The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 18, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4405
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-19-2019 at 12:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 18, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: it's the final hoedown for the Warriors In Red before Sunday's Survivor Series, and there's still quite a bit of work to be done...

Exactly zero members of RAW's 5-woman team have been made official, for instance... obviously, it's easy to make some educated guesses, starting with Charlotte.... beyond that, we have a confirmed Asuka vs. Natalya match set for tonight, and I would wager heavily that we'll see NXT's women once again crash the party for a no decision, as Charlotte/Asuka/Kairi/Nattie/+1 close ranks to form Team RAW.... if Shayna Baszler keeps up her Perfect Attendance Record since that start of the invasion, you might even see Becky involved in the brawl or a giant tag match like we got on SD... [Becky vs. Shayna vs. Bayley is one of the 3 champ v. champ v. champ matches]

Similarly, NXT has not officially announced any members of their men's team, and that pattern of run-ins hasn't really given us any clues on that front.... the Undisputed Era have done all the interference, however all but Adam Cole are spoken for in the champ v. champ v. champ matches... they can certainly wait till Wednesday night to finalize things, but we could definitely use a little tasty taste tonight to get the ball rolling.... if the team leans heel, Cole/Finn Balor are your obvious leaders; if it leans face, Riddle/Lee/Ciampa all work (but Balor and Riddle won't co-exist at this point).... wild theory: Triple H himself dons the black and gold as captain for Team NXT.... we shall see, but at the very least having him installed as a ringside "coach" or something instantly makes any Team NXT that much more threatening....

As with the women, we have a confirmed match tonight that could provide the backdrop for telling that story.... Seth Rollins is facing Andrade [redacted] [redacted], and there is a stip that if Andrade wins, he takes over as Team Captain.... while that would help the team as a whole lean more heel, I can't see it happening, so the more likely purpose has got to be facilitating an NXT run in, no?

As it stands, Kevin Owens and Ricochet join Rollins as fellow faces, and Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton are the heel counter-balance, and are the other players who would be in the mix for any angles/brawls/matches that might stem from an NXT cameo...

Lastly, the lone RAW-exclusive production for Survivor Series is Brock Lesnar defending the WWE Title against Rey Mysterio.... Brock's been his usual absentee self for about 3 weeks, but he'll be present tonight... WWE is strongly suggesting Rey and Brock will run into each other tonight to put the finishing touches on build-up for their PPV contest...

The rest: (1) the tri-champ tag match is RAW's Viking Raiders vs. NXT's Fish/O'Reilly vs. SD New Day... (2) the final tri-champ match is RAW's US Champ AJ Styles vs. NXT NA Champ Roderick Strong vs. SD IC Champ Shinsuke Nakamura... ergo (1+2) either the Raiders or AJ Styles could be reasonably added to the list of possible NXT targets, alongside everyone else already mentioned... (3) R-Truth is still chasing the 24/7 Title which is essentially being held by both Singh brothers at this point (using Twin Magic to confound the easily-confounded Truth)... and (4) the depressing pile of suck that is Rusev/Lana/Lashley probably isn't going to find a spot on the PPV card because of time constraints, but that doesn't mean it's going away, so brace yourself....

That is all. End communication.

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I need a universal translator for all these busted-ass accents in muh 'Murican ring. Oirish in Bahstun, you say? Well, duh. That's like saying there are [redacted]s in Atlanta. Hey. Hey. Relax. It's pronounced edacted. You don't enunciate the "r" because that would be no buenocist. #NowThat'sWhatICallPushingIt

Also, JOE'S GONNA KILL THEM!

ETA: Finally, it's a Hoss(wo)munnfessssst! Sorta!!!

[Edited on 11-19-2019 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The only way I can describe Jessamyn Duke is "Olive Oyl". Not being a dick or body-shaming, she's just an odd duck of the string-beany variety. Good start to the show anyway. It's always appreciated when the first segment of the show is all large-breasted and such.

Looks like Curt & Zack get to be the first one to put over a couple of Trump's pals from the Chechen mafia. Poor bastards.

[Edited on 11/19/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's what they do best! Aside from the times they get titles for a few weeks.

And now I'm excited to see how fast Montez Ford vibrates tonight.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
The only way I can describe Jessamyn Duke is "Olive Oyl". Not being a dick or body-shaming...

Ok, boomer, but those aren't the words of our people. Be moar age-appropriately sexogynist!

Also, according to the awful turrible no-good internet I would argue that that particular sexy tomboy beanpole is very body-positive and has nothing to be ashamed of.

Also2, where Dio at?

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought he was on commentary now. I'm pretty sure SOMEONE joined Lawler and Other Guy at some point after the start of the show.

Edit: Now I guess I understand the previous Samoa Joe reference. Maybe Dio's taking his Lesnar attack as an opportunity to take a Lesnar-like break! Or Lesnar functions like a virus.

Also, YES SHITTY SEGMENT TIME! And again, either Lana sucks on the microphone when she isn't using an accent, or they really have been mostly ad libbing this crap. Also would've been great if No Way Jose just got out of the ring and walked off during all that.

Mouthful of fist.

[Edited on 11-19-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Narp. That's Joey Samoey.

Oh good, this shit.

ETA: 'Member whens't Lio was Bobby's mouthpiece and nobody liked it at first but then Lio started to get him and Bobby over and it was cool but then Lio lost his shit for a while and Bobby went away for a bit? Janny 'members.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can still remember the old days, when a Lana segment was a hi-lite instead of a vomit-inducing portion of the show. Christ, it makes "make Tamina ravishing again" look like high-art in comparison.

[Edited on 11/19/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In so many ways, no way Jose sums up this entire segment. #MetabookingFTW!

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-19-2019 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And then cap that off by channeling Chris Masters. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

Hey, my jacket.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Emmalina watched that Lana segment and, not for the first time either since her departure, decided that it was the right move to make when she goaded them into firing her.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Much like they did with the Edge/Lita sex show, they're getting close to firing me if they keep this shit up. Thank goodness I have AEW to switch over to.... FUCK. Pls switch to Mondays, Cody. Pls.

ETA: Just me or is Andrade lookin' a lot beefier and more "off" than his usual smooth self? Meh, must be The Cans and I don't blame him one bit for that. Or those.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What are we referring to here? Most of what happened between Lucha House, M.D. popping out to attack Rollins initially and causing me to briefly forget SS and think they'd just pulled a heel turn to ally with Andrade and the most recent match is hazy at best. Other than Murphy trying to PICK. A. FIGHT. with Black while he was in the bathroom and the continued build to revealing that we're finally getting our Chucky-based match when it's revealed that that's what's in Rowan's Backwoods Pet Carrier.

Edit: I looked up to see the Singhs with a mystery guy and I thought WWE had brought Ellsworth back without saying anything about it before I realized it was just the Designated Jobber for a "we're going to have this big guy beat on jobbers for a few months to show how big he is" match.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lol, A-Lister's a goof now.

Rowan just kill't Darby Allen.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7899
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Humberto is kind of death.

Buddy Murphy needs to be in the ring with people like Ricochet and Alister Black.

Also...Dom vs Cole ladder match on Wednesday? Ummm...yes please.

Oh and AEW would be stupid to switch to Monday’s. I mean, they may take some fans from RAW, but not from MNF

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like Humberto Carrillo just fine, but he seemed to be off his game tonight. What were there, like, three almost-botches in that match with Karl Anderson?

Also, is WWE trying to do an "It's OK, we're taking it back" thing with the term "hot Karl?" Because I can't see it working.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
What are we referring to here? Most of what happened between Lucha House, M.D. popping out to attack Rollins initially and causing me to briefly forget SS and think they'd just pulled a heel turn to ally with Andrade and the most recent match is hazy at best. Other than Murphy trying to PICK. A. FIGHT. with Black while he was in the bathroom and the continued build to revealing that we're finally getting our Chucky-based match when it's revealed that that's what's in Rowan's Backwoods Pet Carrier.

I was referring to the random Lucha House Party cameo. I mean, I'm OK with the Seth Rollins-Andrade match getting interrupted, so Andrade doesn't have to job. But if you were going to bring out someone from SmackDown! or NXT, I feel like just about anyone would have been better than Lucha House Party, who haven't been relevant in ages. You know they're not going to play a role of any significance at Survivor Series.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What mean MNF, Canaman? Is that the Handegg Show? People still watch that shit? Whatevs.

And I would assume that much like The Fiend carrying out his own severed head to the ring for PPVs, Discount Fiend Rowan is carrying out his own hog in Rowan's Backwoods Pet Carrier.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That makes sense! And kind of a shame, considering I'd say all three guys are pretty solid. They just haven't been used well in quite a while, and now here we is.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My goodness Drew is as dreary as his entrance music. Rock me a dirge, matey.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-19-2019 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
McIntyre hurling Owens into the barrier was nice. IT WAS NICE.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 03:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
MEH GUESS SO!

ETA: GatDANGit Haitch, I was just gettin' unMEH'd!

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-19-2019 at 03:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Raw locker room cares! And either weren't paying attention, or their dressing rooms were on the other side of the building.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-19-2019 at 03:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's a festfest. Whee.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top