a thing, so I’m going to go ahead and pass on any more of this.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7685
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
The WWE Network is already doing poorly with tonight, as the preshow didn’t want to load until the tag match (which I caught the announcement of the winner for) and now the sound doesn’t work. This just all seems like it’s going to be a thing, so I’m going to go ahead and pass on any more of this.

Just curious what platform you're watching it on? I'm currently watching it on my PC and haven't had any issues thus far (though I didn't tune into the preshow).

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well this is quite the clusterfuck.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Had a few glitches on Roku. Phone running smooth, but I no likey tiny screen, so I switched to PC for now. First time loading it didn't work, but I did a manual reload and chose "Watch from Beginning" instead of "Watch Live".... I FF'd to live, and all's been well since.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Io and Candace were "injured" for underdog storyline purposes, no?

ETA: Love that JokerFlair smile. And The Cans. Always The Cans.

[Edited on 11-25-2019 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was on my XBox. Apparently the app “expired” on my Samsung TV between last January and yesterday and there’s no sign of it in the Samsung App Store. When I checked IGN to see if they had a recap of the two I missed, apparently the guy who does their live blogs had a similar issue until the tag match (I gave up after the preshow went down and went to Disney+ instead for a bit...better choice).

I tried starting from the beginning but apparently the parts of the show that did have volume before don’t anymore so Imma just take this Z-quil and get in a long night’s sleep while realizing I wasted $30 when $10 for the Rumble would have sufficed.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My buddy has a newfangled Samsung and we couldn't get the WWE app to load on it for the longest time. It either was an update WWE finally got pushed through or we updated his teevee somehow and it eventually worked. We watched Takeover last night on it with no issues. I'm on PC tonight with no issues here. Maybe punch it?

Also, suck NXT ladyeggs RAM and SD!

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7685
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-25-2019 at 12:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PC still running smoothly for me with no issues 45 minutes in, so it must be a platform-specific issue?

And I'm digging the dissension between Rollins and Owens...it adds some intrigue to their match (and Owens' callback to Rollins turning on the Shield was pretty great).

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've been watching on Roku TV since start of Pre-Show with no problems. Guess I'm lucky.

**Ghandi (Clone High)**

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A Punk chant. During a Styles/Nak/Roddy match. Eat my ass, Shitcago. Honorable mention to WWE for training legions of fans to sit on their hands.

Primo match tho.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I mean...all heel matches are often home of crowd apathy.

But yeah...that match was awesome.

Speaking of awesome...Miz here to do his best Paul E impression. Also...Miz and Bryan are either besties, or just have some unexplainable chemistry that WWE lucked in to.

ETA: I wonder how much UE being super over is going to tempt Vince to bring them “up” to RAW or SmackDown.

[Edited on 11-25-2019 by bigfatgoalie]

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
A Punk chant. During a Styles/Nak/Roddy match. Eat my ass, Shitcago. Honorable mention to WWE for training legions of fans to sit on their hands.

Primo match tho.

100% exactly this. Don’t get mad at having to listen to people like Corbin if you’re going to do that chant during a fucking Strong-AJ-Nakumura clinic.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah BFG, Miz and D-Bry's chemistry is off the damned charts. Like they're the last true pro wrasslers of their era because they both come from times when shit wasn't so scriptarded. I hope they get at least one Champeenchimp feud in the near future, which really seems like what they're finally slow burning to. But I also hope it doesn't come at the expense of a short Fiend reign.

Kinda weird seeing the NXT kids under these shitty ultrabright lights. But I am noticing the NXTites are seemingly getting the best cheers.

quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
I wonder how much UE being super over is going to tempt Vince to bring them “up” to RAW or SmackDown.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did someone give out pot brownies to the entire city of Chicago? Dudes are out here killing each other and it sounds like golf.

[Edited on 11-25-2019 by DKBroiler]

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It takes an upside down super kick to wake the crowd up.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And that fucking Panama Sunrise on the gotdanged apron!

Kudos to them boys for getting something outta that crowd.

Also, pls Haitch give Baybay a raise and a fucking vacation after the work he's put in this month. Pls.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1669
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As fantastic counters go, the Bitter End into the Panama Sunrise has to be up there.

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75

I loathe "CM Punk" chants, but I'm willing to overlook that momentary chant because it followed a Go2Sleep (or at least a move that looked a lot like the Go2Sleep) from Shinsuke Nakamura.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Adam Cole is going to main event a WrestleMania.
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-25-2019 at 01:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Adam Cole is going to main event a WrestleMania.

He really might. He’s definitely the closest thing currently to someone having a “Kofi Moment”. Such an outrageous talent. The Saudi flight was the best thing that ever could have happened to them.

Edit - I thought you said THIS WrestleMania.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top