The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 18, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-19-2019 at 04:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anticlimax, thy name is whatever the fuck I just watched.

I guess it was fitting, though. So many segments with so much promise, suddenly interrupted by utter randomness, and which forget to have any actual ending. So why would the ultimate end of the whole show be any less pointless?

Hype a final confrontation between Rey/Lesnar? Nah, how about you take (an admittedly very effective) Heyman promo, followed by a tepid Rey promo that was mostly memorable for some kind of annoying audio issues, instead.

Andrade/Seth? Here, have the Lucha House Party and a no decision! Followed by Seth and Andrade teasing a restart of their match, only for Seth to say "Some other time, pal" and walk away.

Owens/McIntyre? Unimpeachable awesomeness is interrupted by NXT, so have a no decision, too, you guys! As a bonus, KO, you have an offer to join NXT direct from Triple H, who then does nothing to stop the Undisputed Era from kicking your ass because..... ummmm, because.... uhhhhh, I'm sure somebody thought it was High Drama. But they were wrong.

And lastly, Randall needs a super duper badass Mystery Partner? So here, have literally THE ONLY GUY ON THE ENTIRE ROSTER WHO HAS NOT APPEARED YET AND WHO ALSO HAPPENS TO BE RANDALL'S TEAMMATE ON SUNDAY. Yeah, that's not gonna be a giant thud with every member of the audience over the age of 8. Not at all!

As a bonus, lets have said tag match end with a massive run-in (what's that, ANOTHER no decision?) and that features fewer than half of the actual announced participants in the actual 5-on-5-on-5 match, and a whole bunch of midcard cannon fodder nobody cares about, because, hey, it's only the main event so why hold back on star power the likes of the Forgotten Sons and Heavy Machinery?!!!?

Hey, at least HHH showed up to invite me to watch on Wednesday, when he swears he'll leave the door open. Maybe SD will remember to, you know?, send a crew where Dolph Ziggler isn't the only guy with at least some history of being adjacent to credibility.

Or maybe not. Why do I get the feeling we're gonna find out over the next few days that WWE didn't intend for the show to suck as hard as it did, and instead blame it on some kind of pissing contest between USA and FOX and who is allowed to crossover and who isn't?

To that end, I further propose that the only thing approximating drama tonight is: What was the significance of Ziggler, and Ziggler alone, wearing his t-shirt backwards so that the front said "FOX" and "SmackDown" was on the back? DRAMA~!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-19-2019 at 05:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
^ this pOOster RAM go home shows for Survivor Series.

Also, it's officially 11/19 so I trust errbody 'members what that means.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-19-2019 at 08:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick

And lastly, Randall needs a super duper badass Mystery Partner?

Neat how that tag team turned out to be an asshole and a guy who plays with his asshole.

The women need to begin and end every show. I repeat, the women need to begin and end every show, dammit.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The results looked blah and the feedback isn’t better so I was going to skip highlights. I did however see that Team Raw has been announced for the women. It’s Charlotte, Natalya, the Poison Misters, and Sarah Logan. Who, to the best of my knowledge, hasn’t even been a runner-inner on any of the Raw brawls. Which meant I did have to watch a highlight to confirm.

So one of three things happens:
-Optimistic and unlikely option: Sarah Logan goes on a run in the match and eliminates a lot of people, setting up a push.
-The classic wrasslin’ option: Logan gets attacked pre-match to setup a mystery partner. Which, this being WWE, either ends up being an unasked for Bella or Becky pulling double duty when Team Raw is down to one.
-The “Vince is a genius” option: Logan is predictable filler and is eliminated first, at which point Raw has to “overcome the odds”. Because WWE WWE’s.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4107
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-19-2019 at 05:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just a thought,

Wouldn't the RAW roster getting overwhelmed by NXT and SD be a great opportunity to reintroduce Black and have him come out and lay out bodies? Kind of awkward how he keeps asking for a fight while lierally everybody else is out there fighting.

[Edited on 11-19-2019 by First 9]

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10859
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-19-2019 at 05:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm assuming RAW winning all the matches is a foregone conclusion, just like they swept Survivor Series last year or the year before.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1798
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 11-19-2019 at 08:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Loved Samoa Joe on color commentary. He was able to neutralize the shittiness that is Jerry Lawler. Do we even know how much longer he will be out with that thumb injury?

Lana is terrible and should be pink slipped immediately along with this awful storyline.

I understand that you are trying to build up momentum for Survivor Series, but did you have to have run-ins during practically every match? At least it felt that way. Especially during the McIntyre / Owens match, which was epic up until that point. Ridiculous!

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9478
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-19-2019 at 11:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Lloyd Wright
Loved Samoa Joe on color commentary. He was able to neutralize the shittiness that is Jerry Lawler. Do we even know how much longer he will be out with that thumb injury?

Lana is terrible and should be pink slipped immediately along with this awful storyline.

I understand that you are trying to build up momentum for Survivor Series, but did you have to have run-ins during practically every match? At least it felt that way. Especially during the McIntyre / Owens match, which was epic up until that point. Ridiculous!

I agree with basically every word of this post.

I was thinking last night as Joe was crushing it on commentary - How much gas does he have left in the tank anyway? Just come do commentary full-time, Joe! I'm good with that!

The fact that these guys like Joe, Bryan, AJ, and even Rollins and KO who have been throwing themselves off of cages, top ropes, etc for 14+ years at this point are still going is a bit concerning regarding how much longer they can keep doing it. I like that AJ has apparently toned things down a bit but seeing Rollins do his double-dive through the ropes makes me wonder if he'll be able to walk at age 50.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1414
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-20-2019 at 01:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As far as the women's team is concerned, Liv Morgan Twitter'd in response to that announcement by simply laughing a lot at it. So perhaps she debuts whatever new look/gimmick via taking someone out and replacing them, maybe even Logan. Maybe? On the other hand, neither woman has had much on-screen time in a long time, so randomly tossing one in so the other can come along and replace them seems a bit meh, even with their Riott Squad history. If that were to happen, it seems like the right idea would've been, you know, using them on TV so there'd be a bigger impact if/when Liv pops up and clocks Sarah.

Also, I think NXT worked on developing its women's team via TV time, but has Raw or SD really spent any time with that? It just seemed like they tossed shit together at the last second.

Hey, my jacket.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top