The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: AEW/NXT Wednesday Night Fight (November 20, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4405
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-21-2019 at 10:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ratings are in, and it's another tie. Both shows did roughly 900,000 viewers.

Of note: the combined audience for AEW and NXT is the largest since Week 2 of the Fight, and NXT's audience is their best head-to-head figure since AEW debuted.

I'll give the nod to NXT this week. The first hour was smoking, and it flew past in what felt like 10 minutes. Things limped a little towards the end, but honestly, other than the Raiders/Sons snoozefest, every segment still paid off strong even if the match was meh.

I mean, I know SD still didn't bother sending anybody of note, but they masked it way better than they did on RAW, and pretty much every run-in/brawl came off as chaotic and buzzy. As much as I hated RAW's one-note-song and lack of substantive brand hostility, NXT's brawls felt like more than colored t-shirts going through the motions. The women's brawl saved the overlong Kai/KLR match, and how could you not be tantalized by all the crazy shit (including a pair of fat men flying) capped off by Ciampa legit hanging with Seth Rollins, with a live crowd that definitely seemed comfortable turning on the Architect?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3209
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-21-2019 at 11:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iíve probably watched like 5 of the 8 AEW shows now. The won loss records really help me as a casual viewer. This should have been installed in WWE a decade ago. Good job AEW.

Edit - Did I just join the Epsilon Program? Kifflom!

Edit 2 - BILLY GUNN!!!

Edit 3 - WHY ARE YOU STAPLING MR ASS!!! What is going on?!? KIFFLOM!!

[Edited on 11-21-2019 by DKBroiler]

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 809
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2019 at 11:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod

I think the 'epic' reveal of the last member of Ciampa's team will happen at Takeover itself. Smart money's on either Velveteen Dream or John Morrison.

Isnít selling the PPV the point? I doubt theyíll see a huge bump regardless of who was revealed because of the Network thing but still, the more buzz the better. Then again, I trust HHH and co and i imagine the suspense will be killer during the match about whoíll finally come out.

(With your help) I just talked myself into reversing my position.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7899
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-21-2019 at 11:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Technically AEW won the demo, so they won the night.

Iím wondering what the numbers for NXT are like on the network?

Also...is Kenny Omega the new Nakamura? Letís toss out his ring work, which to me, has been...ok? The Jericho match was meh, and Mox vs Omega match was....a thing. But he has yet to look like the best wrestler in any of his bigger matches in AEW. But more concerning, his character and promos in AEW have been very not on the level of his NJPW work. I may need to wait and see how this pans out, but thatís a disappointment.

Iíd put that up with Dream being hurt at the worst time as the bummers of the Wars.

The biggest winners of the Wednesday Night War are easily Jericho, MJF, and Adam Cole. Well and Triple H. Iím not sure he could deliver 7 hours of NXT excellence each week...but we now know he can do two.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-22-2019 at 02:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
(With your help) I just talked myself into reversing my position.

That's what she said.

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1020
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 11-22-2019 at 08:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can we just have a shout out for how fucking awesome Jericho is as Le Champion?

The video package for Full Gear was the most entertaining thing on a wrestling show in as long as I can remember, and this balance of comedy, goofyness, and badassery is pure gold.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-23-2019 at 03:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Really great shows, as usual

NXT

-Opener was good, but Iím still not seeing what everyone else does in terms of Rhea ripley. Sheís OK. Certainly between ďaverageĒ and ďgoodĒ, ATM.
-Strong vs lee was GREAT, and I loved how they worked it. Strong used to have problems working with big guys not named Samoa Joe back in the day, but his whole run over the last 5 years has turned him into a fucking mastermind of how to work a match with almost anyone of any size.
-Coleís promo with Strong beforehand was great.
-UE vs Revival was the best tag match on free TV Iíve ever seen. I cannot think of one that was better than THAT. Jesus christ was that awesome.
-Ladder main was good, if not a little safe.

AEW

-Best opener on a TV wrestling show I have seen in years. Nick jackson can work a jr. heavyweight match so wonderfully, and has always been the superior Buck since 2008. Fenix is fucking crazy. That was WCW levels of great cruiserweight action. What a fucking opener.
-Jerichoís backstage walk was as good, if not better than his in-ring promo, which was ALSO very good. Having met Peter Avalon here in Harbin, my girl sees him on TV and often gets pretty taken back when heís put into the role of comedy foil. Itís crazy, being a wrestler makes you see the business in a whole different light.
-I like that Joshi wrestler with the red and white outfit. Sheís pretty damn cool.
-Battle Royal was surprisingly fun.
-I used to hate Orange Cassidy. Now I dig him.
-Omegaís promo was a bit weird...didnít really get how him lifting such a little amount of weight on the bench was supposed to make us take him seriously. At this point, Iím wondering if heís just content being laid back.
-Sky getting a title shot is dope. Should be a great match. Whereís Folby to celebrate with me?
-main event was great. I legit marked for that ending. That was a sick finish.
Darby allen rules

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4711
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 11-23-2019 at 05:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
I think the 'epic' reveal of the last member of Ciampa's team will happen at Takeover itself. Smart money's on either Velveteen Dream or John Morrison.

I would markout big time if it were Johnny Mundo, and I'd love to watch him on NXT. However, I feel like he'd be better served working at AEW.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top