The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: AEW/NXT Wednesday Night Fight (November 20, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-20-2019 at 10:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: AEW/NXT Wednesday Night Fight (November 20, 2019)

AEW vs. NXT SNAPSHOT
AEW Weekly Viewership Wins: 6
NXT Weekly Viewership Wins: 0
Ties: 1
Current Streak: AEW, 1 week in a row
Average Total Combined Weekly Audience (including replays/streaming): N/A (hopefully I will be able to find a reliable source for these figures in the near future)

LAST WEEK'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT FIGHT
Live Viewership: AEW 1,000,000 > NXT 800,000
Total Viewership (including replays and streaming): N/A (ditto)
Which Show Was Better in OOur Expert OOpinion: NXT
Micronalysis: Not too much to complain about on AEW, but NXT served up unimpeachable awesomeness in both Rush/Garza and the brutal women's ladder match, which were easily the strongest two segments of the night across both shows.

THIS WEEK'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT FIGHT

Triple H would really like you to check out NXT this week. During an afternoon media availability, he used the word "epic" about a half dozen times to describe what he sees playing out tonight, and what NXT will end up delivering in the end at TakeOver ad Survivor Series.

In addition to the "open door" policy and the suggestion of several top RAW and SD stars showing up for general chaos, NXT also has 3 potentially outstanding matches lined up: (1) Dominik Dijakovic and Adam Cole will try to top the women when they do their own ladder match main event tonight (once again, with the WarGames order of entry on the line).... (2) in the name of parity, the NXT Title will no be defended at Survivor Series (just like the WWE and WWEU titles), and Cole's #1 Contender will be determined when the long simmering 3-way hostilities among Pete Dunne, Damien Priest, and Killian Dian come to a head.... and (3) the Revival vs. Fish/O'Reilly is already confirmed as the first cross-brand affair of the night.

There's also room for plenty of story, as we still don't have a clear cut idea of who will comprise the men's and women's 5-person teams at Survivor Series (this was one area where HHH said it was likely to be kept a mystery and the reveal would be "epic").... but just in terms of internal affairs, the line-up for Saturday's men's WarGames Match has an opening, too (with Johnny Gargano suffering an injury, Matt Riddle is shunted over to a singles match against Finn Balor), so Ciampa/Lee/Dijakovic need a fourth (something that could very well play out in the main event ladder match)....

Over in AEW, Jon Moxley is fresh off brutalizing Kenny Omega, and issued an open challenge for more ultra-violence.... tonight, Darby Allin is stepping up for an unsanctioned/NHB/whatever match against the former Lunatic....

After his meltdown last week, AEW Champ Chris Jericho is promising some kind of major announcement tonight.... it's probably too soon to reveal his next serious PPV challenger (next AEW PPV is early 2020), but perhaps a restructuring of the Inner Circle?

Also announced: one of the Bucks vs. one of the Lucha Bros.... Private Party vs. LAX in tag action.... and some kind of gimmick battle royale, where a diamond ring is the oh-so-valuable prize, becauase, ummmm, uhhhhhhh, because WWE has a monopoly on giant pointless trophies as prizes, maybe?

That is all. End communication.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-20-2019 at 11:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wait ... so Cole is having a ladder match, a War Games match and a title defense at Survivor Series in the span of 5 days?

Please don’t kill this guy WWE.

So Pete Dunne’s gonna be NXT champ on Sunday then, huh. That’s interesting anyway. Just please don’t literally kill Adam Cole. He’s great but I’d prefer 10 years of awesome, not 2 and a what if.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-21-2019 at 01:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah nah, nah yeah NXT takes the first round tonight. Show 'er how it's done, Rhea!

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-21-2019 at 01:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Becky v Rhea to open a show?!?!?!? Talk about a Crunkmas gift coming early this year! Hot violent ladies! wOOt! Houn' dawg gonna eat that p....

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 11-21-2019 at 01:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
GodDAMN, Ricochet!! Tons of fun with Cesaro, Nakamura, and Strong interrupting the Ricochet/Riddle match.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2019 at 01:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I... I would like more information on joining Dark Order, please.

And thank you for that toss, MJF. Thank you.

Just Janny Thoughts: RAM and SD are kinda pointless now, ain't they?

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-21-2019 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It feels really weird to have Billy Gunn on TV again.

Edit: I don't often mind when a show cuts to commercials but stuffs the actions in a tiny box and shoves it to the side, but Jericho wandering around backstage while stuck in this particular limbo seems like a crime. I really wanted to hear what was going on when he came across the Librarians. And other stuff.

[Edited on 11-21-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2019 at 01:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Cool seeing him though. I kinda wish AEW got Orton. While they're doing great so far, I think they're one or two "holy shit" acquisitions from WWE/Impact and a more thorough Lady Division from being a genuine threat to WWE. Good. #ThankYouCody

I am so personally disappointed in how much I'm beginning to like MJF. He's a right proper smarmy cunt that guy.

ETA: I am proud of myself that finally know the difference betwixt Dash and Dawson immediately now without looking it up. Helpful Reminder: Dash Wilder = The One That Punched The Bret Assailant. Scott Dawson = The Bald One.

[Edited on 11-21-2019 by janerd75]

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hahahah, shit, didn't even realize that match was still going. It feels like it's been at least 30 minutes since it started. Also, it's amazing how being back in an NXT ring makes the Revival come off as about 1,000% better than a bunch of their main roster stuff. Which of course is more an indictment of creative efforts on the other two brands.

Also, I guess I jinxed them. SORRY REVIVAL!!!

Hey, my jacket.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3088
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Awesome Revival/ UE match. Absolutely terrific! McGuiness was great on commentary, too - referring to Power and Glory during Revival’s Powerplex is the kind of small, self-referential thing that scratches my history itch.

Interesting mention of Edge during the match, too.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm glad Luchasaurus grew his head back after Johnny Mundonitromorrisonimpactwhateverelse cut it off last year. Or was that earlier this year? Whenever.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lol, Luchasaurus is definitely on that Jurassic Juice considering how much many more ripped he was than Sw'Hagar.

Private Party, I watch Street Profits. I know Street Profits. Street Profits are friends of mine. Private Party, you're no Street Profits.

No disrespect, but I'm not sure what the point of Dakota Kai is other than her atrocious accent.

IT'S. A. BROADFESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#NEKKEH!!! *INSERT DERANGED SCOTTISH LADYGRUNTING HERE*

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3279
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So I haven't been totally vigilant on my Wednesday Nite Rasslin, cuz.. I dunno. Anywho, I -did- flip over to AEW when I realized it was on, and saw Two Guys Wearing Pinstripes (the sons of Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz?) taking on what I assumed to be Local Talent.

Yeah, that's what Santana/Ortiz and Private Party looked like at a glance. Sorry. They -did- amuse me, though, with that spot where they kept handing the guy in the about-to-be-suplexed position back & forth. Contrived, but still neato.

I have nothing more to say that is either relevant or true. *TM Scooter*

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's funny, someone on Twitter was saying something about how they needed to turn the volume up on the AEW announcers, and I only just now really noticed the volume issues during Allin's entrance. I mean, I guess that's better than the picture cutting out.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That whole sequence involving their respective atypical entrances with Darby ultimately torpedoing Mox from outta nowhere before the match even started is textbook How It Should Be Done Pro Wrasslin'™. Golly!

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-21-2019 at 03:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was a fun match. But now, BACK TO THE OTHER SHOW.

Edit: A valuable lesson here, if you climb a ladder while another ladder is propped on it on that side, you WILL fall back into it at some point.

[Edited on 11-21-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2019 at 03:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Djerkcolevic, pls don't kill Baybay. Pls.

ETA: IT'S. AN. EVERYONEONTHEFUCKINGROSTERFESSSSSSSSSST!!!!!

[Edited on 11-21-2019 by janerd75]

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-21-2019 at 03:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So basically NXT will probably be the best of the three WWE shows this week? If for no other reason than having some matches that actually ended properly. And managed to balance two PPVs worth of stuff.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2019 at 03:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Other than Bray/Fiend, D-Bry, The Broads, Street Profits, and... um, fuck I'm genuinely really stretching here... okay Orton because he's my favorite knucklehead, just make RAM and SD hour-long shows at this point. If they ain't even gonna try like NXT/AEW, then screw 'em.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3206
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-21-2019 at 04:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was a darn fine NXT.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2019 at 07:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
(Speaking of dopey parts, I done goofed)

[Edited on 11-21-2019 by CVD39]

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2019 at 07:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Man, AEW had some great matches (and a few dopey parts) but that was a damn fine show. Didn’t stand up to NXT, though.

quote:
There's also room for plenty of story, as we still don't have a clear cut idea of who will comprise the men's and women's 5-person teams at Survivor Series (this was one area where HHH said it was likely to be kept a mystery and the reveal would be "epic").... but just in terms of internal affairs, the line-up for Saturday's men's WarGames Match has an opening, too (with Johnny Gargano suffering an injury, Matt Riddle is shunted over to a singles match against Finn Balor), so Ciampa/Lee/Dijakovic.....

So what happened to these questions? And what was “epic”? Kinda feel took. Did I miss something?

derfsucks
Fella

Posts 376
Registered 1-4-2002
Location Taylor, MI

Mood: phoenetical

posted on 11-21-2019 at 11:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ciampa walking to the ring, pointing at the ground and saying, "This is MY yard, motherfucker" walking towards Seth Rollins in the ring sent me and my 13-year-old off the couch screaming. AEW was fire tonight, but I just don't think it topped NXT. Goddamn, I love Wednesday nights.

Nine Pound Hammer. Kinda like my genitals.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2499
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-21-2019 at 02:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39

So what happened to these questions? And what was “epic”? Kinda feel took. Did I miss something?

I think the 'epic' reveal of the last member of Ciampa's team will happen at Takeover itself. Smart money's on either Velveteen Dream or John Morrison.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1798
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 11-21-2019 at 09:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I give the win to AEW this week, simply for the fact of all the goddamn run-ins we have had to put up with leading up to Survivor Series. We get it WWE.....Smackdown, RAW, NXT are going head to head for brand supremacy!!

Nick Jackson vs. Fenix was amazing! And the fact that you saw that much action in a match that was barely over 10 minutes, made it a blast to watch.

I like Private Party more than the Street Profits, since people are finding it necessary to compare the two. My reason is simple, because one of the teams constantly screams at me, while the other barely says anything.

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top