The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (November 22, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4405
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-22-2019 at 11:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (November 22, 2019)

Tonight on SmackDown: WWE kicks off 4 consecutive nights at the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago, because Survivor Series Weekend is upon us... [I'll set the over/under on audible/distracting/wanker-y "See Em Punk" chants at 7, and the over/under on CM Punk in-arena appearances at 0.5. How bet you?]

The only SD-exclusive story headed into the PPV is WWEU Champ Bray Wyatt defending against Daniel Bryan.... WWE is promising that Bryan will call Wyatt out with the suggestion being the two will have some sort of physical confrontation.... of course, with Bray, it may not be that straightforward, given the option of Funhouse or Fiend... either way, two of WWE's best/strongest characters should deliver the goods tonight...

Only one other segment has been confirmed as of this writing.... it's a 6-man tag match featuring 4 of the 5 members of SD's mens team... Captain Roman Reigns will be joined by Unredacted Ali and [redacted] G[redacted] to face Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, and Robert Roode... Corbin is supposedly still angling to have Dolph/Roode replace Ali/Gable on the PPV team, so we'll see if there's any kind of stipulation or outside drama that moves us in that direction.... if not, Corbin will be a very lonely man at Survivor Series, teaming with 4 dudes who hate his guts (Braun Strowman is the one team member not already pre-included in this match, but who can certainly make his presence felt if it becomes necessary)...

It goes without saying that the rest of the show will probably focus on the SD vs. RAW vs. NXT rivalry, complete with run-ins..... for reasons still unclear (but likely related to network pissing contests), SD was woefully under-represented on RAW and NXT... Team Blue sent their B-Team (figuratively AND literally), for some reason.... exactly zero members of the men's SS team showed up, team captain Sasha Banks was absent from various women's brawls, and tag champs the New Day stayed home and let the Revival represent SD in the tag ranks....

So while we may be getting a bit sick of all the run-ins, there actually are compelling and fresh ways to do them tonight, simply because of so many of SD's featured players not really getting hands-on with their opponents yet... your mileage may vary, I guess, but I don't think the string is completely played out on different colored t-shirts fighting with each other until SD's top tier representatives finally get involved....

That is all. End communication...

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 10pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-23-2019 at 01:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Does Sami have Hep C with a dash of SuperAIDS or something? Y u no wrassle?!?

I... do not particularly like the new IC title design.

Yay, Baybay and Co.!

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-23-2019 at 01:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sami's maybe dealing with a shoulder thing, according to Ye Olde Dirte Sheetese.

I was going to also say that NXT seems to be getting more positive responses than the other two brands during a lot of tonight, but I think I based that mostly on the end of the women's stuff. The crowd seems more conflicted now. But clearly, they should be chanting N-X-T over and over. Because.

Edit: And as I've had pointed out to me via Twitter, I guess Toni Storm rounds out NXT's Lady Force for SS. Which I actually thought was finalized already. Seriously, why the hell has the team building for SS been so shitty? They made a big deal about who was going on to Team Rambling Old Man and Team Orange Pariah for Crown Jewel, but SS is just basically "well, I guess this person is the captain for this team, and maybe that person over there is on the team too. No wait, that person over THERE is. And the one behind them. Oh, we need two more people? Maybe we'll figure it out by the time SS happens. Oh, it's two weeks after the show? Oh. OH. Well, nevermind. At least there were no less than Infinity brawls between brands. You gotta give us that!"

[Edited on 11-23-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OMG OMG OMG Miz vs. D-Bry now?!? Thought I wouldn't have to break out muh special Miz vs. D-Bry poopin' pants 'til Wrasslemanya butt here we are...

ETA: They should be doing this in front of an AEW crowd. Good jorb training your audience not to give a shit, Vince.

[Edited on 11-23-2019 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
An NXT crowd would probably work too.

Also, if the red light is potentially meant to magically make the Fiend unbeatable, Bryan should've just jabbed him in the eyes or something once things switched over to flashy white light mode.

Edit: Damn, I missed my chance to point out that my post count was LEET briefly. Oh well! I spent that one well, grumbling about SS team building. And ALSO Survivor Series! A HA! A HA! A HA!

Edit II: Also, the SS theme is awful. That is all.

[Edited on 11-23-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
Damn, I missed my chance to point out that my post count was LEET briefly.

I like how Shayna is one of the oldest (and hottest) gals on the roster, yet she still retains a soft feminine voice with almost no hint of the Kardashian-esque vocal fry that plagues the Broads much younger than her.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When did Mustafa Ali get his first name back? This makes me happy. And hopeful that maybe, just maybe, someday, Andrade can get his nickname and last name back.
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7899
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
I like how Shayna is one of the oldest (and hottest) gals on the roster

Also...did Vince just realize that all the Women’s belts were white? Because otherwise, why the fuck do you get ride of the Classic IC belt?

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
They should've just let Billy Gunn join in with this stuff too for the hell of it.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes GJJ, but can I get an R.I.P. in peace for my man Chad Gable, a.k.a. SHORTY G™ on the loss of his name?

And don't kink shame me because that's like raceogynist or something, BFG. I adore that beautiful 39-year-old South Dakota born Kraut-Chinee dame.

CM Punk chants! YAAAAS!!!!

IT'S. A. SHIELDFEST!!!! WHERE'S DEAN?!?!?!?

IT'S A 'MEMBERTHISWHENDXDIDITFESSSSST!!!!!!!

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-23-2019 at 02:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
All I know is I'll be happy after SS ends and we can go back to not having random brawls every 30 minutes or so.

Hey, my jacket.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-23-2019 at 03:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A surprisingly good evening of pantomimed fighting foolishness. Still think Keith Lee should be named The Murder Bear because he looks exactly like a Disney cartoon bear that just ate Goldilocks and then chowed down on everything else in the forest. Wrasslin' at it's best with the bit in the brawl with Drake Maverick punching Drew McIntyre in the gut while two other SD guys held Drew's arms back. Ditto too with Corbin being so loathsome that everyone on the roster ignored him and then at the end with Seth hitting him with one of the announce desk tablets. Attention Vince - it really is the small touches like that, that the guys do on their own, that really matter and make things better. Predicting now, just like I did with Strowman becoming the best big-man in wrestling history, that Rhea Ripley will do the same for the women. She's already verging on goddess territory but she's going to put every other one of the larger women to shame within a few years. Lady Mad Max FTW! Internet Man who believes this is all real goes away satisfied, both in terms of entertainment and (thanks to the opening with the ladies) as well in tumescence!

Easily the best ep of SD since they went on FOX. And it appears that FOX has a lot more input into SD than they do on RAW. SD was always killing RAW before in terms of quality on any given week but whatever FOX is making/forcing/ordering WWE do with Friday nights is merely increasing the gap between two shows.

[Edited on 11/23/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4405
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-23-2019 at 03:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'ma gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back for being right about how -- even after a full week of predictable run-ins -- SD finally got the formula right with some fresh stuff featuring the right, upper-tier players that felt like it mattered.

Also, the HHH/HBK/Road Dogg aspect will only create more drama and anticipation for how involved (maybe not in the ring, but as managers/coaches at ringside) any of them might be. People are already drinking the CM Punk kool-aid, as well. And may I introduce the idea that Edge and Beth Phoenix might somehow get active and become the First Couple of NXT or some-such?

Bryan/Miz/Wyatt was a great mid-show featurette that only whets the appetite that much more for the WWEU Title match and what might come after (especially if Miz stays involved).

Opening women's schmozz definitely leapfrogs Rhea Ripley to the top of the NXT Women Prospect list. The mere sight of Toni Storm please me, as well, and means the NXT women's division is just so stacked and capable of respawning a full, deep roster, no matter how fast WWE calls 'em up to RAW or SD.

New Day/Heavy Machinery vs. UE was also excellent, especially the Heyman-esque way it started with Zayn/Nakamura badmouthing Roddy, segued seamlessly into the tag team spotlight, but then still seamless went back to Nakamura/Strong in the end.

Definitely a good outing. Each of this week's 3 shows got better, after a shaky start on Monday, and I think I'm rather stoked for Survivor Series (and only slightly less so for WarGames).

quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
I like how Shayna is one of the oldest (and hottest) gals on the roster

You know what? I'm gonna allow it. Personally, Asuka is my personal pick for "I know I'm in the minority, but she just butters my noodles in unique, non-standard, and age-appropriate way." But it's not hard to see Shayna's appeal, too. I mean, seriously just an insanely great body, and if her gimmick wasn't being a frightening she-beast, also not at all unpretty when off the clock.

A lot of what I loved about Ivory back in the day now resides in Baszler, now that I think about it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-23-2019 at 04:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Also, in solipsistic bookkeeping nooz, I dialed in on 6,660 Imgur images roughly around the same time I dialed in on 6,066 OO comments this past week. Pretty sure that means one of two Biblically foretold things: Takeover/Survivor Series is gonna be totally awesome this weekend or I'm gonna be the reason the impeachment hearings get tossed from the top of the nooz cycle. But hey why not both, amirite!? Meh, y'alls didn't want no mo' SoFlo anyways so yer welcome.

But seriously folks, outside of an upcoming Royal Rumble with a literally within-the-realm-of-possibility of a Cena and/or Punk and/or Edge return, this NXT-infused Survivor Series is shaping up to be a real barn burner. Yes yes, I was burn't by the Dolph-centric SS of many moons ago that went nowhere, but hope, as dangerous a thing as it is, is there nonetheless. Now on to WHOA GAYMES!!!

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 809
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2019 at 08:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, I thought that Toni Storm was a bigger deal than just being thrown in without a surprise or hyped up debut. I knew she was coming over but I figured it’d be a bigger debut.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-23-2019 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Toni arriving was probably the last option they had for the NXT team when they went five per side. Shayna's goons will be involved in the women's champions match. They obviously have different plans in mind for Dakota Kai, and really can't put her on the team after Rhea rejected her last week. After those names there really isn't a lot left in either the US or UK NXT women to choose from. Maybe Aliyah at best but the others are way too rough and awkward right now to appear on a big PPV.

I imagine Toni will stay with NXT US after this. Ditto too with Rhea and Tegan Knox as they have old feud-type business to finish up, what with Rhea crippling Tegan at the 2018 Mae Young Classic and then Toni taking the UK belt off of Rhea earlier this year.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-23-2019 at 10:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
People saying Shayna is hot...

Bizarro Seinfeld Episode

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1798
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 11-23-2019 at 08:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
^^^^^^
This!!!!!.....In what universe is Shayna hot???? Can someone tell me what feminine qualities she has that make her attractive? Bailey has a face that can stop traffic, but at least she has a great ass.

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-23-2019 at 08:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm on Team Shayna. But rather than try to explain it, I'll let SNL try to explain why Benedict Cumberbatch is hot and just say "yeah, female version of this."

[Edited on 11-23-2019 by nOOb]

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2019 at 09:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Isn't this just a rehash of that overly long, obnoxious debate we had last year about Ruby Riott? Neither Riott nor Shayna Baszler is conventionally attractive, but a lot of men prefer (or at least appreciate) women who are unconventionally attractive.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-23-2019 at 09:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Lloyd Wright
Bailey has a face that can stop traffic, but at least she has a great ass.

Too bad it's not Attitude anymore. That way we could have Bailey v Nikki Cross in Junk In The Trunk On A Pole match.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 809
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2019 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When I see that graphic of Becky/Shayna/Let Me Speak To Your Manager, imthe Thing that sticks out the most is Shayna’s Frankenstein forehead and sunken eyes. The woman is a badass, though, and that’s all I care about.
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8317
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-24-2019 at 02:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie

Also...did Vince just realize that all the Women’s belts were white? Because otherwise, why the fuck do you get ride of the Classic IC belt?

Because it's Cody's title belt. And Vince is a petty, petty man.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top