The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (November 15, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4377
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-15-2019 at 11:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (November 15, 2019)

Tonight on SmackDown: it's actually shaping up as kind of an interesting show...

Right off the bean, a New Day vs. Revival tag title match ought to be plenty awesome... add in the fact that a spot in the Survivor Series champ v. champ v. champ match is on the line at the same time AND the Undisputed Era (Fish/O'Reilly are tag champs) are reportedly on hand in Philly tonight to represent NXT, and it just gets crazier...

Then, a second anchor segment will feature Daniel Bryan on MizTV.... and there's so much to unpack here: (1) Bryan has been courted by the Dark Side of Sami Zayn and IC Champ Shinsuke Nakamura lately, with Zayn promising to do for Bryan what he did for Shin, but Bryan has resisted, so far. (2) Bryan was inexplicaably attacked by WWE Champ Bray Wyatt last week. (3) So does Bryan want some help -- however evil it is -- in battling Wyatt, or will he still resist Sami, and find himself in a 1-on-3 situation?

Oh, and (4) almost a whole damn decade of various drama between Bryan and Miz for subtext.

Oh oh, and (5) did I mention the Undisputed Era and the champ vs. champ vs. champ matches? Because if this segment breaks down and WWE Champ Wyatt and IC Champ Nakamura are involved, NXT Champ Adam Cole and NA Champ Roderick Strong have a second place where they can potentially show up.

The rest:

• Although Unredacted Ali and [redacted] G[readacted] are already on SD's 5-man Survivor Series team, they are facing Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode tonight, and those last two spots will now go to the winners.
  • The trio of Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, and Boring Carbon are the other 3 set-in-stone members of the team, and in some permutation, I'm sure they contribute to another match/segment (perhaps a third spot for the Undisputed Era to appear and put the strange bedfellows partnership to the test?).
  • And Nikki Cross has a non-title match against Bayley, and if Nikki wins, she gets the 5th and final open spot for SD's women's team; Shayna Baszler has been a constant presence on RAW/SD since the crossovers started, so she could be the difference maker... then again, so could team captain (and Bayley's BFF) Sasha Banks (who already has Carmella, Lacey Evans, and Dana Brooke on board)... then again, so could Nikki's BFF Alexa Bliss, who is reportedly close to returning after a shoulder injury.... we shall see.

That is all. End communication...

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 10pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6147
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 11-16-2019 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm mostly a'ight with Boring Cabron but geez o'pete it's a bummer to see Dolph and Roode even storyline subservient to him.

Oh, I see. A Reigns-based furry. This is...something.

ETA: First mention of Punk being back by Cole with an oddly edited video where they showed the moment he came out on Backstage but with generic rock music instead of Cult of Personality playing him out.

[Edited on 11-16-2019 by janerd75]

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-16-2019 at 01:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think WWE broke me somehow. I was thinking that I almost looked forward to whatever bullshit they came up with tonight for the Lanashleysev crap, and then remembered that was only on Raw and almost felt disappointed. It's a good thing Bray showed up to magic his title's belt color and call everyone's parents liars at the same time.

Edit: I now understand this talk of a Reigns furry. But why is Corbin wandering around with such a thing?

[Edited on 11-16-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Oh, I love legitimate theatre.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6147
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-16-2019 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It was the furthering of Cabron's taunt from last week aboat Reigns being a yappy dog, which is now personified in an actual Reigns-based furry.

WWE is gonna break me when Braun wipes out Gulak and Rotunda and Hennig's sons.

Yep. Broken now.

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-16-2019 at 01:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm still sad I finally hit my "I don't really give a shit about Strowman anymore" sometime in the past month or two.

And I give the B-Team some credit, they're still being used. When I found out that I guess WWE was cutting the Colons, or they were asking for their release or something, I had to keep reminding myself they were still (or were still) employed there.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6147
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-16-2019 at 01:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, Brown Slowjamz isn't really on my radar of interest anymore. I am no longer interested in seeing anyone get those hams. At least Big Show got to do some cool stuff as The Giant or stuff like ShowMiz, and we can all have a giggle about how many heel/face turn he's had. But Blown Slamdance? Hard MEHHHHHHHHH.

Also, does WWE know that AEW is now A Thing? Like a legit interesting A Thing? It's good shit, pal!

ETA: IT'S A BROADFESSSSST!!!!

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-16-2019 at 02:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
One of the better types of fest.

I'm happy with this situation. When the Nekkeh/Bayley match went poof super fast, I figured knowing how some of these things go nothing else would happen beyond some NXT/SD scuffling followed by a commercial break or somesuch.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6147
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-16-2019 at 02:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rhea is a goddamned star. In muh haid moovies I dream of an actual Hoss(wo)munn faction of Cherlette, Tessa Blanchard, Rhea, and Sasha, daddeh.

ETA: Miz n' D-Bry jawjackin'! Schtop! Meine pener can only get so hard!

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-16-2019 at 03:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bray yelling YES over and over was fun. The show ending about a minute or two before 10 on the other hand was odd. We could've had another minute of yelling, at the very least!

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7594
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-16-2019 at 03:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Miz n' D-Bry jawjackin'! Schtop! Meine pener can only get so hard!

Yeah, I could listen to those two on the mic together all day. And I find it kind of interesting that they're not going full-on face with Daniel Bryan in this feud with Bray Wyatt, at least as of now.

Also, it's pretty cool that Bray turned the Universal title blue, since keeping it red really wouldn't have made much sense on Smackdown (though it is a little odd that the Universal title is color-specific to what show it's on, while the WWE title isn't).

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6147
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-16-2019 at 03:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's also neat to see probably the three most character-rich personalities on SD in Miz, D-Bry, and Bray orbiting each other. But that's not so neat when you look at the precipitous drop off when it comes to the rest of the crew, with maybe the exception of When He Gives A Shit Orton, but I don't even remember what show he's with now TBH.

Again, as far as character stuff goes, the shades of whatever versions of Miz and D-Bry were great here. Miz dug down into his smartmouth bag o'roasts and laid into D-Bry, who in turn is still kinda telling errbody to go fuck theyselves but somewhat in a politer way. And thank fuck Bray is all still, "I remember what you did" to D-Bry. Defintely good shit, pal.

In muh other haid moovies, I wish they'd let Luke Harper out of creative has nothing for you prison and let him team back up with Bray vs. a begrudging team of Miz/D-Bry.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7594
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-16-2019 at 04:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Again, as far as character stuff goes, the shades of whatever versions of Miz and D-Bry were great here. Miz dug down into his smartmouth bag o'roasts and laid into D-Bry, who in turn is still kinda telling errbody to go fuck theyselves but somewhat in a politer way.

Agreed, I loved that despite whatever their current face/heel alignments are, it was just Bryan and Miz talking shit to each other like always.

quote:
And thank fuck Bray is all still, "I remember what you did" to D-Bry. Defintely good shit, pal.

That was a nice callback to their feud from five years ago, in addition to another nice bit of continuity with Bryan mentioning kicking AJ in the balls to win the WWE title last November. Tonight definitely made Bryan/Bray go from "eh, could be good" to "okay, now you have my attention" for me.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4072
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-16-2019 at 04:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That last segment was great. Bray Wyatt doing the Yes chant but throwing in an evil cackle midway, Bryan going on a passionate spiel about Bray beaing a manipulator and a liar just for Bray to sell it with an ''aw shucks'' reaction, Bryan showing character consistency and not embracing the Yes chants.

Also, it's kind of funny that Bryan was still showing some heel tendencies while Miz was a ful on face and Bryan still came off as more likeable than Miz. Maybe a heel Bryan vs face Miz feud that a lot of us wanted wouldn't have worked.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6147
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-16-2019 at 06:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon

That was a nice callback to their feud from five years ago...

You clearly meant two, yes? *checks WWE files* *no, not you Paige though I wonder how you cleaned all the bedazzled nooks and crannies on that title, not you Chyna and X-Pac and wow I forgot how big that thing was, not you Mickie and golly! that's still a lot of roast bee...ah yes, here we are D-Bry and the Wyatts...* Oh. Oh dear.

Also, technically it's a c-hair under two months from being six years ago whens't D-Bry left the Wyatt Family.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-17-2019 at 12:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think they still don't know what the hell they're doing in booking Bray Wyatt. He's obviously a face when he's "Bray" but The Fiend just lends itself to more of a heel bent. And that's how you end up with the clusterfuck that was the Hell In A Cell match. I'm really not sure about their approach with keeping Bryan fairly heelish in this feud, as you'll basically be left with a heel-vs.-heel match at Survivor Series that will run the risk of getting shat upon by the crowd once again.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6147
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-17-2019 at 01:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Were it anyone other than D-Bry and Bray, I'd wholeheartedly agree. But it's two of the most richly charismatic guys on the roster, unlike when it was Bray vs. Rollins, the latter of whoms't has been experiencing a clear lack of wrasslin' gravitas as of late. And we're only a couple weeks out from awareness of Mox/Omega savagery so hopefully there's a bit of bleedover in the oneupsmanship as far as storyline and in-ring intensity goes.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4072
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-17-2019 at 05:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Brock vs Bryan as heel vs heel worked well last year, so The Fiend vs a still kinda heelish Bryan should work out fine.
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3148
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-17-2019 at 03:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Heel vs heel wonít matter with Daniel Bryan involved. There are many reasons why I still believe he is the best overall (and definitely pound for pound) professional wrestler in the world, and one of them is his supernatural ability to get the crowd to do what he wants.

Itíll be Wyattís best 1 on 1 match ever. Book it. Bryan doesnít do big stage duds.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, 0 Time Award Winner

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-17-2019 at 04:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It doesn't matter how great the match is. It could be three times better than Savage/Steamboat... as long as they continue using that stupid ass red light, it'll be irritating and sucky.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3148
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-17-2019 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
It doesn't matter how great the match is. It could be three times better than Savage/Steamboat... as long as they continue using that stupid ass red light, it'll be irritating and sucky.

Solid point.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, 0 Time Award Winner

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8919
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-17-2019 at 06:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It'll turn blue, like the belt.

Don't Mess With Texas

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4377
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-18-2019 at 05:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm definitely in the camp of giving Bray and Bryan the benefit of the doubt after Friday night. In a vacuum, they are both preternaturally able to tell a story that connects with fans, without sparing the action.... but if you go back in time, yeah, there's a backstory there, too.

Bryan was only a member of "The Family" for about a month, and after he came out the other side, John Cena was the guy who had his back.... but if I really wanted to stir shit up, I'd remind you that in the lead-up Bryan's "turn," he was teaming with non-other-than CM Punk (even beating Harper/Rowan for the tag belts at one point, I want to say?).

Everybody's losing their minds that Survivor Series is in Chicago, and that crowd will walk away pissed no matter how excellent the show is if they don't get some taste of Punk, so uhhhhh, yeah, whatever you fill in the blanks however you like..... just remember that's YOUR story and I didn't say a damned thing.

[If anything, my gut feel is that Punk and WWE need more time to warm up to each other, regardless of how much he seemed to move the needle on social media trends. Just as a fer-instance, it is apparent that FOX is willing to pay for "Cult of Personality" for Punk appearance on their networks and for clips that are distributed via their social media accounts. WWE is not, as witnessed by the hype video for Punk's first full episode of Backstage. At least, not yet.]

Guessed right on UE crashing the tag title match.... and now, I'd wager the New Day and Revival are forced into a tenuous alliance against all 4 next Friday (a match Undisputed Era can win by pinning one of Dash or Dawson; either that, or by pinning one of Woods/E because Dash/Dawson abandon them; regardless, it gets them good and strong in the fans' eyes before they are in 3 separate champ v. champ v. champ matches at the PPV).

From the "We Can Only Hope" File: if Corbin really is going to do whatever he can to get Ziggler and Roode on the team, I hope it involves him putting his own spot on the line. And losing it. Otherwise, I just see no narrative upside to him being the Lone Heel: whatever very small fraction of potentially interesting ways to handle it are out the window given that Corbin and Reigns are slated for a "Dog Collar Match" (get it?) at TLC, leaving only the stupid and the stultifyingly obvious options. Miz would slot in nicely (or yadda yadda yadda Edge something something, if we're still remembering those rumors).

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top